A Birth day - Page 53
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 53 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 53 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:28 am

Aria nodded and smiled as Angus described the fabric and how difficult it was to get " oh then we ow him big time and I know the girls will absolutely adore them " she said and chuckled but when the blue envelope was mentioned she looked at Angus and Marcus puzzled " your right she doesn't do that" she listened as they spoke more and she looked to both again " so its a ball but with a hidden mission in it?" she asked.

Off in the distance Ruby heard Jack shout a name and a young man went running towards him. "Johnson, you forgot to feed the owls again, for the third time they get fed first thing every morning, forget again and I'll have you out of here and so far away you'll think you were in Antarctica, got it? "Jack shouted then the man nodded and ran back to his job leaving Jack shaking his head Ruby chuckled and looked at Angus.

" I don't think the owls missing a feed will happen again" she said to him then looked at the envelope " so we going or what?" she asked " because if we are I need to alter my dress to take in account of mission gear too" she said and smiled at them both as she handed Minos a flower petal to use as a shade for Ili from the sun.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5077

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:43 am

"Calm down, Ru," Angus said, shaking his head. "You always want instant answers, don't you? I only just now heard we were invited at all. We do have rules here, you know. If we were asked to simply be parents in this, then we could certainly accept on our own. This, however does not seem one of those times. This appears much more like a request for our assistance, and we don't have the authority to do that without Robert's knowledge. Since he is still our commander, I'm going to have to talk to him."

"You both need to have an evening gown," Marcus told them, "that allows you to wear a wand holster, and I do not mean a thigh holster. Those are immensely impractical to wear under an evening gown. You need holsters that you can wear on the calf of your leg--below the knee. Nobody wants to see you hiking up your dress up to your crotch to grab your wand," Marcus told them. "All you need for a formal occasion should be your wand. if you need heavier artillery, then, most likely, we will carry those things for you, or Robert will have some other way for you to carry them--a clutch bag or something. If you each get a rather simple, classic cut, sheath style maxi length evening gown that fits well, then we can alter the color to whatever we need for the mission at hand. I suggest you each invest in at least one and just keep it in your closet. If you want a cover for one, then you might want to consider some sort of a bolero jacket because a shawl on a mission becomes a pain in the arse just because of the loose fabric that you have to keep wrapping around yourself. And don't make me bring up shoes again because you both know what I think is practical for mission wear at a formal ball."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23547
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:56 am

Ruby looked at Angus and nodded " right Robert needs to know and authorise the mission" she said as Aria chuckled next to her then listened to Marcus describe the dress style they should wear so the could have their wands under it.

" oh I saw a nice one at Clive's" she said " it will be perfect it has shorts under it and slit up the side, its flowy and not too long and a light green and I can wear flats with it too." she said chuckling " I'll message Clive to send it over." Ruby looked at Aria and then to Angus knowing she already had one she could use if need be.

" you want I should take this over to them or , you want to wait for a bit?" she asked " as I could start lunch?" he added with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:15 am

"Wait," Angus frowned. "I'm confused. I realize that sometimes I really don't understand dresses as well as I should but I'm missing something. Why do you need shorts underneath your dresses at all? What am I not understanding? If you wear a calf wand holder and not a thigh wand holder, like Marcus suggested, you don't need any shorts. Do let me handle talking to Robert please. I don't know that we need to have an answer in the next few minutes anyway. It can wait until I finish the weeding."

"I don't think they're really listening," Marcus told Angus. "They're still stuck back on the thigh holsters they've always used. They're not hearing me tell them to use a holster that straps right below their knee instead. Either that or they don't want to shift to something new."

"Whatever, I suppose," Angus said, picking up his bucket that was full of weeds. He took them out of the garden to go dump them in the back of the yard where he had started a bit of a compost pile. Marcus heated up a bit more of the medicinal tea and put some in a tiny mug for Ili and handed it to her. She seemed grateful to get it, and simply sat with him and drank the tea. Minos fluttered over and sat next to her, and Marcus offered him some tea too.

Kate walked around the cabin and found them all out in the yard.

"Am I intruding?" she asked. "I brought a sketch of an idea I had for a possible fairy house for our friends."

"You're not intruding at all," Marcus said. "They're just having some more tea. Come join us. We have names. Come let me introduce you."

"Names? Wonderful," Kate smiled. She went over and sat down close to Marcus, and he introduced her to them. She showed them her sketch, and, managed to explain through some simple gestures that she was proposing this as a home for them for as long as they wanted it. They both looked at it, and then Minos cast a spell. It caused Kate's pen and ink drawing to come to life, and he used the spell to make some simple changes to the design, moved some of the furniture around, and then he added color that seemed to make the whole design come to life. It would still be easy to make, but by the time he finished, the design was quite lovely indeed. Kate nodded, approving.

It would look very much like a stump, but it had hinges, so that, if necessary, the house could be opened. However, if not necessary, the stump would be closed, providing them a good deal of privacy. It had multiple levels with several rooms, but if it were powered by magic energy crystals, it might be relatively self sustaining, Kate was realizing. Minos apparently had some experience in such things. This looked to her like it would work.

"He is very wise about this," Kate said. "Our housing should be as efficient as he is making this. This will be completely self sustaining indefinitely by the looks of it."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:26 am

Aria looked at Angus and chuckled as did Ruby " for running, if we fall in a dress trying to ether get some one or get away from some one it could flare up and expose everything, so embarrassing, shorts stop that happening they will be the same colour as the dress so won't stand out and a calf holster? that's new to me I'll have to get one and try it out." Aria said as Ruby said back and watched the two fairies as Kate walked over to them.

" Hey Kate those look wonderful" Ruby said and looked at the sketches then watched as Minos altered it to show what he wanted for them both. "apparently he must have some experience in such things" she said smiling as he finished the alterations. " looks perfect" she said looking over at the now painting admiring the detail he'd added to it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:43 am

"Simone gave you each a calf holster for the last ball we went to, but you both wore thigh holsters instead," Marcus said.

"Minos," Angus said, "I mean no disrespect, but could I ask a question?" Minos looked at Angus and nodded. "You are part of a Fae kingdom, aren't you?" Minos gave him a gesture with tilting his hand that Angus understood to convey a 'more or less' message. "Did something happen to your kingdom?" Angus asked. Minos sighed and nodded. "And Ili--is she your wife?" Minos nodded. "Are you both royals in your kingdom?" Minos again signed more or less.

Minos picked up the scrap of pencil lead and he drew some very hasty stick figures of some people--male and female, and some sketches of some very large sketch animals, and some tiny houses. He put larger crowns on two of the people and smaller crowns on two others. Then he animated the sketches to show the large animals wiping out nearly all the little people, burning all the tiny houses--including killing the two with the larger crowns, leaving just a very few of the little people--including the two with the smaller crowns. No houses left. Everything gone but just a very, very few people.

"Oh, Minos," Angus said, softly. "I am so sorry. You've lost everything, haven't you? Everything but your wife and her eggs. Are the others who survived--are they close by?" Minos nodded. "If you don't mind, we can try to help. We'll find you a safe spot here, and you and your people will be welcome to start again, if you like. So, am I right that you and your wife were prince and princess? And with your king and queen gone, you will now be the king and queen when your kingdom is rebuilt, yes?" Minos nodded, but he clearly still grieved for all the lives that had been lost. "We are sorry so many of your people were killed, but we can help if you like."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:52 am

Aria listened to Marcus and looked puzzled until he spoke again " oh so that's what they were , I couldn't figure out how to put that on." she said looking sheepishly at him as she bit her lip.

Ruby listened to Angus and Minos talking seeing him draw she placed her hand on Angus's and gasped that's really bad, I agree they need a safe place" she said to Angus and smiled to Minos nodding her too agree with Angus they were sorry for their lose and would do what they could to help them." It was now she wondered it Jack had found the source of the poison but seeing the drawing Minos had done she knew it would be impossible.

Jack walked over to the duplex with a small vile in his hand , inside it was some nasty looking goop. Knocking he gently pushed open the door and saw nobody , closing it he walked around to the garden and smiled " hey guys , Angus I found this at the sink hole , its now been filled and cleaned up also we found more fairies, these were " he paused and looked at Minos " passed" he said " sorry we couldn't get there sooner, but there were others alive I have my men looking after them in the barn with the tea Robert suggested." He held up the vial with the dark green spiralling goo inside " this was at the bottom of the sink hole." he handed it to Angus
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:19 pm

"I'll go to the barn and get them," Marcus said. "Minos and Ili need to see that some of their people still live and are safe, and the people need to see their king and their queen are also alive and safe. Aria, Ruby, you both sew. Can you get some cotton or linen and make more miniature pillows and blankets, and some miniature towels and washcloths? Use cotton or some natural fabric if you can. Kate was specific about not using synthetics. We'll need to make some more improvised beds of some sort..."

"There is a shallow wicker tray in the pantry," Angus said. "Let's line it with moss and put down the blankets and the pillows, and make, just for now, a bit of a dormitory situation so the new fae have a safe place to lie down and sleep. I'll order more miniature plates and such so we can feed them, and I'll prepare them something to eat. and some warm baths." Angus accio'd a few clean cotton napkins from the pantry. Marcus took the tray from the pantry to go out and collect moss and then collect the surviving fae from the barn. Then Angus looked at Jack.

"Jack, this is Minos and his wife Ili. They're our guests. They are the heirs to the thrones in their fae kingdom," Angus said. "You met Ili last night, but she's a good deal better today. I thought perhaps you'd like to actually meet them both. I hate to ask, but do you mind doing a rather grim but important kindness for them, please? If I give you these linen napkins, could you go back and get as many of the bodies of the fae as you can? Take the napkins to cut into pieces and use them as shrouds to wrap them in for them? They deserve some closure, and then, when they feel better, we'll find them a safer place to rebuild their little kingdom. I'll try to work out with Minos how we can help put their loved ones to rest for them, and I'll see if Edward can analyze this toxin. Thank you, Jack. I know they appreciate it, and so do I."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:42 pm

Jack looked at the two fairies and nodded then gave a slight bow when he was told they were royalty " then I shall say its a pleasure to meet you." she said and smiled to them. Hearing Angus he took the cloth and nodded " I'll do just that" he said " I placed then under a tree not far from the sink hole" he said. Taking the cloth he looked to the fairies and smiled "they will be paid the utmost of respect." he said bowing slightly again he moved to stand up " Angus I'll get on that right now" he then moved down to the main yard.

Ruby sat and listened to Angus talk to jack and then he left to do as requested by Angus " he will be very respectful" she said as she saw several men run in the direction of Jack. Aria sat back on her seat and nodded.

"what do you think he found?" she asked meaning the go in the vial Jack had held when he first arrived.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:50 pm

"No clue," Angus said. "Toxins are not my specialty. I'll get them to Edward when he and Simone get back. They took the babies to the children's zoo in London. Apparently, there's a grandparents' group, and today, they decided to take the little grandkids to the childrens' zoo so the kids can enjoy it and the adults can get a good walk in and some talking and, hopefully, lunch. So we may not see them til afternoon or so."

"Minos," Angus asked. "this property is very large, so I'm sure we can find somewhere that you all might like. There are some large fields at the other end of the property where we grow our crops. We're almost entirely self sustaining here. And, you've seen our garden. The main house has a kitchen garden that has some fruit and vegetables and a lot of herbs. It's bigger than this one. So you know, the property is unplottable, so it should be safe, generally speaking. That doesn't mean we dont' have intruders from time to time. I wouldn't be doing you justice if I didn't tell you that there are a pair of bowtruckles living in the main house but they don't get outside much, and they don't get over here. We do have some birds of prey, but one of us does know how to speak to them. She'll have a word, I'm sure. I'll be happy to take you anywhere you'd like to go to see the grounds to choose a place for you and your people." Minos shook his head and pointed Angus towards the north.

"You have an idea already?" Angus asked. Minos nodded. Angus got up and Minos fluttered ahead of Angus. Angus simply followed. When they got to the garden, Minos stopped and indicated this was the place. "Here? In our garden? Is that where you'd like to be? Minos nodded. He started making some gestures with his hands, and Angus watched. "Oh! I see. You'd like to have your houses bordering the garden with maybe the palace at the center of our garden. Well, there is a bare spot there because I wanted something special for there, and I could never find the right thing. Maybe I was waiting all this time for you." Minos smiled and nodded. "If you want to make your home in our little garden, then I think that's perfect. And you'll be close to our house, away from the bowtruckles, so I think you'll be about as safe as you can get. What about a place for those fae who died in that hole? I'd like to do something special for them."

Minos fluttered off in a different direction now--eastward. Angus followed. Minos flew to the tea garden and gestured towards the flowerbeds. Angus got the message. Minos wanted his people to be surrounded by flowers.

"What do you normally use as markers?" Angus asked. Minos shook his head and gestured as just land. "No markers." Minos confirmed. Fae didn't use markers. The flowers that were already there would be enough. "If that's what you want, that's what we'll do," Angus said. Minos and Angus returned to the back deck.

"Minos wants the kingdom to be in our garden, and he wants his people buried in the flowerbeds back in the tea garden," Angus told Ruby. "Apparently, they don't use grave markers. He says the flowers are all they need."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top