A Birth day - Page 49
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 49 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 49 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 74 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 49 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:41 am

Jack listened to Hagrid and fetched the clean bottle and filled it with the ret of the tea he'd made making sure to get every drop. He nodded to Hagrid and smiled as Angus asked him to visit for dinner some time " you'd be most welcome" he added " I have an old terrarium in the barn I could clean it out for the fairy and eggs, or we could do the dol house bit" he added with a chuckle " I know Abby would love that" he placed the bottle into his pocket and looked at Hagrid " don't worry she'll get the best of care" he assured him.

Ruby finished with the chicken and veg making sure it was wrapped and placed into the fridge to await Angus and what he was going to do with it. She started to make a home made trifle with a small amount of whisky for flavour in it. with the sponge soaking she made the jelly to go over it then set it in the fridge to cool; and set. " seems the babies are sleeping , girls are doing their homework with Edward and the boys are in their room I believe?" she said looking around as Aria chuckled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5077

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:55 am

"How about I take her for tonight. I'll be awake anyway probably," Angus said. "Priscilla is back in my dreams at night. She was there all bloody night last night. So I'm the logical person to take care of her tonight. We can talk with Kate in the morning and make a better plan. I'm sure she'll be wanting to spend tonight with Abbey, and I don't want to interfere in that. Abbey should be with her gran and her papa tonight if her mama and her daddy are busy. Kate usually takes care of our magical creatures, so it seems only fair that we at least consult her on this, don't you think? Besides, Jack, I've seen how hard you've been working with the building crew who moved Marcus's house and is working to secure it to the new foundation. If you're going to be that physical all day, you need a good night's sleep. It sounds like our new pint sized friend might need care for awhile, so we'll figure it all out tomorrow. Right now, lets get her settled for the night, and we can get some supper. I'm sure we're all hungry, and I'm also sure Rosaria is probably spoiling all you main house folks with some amazing food. I just made chicken. Nothing fancy, but I am hungry now."

"We'll be in touch, Hagrid. Thank you," Marcus said. "Home, Mates?" Marcus apparated them all home.

"They are," Simone answered. "Don't forget Angus's ice cream sandwiches in the freezer. I'm sure they're pretty good too. If I were you, I'd give everyone a spoonful of trifle and half of an ice cream sandwich so they had some of each. But for now, I'm going to go see if the girls are surviving their potions lesson. Let me know if you need anything." She headed back for her place.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23547
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:06 am

Jack looked at Angus and nodded " yeah its coming along great, but you are right a nights sleep would be great, I'd say a few more weeks and it will be ready to occupy." he looked at Hagrid and nodded he too agreed with Angus. Taking his arm he held on while Marcus aperated them back to the duplex . Once there he took out the bottle and handed it to Angus " here this is the rest of the tea." he said " I'll give Robert the recipe in the morning I'm sure he's more focused on Abby right now." he told him and smiled as he saw the glow from the jar " she's certainly glowing now" he added" any way night guys" he said as he waved and headed back to the main house.

Jess had helped keep Abby sleeping as they had set her leg or rather Robert had then placed it into a cast that was pink. slowly she let Abby drift into a natural sleep " she's sleeping on her own now" Jess said and placed a blanket over Abby but leaving the leg exposed do the cast could set. Angus , Marcus and Jack are back" she told Robert as she wrote a chart for Abby with a smile then placed it on the end of the bed. " I'll leave you be and let Kate come in" she moved to the door and walked out .

Ruby chuckled and nodded " oh that would be perfect" she added as she made the custard to go over the top of the jelly sponge mix. Hearing Simone mention potions practice she chuckled again " oh and please if they have blown anything up let them know its replicable, they're not" she said with a smile as she finished the second part of the trifle , Taking out the ice cream sandwiches she placed them on individual plates before placing them back in the freezer till the trifle would be done.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:42 am

"I'm going to take her up to her room soon," Robert said. "She's completely knackered, and I know she'd rather be in her own bed. I can position her leg so that it dries upstairs every bit as well as it would down here. I'll stay with her tonight myself. Thanks for all your help, Jess. I appreciate it. Oh, and when you talk to St. Mungos would you be kind enough to cancel my surgeries for the morning? They're all electives tomorrow, and I'd rather not do surgery while I'm sleep deprived. I'll make it right with them, probably over the weekend. Thanks." He picked Abbey up, and he carried her upstairs, able to do it without disturbing her. Even know, she knew it was Papa who had her, and that made everything safe again.

Angus and Marcus went in, and Angus yawned. He was tired, but he wasn't planning on sleeping tonight. Abbey had risked her little three year old life to save this tiny fairy. The least Angus could do, if he couldn't care for Abbey right now, was to take care of the fairy who was still fighting for life.

"We have an ill houseguest for awhile," Angus told Ruby. He drew both jars out of the bag and showed her the jar with the tiny fairy inside, now laying limp and sleeping beneath the scraps of cotton that Kate had sent. "This was what Abbey was trying so hard to get to. She dreamed about her, and she went to find her and fell into that damned hole. So, this jar is the fairy, and that jar are her eggs. Kate sent us to Hagrid to try to save her, and Hagrid thinks she was poisoned somehow. He brewed her an herbal tea to act as an antidote. I'm not sure how we can help the eggs, but Hagrid said to keep them warm, like 22-27 degrees, and we'll feed her as much of Hagrid's herbal tea as she'll drink. She looks better than she did, but I'll try to stay up with her tonight and see if I can get her to drink any more of it. I'm going to let her sleep as much as I can, but she's still just barely alive, I think. There's nothing I can do for Abbey, except maybe this."

"She was born into a family of healers. Both her parents and her grandfather. She's in good hands," Marcus said. "But Priscilla or not, you can't stay awake forever. I'll split the night with you so we both can get a little sleep. You do half, and I'll take the other half. Maybe Aria or Ruby can take the girls to Evan's."

"I need to see if Michael will go with me to do a good climb down into that hole and take a look around and see if we can find what poisoned this fairy," Angus said.

"I'd wait and talk to Jack. He won't forget that detail. I know he doesn't particularly enjoy climbing, but Jessie does alright, and he can take Michael with him. If Jack can't spare Jessie and Michael to check it, you and I will later in the day. Fair enough?" Marcus asked. His stomach growled. "I've got to grab a bite to eat. You hungry too?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:36 pm

Jess paused at the door as she heard Robert talking to her. Tuning she nodded to him." Of course we'll reschedule for a different day." she added as she wrote a note and sent it to St Mungo's it was no more than five minuets when the child's wheel chair arrived by the back door and a reply to her request came short after. " okay all your surgeries have been rescheduled." she said showing him the new schedule for the surgeries. " I'll move the chair into Abby's room for when she wakes tomorrow , I also requested a block to go under her leg, its quite soft but also supportive while she sleeps" she added as she saw Jack walk in and yawn.

Ruby heard Angus walk in and moved around the counter to see him holding a jar, she looked inside and smiled. She also heard Marcus say he would talk half the night shift with the fairy and she nodded " you do need to sleep some time" she said to Angus, "we'll all do a bit, I'm sure Aria will take the girls back to Evens " she said As Aria walked back from checking on the girls .

"yeah, be nice to see Even and Tara again" she said and smiled as she moved to look at the fairy.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:49 pm

"Thank you. And good thinking about the block. I was going to use pillows but the block will be better," Robert said. Kate went around Robert and went upstairs to finish tucking Abbey into bed and to put a couple extra pillows at the ready and to hunt down BooBoo Kitty.

Brian came in, finally getting the word that Abbey had been found. From the moment she hadn't been found in the house, he had gone out himself hunting in every single place he could think of. David and Khaat were still out searching on the grounds.

"You found her?" Brian asked, nearly out of his mind with worry.

"We did. She's alright," Robert said. "Angus and Jack and Marcus found her. She's got a broken leg but she's alright otherwise..."

"A broken leg..."

"Calm, Lad," Robert soothed. "Calm. I've set it, she's had a pain potion, and she's sleeping. Kate's just tucking her in to her own little bed right now. I'll stay with her myself tonight to keep an eye on her and make sure her pain doesn't get out of control."

"I'd like to stay with her for awhile," Brian told him, "and I need to find Khaat." Robert used his medallion and sent a signal to Khaat.

"That should bring her back. Do me a favor and meet her and then you two can certainly see her. I'll go give Kate a hand," Robert said. "Abbey fell into that damned sinkhole...."

"There isn't going to be sinkhole there anymore," Brian said. "I'm going to hire a construction crew to fill it in, and they'd better be here by daylight."

"Calm. Check with Jack before you do that because he's already doing something wtih it, I'm certain. He won't have participated in a rescue of a child without trying to fix a hazard like that afterwards. You and jack have to get on the same page with this. And, I'm telling you right now that you and Angus better get on the same page. He was the one who pulled her up out of that hole..."

"He's always been right there for her," Brian sighed with relief. "I'm glad he and the others were there."

"And he's going to want to somehow try to make sure she's safe this time too. I do not want Khaat and Angus having a power struggle. She knows she needs to stop some of her workaholic things..."

"Says the man working two full time jobs," Brian scowled.

"Yes, well, Abbey needs her mother more than she needs to work, but Abbey is used to Angus and Kate being her primary caretakers. You'd better damned well involve him in this at least a little for Abbey's sake, and Khaat needs to not give him grief about it."

"I'll talk to her. She'll be fine," Brian said. "I need to thank him."

"I'll pass the word on. As I understand it, he got into a brawl in some broken glass with someone today. I need to make sure he's alright, but I'll check on him in the morning. I'll pass on your thanks. to him."

"And Khaat's, please."

"Certainly," Robert nodded.

Angus saw the tiny fairy stir just slightly in the jar. Angus opened the jar and very carefully lifted her out of the jar on the open palm of his hand. Marcus put another couple drops of tea into one of the tiny cups with an eyedropper and he handed it to Angus. Angus spoke very softly to the fairy who did attempt to open her eyes for him, and she drank the tea with one little tiny microscopic sip at a time. While he did that, Marcus went over and started looking for something to feed her. He found a leftover shortbread cookie because Simone had ended up with one extra. He managed to break off a piece and cut it with a sharp knife into some tiny bits that were only about 2 millimeters square. He put them onto one of the little saucers with the tea set that Kate had put in the pouch and he took it to Angus.

"Do you understand me at all?" Angus asked her. She looked up at him and nodded slightly. "Our friend told us you understand English but can't speak." She nodded. "Are you hungry? You might like these. They're sweet." He set the little saucer next to her on his hand and she smelled them, smelling the butter and the sugar. He could see by the slight smile on her face that the aroma was tempting. She was trying to look around to see where she was now, and she seemed to be looking for something.

"You're safe here," Angus said. "You're amongst friends. There's nothing here to harm you. We've got a dog, but he certainly isn't interested in eating you. One of our kind can speak to canines. I'll have him have a word with the dog in the morning. We have your eggs here too." Marcus opened the other jar, lifted out the tiny eggs on the little piece of moss that was in that jar too. She took her tea cup and poured her tea over the teeny weeny eggs. The eggs had gotten some tea seemed to become clearer skinned and began to shimmer just a tiny bit. Marcus got the hint. He took the eyedropper, filled it with tea and dropped tea very gently, one drop at a time on each little egg. She nodded. Angus fed her one of the tiny pieces of the cookie and some more tea, and she curled back up on the moss and drifted off to sleep.

"Let's make her something temporary for tonight," Marcus told Ruby in a whisper. "What about maybe a basket with some moss in it, that we can put her and her eggs into. And maybe we can take these little pieces of cotton and put some batting between them and make her a little quilt to keep her warm. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:05 pm

Jess listened to Robert and nodded " wee use it at the hospital and thought it would make her night a bit better, she's been threw a lot" she said as she placed a cool jug of water and glass next to the bed " for if she wats to have a drink in the night, or yourself since you said you were going to stay with her tonight." she said as she saw Brian return and Robert walk over to talk to him. She stayed with Abby beside her bed.

Hearing them mention Jack she spoke again " oh he's fenced it off for now but has a crew ready to fill it in but there was a fairy that was poisoned along with her eggs, they are looking after her but I'm guessing they are going to look into how she was poisoned before they fill in the sink hole" she informed them as Jack came out of their room .

"she's right , so don't worry once we've looked into the poisoning it will be gone for good, I have a guy on stand by with several tones of soil and stones to fill it in." Jack said yawning a little as he spoke " the fairy is okay for the moment Hagrid told us how to make a tea for her , here this is the recipe he asked me to give it to you Robert" Jack said and handed him the card with Hagrid's writing on it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:32 pm

"So Hagrid was able to help. Excellent," Kate said. "I hoped he could. Let me see that." She took the card and looked at the recipe. "Oh, that's not a problem. I'll brew some fresh tomorrow night so she's got some fresh. And you did get the eggs. That's wonderful. Now, listen, you lot. We don't dare bring her or the eggs over here. Not since we have a mating pair of bowtruckles. And, one of the outdoor lads told me today about a strange bird they say they're seeing on the grounds. It's either a baby eagle or maybe an augery. And augeries diets are almost entirely magical creatures like flutterbies and fairies. One of the safest places she could be right now is at Angus's. If we leave her and the eggs there, do have a word with Finn, won't you, Jack? Finn cannot eat her or the eggs either one, no matter how much they might remind him of toys."

"What is she going to need to live in? Surely she won't be happy with a bug jar, Kate," Robert said.

"Oh, certainly not," Kate said. "They're highly intelligent creatures. A bug jar would be massively insulting when she starts to feel better. She's not a prisoner. She's a guest."

"Sounds like she needs a tree, like Fudge's."

"Well, no, but I think I could maybe design one better for her. I'll try to sketch something while I'm sitting with you with Abbey tonight," Kate said. "Thank you, Jack for getting rid of that poison. If you find out what it was exactly, do let me know, would you? And if you see any more big, gray fuzzy looking birds. I'd like to know exactly what we have, just out of curiosity."

When Ruby didn't respond to Marcus's suggestion of a basket, Marcus went to the pantry to find a small basket on his own that he could simply transfer the moss and the eggs and the fairy into. He found some of the cotton batting from the demolished stuffed squirrel, and he cast a spell to have the six little pieces of cotton and the batting make themselves into two small, warm quilts and a tiny pillow. Then, with a bit of after thought, he changed the color of them. to the same shade of pink as the fairy's tiny dress. he put one quilt down, the pillow and then the second quilt as a soft, clean bed for her in the basket and put the eggs in the basket beside the bed.

"Try this for tonight," Marcus said putting the basket on Angus's lap.

"Thanks," Angus said, laying the fairy in the improvised bed in the basket not far from her eggs, she barely woke at all, and slipped right back to sleep. "I think I'm going to let her sleep for awhile now and not disturb her for a little. She seems to like your bed and she seems very comfortable."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:45 pm

Jack looked at Robert and nodded " I'm investigating in the daylight and Finn knows " he said smiling " he's a very intelligent dog" Jack said and looked to Robert " good thought , Hagrid suggested doing that once she was feeling better so I'm guessing Angus is on that" he said.

Ruby looked at Marcus and blinked " what , oh sorry" she said trying not to yawn. She saw him fetch the basket and take some of the stuffing " she's just so pretty and I haven't seen one up close before." she said moving a little closer as Aria looked up at Marcus.

"need anything else?" she asked him just as a light few in threw and open door and landed next to the jar ,Aria looked at the male fairy fluttering his wings and seemingly talking to the one in the jar. He turned to face her and Angus waving his hands all around before sitting next to the jar. " hum, partner?" she asked glancing at Marcus watching the male fly to the jar with the eggs in. Inspecting them he flew back dropping into the jar and settling next to the female.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:04 pm

Marcus saw the second fairy arrive and flutter in and settle in the basket beside the tiny female.

"Welcome. Do you know her?" Angus asked softly. The little male, dressed in white and green, nodded. "It's cold out tonight. How about some warm tea?"

Angus poured a second mug of tea, warmed it slightly and offered it, along with a piece of cookie from the tiny plate. The male took the tea, smelled it and smelled what had been in the cup of the female. Satisfied, he tasted it, seemed satisfied with it and drank, taking a piece of cookie too. The little fairy pointed at Angus.

"Me? My name is Angus," Angus told him. "You're amongst friends. You're safe here tonight. You look tired." The fairy nodded at Angus. "I bet you were looking for her. I'm sorry. I didn't know. If you know of any better means to help her or the eggs, we're certainly open to trying it." The fair shook his head and pointed to the tea and the blanket.

"I think he thinks you're doing all that can be done," Marcus said, cutting more cotton and taking more batting and making another tiny pillow and blanket, this blanket and pillow in green. Angus put the pillow down not far from the female and the fairy took the blanket and wrapped it around himself.

"I'll go find us something to eat," Marcus told Angus quietly. "I think he's going settle in with her, so I think you're probably safe to take a moment to eat. Besides, I'm starving."

"Will you both be alright for a few minutes?" Angus asked him. The fairy nodded, picking up another piece of cookie.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 74 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top