A Birth day - Page 42
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 42 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 42 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:29 pm

Jack had heard all that Robert has said to Marcus and agreed with him as he knew to leave it to Marcus to deal with seeing he knew her really well but he could not help chuckle when Robert said Evelyn was off her rocker. He watched as Marcus walked to the duplex and he faced Robert " I'll get right on to the grounds men, not that our security isn't tight as it is she could still sneak in some how." he said and excused himself as he headed to the guard tower closest to the main house to set specific things in place in case she turns up at the duplex.

Aria and Ruby watched as Marcus walked in and said he would explain once he had done something first. Both nodded and waited for him to finish. Once done they both listened to Marcus explained. Ruby sighed as she listened . " Jeffery really needs to step up his containment spells and security" she said " she's tried to escape from his place before. there must be some one on the inside" she suggested. Aria looked at Marcus knowing Evelyn was if anything coming for him.

" she has a fight on her hands" she said simply " if she comes here" she added as she knew she had her wand strapped to her thigh.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:24 pm

"I really, really don't want to use violence if we don't have to," Marcus said. "I mean, after all, she is still the mother of my children--all but one. I can't entirely let go emotionally of all the years that I tried to take care of her. She's not exactly my enemy. And just so you know, Aria, she's not your enemy either, or your competition. Her illness is definitely my enemy, but in the time we were actually together, we did have some good times. It wasn't all bad. I just want her returned to Jeffrey's. I don't want her harmed, and I don't want her harming anyone else.

"I talked to Jack straight away," he explained," to make sure the security was going to be on top of it, and I talked with Robert because if we can try to simply capture her and take her back to Switzerland, that would be my preference. If she honestly does still believe we're married, then perhaps she won't see me entirely as an enemy, and she'll listen to me. If that's the case, I might stand a better chance than anyone else of getting her back to a safe place.

"Obviously," he said, "I don't know if there's someone on the inside or not, but you have to remember that she's been in and out of such places most of her adult life, and one can't be in one of those facilities very long without knowing every trick in the book, including how to get out of she really wanted to get out. If she really wants out, she's going to find out how to do it without needing a confederate to do it. It isn't the first time she's walked out of a facility, and I doubt it will be her last. I can't promise I will ever be able to be entirely free of periodically having to deal with her. It's one of the reasons I didn't divorce and one of the reasons I purposely didn't have any other long term relationships. Even Ana--Poppy's mom--wasn't that long lasting."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:35 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and nodded her head " I understand but if she hurts you.." she paused and took a deep breath " that would be the better out come, for her" she said to Marcus " and I get voice over violence but some people just don't understand, but for you I'll give her some rope to hang herself with" she said sitting down.

Ruby looked at Marcus as he said he'd spoken to Jack about security and she nodded " that's good , he'll jump on that right away" she said " we get that, but its time she understood your not property to hang on to, but a human she has to let go of as well as the kids who want nothing to do with her, which was their decision" she said walking over with a glass of fire whisky for him " drink this , it will settle your nerves."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:54 pm

"I understand your concern," Marcus said to Aria, "and I appreciate it. I do. For me, there's a risk of getting hurt that comes with everything I do. I accept that, but I've also gotten pretty good at not having a lot of serious injury too. I mean, it is what I do for a living, after all, and, if she is dangerous this time, I may very well be one of the very few people that are capable of getting her under some sort of control.

"I don't disagree with you, Ruby, that it would be nice if she just got with the program and left me alone and didn't bother the kids either. I could expect that if she weren't ill, but that's just the problem. She's ill, and she honestly might not be capable of even remembering that we aren't married and that the kids are mine now and mine alone, let alone being capable of accepting it. It just might not be possible for her right now."

Angus woke and he heard just enough of the discussion to know they were talking about Evelyn. He got up and went to the kitchen and got himself a caffeine free soda.

"Evelyn again?" Angus asked.

"Yeah. Sorry if we woke you," Marcus said. "She's escaped Jeffrey's..."

"Of course she did," Angus said dryly.

"Ruby and Aria are a bit concerned, as is everyone else, I'm sure," Marcus said.

"If we need to go get her and take her back, then that's what we'll do," Angus said. "You've partnered with me enough times. I have no issue in partnering with you."

"I appreciate that," Marcus said. "I don't think I'll have any issue in finding people willing to help."

"No. You won't. Your problem might well be having too many," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:01 pm

Aria looked at Marcus and nodded again " that's why I'm giving her the rope, because I trust you, not her" she said then saw Angus wake as did Ruby and saw him head to the kitchen returning with a caffeine free soda. Aria chuckled and nodded " too right he will" she said smiling to him " both Ruby and I understand to leave her to you , but the first time she does anything you can't handle we will be right at your side, until then we'll stay on the side lines as its your show" she said.

Ruby nodded to Marcus " your like the uncle in this family, every one wants to make sure you and your kids are happy." she said folding the blanket that had been around Angus and folding it and placing it over the back of the chair.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:22 pm

"Do you think she's back here in England yet?" Angus asked.

"No. I don't," Marcus said. "Most of the time, these facilities block her magic abilities to keep her and themselves safe. She generally takes that as a given and has to find a way to get some sort of standard muggle transportation to get home. That will take her awhile."

"If she drives it'll be almost 16 hours," Angus said. "And that doesn't count getting through customs, stopping and refueling or any other obstacles. Not sure where she'll get the money either."

"Pickpocketing. That'll be the fastest. Or she'll find a way to lure some poor sot to take her to London with him, and then she'll lose him at some truck stop," Marcus said. "It's what she usually does."

"Then, we should all get some sleep because we might find ourselves busy tomorrow," Angus said

"We might be, yes," Marcus said. "Heading to bed would be wise."

"I'll help you lock up," Angus said.

"I'm sure Aria's already done that check," Marcus said. "I'll just make one quick pass, mainly to make sure that nothing has changed between her check and mine, and then I'll head upstairs myself."

"Sounds like it's under control for tonight, then," Angus said. "The babies made sure I got my shower at supper time, so I think I'll just head up to bed."

"Goodnight," Marcus said.

"Night," Angus said, heading upstairs.

"I'm going to make a very fast walk through and then head to bed too," Marcus said, heading to make sure the doors were locked and, mainly to reassure himself that Evelyn wasn't just going to come walking in tonight, he made a very quick walkthrough before heading up to bed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:33 pm

Ruby nodded when Angus said it was delt with for now and they should head to bed to sleep as he felt things would liven up the next day when he thought Evelyn would arrive if she was headed to them. Aria heard Marcus and Angus as Marcus said he'd check the doors and windows and she smiled knowing it was Marcus thing " I did the upstairs , I know how you like to check the down stairs." she said smiling " but I agree we should get some sleep." she added watching as angus headed up to his room with Ruby following behind him.

" you really think she would be silly enough come here?" Ruby asked Angus as they entered their room.

Aria watched as Marcus walked around the lower level checking the windows " I added charms to the doors that nobody can open them whose not part of the family , hope that was okay?" she asked Marcus while she waited by the stairs for him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:54 pm

"Will she come to England? Certainly," Angus said, changing and getting into bed. "I think if she wants her children, she will certainly come to England. Will she try to come here? I honestly don't know. It depends on what she remembers, and we don't know that right now. If she does not remember that she and Marcus are divorced, she may not remember that he works for Robert. If that's the case, then she may not know how to begin to find him, except, probably, for his London apartment that he is never at anymore. Or by trying to get to him through Jonathan in Hogsmeade. And if she goes there, it might draw Marcus there, depending on how disturbed she is. Hopefully, Aria will keep her emotions in check if Evelyn does show up, but I know that will be hard for her. If she shows up somewhere, I'll go with him and try to help get her secured without anyone getting hurt. If her memory is swiss cheesed from her illness, she might not remember me at all, and if that's the case, I might be able to help him to lure her into a safe situation. I would have to try. He's my friend, and I couldn't not be there for him if I can manage it at all. But I know you already know that."

"That's fine," Marcus said. "I'll do a thorough check of those protections tomorrow. I think I've done all I can for tonight, and we're as safe as we can be for the moment. I'll get back on it tomorrow." He finished his check and then went upstairs. He got ready for bed and, as he had done for years and years, he set out a clean change of clothes. It had come as something he had learned to do in case he was uprooted by an emergency during the night so he could dress quickly even if he was still partly asleep. Then he headed for bed, yawning, and he turned out the light on his nightstand. "Night, Aria."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:28 am

Ruby listened to Angus as she changed ready for bed, She nodded as he said about Evelyn's mind not being al there " agreed but I don't think Aria would go against Marcus, I feel right now she's letting him handle it, then if he can't that's when she'll step in" she said pulling back the covers to climb in next to him. " I do hope she stays away from here" she added.

Aria chuckled and nodded " sure , no harm in bolstering the charms" she said as she followed him up the stairs to their room as he changed so did she then she climbed into bed next to him " night Marcus" she said softly and lent over and kissed his cheek . Laying down she fell asleep.

Next morning Ruby was up early and had a fresh pot of coffee and tea on the go while she readied making breakfast.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

Angus had had nightmares again. Somehow Priscilla had found her way back into his sleep. He had awakened sharply three times during the night, but he had found himself rather frozen for a moment or two when he had awakened. He had taken a couple of deep breaths, had resolved she was not going to control him, and had gone back to sleep. When morning had finally come, he had gotten up, angry that she was back in his life. He had decided to shower, as an attempt to distract himself from thinking about Priscilla, and he went downstairs with Finn on his heels.

"'Morning," he said to Ruby. "Come on, Finn. Your turn." He let Finn outside and brought in the papers and filled Finn's bowls. He poured himself a mug of coffee and sat down with the papers, opening the Daily Prophet. There was a small article towards the bottom of the first page that talked about a strange symbol found mysteriously in the muggle phone booth that was one of the hidden entryways into the Ministry of Magic. It was being chalked up to youngsters too young for their Hogwarts letters who didn't know their magical runes yet. Angus could not pass by the article easily because there was a small photo of the symbol, and Angus knew immediately what it was. It was the same symbol that Priscilla had used as a signature for her impersonation of Marie Laveau. At that moment, he heard Finn scratching on the door, wanting back in, so he was happy to have a reason to put the paper down, and he went to the door and let the dog back in.

"She never stops," Angus sighed. "She's still here, and I wish to hell she'd go back to New Orleans."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top