A Birth day - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 22 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 61 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 22 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:17 am

"I know you're both right," Angus said. "I have to say I am surprised the guys stepped up to finish for the girls. Not sure what motivated that."

Edward came over, dressed to go out.

"You lot doing alright this morning?" Edward asked.

"Doing fine, but the kids are all in the proverbial doghouse," Angus said.

"For?"

"Being out after midnight last night."

"Oh boy," Edward frowned. "They're going to be grounded til they're 65, aren't they?"

"Pretty much," Angus said. "It's only a month right now but if they push me, I could be talked into extending it. They are absolutely not happy with me.I am not liking parenting this morning."\

"Remember the job. It is not to be their friend. They have friends. Those kids all need a good mom and a good dad, and you and Ruby are providing that. And you are the only ones who can do that. You provide limits and boundaries not only because it teaches them to be decent adults, but it also teaches them how to be good parents. They'll know how its done because they learned it from you two. I wish I could stay, but Simone promised Rosaria and Carlo we'd take them to see the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and Picadilly Circus. I have a feeling they are going to be hugely disappointed when they see there is not a big top tent and a real circus in Picadilly. But there you have it. I'm being dragged into sightseeing today. Oh, and congratulations to you all on the Rita Skeeter matter last night. Clearly, well played, all of you. So, feel free to pity me while I'm traipsing all over London today. See you lot later. Good job with the kids--really." Edward smiled and headed back to go sightseeing.

"He isn't as against it as he seems," Angus said. "He enjoys the walking. He doesn't particularly like the touristy stuff, but he does enjoy walking. He's fine."

Marcus ported back and came back inside, carrying a box. He set the box down, taking off his coat and hanging it up.

"The girls are not going to get off lightly. When I left Evan was giving them the riot act too about last night," Marcus laughed. "They will get no pity in Tuscany today. Oh, and there's a box here from your landscapers."

"Good. You might be interested in that box, Ru. It's chock full of little packets of seeds for all kinds of flowers and fruits and vegetables. We can plant them where we like, or if Aria and Marcus want some, feel free to share them. Maybe you and Aria would like to open the box and go through it. It's time to start some seedlings if you're going to do it. Kate's studio makes a great place to start seedlings since its all glass, like a greenhouse, and she will certainly let you do it if you just ask her."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:41 am

Ruby looked at Angus as Edward spoke to him " I agree with Edward " she said and smiled to him as he said he was sightseeing with Carlos and Rosaria " really a circus tent?" she said and laughed "oh they will be its nothing but a roundabout." she said and chuckled again " oh it does have a nice statue in the middle and the smallest police box, if you can find it" she said and chuckled again at the thought of a circus tent.

Hearing Marcus walk in with a box she walked over to it and opened it smiling as Angus told her they were seeds for the garden and that Aria could chose some too.

"Oh that would be wonderful, I'd have to talk to Marcus about what kind of garden he'd like as I'm partial to a country style wild life garden, you know for the butterflies and bees and other wild animals." she said as Ruby looked threw the seed packets.

"oh this would look good " baby's breath and lavender." she said showing him the packet " now that is a thought " Ruby said and smiled " will you be okay if we go and ask her now?" she asked walking over to Angus as Aria looked threw the box.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:59 am

"Certainly," Angus said, "but I can tell you now, she'll welcome it. She's a farmer's wife, remember? And she has that big kitchen garden here and another that I think might actually be a little bigger at the farm. She loves things that are green and growing. She'll probably help you start your seedlings so that you have more bedding plants than you know what to do with to set in when its warm enough. Aria, if you like bees and butterflies, you should plan a butterfly garden. Maybe have Robert help you set up a beehive. We have some on the back of the property here. A couple of the grounds guys handle taking care of the hives. It gives us all the honey we can use here every year and then some but you might enjoy having a hive of your own. Go see Kate. She'll help you plan it."

"While they go do that, how about we see if you're strong enough for a real shower today?" Marcus asked.

"I could do just about anything for a real shower," Angus said. When the girls left, Marcus apparated Angus upstairs and helped him with a real shower and a shampoo and a good shave. Angus felt worlds better. "I honestly think you're strong enough now to take that bed back downstairs and bring your chair back."

"God, I would love that," Angus said, as Marcus helped him into some sweats.

"I'll see if Jack and Jessie could make that happen sometime today," Marcus said. "You want to sit on the sofa for now, maybe with a book?"

"I have my sketch to finish," Angus said. "Then I'll read."

"Okay," Marcus said. He helped Angus downstairs to the sofa and found his sketchpad and then presented him with a new tin of professional artists' colored pencils. "Thought you could use these."

"Really? These are top of the line. Thank you!"

"I'm glad to do it. Now, can you finish your sketch?"

"I can. Thanks," Angus said.

"I'll go see if I can find Jack. If you get into the slightest trouble, you signal, alright?"

"I will," Angus said. Marcus stepped outside, hoping Jack was out here somewhere, especially all the confusion of the house being moved onto the property.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:15 am

Aria and Ruby nodded to Angus. When Angus mentioned a bee hive Aria smiled " that would be great especially if its near the lavender, oh lavender honey it wonderful" she said and smiled to Marcus " that will give us time to get the cottage in order." she said to Angus as Ruby closed the box and picked it up together they headed over to Kates studio hoping to find her there . Pausing at the door Ruby looked back.

" I'll send Jack over if I see him" she said and followed after Aria . Passing the kitchen she saw Jack and headed inside "Jack Marcus would like to talk if thats okay" she saw Jack nod and pick up a pancake from his plate eating it as he walked over to the duplex making her chuckle.

Jack knocked on the duplex door and entered finishing his pancake as he did " hey Marcus Ruby said you wanted me?" he asked as he walked over to Angus " hey Angus, good score last night with Rita , laughed my self silly at breakfast" he said chuckling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 am

"Yeah, come on in," Marcus said.

"Oh, thanks," Angus smiled. "That's my one good deed for the year."

"Angus is feeling better. I haven't talked to Robert but Angus would desperately love to get this bed out of the living room and bring his chair back whenever you and Jessie might have a few minutes to do it. I'll help him up to bed at night and back down in the morning. I think he wants some of himself back, and I can't blame him a bit."

"The kids need me to be back to normal," Angus told Jack. "I can't be effective in a bed all the time. I have to be up."

"Meh, the kids aren't happy with Angus," Marcus explained briefly. "They were out way past curfew, til just about midnight. Angus has, rightfully, consequenced all four, and they aren't happy this morning. They'll get over it. I think they got off light. I won't even begin to talk about what my dad would have done to me if I'd tried it."

"I still have to be able to be up on my feet if they're going to misbehave," Angus said.

"This is about the fact that the girls dashed downstairs when they got home because they knew Angus was too knackered to be able to go down to talk to them. So he feels pressured to be on his feet now. At any rate, getting his chair back will help, I think."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:32 am

Jack walked in and over to Angus and Marcus he listened then pulled a face " wow you mean he isn't happy with the kids" Jack said and chuckled " okay I'll catch Jessie and we'll bring up the chair." he said and walked to the door just as Jessie passed by " Yo Jessie you got ten minuets?" he asked and Jessie nodded " going to bring the chair up for Angus.

"nice that mean he's on the mend?" Jessie asked and Jack nodded

"I guess so" he said and chuckled walking back in with Jessie " won't be long , want the bed packed up or just tucked away in the basement?" he asked as Jessie headed down to pull out the chair so they could bring it up to the living room.

Ruby and Aria knocked on the art studio door then gently pushed it pen " Kate you in here?" Ruby asked as Aria held the box of seeds in her hands as they walked in and marvelled at all the different things Kate had made from stain glass pieces to mugs decorated and plates , along with paintings she even saw Chris painting and smiled loving how it was looking. " you might want to as Kate about a stain glass piece for the cottage" she said to Aria who was already looking at the pieces she could see.

"oh defiantly I think one window above the door is perfect for a stained glass piece." Aria said smiling as she saw one with a dragon fly on it " that's it that's perfect for that round window." she said and smiled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:23 am

"Either way," Marcus said. "Once its downstairs, it doesn't hurt anything either way. Do whatever is easiest for you. Thanks. We appreciate the help."

"We are," Kate called. "Come in. We're over here at the pottery wheel." Kate was sitting at the wheel, working on forming a tall vase. Abbey and Molly were sitting on the floor with globs of clay that they were playing with and trying to form some clay animals with. They had one some protective clothing and some plastic hair caps but they still had some clay smudges on their clothes and on their faces. They laughing and having a great time while Kate worked. Kate looked down at them and laughed, seeing that they were so happy.

"What are you making, Girls?" Kate asked.

"A hellafink!" Abbey said.

"An elephant! Good for you!"

"But his horn falled off, Gam," Abbey sighed. Abbey watched as Molly took the missing trunk for the elephant and slapped it on the animal she was making instead.

"I'll help you fix his trunk. Don't worry."

"What are you making, Molly?" Kate asked.

"A unicorn," Molly nodded.

"No! Its a hellafink horn!" Abbey protested Molly taking her elephant trunk. "It no goes on your horsey!"

"Abbey, we can make another trunk for your elephant," Kate smiled. "It's fine, Dear." Kate looked up and saw Ruby and Aria. "Well, what brings you two here this morning?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:48 pm

Jack listened to Marcus he smiled and waved his hand " no worries its what mates do for each other" he said as he had Jessie headed down to the basement to retrieve the chair. Once they found it and pulled it out , Jack took one side while Jessie grabed the otehr and together they carried it up the stairs and placed it in the living room. Jessie shrunk the bed and moved it down to the basement while Jack levitated the chair into position " there , ready for you" he said and chuckled to Angus.

Aria and Ruby walked over to watch Molly and Abby making elephants with clay " awe they look good " Aria said and Ruby nodded " um Kate we brought some seeds the landscapers brought for our flower garden and Aria would like to know if you could make a stain glass window for the cottage. " she asked

Aria looked at Kate and smiled " well I already saw one you made that's perfect but its an arch and the windows round above the door in the cottage ." Aria said placing the seed box on the table in front of Kate " Angus suggested maybe we could plant these so they will be ready by spring and maybe Molly and Abby could help to, I saw sunflower seeds in the box "
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:38 pm

"Thanks," Angus said, feeling relief. "That's a million times better. Makes this house feel normal again. Well, as normal as we ever get. I think my sketch is almost finished. Just a bit more shading to do."

"He's been working on a sketch of Priscilla's necklace," Marcus told Jack and Jessie. "She's appeared enough to him in his dreams that he remembers what it looks like. And, since the kids ran into her in Knockturn and swiped part of it, that has made him want to do a detailed sketch. We're hoping we can learn something about her if we can learn something about the necklace. Can we see it, Angus?"

Angus handed the sketchbook to Marcus, and he studied the necklace.

"That thing is just plain creepy," Marcus said. "I don't like the vibes it gives off even in a sketch. The sooner we get answers about that thing the better. I'm betting it has all sorts of dark energies linked to it. What'd you do with the piece of it that the kids brought you?"

Angus reached in his pocket and pulled it out. He had tied the cord together so that the beads and charms could not fall off what cording was left.

"You've been carting that thing around in your pocket? Good god, whatever for?"

"So the kids and Ruby didn't accidently get ahold of it. I don't want them even touching it if I can help it."

"Okay, but we surely can find a better place for it than in your pocket. Frankly, that's a lousy place for it. Give me that damned thing," Marcus said. "You guys want to see his sketch?" Marcus passed the creepy sketch to Jack and Jessie to look at. Angus handed the beads to Marcus, and Marcus wrapped them up again in the handkerchief, not even wanting to handle the necklace directly. He took it upstairs to hide it in the master bedroom temporarily. He came back a couple minutes later. "I sent Michael a note through the floo asking him to get a small safe for this house. I told him I didn't think you much cared if it was a floor safe or a wall safe so long as it kept things secure. We'll put the creepy necklace in the safe when we get it. That should keep it out of reach, I should think. He said he'd try to get one quickly for you, but he also said that Iya is done with some of the research she's been doing. She may be able to come see the necklace and the sketch later today. That might help us to be able to give us more information after she sees it."

"Half round or full round?" Kate asked. "And is it above the door or in the top half of the door? Maybe I should come see it when we can actually get over to the house. That way I can get some proper dimensions." She went over to the seed box and looked through the seed packets. "Well, starting seeds here is easy," she said. The best place to do it is up there, on the second floor." She pointed to a loft area that covered half the building. It is south facing, so it gets nice sun up there, and, unlike a muggle building, it tends to stay warm because of the magical heating system. There's a storage closet under the stairs, and there are all sorts of growth trays and little biodegradable peat pots to start seeds in. Robert and I have our annuals already started up there, but there is plenty of room for more. We'll just tag them so we know whose seeds are whose.

"I told Abbey and Molly we were going to let them have a tiny garden of their own this year where they can plant whatever they want, so we're looking at fruit and vegetables and flowers for their little patch, but I'm sure they'd help you too if you wanted them to. Molly is a good little helper in the garden, and Abbey is learning. Fudge is a good teacher, so long as they don't lose him outside. And they go out with Robert on Saturdays."

"Abbey, where do you and Molly and Papa go on Saturdays?"

"We make flowers!" Abbey brightened. "And pancakes!"

"That's right," Kate smiled. "Robert takes them either to the farm or over here to do a little planting, and when it gets warm enough, he'll take them outside. But, they go early, and when they're finished, he takes them to Sparks for pancakes. Abbey's got Lizzie fixing her favorite pink pancakes that Angus used to make for her. That's their special time with Papa on Saturday mornings. She misses Angus making her the pink pancakes, but Lizzie will do it now when Abbey asks."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:49 pm

Jack and Jessie chuckled knowing exactly how he felt . Walking over when Marcus asked them to loom at the sketch both Jessie and Jack said they had not seen anything like the necklace before. " I'd remember if I saw something that weird " Jessie said and Jack nodded

" I agree with Marcus about that thing , should be locked up safe what if the babies got hold of it" he said knowing babies put everything and anything in there mouths. Hearing that Marcus has asked Michael for a safe Jack nodded " good idea." he said " let me know when it arrives and where you want it and I'll put it there" he said smiling .

Aria smiled " its a full round window" she said smiling at the thought of being in it and the sun streaming threw the windows as she cooked for Marcus. Ruby heard Kate talk about the seeds and nodded glancing up at the second floor.

" oh, nice, plenty of light for them to grow too" she said " can we leave the box with you, I'm more likely to kill them than make them grow " she said chuckling Aria looked at Ruby then to Kate .

"I can take care of potting them up, maybe the girls could make gnomes to put in the garden when we're ready to plant them after they help pot them up?" she said smiling to Moly and Abby.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 61 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top