A Birth day - Page 32
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 32 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 32 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 66 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 32 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:42 pm

[fyi--when robert tells jack to go upstairs, remember robert's large potions lab at his farm is in the sub basement. The weapons locker, etc is up one floor in the basement. thought the reminder might help clarify.]

"Thank you. I'll get to that list as soon as I can," Robert said. He got out two small notepads and pens, one to Jack and one to Jess. "Take notes," he told them. "I have a lot of instructions for you two. Now, Jack, you should ask Jessie and Yu and Cris to help you with this next list of tasks. When you get the cabin cleared, go upstairs here to the equipment room next to my weapons locker. After we had the illness with the pack this summer, I used an enlarging spell and I doubled the size of the equipment room. At the back of the room, you'll find a lot of new shelving, and at the left end of the room, you'll see a lot of large silver colored drawstring bags. There are 50 of them. Each drawstring bag holds an inflatable air mattress. I got rid of all he army style cots we had because someone who is ill has enough body aches as it is without subjecting them to a damned uncomfortable old fashioned army cot. These air mattresses are a lot more comfortable, and also, you'll find a little blue roll that looks like a folding umbrella only a bit bigger. Those are folding nightstands that have little shelves to hold personal items, and a folding camp chair.

"Next to that are smaller cubes wrapped in black plastic. There are 150 of those. Each cube has a set of quilted mattress pad, a set of sheets, a blanket, two pillows with pillowcases, hospital gown, bathrobe, slippers, a towel and a washcloth, two small plastic basins, and a full toiletry kit. So, for every mattress drawstring bag you take, you're going to need one cube as well. Staff will have to magically alter the sizes of the clothing as needed. So, if you have a drawstring bag and a cube, you will have a complete patient set up. Jess will be able to tell you how many patients she can set up in there once she and her nurses get a chance to check the space for themselves. There are white cubes as well. Each white cube holds 5 extra blankets and 5 extra sheet sets. I think you should take some of those too just in case.

"Jess, you should have the cabin kitchen do double duty not just for food preparation but also for your med supplies and nurses station. Select some of the cabinets for food prep equipment and some for your medical supplies. We'll need to rent some folding privacy screens to create dividers between the patient beds. I would do two beds between each divider as an initial set up. Just order those from our medical equipment provider. And, get a commercial fridge and freezer for that cabin.

"You're going to need Angus's help. He has no idea what's going on, so you'll have to read him in just a wee bit, but he'll catch up fast. Ask him to stock you some bags of ice there in the freezer. Get both cubes and crushed. You can use them not only for drinks but also to help reduce fevers if we need to go old school. Angus knows exactly what we will need to feed a soft diet for the patients and what the staff is going to want on hand to eat and drink, and he knows exactly what supplier will respond to us fast. Get him to fully equip that cabin for patients and for staff both. He'll order food, drinks, disposable plates, cups, bowls and cutlery. He'll have you staffed in a matter of just two or three hours if we need it that fast. And he may even do a menu for your nurses to be able to cook some simple things to feed your patients. Ask him to also order you some stuffed toys, and some quiet activity things for both kids and adults so you can keep the patients from having any boredom meltdowns. We'll put a few sets of shelves near where the patient beds will be. Maybe Cris would be kind enough to organize that. He's a brilliant boy with a highly logical mind. He could easily set that all up for you, and I'm sure he'd like doing it. He likes to help people, so that seems like a task tailor made for him. Angus can also get you a few portable cribs and baby things if you need them. If we end up with any babies, let me know at once about that.

"Don't be afraid to ask some of the others to help. Simone, for example, is a wonderful organizer, and she also knows how to do large person events. She knows how to cook for a crowd and that sort of thing, and she's a very capable grandmother that can help with the kids. Ask her for help if you need her. We have a lot of talented people here. Make use of them. Now, are you both completely overwhelmed?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:35 pm

Jess and Jack stood listening to Robert as he told them what he wanted to happen Jack furiously wrote notes Jess made short had notes but once he ahd finished both chuckled and nodded " we'll get on it right away" bot said as Jack went one floor up and got what was needed. Jess walked up to the main floor and headed over to the Duplex making sure as she drew close the babies were not in Ruby or Arias hands .

Reaching the door she knocked and opened it " hey guys" she said and walked over to Angus but stayed some what distanced " we need to talk" she said " this mumps, not the usual, I can tell you more about it now, It was manufactured, Robert has people on making a vaccine, he wants us to make the empty cabin into a ward for those who need vaccinating or come down with it, he thought you could help with recipes for the kitchen, I have to ask Jessie and Chris to help out with organising the toys and children's things too " she told him adding the rest of what Robert had said so to bring him up to speed.

Jack went over to Jessies cabin and knocked, It was Yu who opened the door with Chris at his side " hey guys need your help , the cabin next to yours need emptying and I need your help Chris too" he said kneeling to face the boy " you have you own area I need you to organise for the children who might be coming who might be ill, its your first assignment." he said smiling " think you can do that?" hea sked Yu smiled as Jessie walked from the back with an apron on from cooking.

"Now you two need to help clear out the old things and enlarge the room we need a kitchen area and blow up mattresses laid down with a side table and camping chair next to it, Jess I think it going to get divider screens to put between each bed" he said and Yu looked to Jessie both nodding.

"we'll start right away, there's not a lot in that cabin anyway, Angus should know where to get the industrial fridge and freezer from. " Jessie said as Yu nodded he agreed.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:59 pm

"Okay," Angus said, making a few notes. "Supplies, menus, toys, games, stuffies, books, magazines... I get it. Not a problem. If I get right on it, I might be able to get things delivered maybe even by noon." He made a list of what was going to be needed, and he knew a lot of what Robert would want put there, even if some things were not on the list. "I've been through this before. I get the gist of what he wants. Not a problem. Oh, and by the way, I know of a muggle place that sells good used medical equipment. I might be able to get your divider screens there and maybe a few overbed tables just in case you need them. I'll check them out."

He did some rough calculations quickly in his head.

'Hm.. let's see. The dimensions measure 40' x 40', and with the ground floor, the upstairs, and the basement, that gives you three floors to deal with....Doing the math....If you don't calculate in the space needed for stairways, bathrooms, etc., theoretically, you could squeeze in up to 85 people per floor. However, that' isn't reasonable. And children and babies need less space. So, presuming you would keep kids and babies on the ground floor, and taking out space for kitchen bath, stairs, i think you could maybe get 60 or so smaller beds for kids and babies on the ground floor if you absolutely had to have that many. The other floors, I bet you could get 50-60 adult beds on the upper floor and in the basement, but I would save the basement for overflow because nobody really wants their bed in the basement unless we do some enchantments to decorate that space. Would you like me to diagram the floor plans and put in the beds to help you maximize space when you set up their beds so that all you have to do is set them up? Oh, and I'll get a couple sturdy large rocking chairs for comforting the wee ones."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:06 pm

Jess listened to Angus and once again made notes " that would be wonderful I really don't want to pull resources from St Mungo's." she said then continued to make notes " I'll have Jack make one and bring it to you asap" Just as she finished Jack walked in and stopped with a smile.

"okay got Jessie and Yu with Chris cleaning out the cabin along with fully vaccinated grounds men , should be sone in an hour." he said then took out a piece of paper " this is the floor plan for the cabin, basement is gonna need a bit of tanking as its a bit damp." he said handing it to Angus as he continued. " other than that its good to go once we clean sterilize and fit the kitchen equipment."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:19 pm

"No problem. I know those cabins by heart," Angus said. "Give me one moment." He got out his sketch pad and did a quick sketch of the cabin to scale so he didn't buggar up Jack's floor plan. Okay, so here's what I think Robert's going to want in the kitchen. I'd put half the cabinets--the ones near the stove--for kitchen stuff. The other half of the cabinets, I'd use for med supplies. I'd skip the kitchen table. I'm going to try to get you, instead a large size antique kitchen worktable--you know, the kind that were in the country estate kitchens. They'll be counter height and they'll be extra long. I would use half of that table, the half towards the stove, for food prep. I'd use the other half for a nurses' station. I'll get you a few counter height stools for it and some office equipment to help you organizes files, etc. I'll order the kitchen equipment and all the rest of it. It's a damned good thing Robert has money. This is going to be expensive.

"Okay, ground floor. Here. Take a look. Jess, will this work for your team? I've gotten up to 20 kids beds there, up to ten cribs if we have to do it. and I've got a couple rocking chairs, some shelves, and a couple of kids tables and chairs for them to do puzzles and games and things on as they're able. Check that out. Kids beds on the far walls, with cribs lined up on the inside wall to discourage any drafts."

"Upstairs...um...Master bedroom can hold maybe six beds--here, here, and here. Each of the three other bedrooms can hold four or five beds. That gives you 18 to 20 beds upstairs. And I can give you perhaps a couple more in the basement. We'd have to put in a couple bathrooms down there, Jack, so let's fill up the other floors first to give you time to construct the bathrooms. But then, I think I can give you up to 24 beds down there if we absolutely have to have them. Take a look, you two. Does that work?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:26 pm

Jess and Jack both watched as Angus busied himself working out the floor plan when he was done they looked at it and nodded " yep , that's perfect I can have two nurses stationed close by , those antique kitchen worktable would work perfectly and we ca keep them sanitised too." she said Jack listened as Angus spoke of the children's beds and cribs " I'll mention that to Chris , he's kind of on that part, Robert thought it would be good for him to help out, I told him it was his first mission to make sure the kids area was organised " he said and chuckled " since Jessie and Yu are going to be there anyway."

Jess listened more and nodded " perfect" she told him " could we have a copy of that floor plan" she said motioning to the one he had just drawn. " Robert also asked if you can organise some meals too that would work for the adults and kids." she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:36 pm

"Wait. Do you want me to put a small work table upstairs and in the basement for nursing stations down there if you need it? Upstairs you have this square space right at the top of the stairs. If you enchant it to make it a bit bigger, you can put a smaller work table here for a nurse or two who might be stationed upstairs. And I'd actually do the same at the bottom of the stairs in the basement. I'll add a couple of large size antique armoires in those nurses stations for additional gowns, sheets, blankets, and what medical equipment you might want on each floor. You won't need that on the ground floor because you have the kitchen cabinets there. If we do it right, you might be able to add maybe a card table and some chairs or something for patients if they feel well enough to maybe play a game or do a jigsaw puzzle on each of those floors." He took the sketches and altered them just a wee bit to show the enlarged spaces near the stairs for small nurses stations. "Now. Better?"

He flicked his fingers at the plans, and he kept the original and gave Jack and Jess each a copy, and he gave Jess an extra copy. "There. A copy for each of you, and a copy for Robert. I know he's going to want one. How's that? Ru, can you and Aria and Simone organize the kitchen, the pantry, the food, and some of the basic supplies there? I'll get you some stickers so you can label drawer and bins and such. Oh, and I'll get lots of tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, extra rubbish bins, all that nonsense..."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:46 pm

Jess listened to Angus and nodded " perfect" she said as she picked up the two floor plans. Jack took his and nodded to Angus " we'll do the heavy lifting" he said Ruby looked at Angus as did Aria and both nodded .

"of course we'll get on that once the equipment's in." Ruby said " that would be great, together we'll clean it and organise it so every one will know where everything is ." she said as a note fluttered to Jack from Jessie.

"okay they have it cleaned out, Roberts supplier send over some equipment and supplies, bedding and pillows and toiletries things too" he said reading off a list from Jessie  and Yu. " also the cots arrived and Chris is telling the grounds men where to put them along with book shelves and books" he said and chuckled having a feeling Chris will be come a great little organiser.

Jess looked at Angus " okay I'll get this to Robert and then he can send over the supplies for the medical side of things , Jack I'll leave you to make up the beds while I arrange for nurses from St Mungo's to get here" she said then nodded as she headed over to the main house and down to the lab.

" Robert I have the floor plan from Angus , Jack has cleaned out the cabin and some supplies have already arrived. She told him handing him the plan for where the beds and stations would go.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:59 pm

"Good. Good work, Jess. Stay on it..."

"Damn," Nigel said. "This is certainly a dark arts spell. Every time I try to neutralize the magical virus, it retaliates and doubles in potency. It's a failsafe built into it."

"Oh, so they're playing that game, are they?" Robert scowled. "Give that to me. I'll disable that horseshit."

"You know how to do that?" Nigel asked.

"Of course. It's tricky but it can be done," Robert said. "Sorry, Jess. When they get the ground floor and upstairs set up, have them go ahead and do the construction in the basement. Have them put the bathrooms in, in the basement and get them to paint the walls maybe a light tan or a pale buttery yellow to try to lighten it up. Let's try make it a bright space to try to de-emphasize that its a basement. Let's hope we don't have to use it, but let's get a jump on it in case we do need it and set it up anyway."

Angus and Marcus were making supply lists and working on contacting suppliers. When the babies started being extra needy, Rosaria and Carlo took over taking care of them and offering to help prepare food for the main house and also for the crew that was working at the cabin. Angus was very, very glad to have them today.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:06 am

Jack headed back to the cabin and got to work on getting everything set up he even had several men working on the basement tanking it to waterproof it.

Jess nodded to Robert stepping back as Nigel spoke about the virus then Robert spoke to her about the rooms and she nodded " some of the supplies have arrived, waiting on beds, kitchen equipment , I think Angus said he'd contact a supplier and get that out asap, I can contact your supplier for the beds and over bed tables along with dividers. if you give me their contact details." she said making notes again.

Jack looked at the now tanked and ready to paint walls he knew it would need a few hours to dry before they could paint. Walking upstairs he saw Jessie and Chris organising cots and some beds that had arrived.

Jess nodded to Robert and headed back she walked with Aria and Ruby both carrying cleaning items and fresh veg and food for the fridges when they arrived.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 66 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top