A Birth day - Page 31
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 31 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 31 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 31 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:32 am

"Oh, yeah, I'm definitely vaccinated with every freaking vaccine known to humanity, I think," Marcus laughed. "That was a condition of my 'international' employment," Marcus said.

"I know Fenrir mentioned once that it has been nigh onto impossible for the members of the pack to get any routine medical care," Angus said, "because they're so hated. You know werewolves always have been hated, but James has just made that so much worse for all of them. Maybe this will give us a means to get Fenrir convinced that we can help them get all their vaccines. If they are too afraid to go into St. Mungos, then maybe we can bring a little of St. Mungos to them. What do you think? I think Robert would go for it. I can only presume Jess would too, but you know how she'd feel about that more than I do."

"Ru, we need all our teens to be vaccinated if they haven't been," Angus said, thinking now about the kids. I honestly don't know about Ginger and Anise, but I presume you made sure the boys were when they were little, didn't you?"

Over at the main house, Robert had planned on going in to St. Mungos on time, but when Molly had gotten sick he had thought he would just check on her and then go to work. But then the diagnosis of mumps had derailed him. He had treated her but then he had taken a saliva sample and he had run a few tests on it in the work room upstairs. Now he went downstairs. When he found Jess, he motioned to her.

"A word, please, Jess, before you go to work," Robert said. He took her up to the work room and closed the door, not wanting to be overheard. "I ran some tests on a saliva sample I took from Molly. You need to know. I was sure it was mumps when I saw her, but something didn't ring right with me, and that's why I did the test. Jess, this has been genetically altered to not just affect the human bodily systems. Someone has tinkered with this to especially hit anyone hard who has magical abilities. It hits the human endocrine systems just as it does for muggles, but then it also infiltrates our magical systems--which muggles don't have--and it hits it again. Some dark arts criminal is spreading this purposely, so I'm betting it isn't just our lot who are going to be catching this. We're going to be seeing cases show up in St. Mungos. I'm going to have to get with Nigel straight away, and we're going to have to create a new vaccine as soon as possible. We don't dare let this news out until we have a vaccine ready to give."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:42 am

Jack listened to Angus and nodded to him " oh she really would." he said Aria chuckled and nodded to Marcus " good thing too" she said listening as Angus spoke to Ruby who nodded as he asked about the boys.

"yes they are both up to date." she said " I don't know about the girls though , we should inform Even about this so he can find out, if there not we might have to bring them home until we can vaccinate them." she said keeping calm at what Angus had said.

Jess was about to leave when she saw Robert and heard the concern in his voice. Walking over she followed him into his work room. " I was just about to head up to the camp with Jack, he was informed by Angus that Molly had mumps" she said but listening to Robert she sighed " hum I wonder , what black magic wizard do we know that could do such a thing?" she said and looked at Robert " possible Gelding?" she asked . She listened to what he had found out and nodded " so we need to work on a cure for this, and precautions." she added. " I'll get a team ready for when we have a vaccine to deploy, for now I should mask up and check the were camp for signs" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

"Well, that sort of illness would hurt Tom's trade," Robert said. "He can't risk his merchandise getting some new illness that we can't cure yet. That would put him out of business for awhile. Right now, I wouldn't put Tom on a list of suspects. However, Suzanne is a different story. We know she's very capable of this level of stupidity, and she certainly would do something like this. But, is she strong enough, by herself? No. This could well be the same person who was tinkering with my potions awhile back. We never did identify or catch that person.

"Jess, when you check on the pack, do get a list of who has been vaccinated and whether they're fully or partly vaccinated. I'm betting most of the pack has had absolutely no vaccinations at all. After all, they've been dedicated to living like animals, and Fenrir has been against them, by and large. Vaccinations are a human thing, and there are very, very few werewolves registered with the ministry who have any vaccines.. And, if you see Dennis, ask him if the girls are fully vaccinated. When I get that list. I'll send either Edward or Angus up to talk to Fenrir about overall medical care for the pack. If anyone can talk Fenrir into letting his pack get vaccinated, it will be Edward or Angus. Be careful with masking up. That will scare them. They'll see it as rejection. Just be aware of that. In the meantime, I'll try to talk to Nigel."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:06 am

Jess listened to Robert his words made sense to her and she nodded to him " I am vaccinated so I'll leave the mask off but Nigel would be a good choice. " she thought longer as he mentioned about making a list of those vaccinated and those not and I'll bring it by end of the day." she added as Jack walked into the room .

"sorry to interrupt but we should get going" he said to Jess " Robert Jessie wants to know if Chris had his vaccinations, if not he's willing to have them, he ahs asked Chris and has said he can't remember but if not will have it to keep Abby and Molly safe." Jack said handing over a note that Jessi had sent over to Jack.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:22 am

Robert bristled when Jack interrupted to move Jess along.

"Cool it, Jack," Robert said. "I'll let her go when I'm finished with her. She needs my instructions before either of you go up there. I don't have any idea of Cris was vaccinated. We had to declare Cris dead in order to save his life. Nobody asks about vaccinations on a corpse. I don't know if I could get them without sending Michael in to try to steal them. Tell Jessie for now not to get Cris vaccinated but don't let him go around Molly either."

Robert turned and looked at Jess.

"Now, listen," he told her. "The very best we have is our current vaccine, but that only counts for half the problem. It's better than nothing but we'll have to do better. As it is, I'm going to have to develop two different drugs. One for those who have the muggle vaccine, and one for those who have neither and need both parts."

"Jack," Robert continued, "get me a list for every single grounds crew or security crew employee. I want to know who has been vaccinated and who hasn't been. I need today. If either of you need me, I am willing to bet I'm going to have to go to my big lab at the farm. Now you're both free to go." He went to the floo and opened it. "Nigel, wakey, wakey, my friend. I need your help--stat."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:30 am

Jack paused and looked at Robert nodding he understood the severity of the issue they had " yes sir" he said then listened more to what he said about Chris and holding off on the vaccination for the moment. He stepped back letting Jess step forward as Robert spoke to her.

" Once I have the list , we can move forward, elderly and young should be listed as priority?" she asked not having done this sort of thing before for really only on paper

Hearing Robert request vaccination details of the grounds grew he nodded. " you'll have it by this afternoon we keep detailed profiles on all employees, I'll drop the crates off and then ger right on it, the pack can't go with out these supplies." he said to Robert.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:43 am

"No. Once you have the list, you bring it to me and wait for further instruction," Robert said. "Maybe by then Nigel and I will have something. If I get something sooner, I'll let you know. We must avoid having to panic people by telling them, after they've been vaccinated that it's no bloody good and they have to come back for another. We have to do it right the first time if we can. At this point, we don't know how many we'll have at St. Mungo's. For all we know, we might only have a trickle of people. Let's pray for a miracle. At this point, even a little miracle would be good. For now, gather information. If you see people on the grounds who are already sick, then we'll have to make a shift. We have one workers' cabin that's vacant. Let's set it up as an isolation sick bay here until we can do better. If we do, we'll have to use isolation garb to protect staff then. Keep me posted. I've sent Shannon and Nicky to their apartment, and I've told them to stay there. Michael is going to take Nicky's shift in the kitchen tonight, and we'll have to do housekeeping tasks for ourselves til further notice. Everyone's going to have to pitch in..."

"Lupin. I'm here. What's the trouble?" Nigel called.

"I need you here straight away. We need to formulate two vaccines, and I needed them stat yesterday."

"Well, shit," Nigel sighed. "Give me five to shower and pack a bag and then I'll be there."

"Fine," Robert said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:51 am

Jack heard Robert and nodded " ah understood" he said now realising he couldn't deliver the crates until they knew every one was safe or being treated. He listened to him talk about why and nodded Jess nodded she understood too " I'll get on the list right away " he told him the heard Nigel talk threw the floo. Nodding to Robert he left and headed down to the guard house office where he had several enchanted filing cabinets with files of Employees in. Sitting down he began to pull files checking each placing those who had been vaccinated in a pile and those who were partly or never in another.

Jess heard Robert and nodded she too understood as she headed to the camp to find Fenrir and find out who had been vaccinated she sent for one of her younger nurses to accompany her telling them it was a check up nothing more so not to spook them about the mumps break out. It took both of them several hours but Jess returned with a clip board with several names on. Checking the house she headed to the Farm and knocked on the lab door. " I have that list you asked for" she said waiting for Robert to answer her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:04 am

"Come in, Jess," Robert said. Edward and Nigel were there, and Nigel had brought three young potions makers from New York with him. All them were working as quickly as they could. Nigel was taking the sample they had gotten from Molly, and he was working to identify the particular piece of the virus that was attacking the magical system. He wanted to identify it and isolate it so they could formulate both vaccines.

"Got it! Nigel, I have it," a young woman with chestnut colored hair called. "I have the virus that's attacking the magical system!"

"Splendid," Robert said, breathing a sigh of relief. "That's the first breakthrough we've had. Now, maybe Nigel and I can get to work on finding a vaccine that will protect people from it. And also a cure to help those who get it. This could be a very long haul. Thank you, Jess. I'll take the list now. Oh, if you lot are looking for Kate, she's here. She's setting up some guest rooms for this crew to sleep in, and then she's going to make coffee and sandwiches, I think. Can you get me a crew together to set up that empty workers cabin as a potential isolation cabin, just in case? And then you lot need to get some rest while its' quiet. I hope it'll stay quiet, but, of course, I don't have any way to know that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:09 am

Jess entered and handed over the list from the were camp she looked at the woman who spoke and smiled " that's good" she said then heard Robert " I'll get on that there's a cottage not far from here that's empty I'll get it prepped and ready." she said just as Jack knocked and walked in with his list in his hands.

" I separated the ones who are half vaccinated and those who have none there's only two on that list the rest are fully vaccinated.." he said and handed it to Robert too " I heard what you said to Jess and I'll help her set up the cottage , my grounds men can clean it up and make sure its sterile." he said looking at Robert as he waited.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top