A Birth day - Page 91
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 91 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 91 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 91 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:18 pm

Ruby heard Jeffery and nodded she understood " let me talk to the kids" she said and made her way to the boys first, she knocked and opened the door " hey guys, um just letting you know I'm going to go back with Jeffery for a few days, I will be back and trust you to look after your dad and the girls." she said smiling as she walked over and hugged both of them.

Knocking on the girls door she pushed it open and smiled " hey, just letting you know I'm going with Jeffery for a few days to sort out my head again" she told them " I went with him a year ago and it helped me, please stay in school and I'll be back as quick as you know, its not forever" she said hugging both girls.

Heading to her room she took a note pad from a draw and wrote a letter to Angus explaining she had to go with Jeffery to sort her head out again but not from anything he had done and that she loved him and would be back with her head in a much better state. Sealing it she wrote his name on the front and walked down to the room he was in and gently pushed open the door " Marcus I'm heading out with Jeffery , I wrote a letter for Angus explaining , it should be only for a few days , I would stay but Jeffery's got to get back for his other patients or I would stay till he was better." she explained and placed the letter beside the bed. Leaning down she gently kissed his cheek before turning and heading down to Jeffery.

Aria had heard Marcus and nodded" don't over do it" she said with a chuckle before she headed to a room, showered, changed and slipped into bed to sleep for a few hours.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:18 pm

Marcus didn't comment one way or the other. That was not his job, and this wasn't any of his business. Ruby was doing what she felt she needed to do, and Marcus's job was Angus. He heard the wand fire crackling when Jeffrey left with Ruby, though. Marcus settled in beside Angus as the house quieted for the night.

Angus slept, waking off and on during the night, and Marcus made no mention to him of Ruby's note. All Angus seemed to want was a sip or two of water or something, and then he would doze back off. Angus finally woke, starting to come into his own a little by the time the sky started to get light. Kate had awakened and dressed, and she had brought Marcus some coffee. Since Ruby had decided to go to Switzerland, Marcus would not be moved from Angus, not even for sleep.

"Thought you both could use some coffee," Kate said, softly, handing Marcus some hot coffee and setting the other cup on the nightstand beside Angus. "You've been here all night, then?"

"I couldn't leave him. Ruby's gone to Switzerland again, and he doesn't know," Marcus said very softly. "He's just dozing off and on now, trying to get his wits about him to wake up. I expect him awake any minute."

"You don't expect him to take that well, do you?" Kate asked.

"Not at all," he replied. "He was certain last night he had damaged her, and it was completely his fault. I don't believe he damaged her, but he was sure of it. Now this morning, I'm going to have to give him this note and deal with him."

"Robert's in the shower. He should be here any moment," she said, picking up the note and taking it upon herself to read it. She sighed and handed the note to Marcus.

"Well, at least she left him a note this time," Marcus said.

"I'm going to take this and show it to Robert so he isn't blindsided," she said. "He can help you break the news to him. He felt Angus would be a lot more alert today, so I think you'll need him." She didn't ask to take the note. She just took it.

Angus woke, and Marcus kept things exceptionally quiet. He fed Angus some coffee and got a basin of warm scented water and helped him wash and shave. Angus was feeling chilled this morning, and Marcus did agree that it was a bit chilly in Edward's room. He lit a fire in the fireplace to warm the room just a little.

Robert came in, somewhat rested, clean, changed, and shaved, bringing his own coffee. He was glad to see Angus awake. He managed to put the note on the nightstand without Angus seeing it. Carlo brought Angus a breakfast tray that included some of Rosaria's hot farina cereal with turbinado sugar, some fresh breakfast cake with jam, and more coffee. Marcus deliberately busied Angus with breakfast while Robert tended Angus's surgical dressing. With all the necessary tasks completed, Marcus finally sat with him.

"Hey, Mate, you remember how you were worried for Ruby yesterday?" Marcus asked.

"I don't even know who she is right now," Angus said. "I thought I knew, but I really don't. When we met, she was a strong capable woman. Then I ruined her, and she went to Jeffrey. And I thought she was better, but now she's as broken as she was before. I don't know who the real Ruby is. Maybe I never did."

"Well, Aria did suggest she have a conversation with Jeffrey, and he came and talked with her last night."

"She's gone again, isn't she?" Angus sighed.

"Temporarily, yes. She did leave you a note this time. She is only hoping to be gone a few days," Marcus said. Angus didn't reply. Marcus gave Angus a long moment. "You alright, Mate?"

"Fine," Angus said. Angus's tone seemed just empty to him.

"You want to read her note?"

"Not now. That's her 'its-not-you, its-me,' thing. And I don't know I believe that," Angus said. "I don't know that I need to see it. Robert?"

"Yes?" Robert asked.

"I'm going home. Right now, I'm a single dad to six kids, two of which are babies. I need to go home."

"Your kids are movable, and four of them are right here. If you want the babies here, I'll go bring them myself," Robert said. "They're more movable than you are. You were planning on going for about three days, and honestly, you've only been gone for not even 48 hours. The kids are fine. All six of them. Ruby's only going for a few days..."

"I'm going home," Angus insisted.

"To do what?" Robert sighed.

"Take care of my kids," Angus frowned, as if Robert was stupid. He tossed back the covers, and Robert made no move to stop him. Angus sat on the edge of the bed, his head spinning. He pushed himself to his feet, but his legs wouldn't begin to hold him. Robert and Marcus caught him and put him back to bed.

"You need our help, and we're glad to give it," Robert said. "I'll go get the babies if you want them here, but Nicky and Shannon are very, very capable of caring for them, and they've often cared for Caprice with no problems."

"Why don't you just give it a little today?" Marcus said. "You weren't expecting this, so give yourself a little, and let's slow this whole thing down. You need the girls to be able to be here because of their schooling. The boys can port back and forth as they're needed. The babies are being taken care of. The rest of your family is already right here. Give it a bit." He picked up the note. "Maybe you do need to read it. She said she's definitely coming back." Angus read it only because Marcus asked him to. He wanted to crumple it up and throw it, but instead, he laid it aside, saying nothing. Nothing at all.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:29 pm

Aria woke and dressed heading to Angus room entering she heard them talking and stepped in " hey were here to help too" she said but stayed quiet when the others were taking " I see you had your coffee, want a refill?" she asked Marcus picking up his cup to take it down to the kitchen " I'll bring some food for you one I help Rosaria make some breakfast, I saw her prepping it last night. " Pausing at the door she looked at Angus and saw him just place down the note from Ruby " at least she loves you that she left you a note and didn't just disappear" she said as she then headed down to the kitchen and poring a fresh cup for Marcus.

Aria sent the cup up to Marcus and turned to Rosaria smiling as she asked to help make the Breakfast Frittata along with some healthy Bacon Mushroom Omelettes for any one who wanted some along with yoghurt with fruit or cereals.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:57 pm

"Thank you," Marcus said to Aria. "I'm sure all three of us up here could use some fresh. We got that quite awhile ago."

Angus didn't respond to Aria. He wasn't doubting that Ruby cared for him. That wasn't his issue at all. That wasn't what he was angry about at all. Aria was defending something that didn't need defending.

"She just thinks you're angry with Ruby," Marcus sighed. "She didn't hear the discussion."

"I know, and I know how I need to behave. It's fine," he told Marcus.

"Well, that's lovely but you don't need to try to pull that on me. I'll see right through it," Marcus said.

"Yes, I'm sure you would," Angus replied.

"Ho mandato la colazione ad Angus prima. Non mi aspettavo che fosse molto affamato, quindi gli ho mandato dei cereali caldi e un pezzo di torta per la colazione. Ma devo ancora preparare la colazione per tutti gli altri. Preparo la colazione per me e Carlo presto, e ho mandato ad Angus un po' di quello che avevamo. Non so se vorrà di più o no," Rosaria told her. (I sent breakfast up to Angus earlier. I didn't expect him to be very hungry so I sent him some hot cereal and a piece of breakfast cake, but I still need to make breakfast for all the others. I make breakfast for Carlo and me early, and I sent Angus some of what we had. I don't know if he'll want more or not.)

"You've got this for a little? I'll be back in a few minutes," Robert told Marcus, and Marcus just nodded. Robert and Kate went home, collected the babies and some things for them. They stopped by briefly to update Jessie that about what had happened and that Ruby was gone again and they were taking the babies because they thought perhaps it would do Angus some good. They left the dog at home where it had been with Jessie and Yu and Cris. Then they brought the babies to Tuscany.

Rosaria was utterly delighted, but she was in the midst of making breakfast, so Robert and Kate took the babies upstairs to let them visit with Angus for a bit. That did seem to help soothe his ruffled edges just a little bit. And Marcus was sure he knew why. Angus believed the responsibility of the kids was completely on him for now, and it had been stressful for him having the kids in two different countries. At least now, with the babies here, he had all the kids in one place. That cut back on part of Angus's concerns.

Sam and Victor saw the babies were there, so they stepped up, not entirely sure what they were doing, and they took the babies to take care of them for the day. Marcus was impressed that they decided to try to do it themselves.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:06 pm

Aria heard Rosaria and nodded " I don't expect him to have much of an apatite all today" she said then smiled seeing Caprice and Diamond with Robert " and those two will keep him occupied too" she said smiling as she took up a tray with several mugs of coffee and tea for every one " good morning " she said and handed out the cups " to wake up the day" she said smiling as she tickled Diamond on her tummy. " huh still not one for laughing , oh well you will one day" she smiled as she looked at Angus " sorry about earlier, lack of caffeine" she said holding up her own mug while she had the now empty tray tucked under her arm, She chuckled seeing Sam and Victor both take the girls and look after them " those two will be naturals" she said. Glancing at the night stand she sighed seeing Angus had not eaten much of his breakfast but she had a feeling he wouldn't from what Robert had told her earlier.

Picking up the hardly touched breakfast tray she carried it back down to the kitchen. " looks like you were right Rosaria" she said with a sigh " not the best way for him to heal." she said then spotted a cook book taking it down she flipped it open and looked at the recopies and began talking to Rosaria about foods that would be beneficial for Angus that promote healing so he could heal a little quicker.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:36 pm

"No problem," Angus told Aria. "I get it." He took some of the coffee from Aria and sipped at it. "Thank you."

"I saw no harm in letting the boys try," Marcus told Aria. "There are lots of us around if they get into trouble. It was Angus's idea."

"I needed all my kids in one place," Angus said quietly.

""Mio figlio ha bisogno di tornare a casa mentre si riprende, in modo da poterlo aiutare a prenderci cura di lui e dei bambini. Questa è la sua casa tanto quanto la sua casa di legno. Capisco quello che Ruby sentiva di dover fare, ma lo conosco anche. So cosa sta pensando, e non posso fare a meno di pensare che Ruby non si rendesse pienamente conto che la sua partenza gli avrebbe solo dimostrato che aveva ragione," Rosaria told Aria. ("My boy needs to move back home while he recovers so we can help take care of him and the children. This is his home as much as his wooden house. I understand what Ruby felt she needed to do, but I also know him. I know what he's thinking, and I can't help thinking that Ruby did not fully realize that her going away right now would only prove to him that he was right.")

Since it was Saturday, the girls did not have school. They came over, with Evie and Faith, and they quickly snatched the babies from the boys, believing Sam and Victor had no earthly clue how to take care of any baby.

Kate and Simone came to the kitchen and offered their help with breakfast. They set up the sideboard and made sure that the coffee and tea and juice were set out, along with plates and silveware, and they set out a platter of fresh breakfast pastries that Rosaria had actually purchased at a local bakery, and a platter of toast made from some of Rosaria's fresh homemade bread with some of her homemade jams.

Nigel made his way to the kitchen in time to hear Aria wondering about the best foods for recovery from surgery.

"Shoot for an increase in lean proteins," Nigel told her. "Dairy for tissue repair, whole grains, foods high in vitamin C, vitamin A, zinc, and iron. C improves immunity. A helps build collagen, and he took some heavy damage to cartilage and muscle tissue. Zinc also helps restore immunity, and iron is essential because of the heavy blood loss he had. It also increases oxygen to the wound to speed healing. Does that help you?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:49 pm

Aria listened to Rosaria as she helped with breakfast for the others and nodded " I think Jeffery wanted to get back , or I feel she would have staid till he was feeling better at least, and with her magic all wonky still" she said showing using her own magic to show even hers was not fully returned fully and she chuckled " dough I could even boil an eggs right now magically." she said with a chuckle. Looking up as she heard Nigel she listened and wrote down what he said " great thanks , that does help a lot, Rosaria and I can base a meal around this and help Angus back on his feet" she said smiling as she told Rosaria what Nigel had said and showed her she'd made notes.

Once done Aria moved to Simone and Kate helping lay the table for every one " looks like a real Italian breakfast " she said and smiled " nice" she looked at Nigel and nodded " I guess , come and get it" she called out knowing the boys would hear her as would every one else in the house. " sorry saves going around each room." she chuckled
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:10 am

Rosaria and Carlo laughed when Aria thought she had to shout to page everyone to the dining room. Carlo gestured to himself, and he left to go make sure that everyone knew that breakfast was ready.

"Go," Angus told Marcus and Robert. "I'll be fine. Clearly you saw I'm not going anywhere very quickly. Go eat."

"Is your magic back?" Robert asked. Angus tried to fire a spell, and all he got was a few sparks that fizzled out. "Well, it's coming, but clearly you're not going to do anything with that for a bit. Can you give us ten or fifteen minutes at least?"

"Of course. Is there any reason I wouldn't be safe here?"

"Not that we know of," Marcus said. "I'll go get a tray for you and me to share, and I'll be straight back. Fair enough?"

"Of course," Angus replied.

"We won't be gone long enough for shenanigans," Robert told Angus, and Angus just rolled his eyes. They left him and went downstairs to the dining room. Marcus saw a decorative silver tea set and he took the pot, the creamer and the sugar bowl off and swiped the tray to press into service to load up a breakfast tray.

Just as all the others were handing the babies to Rosaria and Carlo, and then settling in the dining room. Evan blew into the dining room like he was set on fire.

"Robert, Edward, I need you right now," he said. Robert and Edward were quick to hear urgency in his voice, and they got up and followed Evan. Going out into the foyer, they saw four Italian aurors disappearing at the top of the stairs down the hallway towards Angus's room.

"What the hell..." Edward was furious.

"Here," Evan shoved some papers in Italian into Edward's hands. Edward read it, and he shoved the papers at Robert. Robert read the papers.

"Marcus! Now!" Robert shouted. Marcus flew out of the dining room and when he saw the aurors he was about to start to run up the stairs, but Rosaria was ahead of him. She blasted a wandless spell right at Marcus, and in an instant, Marcus was standing in Angus's room.

"Bless you, Rosaria," Marcus muttered.

"What is it?" Kate asked Evan as he struggled to get his breath.

"Aurors. They have a warrant for Angus's arrest. Somehow they already know Ruby isn't here. And because there is no adult here that is blood related to Diamond, they're supposed to arrest Angus and take Diamond."

"Well, that's bullcrap. Sam and Victor are here, and they're both blood related. And if I need to, I'll summon Jessie. They're not taking Angus or Diamond."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:18 am

Aria chuckled and laughed too as Carlo pointed to himself " okay I get it" she said chuckling but as she sat down she stood back up quickly as Even blew in then called for Robert and Edward before Marcus dove and disappeared Aria looked to Rosaria and chuckled " thank you" she said just as some one else ported in Jessie walked in the door bag in hand placing it down on a chair he then headed right up to where he could hear Angus and Marcus talking.

" yeah and so am I" he said walking in to the room." Ruby messaged me she was with Jeffery, so I came " he said walking into the room " let them try anything" he looked to Marcus and nodded " Jack sends his regards and told me to tell you if you need him he's ready and as for the boys they would defend Diamond because she is their sister." he stood at the end of the bed and looked at Angus " I should report to Robert but I thought I should let you know I was here, so you have nothing to worry about."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:30 am

The aurors arrived and were pushing past Marcus. It was pure chaos.

"Stop," Angus called to them all, not surprised in the least. "Stop it. Don't do this. It's fine--really." He had thrown back the covers, and he sat on the edge of the bed and tried to stand to go with the aurors, but he collapsed in a very predictable heap on the floor instantly. Robert flew to Angus, and then right at that moment there was another interruption.

There was a loud crack of thunder and then a bolt of lightning right between Angus and the aurors. Up near the ceiling a coal black cloud formed quickly and grew and became a huge, opaque black mist between Angus and the aurors. Then, out of the mist rose up a truly horrifying images of a woman's skeleton that had long stringy gray hair and black Celtic robes. She rose up over all of them, and she reached out with bony hands that had long claw like fingernails, and she let out a shrill, loud, painful wailing scream as she reached for the aurors.

Two of the aurors just fainted away altogether, and the other two cowered on the floor. Kate stood in absolute wonder of how in the world Caprice had the ability to create that sort of specter, and how long she could maintain it. Kate could not see Robert or Angus at all through the opaque black cloud, but she believed that Robert would do whatever it took to protect Angus.

Sam and Victor were absolutely too afraid to move, frozen solid in fear. Edward wasn't moving. He was hoping it was Caprice, but he wasn't 100 percent certain. Nigel was merely watching. He was far more curious than frightened. It was one of the most interesting things he'd seen all morning.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 91 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top