A Birth day - Page 47
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 47 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 47 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 47 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:47 am

Lucian looked at the map lit up like a christmas tree above the fireplace and walked over his hands held behind his back as he studied it and listened to them talking about how many kids they had and how many they had rehomed and returned. " like a puzzle with missing peices, this fills in all the blanks." he said as he turned and faced them walking back as they continued. " the children you have working for you they learn a trade , earn a wage, that sort of thing, they do it volenteraly?" he asked just wanting reasurance they wern't forced to do it even though he had seen how they were with Angus and Robert when they entered.

He heard the lilly portrait talk about what they did and he nodded " explains why they want you dead so bad" he said " every thing they do it bad news, so what do you need and how can I help?" he asked leaning on the table infront of him " they can't continue doing this, I would put my Auror status on the line to help a child in need, always" he added his face sturn and sincer as he looked at the men " I have a small task force , they are at your command but I can have them placed around your grounds to make sure she and Gelding don't send any men to harm you or your family." he accoed six files and placed them on the table " each has their own unique skillset." he slid them over to Robert but paused " if you want my file.." he paused and chuckled " you already have it" he said seeing the look on Roberts face.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:01 am

"They're all required to attend school classes that we provide them, with the generous support of the French minister of magic. She knows about us, of course. She has provided us as much assistance as she can because, largely, the children who are taken are only those who are underage wizards and witches. Gelding binds their magic so that they can only help muggles to become wealthier. They're actually auctioned off, but Gelding calls the process foster placement and adoption," Angus told him. "Codswallop. Its nothing of the sort.

"When we learn of an auction, we always show up. Always, and we don't stop until we have every child back. We bring them here, provide them a bath, fresh clothes, a meal, tend to any medical care they need, and they're housed here until we can determine if we can return them to their families safely. Those who would only be returned to Gelding, we obtain custody of, and we put them at our ranch. Regardless, each child who is school age attends classes. They are encouraged to gain some marketable skill in whatever area they show some gifts in. When they're old enough to work, if they want to work we support them, of course. For many of them, we become their families. We're the ones they come to, even as adults, for birthdays and Christmases. Its us they want at their weddings, and we go to any of their funerals. It doesn't stop when we rescue them.

"Upstairs has sleeping wards, medical wards, classrooms, play rooms, bathrooms, clothing rooms, and all sorts of things. There is a small potions lab in the basement to form medicines on site. You're welcome to look behind every door. Out in the back, there is an herb garden for cooking herbs and the older children planted a vegetable and berry patch this past year. There is some playground equipment for them to enjoy outside. We have awake staff and agents here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Robert comes here at least once a week, and he remember the birthday of every child he has guardianship of. Not sure how he does it. He shows up for their birthdays and for Christmas and when they're sick. For a man that works, basically, three jobs, he's a damn good foster dad, if you ask me. And Kate's the same way."

"I need one thing. Regardless of what happens to me, help look out for my family. My grandfather--yes he is THE Edward Donohue, and his wife. Ruby, all of my kids, My brother and his wife and kids in Tuscany. Whether I'm alive or not--I do not want Tom or Suzanne ever being able to touch them. That's all I want," Angus said.

"We need to show him the rest of it," Marcus said. "Interested in one more short trip? It'll fill in the rest for you."

"This isn't the only place you should see. We have another stop you need to see.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:16 am

Lucian listened and nodded as he spoke of all the aminities in the house for the kids and of how they got them back " no need I belive you I saw that when I walked in." he said holding his hand up . As Angus spoke again he nodded listening to Angus talk, he could see the determination in his eyes as he spoke of wanting his family kept safe. "And you will have it, my squad and myself at your disposal , they will be taken care of in the event anything happens to you, but I don't see that happening in the forseeable future" he added then looked to Robert and stood away from the desk. "you have my full attenshion" he said looking at them all as he waited.

He heard Angus mention about more places and how Marcus chuckled at asking if he was up for another short trip. Lucian smiled " lead the way." he said walking around the table to give a respectful bow to those in the portrait as he knew he probably not see them again so soon. " your organisation is exstencive, well organised and certaily what is needed in my mind, im suprised the current minister of magic.." he paused and shook his head "Nope, forget I said anything , hes a baffoon , stubling threw his term." he said " though I am glad the french minister of magic is helping , she is a good minister, she even checked on Jasper once he was home." he chuckled sent him a stuffed hypogriff plushie."

Lucian looked at them all and motioned " shall we?" he asked leaving it open for Robert to port them to where he wanted to show him more.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:06 am

"Be careful if you go there tonight. Wear some ski masks," Lily said. "Take some insulated gloves, put some heat packs in your boots. We heard the kids earlier. North winds through the mountains tonight at 40 miles an hour, temperatures are -10 there. That's almost -24 by our standards. Don't take chances. Gear up before you leave here. The chest in the Captain's quarters have been stocked with winter gear. Borrow it, and I'll have Owens replace it."

"Thank you, Lily," Marcus said. "i'll get it." He turned on his heel to go get some ski masks, gloves, scarves, hats, and hand warmers and foot warmers. He brought them back and gave some of each to Lucien and to Angus and kept some for himself, tucking the foot warmers down in his boots, and tucking the hand warmers in his gloves. He and Angus put on their ski masks and gave time for Lucien to get geared up.

When they were all dressed, Angus got out another key. This one had an image of a mountain on the bow. He used it and he ported them to Colorado, to Brian's massive log ranch high in the Colorado mountains. It was still morning there, since Colorado was seven hours behind England. The wind was indeed fierce here and the cold was cutting like a knife.

"From right here, just about everything you see that isn't a mountain peak belongs to Brian Quinn, Robert's son-in-law," Angus said above the howling winds. "This place was where he thought he was going to live but when Khaat came back into his life, that all changed. Now, this place is a training grounds for the organization's agents, and it is also where almost all our children live. If the founders were right in their stats, and they usually are, there are 84 kids here right now. Brian's older brother and sister, Kieran and Fiona live here and run the place for us. I'll take you to see the main house but our newest project is probably what Robert wants you to see. It's northwest of the main house. We can apparate from here."

Angus apparated them to what could have been in any wild west muggle movie. It was a reconstruction of an old west street, with shops and houses.

"This is our housing for our kids," Angus said. He explained that the saloon really was a large hall for the kids' special events, and could hold birthday parties, Christmas parties, movie nights, alal sorts of things. The western houses each housed about four kids. The candy shop, of course, was where kids could spend the credits they earned for good behaviors to buy candy. They could use good grade credits in the toy shop. They went to science class in the blacksmith shop, etc. Every shop was a service for some need they had. Every house was a real home for four to six kids. There were two ranch style bunk houses for kids as they were needed. Right now, every kid was in one of the houses.

Angus and Marcus showed Lucien what an absolute wonderland with a purpose this was. Kids here seemed to take a delight in learning and working because they could become part of their own wonderful story here. The house parents were decorating the houses for Christmas while the kids were in their classes in the various town shops. Most of the shops, in this bitter cold kept kettles of hot tea, hot cider and hot cocoa for the kids to warm up with during their school day as they changed classes. The lunch menu today was probably one of their favorites. Cheeseburgers and french fries. Extra behavior points were given to the kids that chose to eat one of the tossed salads that were loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables instead of the french fries. The program spent more effort into giving kids options and choices and some great things they could earn than it did in saying no. They put the emphasis on teaching kids to think, to trust their instincts, to learn how to use magic and keep themselves safe. This last year, we had five kids graduate, and one had completed a culinary program and now works here in our kitchens, One graduated with an herbology specialization, two want to work with the horses and the magical creatures here, and one hasn't decided, but she's gone to London to work with Robert in the potions labs at St. Mungo's. We set her up with a little place of her own, and she's doing very well. This year, I think we're scheduled to have six."

"Talk to any kid you like," Marcus said. "They work hard, but they choose to. They don't have to. What they have to do is to be themselves and to prepare to face the reality that our world is a damned dangerous place.

"We just opened up several rooms in the main house as a medical clinic for sick kids that need closer medical care. If they need more than that, we take them to Robert, usually at St. Mungos," Angus said, "but if we send a kid there, we assign a house parent to be with that kid, nonstop, til they come back. We've never had an issue with them running out on us because they like the house parents and they love Robert and Kate to pieces. The last kid I heard about that we took to London was a little bloke who broke his elbow by falling while he was trying to learn how to rollerskate. Robert set the elbow for him and, when the pain was better, Robert took him for fish and chips before he sent him back here. He was the star kid here that night because he got to have supper with Robert. Or at least that's what I heard. Come with me. Let's get out of the cold."

The quickest way to get to the main house in this weather was a short cut through the ranch's training area with the outdoor equipment--for climbing, crawling, agility, balance, speed, endurance, and all the rest of it. This was where some of the hardest training took place. The running track started here, ran around some of the ranch and ended up back here again--if one could make it all the way around.

"This is where part of the trainings occur," Angus explained. "it doesn't cover the various survival trainings and some of the other things, but this might give you an idea of what Robert expects from his agents. "Still, this cold is too bitter here to spend much time outside, so the quicker we get to the main house, the better." He took them to the main house where the dining hall was empty. It was too late for breakfast and too early for lunch. Still, there were three of Angus's gigantic signature recipe cinnamon rolls sitting out on the dessert portion of the cafeteria line, cut into some wedges. There was hot tea and coffee available always.

"Those are the cinnamon rolls you heard about," Marcus pointed to them. "The recipe for them belongs to Angus here, and they're favorites every place he makes them. Have a wedge or two. You want some tea or coffee to warm up? It's been a really cold trip and its gonna still be cold coing back."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:09 pm

Lucian hard the lilly portrait talk and saw Angus leave returning with several items he took a balaclava and gloves and zipped up his jacket tight before taking holed and ported with the others . On stopping he felt the bits of the cold and looked around seing several buildings all lit up warmly with chrismas lights and decorations in them as they walked towards a large building. He listened to Angus as he explained what each hose was and how the children were brought up and tended to.

He followed them around taking in the exstencive complex and how clean and organised it was even down to a school house for the children to be schooled and how some remain and actualy go on to better lives that what they had been saved from. Entering a large building he smelt the sweet smell of cinimon and removed his balaclava smiling as he sawvr large cinimon rolls laid out infront of him. " wow those are big , Japser wasn't joking" he said and chuckled as he walked over to look at them, " tea would be great thanks" he said and slipped out a slice , taking a bite he shook his head as he licked his lips clean of the cinimon filling " these are awsome, you need to be a professional chef." he said as he took a second bite. as he did a small girl walked over and loooked at the buns on the table that she couldn't quite reach. Picking up a plate he knelt down and smiled offering it to her so she could take one. " its okay" he said and smiled as she took a slice and ran off stopping notfar from him she turned to face him" thank you" she said in a small voice " your welcome" he replied and she ran off smiling .

Standing back up he placed the plate down on the table and chuckled " all this is unplotable too?" he asked " I noticed the charm when we arived." he finished his last peice and smiled taking a cup of tea from Angus as he looked around seeing all the hand made decorations " kids make these?" he asked pointing to a paper chain decoration hung above a large double door with paper snowmen and hollys on.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:53 pm

"Angus is a certified executive level chef, and he also has his master captain's license," Marcus said. "He's a handy fellow to have around. He hasn't sailed much lately, but it is a truly wonderful thing to have his cooking to come home to on a daily basis."

"You're correct that it is all unplottable, just as Brian's is and just as Robert's farm is, and just as the Paris headquarters is," Angus said. "That hasn't stopped Gelding from finding us. The weak link, somehow, to Gelding finding us repeatedly, especially at Brian's estate, is that James Blood works for him." Angus knew that when Lucien realized that the number one mass murderer on the wizarding most wanted list worked for Gelding, that would only increase the severity of the situation. "James entered into an agreement a year or so with Gelding that he would do Gelding's assassin work for a price. All Gelding has to do is to deliver Khaat Lupin to him because Blood still believes Khaat belongs to him, and he still pursues her with a passion. The Geldings have a very complicated web of confederates and crimes that just gets darker and deadlier all the time."

Fiona came into the dining hall and saw Angus and Marcus there, and she greeted them with a warm hug.

"This is Lucien," Angus introduced him. "He works for the ministry. Robert wanted us to give him the tour. Lucien, this is Brian Quinn's older sister, Fiona. She and her brother Kieran run this ranch for us. Lucien was asking if the kids made the decorations."

"They did. Every grade level got a different room to decorate here," she said. "This room was done by all our kids that were Key Stage one or younger. I think they did a fabulous job. When our stage 5 kids saw it, they volunteered to throw the little kids a Christmas party with Santa, of course. That will be happening here tonight for supper. The older kids will be here in the afternoon to cook and to add a few decorations, wrapping presents, all of that. We gave them a budget, and told them to come up with their plan, and they came in under budget with a terrific plan for a party for all the kids. When we saw what they planned, we chipped in and increased their food budget because they wanted to include all the staff. For some of our kids, they can't go home. This is their home, and we are their family. So we want them to know that we're here for them, always."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:06 pm

Lucian listened and chuckled "Well it shows," he said holding up a second slice of bun in his hand when he saw a woman enter he placed it down and wiped his hand. Walking over he shook hers "Pleasure to meet you" he said then listened to her explain about the decorations, he had heard Robert and the mention of James' blood but showed outwardly no emotions at the revelation. Looking around he heard her talk of the diferent stages due to their age group.

" well that should be fun for them" he said and chuckled " and with the snow too" He moved to Robert and nodded as he walked over to him away from Fiona. " I know Blood's reputation and it's a bad one, real bad, he has a brother Jack Blackheart I believe, not much on him other than he married and has several kids all grown up and doing well," he said to Robert as he moved to stand side on to him a frown on his face that he didn't want Fiona or the others to see. " if you're worried about security, I can provide support for your men security that all your men are loyal and not Bloods lucky, if you want that it, I know you run your own checks and they are top notch as far as checks go," he said.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:26 pm

"Jack is as trustworthy and loyal as his brother is not," Marcus said. "They are complete polar opposites."

"Jack works for me," Angus said. "Technically, he works for Robert on Brian's estate, but I'm his supervisor. Jack manages all the outdoor grounds and services on Brian's estate and Robert's farm and here on the ranch, and what little outdoors area we have at the Paris operation. It is a mammoth job, but he does a first rate job at it, especially since everything we have is self sustaining. We don't require much but purchasing some provisions periodically. And Robert's wife has licensure for housing magical creatures, so we're always rehabilitating something or another--or lots of somethings."

"I am a bodyguard by trade," Marcus told Lucien, "but I am, for now, assigned to Angus. We do not believe Suzanne will strike against much of anyone but Angus. I will talk to Robert, though and see if adding a few more trained guards on the ground near Angus's place would help. I do appreciate the offer, though, and Robert will too."

"I appreciate it too. More than you know," Angus said, "especially with the girls now commuting back and forth every day to Tuscany."

"Angus's adopted teen daughters are doing homeschooling from Beauxbatons with their cousins--Angus's brother's girls, and they're porting back and forth to Tuscany daily during the week for home schooling. Angus doesn't want any chance that something happens to them in that process, and that makes complete sense to me," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:39 pm

Lucian listened and periodically nodded his head " Then we can rule him out as a potential leak" he said and listened more as they spoke of what Jack's duties were around the estate and of Angus's adopted daughters who were not at the estate as they were going to school away. " I'll have two of my men positioned discreetly to keep an eye on their lodgings, don't worry they won't know they are around, but will be under constant watch while Suzzane, Blood and Gelding are a threat." he said then looked to Marcus " I read your file, impresive career and your with Aria, so your cleared too" he added.

He looked back at Robert " you also have a cat burgler in your emply and as an old freind I belive,Michael Tramaine, since your familier with his..extra coriculer activity and are good freinds I can rue him out too, that leaves just the grounds men and emplyees here, though Im guessing Fiona and her brother do their own vetting?" he asked as he looked around " given all I have seen I can say Diamond is in the very best of hands and should remain there for her safty, even if it means making her biological mother very angry again, but we can deal with that, or rather deal with it again becuse.." he turned to look at fiona " forgive my language " he turned back to Robert and the others "She is batshit crazy, and for the moment under observation." he just finished when the floo opened and a oice called out to him " Alan Im here." he said.

" the mark has returned to her home something is going on several cars have arived and a large man got out, that was several hours ago." Lucian looked to Rbert then thanked the man on the other end of the flu " hum.. sounds like blood " he said softly to Robert " shes up to something big."

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:12 am

"Him? Never," Angus said. "James turned Jack into a werewolf when Jack was really small, and those two brothers hate each other. Those of us who live on the Lupin estate, we are a very solid little family of sorts. I would trust Jack with my life any day, any time. You can cross him off your list, absolutely."

"You think there might be a leak, huh?" Marcus asked. "Well, I suppose that's possible. I didn't actually give that serious thought."

"They do the vetting, as far as what they can find on who they want employ here," Angus said, "but they send those applicants paperwork to me, and I can vett them through some additional things, as a sort of a double check. I do the vetting for most of the other applicants, though Jack is doing an increasing amount of the vetting for the outdoor employees. It takes a massive amount of work off my shoulders, and he's good at it."

"Not necessarily," Angus said. "We have intel on the Gelding house all the time. James shows up there somewhat regularly, and from what we can find out from some of our informants, James is becoming increasingly unhappy that Tom has not delivered Khaat into his hands, thanks to Marcus's superb skills. He seems to show up at Tom's sporadically to read Tom the riot act and try to pressure him into doing something dramatic to try to get ahold of Khaat. I presume that's another one of those visits. Jack is always on the look out for that, but, all the same, if he's going to try anything, Tom's liable to come tonight. He can get pretty impulsive if he's pressured. He doesn't have the best impulse control."

"We probably ought to put the first string on the alert," Marcus said.

"Oh, fine," Angus said. "Can we use the floo, Fi?"

"Certainly," she said. "use the one in the office. Kieran's done some tinkering to try to increase its effectiveness."

"The office is almost right next door," Angus said, and he headed for the office to open the floo. He went in, and opened the floo.

"Where are you, Angus?" Kate asked.

"Fi's office," Angus said. "Ministry intel places lots of cars and possibly James at Gelding's today."

"We know," Kate replied. "It was James and Moira and a few other goons we haven't seen before. We had some help and were able to get a general thought about their identities. Our intel suggests they are probably some lone werewolves that have been kicked out of some of the little packs and haven't had a place to land. We think James may have snatched them up because of these rogues' sizes and ruthlessness, as additional hired muscle to try to help him get Khaat. We also believe that James is placing some harsh pressure on him by bringing the muscle. Michael's put us on alert, just as a precaution, and Edward's out checking defenses to make sure everyone is well armed and prepared just in case. And remember, its a full moon tonight. All the more reason to be on alert."

"Well, shit," Angus sighed. "Okay."

"Don't stress," she said with a reassuring motherly tone. "Edward's talked to Evan, and the girls are fine. They're stressing tonight because they have a test tomorrow over a big reading assignment so they're staying so that he and Tara can help them prep for the test. They're safe. The boys are with Edward. And if we need to move Aria and Ruby and the babies here, we will. You just do what you need to do, and be safe coming home. We'll do what we always do. It's fine."

"We'll be home as soon as we can," Angus said. He wasn't liking it. It sounded just like something James would take full advantage of.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top