A Birth day - Page 71
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 71 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 71 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 71 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:23 pm

Jack nodded to Robert " I won't leave her out she'll have enough to do" he said and chuckled looking at Marcus as he and Lucian moved towards the barn. Jessie stood and listened to Robert talk about Abby and nodded " I'll bring her once she's done drawing with Chris." he said as Robert looked to Jess who finished her work and was helping Angus with a fresh shirt.

" any seeping come see me right away" she told him then looked at Angus again " its what we do for our family and friends" she said smiling to him " I class you in the family bracket" she said smiling to him as she rested her hand on his cheek. " I'll make sure she sends something over" she said packing up and cleaning around Angus as Aria and Ruby ported back once Marcus had given the all clear.

Ruby heard Marcus and breathed out in relief nodding as she then looked to Angus " I think that's a great idea" she said and looked at both of them " went you going to check the harvest of grapes for the new wine , this would give you the perfect opportunity" she said as Aria placed Diamond into the playpen along with Caprice whom they were now getting along.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:47 pm

"I have things to do here," Angus sighed, feeling like Suzanne's shenanigans needed to be taken care of here. He couldn't defend anything long distance in Tuscany, and he knew that was, fully, Marcus's precise idea.

"We've covered this," Marcus reminded him. "They're in the nick, the bunch of them--Priscilla, James, Tom, and Suzanne. Robert's going to stop the visitation because sending James showed they can't be trusted. Nobody's going to be getting out for three or four days at the soonest because it's going to be that long before the wizengamot meets again. Without those people, Tom's people couldn't organize making coffee. There isn't a better time to go. You just don't want to--in case something goes off the rails. We all get that. If they have a problem we can port back. If it doesn't, you really would benefit from a change of pace, and spending time with Evan has been good for you every time you've taken advantage of it." Marcus looked at Ruby. "I think, if we pack the bags, he'll go with us."

"What about what I want?" Angus raised his voice slightly at Marcus.

"I know what you want. You want this to stop. So does everyone else, but right now, you are so determined to stay and stand and fight, that you aren't taking care of yourself. I just watched you take a potions cup with one of Robert's concoctions that looked like dirty dishwater, and you just drank it without even looking at it. I know his things like that are some of the foulest tasting things in our world. You aren't feeling the big list of sectumsempras that they just tended for you. Your leg and arm are bandaged almost their full length, and I bet Ruby hasn't even realized yet that you left in sweats that you don't have any more. Those are in the trash because they're a blood soaked mess. You do not need to be in this high state of combat alert, and that's the whole point. Nobody's going be around to launch an attack for the next three days--days you need to rest your body and your mind and recharge. It's time for you to stand down, just temporarily."

"I don't want to discuss this," Angus said.

"No, because you know I'm right," Marcus said. Edward had heard the raised voices, and he came over. He had heard the argument.

"Ater breakfast, pack the bags, Ruby," Edward said quietly. "or just go after Robert picks up Abbey, and buy whatever you need on my accounts when you get there. Evan can access them for you. I'll alter him that you're coming. He'll look forward to it, I'm positive."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:09 am

Ruby and Aria sat listening to Marcus and Angus loudly talking she looked to Aria who nodded to her as Edward walked in and told her to ether pack a bag or just go and buy new "I agree and at this rate I think we'll by new" she said and looked to Angus " he really does need to get his head in the game and a break will do him good" she said then looked at Marcus wordlessly telling him that Angus will go whether he liked it of not as she wanted his head back on his shoulders and not.

Jessie looked from Angus to Marcus then headed to the cabin and Yu who was still watching Chris and Abby who he had given a drink too along with some biscuits to eat till dinner was ready. " okay Abby when you want to we can go back and you can be with Robert again" he said as he sat down then looked to Yu " its all good over there but Marcus is trying to persuade Angus to take time away, so far he's not taking it" he said and sighed, Yu walked over and hugged him as Jessie hugged Yu back.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:19 am

Zoe brought breakfast to the duplex. She had made fillings for breakfast tacos and had some crispy taco shells for people to assemble their own tacos as they liked them. She had shredded hash brown potatoes, sauteed onions and peppers, shredded cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, taco sauce, avocado, tex mex rice pilaf, and, of course, scrambled eggs. She had also sent a nice fruit salad with some vanilla and honey greek yogurt, and some homemade danish--some were orange, some were cream cheese danish, and she had some unusual sweet lemon ones.

"It looks great," Marcus told Zoe, taking the basket. "We're starving. Thanks."

"Shall I bring you lunch?"

"No, no thanks, we'll take care of that. Breakfast will probably do us. Thank you."

"My pleasure," Zoe said, leaving.

"I figured, since we're midway between breakfast and lunch, we didn't need her to bring us lunch too," Marcus said. He opened the basket and set out the breakfast, and Edward helped set out some plates and silverware. Marcus went over to the floo and opened it to call Jessie's house.

"Hey, Jessie," Marcus called. "Zoe brought breakfast, so if you'd bring Abbey, we'll make sure she gets some breakfast. We're ready to eat."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:24 am

Ruby saw Zoe bring over food for them and breathed out sitting down " yes thank you so much Zoe" she said and smiled watching her head back to the main house once Robert said they wouldn't need lunch. Jessie heard Robert calling and smiled to Abby " want to have breakfast with Robert?" he asked and smiled seeing Abby's face light up. Picking her up Yu picked up Chris so they all walked over to the duplex . Entering he placed them down knowing she would head to ether Robert of Angus while Chris would head to make food.

Ruby moved to the table and made her self a taco and one for Angus, carrying it on a plate over to him she placed it down next to him along with a soda and walked to sit at the table beside Aria. Aria read a note from Jack and chuckled to Marcus .

"Jack sent over my schedule, basically I can accompany you since I don't start for a few days" she said to Marcus showing him the note with dates and times for her to work with Lucian and Jessie.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:58 am

When Jessie sat Abbey down on the floor, she flew to Angus.

"Aggie!" she called. Angus scooped her up, and she threw her arms around his neck in a huge hug.

"Thank you, Jessie," Angus said, deeply relieved to be able to hug her and know for himself that she was okay. "You okay, Poppet?" he asked her softly.

"Hungee," she told him. He kissed her cheek.

"Well, you've come to the right place. You like Zoe's breakfast tacos?" he asked. She nodded. He took her to the table and set her down in a chair and helped her fix a plate. Then he brought his own plate and his soda over to sit near her and help her with breakfast if she needed it. Abbey ate like she hadn't eaten in a long time, although Angus knew better. She was eating and humming happily. Still, it was good to see a toddler that knew how to eat and not be picky about it. Angus had taught her to like almost every food he fed her, so she was a good little eater. Having even this little bit of time with her eased his raw nerves, and he wasn't sure why.

Marcus could have explained it to Angus if he'd asked. Marcus watched the two of them and how happy she was just by being able to visit here. She was overjoyed, and she felt completely safe here and completely loved. That was what Angus was seeing, and that was what had provided him some comfort. Someone he loved was, for the moment, feeling truly safe.

"Aggie?" she asked.

"Yes?" he looked at her.

"Can we go see your up?"

"My what?" he asked, amused.

"Up. Up!" she pointed up. He wasn't sure what she meant.

"After breakfast, I'll go anywhere you want to go," he told her.

"Yay," she giggled.

Marcus took the schedule from Aria's hand and looked at it. "He expected you to want to go," Marcus said, speaking quietly to Aria. "It's fine. I presumed you'd want to, but I wanted that to be your choice. Honestly, I'm probably going to turn him loose on Evan and step back if I can, and watch from a distance. I'm sure that you and Ruby and Tara could enjoy some things, maybe even some shopping--or whatever it is Tuscan women do. Tara might have some suggestions. I would dress for the next couple days like its Autumn. That would be about right, I think. That's probably what I'll do. Jackets, sweatshirts or sweaters. That sort of thing. Just casual and comfortable and warm. I usually pack for him when we travel, but if he's out of sorts, I'll just make sure I have his potions. he's got a decent closet of things there already. So does Ruby. They probably won't need much."

When Angus and Abbey finished eating, Angus put her down on the floor, and she reached for his hand.

"I want to see the up," she said. He took her hand, and he let her lead him. She went upstairs to the master bedroom and stood, looking up at the stained glass ceiling. "Up!" she pointed, fascinated with how the light shone through the stained glass. He picked her up and put her on the bed, and she laid back, just studying the light and the colors, and how it made colored spots on the bed and on the floor.

"Ah," he said, sitting with her. "I like it too. Gam made it." She nodded.

"Gam likes stars."

"Me too," he said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:07 am

Jessie smiled seeing Abby run to Angus and moved to make tacos for himself and Chris as Yu made his own. Ruby smiled as she saw Abby humming " good to see her happy" she said softly to Angus she heard Abby and chuckled having no problems with her seeing the skylight in their room.

Aria chuckled and nodded " of course I'm coming , wouldn't think of leaving you alone" she said and smiled at him " I think Ruby will be with Tara most of the time so I can help you watch Angus." she said knowing she would also love to spend time with him too. " but don't forget to take time for yourself while your best friend is finding himself too" she said taking his hand in her own as she ate her taco beside him.

Ruby finished her taco and tidied up the kitchen knowing if they were going to Evens for a few days she would make sure all food was away and sealed or thrown if it was perishable. She finished putting things in the washer or away before looking to Marcus and sitting next to Caprice and Diamond as they slept.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:26 am

"He'll be alright," Marcus said. "He had such a hard time for the first few days after we pulled him out of that grave. Seeing that casket made it all very fresh for him again. It's why I suggested a weekend trip away. A change of scenery might help him feel grounded again, and if we need to extend that, I'm sure Robert would give it to him. I really think he'll be fine. I'm basically going to let him do whatever he wants, as long as we know where he is, and we know he's safe. I'm his bodyguard, not his parent."

Angus and Abbey were still laying on the bed, nearly 30 minutes later, and they were looking at colors and patterns in the glass and on the ceiling and on the bed.

Robert came and knocked on the door and let himself in. He looked around and didn't see Abbey or Angus either one. He frowned.

"She's here," Marcus said. "She told Angus she wanted to see his 'up,' and she took him upstairs. They've been up there since."

"Oh. That," Robert laughed. She found Kate's sketch of Angus's ceiling and she's been asking and asking to come see it. I'll go take her off his hands."

"I think he's enjoyed every second of it," Marcus smiled.

"Good. I'm betting she has too," Robert said. He went upstairs and joined them for just a couple minutes, talking about the ceiling. Then he picked her up, thanked Angus and took her home. Angus came downstairs, glad to have seen Abbey but feeling just a wee bit emptier with her gone again.

"Okay?" Marcus asked.

"I'd forgotten how much I missed her," Angus said.

"You want me to go see if Edward and Simone will take care of the babies and the boys and Finn?" Marcus asked.

"No, I'll do it," Angus said. Marcus watched him going to see Edward.

"Would you like me to throw a few things for him in a bag while he/s over at Edward's, Ruby?" Marcus asked
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:32 am

Ruby watched as Robert came to fetch Abby and smiled as he walked up to their room to fetch her . Returning she waved to Abby and slipped her a cookie with a chuckle " come back and se the up again" she said and watched them leave as Marcus spoke Ruby looked at Marcus and nodded " please" she said and Aria smiled.

Hearing Marcus words she nodded " yeah he does need time away, I saw what was in that basement and , well yeah" was all she said " but your right a change of scenery would be good for him. " I'll come and pack a bag for Ruby " she said following him up to Angus and Ruby's room and taking out an over night bag. She looked up and smiled " it is a nice skylight" she said " think Kate could design one for the cottage in our room?" she asked

With Ruby's bag packed she headed down leaving Marcus to pack for Angus knowing he like to pack in a particular way, she liked neat and organised but she had it down so didn't take her long. " your bags packed" Aria told Ruby as she finished wiping down the last of the worksurfaces and placing the towel into the washer.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:17 am

Angus found Edward sitting at the kitchen table, sorting through the morning's mail.

"What's on your mind?" Edward asked.

"If I go along with this, if I go, do you and Simone have plans? I mean, do you honestly want to watch the babies and keep an ear out for the boys, or shall I perhaps ask..." Edward looked up at him.

"When have I ever refused you? We chose to live here so we can be part of your children's lives, so they know what it's like to have good parents and grandparents both--to give them what I could not give you. This, what little we do to help you, is more important to me than you realize. The only thing I would not drop and set aside to do for them is if I had to choose between them and you. I would always come for you before I would even rescue myself. You know that."

"I do," Angus said, as Edward motioned him to sit. Angus sat down at the table, and Edward looked at him.

"Leave them all here. We've got it. We love doing it, and we would never be anywhere else. Your nerves are raw," Edward told him. "Seeing that casket was not at all good for you, Boy."

"I'll..."

"Hear me out," Edward said. "I know you don't want to go. Hell, anyone who has seen your face knows you don't want to go."

"The fight is here."

"Yes. It is. But think a moment. If you've just finished a hot battle, what's the first thing you do?"

"Move on to the next."

"No. That's not the first thing any of us do. We all take a breath. We stop--and we breathe. We look around and assess where the hell we are and what's going on around us because we need to gain perspective and see what's happened while we've been fighting for our lives. That's how we know if we have someone else to take on, or if someone is hiding in the shadows, if a teammate needs us, or if we're clear."

"Are you saying that's wrong?"

"Not at all. It's vital to fighting, to being able to do what you and I and the others do and stay alive. Consider, my dear boy, that this is all this two day break is. It's a breath. Just a breath. A glance around you. A few seconds in the middle of the action so that you don't race into the fire and fall on your sword when it isn't at all necessary."

"And if someone dies because of me while I'm effing around? What if its you? What if its Simone? What if..."

"What if nothing happens at all? Angus, you cannot own this because this is not your fault--not at all. The ones that are responsible for this are Tom and Suzanne...."

"Everyone I've cared about--except you. They've all died..."

"Now, that," Edward cut him off. folding his hand over Angus's, "is that little boy within that is still wounded. Your grandmother. Your parents. And some of the others. I'm not going anywhere. Neither is anyone else. Ruby's still here, and so are your children. You have a wonderful life, and the people that are important are right here and very much alive. Tell me, and answer me honestly. What are you feeling?"

"Nothing."

"Not true. Think."

"Tired. I'm so damned tired."

"Now, that is truth," Edward said. "Trauma is bloody exhausting. Not physically, but mentally--it drains you, and you can't think. Emotionally--and you can't feel. Spiritually--and you feel like God has utterly abandoned you in a complete wasteland. You can go through the motions of sleeping and eating, and you don't feel any damned better."

"Pretty much," Angus said.

"You're getting very wise advice. Listen to them. Stay a couple days. If you need more, stay longer. If you need me, I'll come. I've told Evan already that you're coming. Go see him. He's good for you, and you're awesome for him."

"Edward,..." Angus began.

"Say it. Whatever it is."

"Tuscany was never a sanctuary for me like it is for you. It was you. It was always you."

"And I'm right here. It's just a breath. that's all it is. Take it--for them." Angus was silent a moment, thinking, and then he nodded. He got up and left the table and went back to the duplex.

"So, you're good," Marcus surmised, shoving several packs of cigarettes in Angus' bag and zipping it up.

"Yeah. Yeah, of course we're good," Angus said. Marcus went over, got Angus's coat, and handed it to him, and then looked in at Edward.

"You want us to bring the babies to you?" Marcus called.

"No. I'm coming in just one moment," Edward said. "You lot ready to go?"

"Yeah," Marcus said.

"You call me if you need me," Edward said.

"We'll be fine. Its only two days," Marcus smiled. "Thanks."

"No, thank you. You lot take care of him. Evan's expecting you."

"Got it," Marcus nodded. He looked at Aria, Angus and Ruby as he picked up his bag and Angus's. "Shall we?"

When they landed in Tuscany, Angus knew his winter coat was going to be entirely too warm here. For now, he walked to the main house, opened the door, and went in, like he'd done millions of times before. He hadn't taken more than a few steps into the foyer when Evan walked into the foyer. He saw Angus, and, wisely, didn't say a word. He just walked over to Angus and wrapped him in a strong, close hug.

"I'm glad to see you," Evan looked at him and smiled. "Hi, Ruby. Hi, Marcus and Aria. Thanks for bringing him home. Make yourselves at home. Rosaria freshened up the room right across the hall from Angus's for you and Aria, Marcus. And, she's making some sort of tea for you. I think she's serving it in Gran's sitting room."

"You probably haven't been in there," Angus said.

"It was one of her favorite rooms in the house. Go down the hallway, past Edward's office, and its right next door to it--the last door on the left."

"It's very pink," Angus said, "But it's also got the softest, most comfortable furniture in the house."

"MInd if I steal my brother away for a little?" Evan asked.

"Where will you be?"

"Billiards room. Other hallway..." Evan began.

"I know where it is," Marcus said.

"I'll be the bodyguard for awhile," Evan said. "You enjoy some tea with the ladies. Just for a little, huh?"

"It's fine," Angus told Marcus

"If you don't leave that room--period."

"We won't. You have my word." Evan looked at Angus. "Come with me. I put a fresh keg on tap, and you're going to like this one. It's a porter with a lovely malt flavor. Let's go pull a couple of proper pints." He put his arm around Angus' shoulder and headed for the billiards room.

"I guess I'm supposed to drink tea with the ladies," Marcus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top