A Birth day - Page 70
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 70 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 70 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 70 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:52 am

Jack watched then heard Angus wincing as he heard the snap even from where he was as they boy moved to grab Moira he quickly reached out his hand grabbing the boy around his throat " your lucky your just a kid , I'll say this once , don't get involved with my brother, that's a really big bad move" he told the boy but didn't let him go but hearing Marcus he rolled his eyes " all right " he said in a sarcastic tone " but can I scare him first?" Jack asked like a small child asking permission but he paused and looked down " never mind , he peed himself he's scared enough" he said and let the boy go " get out of here this fight is not yours , want a god pack go talk to Fenrir , maybe …big maybe he'll take you, but clean up first that smell will defiantly not put you in his good books." Jack said turning to face Angus, Marcus and Robert " want a hand or are you just playing?" he asked with a chuckle knowing they could take James down easily.

It was now Lucian ported in and paused as he walked over to Jack , Jack stopped him talking raising his hand to stop him. "I'll explain once this shit show is over, and I mean that for James not Angus or Robert, they have it, its James that fucked up big time." he said Lucian stayed quiet and watched but glanced at Fenrir he looked puzzled but said nothing choosing to ignore he was there.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:03 am

Robert honestly had to give it a moment's thought. Killing would have not only been a relief but it would also have been something that no one in the wizarding world would have been bothered by. Still, Robert wasn't a killer.

"Jack, I'm gonna regret this, but would you and Jessie secure him, please, and ask Lucian to get a crew to transport him to Azkaban on the first ship out. Ask them to put him in solitary, in Wing D, please, using standard protocol," Robert said. Then he looked at James. "And, when you see them again, you tell them that Suzanne's plan just ruined any chance she or Tom will see Diamond at all in the near future. They have just proven that they are not safe to be around children of any kind. Visitation denied, by order of the Deputy Minister. Oh, and do let me know what those pureed raw steaks are like. Looks like that's all you're going to be able to eat for the next two months at least. Enjoy."

Robert looked at Angus and motioned for Angus to back up a distance to allow Jack to take charge now. Besides, Angus was going to need some attention because he was bleeding because of Moira's slashing spells.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:11 am

Jack and Lucian listened to Robert " Yes sir" he said somewhat disappointed but he could understand . Lucian and Jack walked over it was Jack that secured James as Lucian aperate several of his men in and relayed Roberts orders to them Jack stayed with James to make sure he was not going anywhere. Hearing Robert mentioned pureed steak he laughed " oh more like pureed apple sauce." he said as he man handled James to his feet with Lucian holding James right arm.

Jess ported in and walked over to Robert " okay I'm here to assist" she said handing him his medical bag she had brought. " girls are safe at Michaels with the babies." she informed him " I checked before coming here." she opened his bag as they walked towards Angus her one step behind him knowing he would want to sort Angus immediately.

Ruby had ben glad when Jess appeared and told her she was on her way to the estate and that everything was sorted but they should wait to return until sent for. " you think he's gone" Ruby asked Aria who shrugged as she played with Diamond on her knee.

"don't know I would bet Robert is dealing with it and Abby is safe again." she added " but by the look on Angus's face he was super pissed I would bet James will regret his decision, big time." it was now snidely brought them some tea and pored it for them " thank you " Aria said smiling to the hatrack.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:28 am

"Jack doesn't realize what Wing D is," Angus told Robert quietly. "If he did, he would not be disappointed."

"Yes, well, you shouldn't know either, by rights," Robert said.

"It didn't take me more than a few minutes in a cell to learn about that," Angus said.

"Do I want to know?" Marcus asked.

"No," Angus said.

"Those aren't what they look like," Robert told Jess. "Moira's sloppy sectumsempra spells, not werewolf claws. Look like they were done with an offset spatula, not a wand. The woman doesn't know how to make a clean cut. I bet her claws aren't any sharper."

"Offset spatulas aren't sharp, Robert," Angus said.

"Exaclty the point," Robert replied. "You're a mess. Let's take him inside and re-assemble him, Jess. Let me go get Abbey first, and I'll be right with you."

"Don't do anything for a few minutes. When these intruders are all out of here, then you can bring everyone home, Jessie," Robert said. "I don't want any mess ups."

Robert went over to Fenrir and saw that he had calmed Abbey down. She was hiding her face in his chest.

"Your cub," Fenrir said to Robert quietly. "She is unharmed."

"Thanks to you, yes. Thank you," Robert said, as Fenrir handed her to him.

"You have rescued my pack. They are, in a way, my cubs. It seemed the right thing to do," Fenrir said.

"I am grateful," Robert replied.

"Go tend to Donohue. He is a valuable member of your team. It would be a shame to let him bleed out."

"Jess won't let that happen."

"The blonde woman?"

"She is the female that belongs with James' brother, Jack," Robert said. Fenrir nodded.

"She has learned to be strong, then."

"Yes. She has," Robert nodded. "It is very unlikely she will let Angus bleed out."

"Jessie," Edward said. "Maybe Cris would like to teach Abbey how to do some simple drawing." Edward was hoping that Cris would help to cheer Abbey up after her terrifying start to the morning. "I'm sure Zoe has breakfast ready in the main house, if he'd like to come over there. Whatever works for you and Cris."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:41 am

Jess listened to Robert and nodded " I see that now" she said as she moved a piece of Angus clothing and managed to slow the bleeding she heard Robert and nodded " I have him don't worry" she said as she saw him head to fetch Abby from Fenrir. Jessie heard Edward and nodded " I'm sure he would love that" Jessie said as he could see Yu look out the window he smiled and nodded to him. He saw Yu walk with Chris to the main house talking to him the whole way when the door was closed He saw Jack with Lucian port James out but before he did he looked to Robert " what's D ward?" he asked " hold on let me guess, D for dummy, dunce, dead werewolf walking?" he asked.

Jessie could not help but chuckle at Jacks words but then looked to Moira " what about her, same place?" He asked as he saw Lucians men and the grounds men detain the men who had tried to jump him. Now with them in hand Jessie moved to Robert " Lucians men have the others in hand" Jessie said then looked to Abby " hey want to do some drawing with Chris , he's been asking when you to would draw together again" he said smiling to Abby " I think there's cookies too" he added.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:54 am

Robert handed Abbey to Jessie and kissed her forehead, and she got teary eyed for a moment.

"I'm going to go help Aunt Jess patch up Aggie," Robert told Abbey

"You come get me later, Papa?" Abbey asked.

"Of course," Robert smiled. "I will always, always come for you, my sweet. Always. It's just a playdate with Cris for a bit. I'll come get you in a bit." She nodded, and clung to Jessie, just in case James might change his mind and come back. "She's a bit rattled, Jessie. I'll come in a bit and get her. Thanks."

Marcus looked at Jessie when he asked about D ward. "Dementors," he said flatly. "Solitary confinement with the constant presence of dementors. Angus told me that  where he was at, he could hear the constant screaming from them. I'm just glad Angus wasn't ever held there there myself. I think he wants James to have something to think about. Robert got rid of the dementors when he first got his post, but the Ministry brought some back. So far as I know, they're limited to one wing, and its become D wing."

Last edited by Khaat Lupin on Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:02 am

Jessie took Abby and held her tight against him " its okay Abby and Roberts right , its just a playdate" he said nodding to Robert he started to walk back but paused hearing Marcus he could not help chuckle " ah good place for him then" he said and headed to the main house . Inside Yu smiled to Abby checking her for any damage , finding no marks or scratches Jessie put her down with Chris who walked over and hugged hr too then taking her hand took hr to a coffee table and gave her some pencils to draw with.

Jack and Lucian returned Jack smirking as he walked over to Robert " James is on D wing" he said " he was real happy to be back" he said and chuckled as he looked at Jess with Angus cleaning up his wounds and slowing some of the cuts and setting the shallower ones to healing. " I'll get something warm for him to change into" he said and headed to the duplex and up to Angus room grabbing an unshreded shirt and trousers for Angus.

Jessie let Abby be with Chris and Yu sat close by while he slipped out to let Robert know she was safe " Abby's with Chris and Yu no marks that won't or can't be healed away" he reported " as you know she's shaken but I'm sure Chris can help keep her mind off that" once his report was given he headed back to sit with the two children to make sure she felt safe.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:31 pm

Marcus was staying out of the way, but he was standing at the back of the room, leaning against the back wall, just watching and not saying a word. His job was to be with Angus, and he was. He understood Angus and what he was struggling with, and he also understood, all too well, Angus's tendencies to not discuss much, so for now, Marcus was fine with not having a discussion with him.

Robert had gone to help Jess with Angus. He saw that she had it in hand. Robert set about helping Jess get more bandages and helped with cleaning wounds while she healed what she could. When it looked like Angus was not in danger of bleeding out any more, went briefly up to his workshop and brought down a couple of bottles of potion and mixed several potions together to blend a concoction that was an ugly gray color.

"Sorry. I could change the color with a few hours of work, but I figure you could also just close your eyes and drink it," Robert told Angus. Angus took the potions cup.

"What's it do?"

"Drink it. A bit of everything," Robert replied. "It replaces some of the lost blood. Not all. That would require some more sophisticated spell work. Or, you could simply decide not to do any more sparing today and lounge around your house and get the same results. It also helps with some of the mending that Jess is doing, and takes care of some pain relief, though, in this particular concoction, I cannot make you entirely pain free. Once you get home, you can take another half a dose if you need it. I also added some other bits to help you repair some of the damage to some of the soft tissues that need mending.

"Angus," Robert continued, "I was completely serious. I will talk to the Chief Warlock and we will prohibit visitation immediately."

"What about Hemlock?" Angus asked, taking the potion, not paying any attention to the color or the taste, either one.

"Eff Hemlock," Robert said. "His clients screwed themselves when they sent their employees here and broke into my house and kidnapped my granddaughter and attacked the other people who live here. Now two of their men are dead and laying in my woods for us to clean up, unless Lucian brings a detail to identify them and haul them away, which by rights, they really should do. Hemlock will be told, in no uncertain terms, that he absolutely does not win this round. So, you can go get into some comfortable clothes and go home and rest a bit."

"I'll take Abbey when she finishes at Cris's," Angus told him.

"She would like that. You know, she told me not long ago that when she dreams about James, she dreams about you. You're the one that rescues her. Every time. It's you that comes for her."

"It should be Brian. or Khaat. Or you."

"Her parents love her more than life itself, and she knows that. But she knows they're busy--too busy. So am I, quite honestly. You're one of the ones that's here. You're the one who always, always runs to her, flies to her, whenever she's in trouble. I'm glad you're there for her, you and Jack and Jessie and all the others. It makes her feel safe."

When Jack arrived with fresh clothes for Angus, Robert took them from him.

"Thank you. He's gonna have to throw those sweats away," Robert said, "but at least he's not going to have to go home naked through the snow" He saw Jessie come and report that Abbey was basically unharmed.  "Thank you, Jessie. That's a relief. I'll get to her shortly, hopefully, and tend to what little bumps she did get. Now, so both you know, I've just told Angus that I am going to have a chat with the Chief Warlock, and we will put a stop to any visitation at all between the Geldings and Diamond. They were on very thin ice with that anyway, but now, it's done. I'm not having it. Do whatever you have to do to tighten security. I know that your grounds duties have a lot more tasks than just security, so if you want more men, we'll get them. Lucian wants to be a part of that. If he wants to earn a spot, you could put him on in a part time basis, as a trial, and put him on, for example, to lead the overnight security team.  You could let Jessie run a security team, maybe on second shift, and you could keep an eye on it on the first shift or give Aria the lead on a daytime security team so you can see to your other duties. That would give us some experienced coverage, and it would free you up. Sometimes as leaders we need to make sure that we delegate what we can, and I think its time you do that."

"I can take care of protecting my family," Angus told Robert, and Robert turned to look at Angus.

"Lad, we're a family. You need us. You can't possibly do this alone. There are a lot more of them than there are of you. Besides, this is not a one man operation here, and I cannot let you command it. You're too deeply involved. The last I looked, I was still in command here, and I'd like to keep it that way." Angus nodded, not truly satisfied with Robert's answer, unable to make himself agree with Robert. It was the first time in his entire life that he truly was giving some serious thought to going rogue. He hadn't said a word. For Marcus's part, he was watching Angus, watching and observing.

Marcus admired in Angus how fiercely he loved his family, and how much he would do for them, how much he would give for them. Right now, though, Marcus saw clearly that Angus was debating on taking a sharp turn, one that he didn't think there might be any turning back from, and he didn't want to see that happen.

"Robert," Marcus said quietly, not taking his eyes off Angus. "I really think Angus has had enough for a couple days. Could we, perhaps, have someone else take care of the kids for just two days. Two days, two nights, and let Angus and Ruby perhaps go to Tuscany, spend just two days with Evan and Tara. I would go, of course, to guard Angus, but I'd keep my distance. The Geldings and Ms. Jeanmarde are in the nick, and, now, so is James. It should be a little quieter for the next 48 hours. Perhaps, letting them have a time out in this little eye in the storm would be welcome and could be healing."  Robert looked at Angus, and then he saw the stress too.

"You're not as alright as I need you to be," Robert said honestly to Angus. "What do you need right now, Angus?"

"You really want to know?" Angus asked.

"If I didn't, I wouldn't have asked."

"I want the casket in the basement at the Gelding house. It's mine. it became mine when they planted me in it and intended me to spend all of eternity in it. I want it," Angus said.

"For what end?" Robert said, feeling pained that Angus would ask for such a horrendous memento.

"Can you do it or not?"

"I can't but Daniella can. Angus, why on earth do you want it?"

"So I can be free of it once and for all!" Angus said, frustrated, tired, angry. Tired of being targeted. Tired of people treating him like he was fragile.

"Alright," Robert sighed. "I'll try to get it. Angus, when have I ever failed you?"

"You haven't, but..."

"Trust me now. Give me a little time, and we'll work this out. In the meantime, a couple days in the sun might be just the ticket. In the meantime, Kate and I will take the babies if Edward and Simone have plans. Or maybe Jack and Jess would brush off their diaper changing skills. Maybe Edward and Simone will keep an eye on the boys since the girls are spending the weekend with Evie and Faith anyway. At any rate, we'd have you covered if you and Ruby want to take a couple days away."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:51 pm

Jack and Jessie both stood and listened to Angus as Robert spoke to him. Jess tending to his wounds as Robert handed Angus the mixture of potions as she heard about them dusting off their baby skills she chuckled and nodded " of course , she's like a neice to us, they both are" Jess said and Jack nodded and moved to Jess's side as she finished tending to the last wound " take the time and rest, enjoy the sun and each others company , healers orders" she said then heard him ask about the casket.

Jessie looked at Marcus then to Jack as Robert spoke about the security but Jack held his hand up to Robert " leave that to us, Lucian can take the day, Jessie doesn't sleep much during the night anyway so he's on nights, as for me I'll check in during the day and sometimes at night, security will be tightened" he assured him Jessie nodded to Robert.

"good with me." he said as Lucian joined them Jack made him stay by the door.

"we need to talk" he simply said and Lucian glanced at Robert as Jack led him away to discuss the arrangement. Leaving Jessie with Jess and Marcus he looked back at Robert at the odd request that Angus had asked for but Jessie would help him get it.

" when we have permission I'll fetch it personally." he said to Robert.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:14 pm

"Don't leave Aria out, Jack. She might enjoy the work and the extra training it provides, along with the extra income," Marcus suggested to Jack.

"Thank you, Jack," Robert said. "I'll get back with you after I get a chance to speak with Daniella."

"Come on, Mate," Marcus said. "Let's get rid of those bloody sweats and get you into fresh clothes." Marcus helped Angus change, and he tossed out Angus's bloodied sweats. He cast a cleaning spell on Angus's shoes to clean them up. "Jessie, I'm going to take Angus home, but when she's ready for some breakfast, how about you either let me know, and I'll come get her, or maybe you could bring her over? We haven't had a chance for breakfast yet, so I'm sure that someone will cook or we'll order out."

"Save your effort," Robert said. "I'll send some over. Zoe was making some breakfast tacos and things. I'm sure there's plenty. Just take him home, warm up and talk about going to Tuscany for a couple days."

"Thank you," Angus told Robert. "And thanks for the patch job, Jess."

Marcus took Angus home.

"We're clear," Marcus told Ruby and Aria. "And Robert is sending over breakfast. Sit, Angus, and I'll get you some coffee. Abbey is probably going to be here for breakfast and until Robert has a chance to come and get her. She's at Jessie's right now, and Cris is entertaining her. We've had a little bit of a discussion with Robert, and we toyed with the idea of a little bit of a break from all of Suzanne's chaos. We discussed just a couple nights away in Tuscany. Might be good to have a bit of sun, and for Angus to have some time with Evan."

"It's not that warm this time of year there," Angus said. "It's chilly. It only reaches about 10 degrees C. as a high temperature on a good day. Not going to do any beach time or pool time right now."

"No but it sure beats snow and ice," Marcus said. "We'd leave the boys and the babies behind since it's just a couple days. There are plenty of people to take care of that."

"It was not my idea," Angus told Ruby, "so we really don't need to go anywhere. It's not that important."

"It was mine," Marcus said. "A change of pace would be a good thing. even if it's only a couple days. I think it would do a lot of good. He's just being a stick in the mud about it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top