A Birth day - Page 29
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 29 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 29 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:10 pm

Ruby heard Edward and smiled " sounds fancy" she said but when he asked her to do a salad to go with the Salmon she nodded and stood up " sure I can do that." she said moving to the kitchen and then to the pantry taking out the ingridiants she made a simple Shirazi Salad to go with the fish.

Next she looked in the fridge to see what she could make to have for desert. finding some left over spong fingers she clicked on the kettle to make coffee using Roberts chocolate orage coffee. One the kettle was done she made a mug of coffee and pored it into a bowl adding the fingers whole once they were all saturated she lay them down and began to make the fillings . Once that was done she made it and sprinkled coco powder and curls of chocolate on top before placing it in the fridge to set.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:26 pm

Angus made his deviled crab and then stuffed the salmon with it and, while the fish baked, he put the potatoes in to bake and then made a beautiful French lemon cream sauce to drizzle over the fish. The sauce used butter, cream, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and it was quick to prepare, but he was sure it was going to be delicious.

Simone set the table and got some drinks ready for everyone. Pip flew over to Angus's shoulder, peering down at the baking dish with the salmon when Angus took it out of the oven. Pip glared hard at the fish, and it made Angus laugh.

"I'll give you a bite, I promise," Angus laughed. He cut off a about a tablespoon of the fish and set it aside to cool.

"He can't eat very much, does he?" Marcus asked.

"Only about 19 grams a day, so I think this little tablespoon of fish will be more than enough for him," Angus said. Angus fed the little bit of fish to Pip who ate it hungrily as if he hadn't eaten in quite awhile. Then he fluttered over to the tree and slipped into his new, unfinished nest for a little nap.

"He's like the rest of us. Full stomach and then a nap," Edward laughed. Angus sliced the salmon and plated it, drizzled the lemon cream sauce over it and garnished it with some chopped fresh parsley before putting the platter of salmon and one with the baked potatoes on the table, along with Ruby's salad. Edward called the boys downstairs, and they came right away.

"How's the puzzle coming?" Edward asked.

"It's complicated," Victor replied.

"We're not worried. We'll have it together by Easter," Sam teased, as they sat down at the table.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:37 pm

Ruby looked up as she cleaned up her work space seeing Pip rest on Angus shoulder and how he put some of the fish asside for him. Once it had coold and Pip had eaten then flew back to his bed and lay down. Ruby chuckled and nodded " thats a good thing" she said smiling as she placed the items she had used into the washer ready to be cleaned.

Aria heard the boys come from upstairs and chuckled when the puzzle was mentioned and that it would be done by easter. " realy that quick" she added teasing a little as she listened to pip move on the nest before finally settling down to sleep. she looked in to the play pen and saw a damp patch , standing she picked up Diamond and looked at Angus " shes sockaed the blanket I'll change her " she said carring her to Caprices room to chage her into a clean diper and clothing.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:55 pm

"Come eat," Angus told everyone else. "She'll eat when she's done fussing with the babies."

"Why does she check them right before we eat?" Sam frowned.

"Because sometimes you really don't want to deal with what's in those diapers just after you eat," Marcus teased.

"Tuck in, Boys, and then pass the fish," Edward told Sam and Victor. They took servings of the fish and passed it and then helped themselves to baked potatoes with creme fraiche and butter, and put some of Ruby's salad on their plates.

"I've never seen a creamy lemon sauce for fish before," Simone said.

"I have to confess it isn't my recipe. I got it from a friend of mine who is a chef in Idaho. They're blessed with some of the finest salmon anywhere, and he created this for the salmon he grills there when they're in season in the spring and in the fall."

"Well, that would explain it. What else is there in Idaho but potatoes?" she asked. Angus laughed out loud.

"Some of the most beautiful forests and rivers and mountains you'll see anywhere," Angus said. "Its perfect for someone who wants an outdoor vacation. Its great for kayaking, skiing, camping, fishing, hiking, all of that. Robert's had the first stringers there a couple of times for suvival trainings."

"Out in the hinterlands in the dead of winter, no doubt," Edward laughed.

"Well, of course," Angus laughed. "I honestly didn't miss going last winter, and I'm hoping he'll give me a pass on this winter too."

"Why?" Sam frowned. "We're looking forward to it."

"Then you and just go and enjoy it," Angus grinned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:00 pm

Aria chuckled as she walked back down hearing the men talking "He right " she said placing Diamond on a clean blanket and back in the now clean playpen with Caprice who giggled and watched her. Moving to the table she smiled at Marcus " I don't want to know that they were feeding that child before her bottle." she simply said and left it at that as she took some food and sat down beside him.

Ruby took some salmon and sat down with the salad to eat she opened a pitcher of juice in case someone wanted any she also brought over a jug of hot chocolate. " this tastes divine" she said to him Aria put her thumbs up she ate.

"just like it would be cooked outdoors" she quickly said with a hand over her mouth as she spoke.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:16 pm

"You're right. You don't want to know," Angus said. Angus knew what the kids said they were fed when they were housed by Gelding's men, but he really had no idea what Gelding served in his own house. He did not expect, though, that the baby got the food she could honestly eat and did not get nearly enough of it. Angus believed Diamond was likely getting too little and it was probably all wrong for her.

As they were eating, Angus heard an explosion from outside. He leaped to his feet, and so did Marcus and Edward. Edward raced to the kitchen windows and started cussing under his breath. He hurried to his place to get his heaviest winter coat, some gloves, and a warm winter hat, along with his axe. Angus and Marcus each got their own winter gear, and when Sam and Victor started to get up, Angus stopped them.

"Not this time. You stay inside," Angus told them. "It's too dangerous. Between the weather and our unvited guests, its far too dangerous. We'll be back." Angus and Marcus and Edward sprinted outside into the storm together. Angus wasn't one bit surprised to see some of the biggest, most aggressive members of James' pack, along with some of Tom's biggest goons.

"Give us the baby," one of them shouted at Angus.

"Take it up with the Wizengamot," Angus shouted. "Get out of here before I send what's left of you home in a matchbox."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:22 pm

Aria chuckled but hearing the exploshion from outside she nd Ruby moved to the playpen Ruby cooped Caprice into her arms and Aria took hold of Diamond in her own. Hearing Angus tell the boys to stay with them she nodded. " we can't so much with the babies you can, it makes sense if we have to get out of here" she said watching Marcus and Angus talking to a figure outside.

She could slightly hear what was being said but not all as she didn't want to give them any clue Diamond was with them. She could only keep Diamond wrapped in her blanket resting against her as Caprice was clinging to Ruby scared not knowing what was going on outside.

Jack had heard the exploshion and walked out in a thick jacket and snow boots his wand at the ready " I sugest you do as the man says and leave, your tresspassing" he called out as he walked over to stand with Angus and Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:33 pm

Michael and Kate came outside too and took places in the yard, wands at the ready, and someone fired at Angus. Marcus fired back quickly, striking the man who fired at Angus, and the man's winter coat caught fire.

"Cheap coat," Marcus said, seeing that it wasn't flame retardant in the least.

"So, working for Tom not working for you, is it?" Angus said. "Are you skint or are you just a cheapskate?

"I'll kill you," the man seethed at Angus. "Give me the kid--now."

"Hm...let me think," Angus said. He took aim and fired a ball of flame at the man's shoes. "Um...no."

"She's not yours," Moira shouted at Angus.

"She is for now," Angus replied.

"Kill him," Moira ordered her pack. "Then get the baby and burn the house to the ground."

"Moira, you've been hanging around James too long. You only know one tune, and its old and tired," Angus told her. "You're not getting the baby, You're not setting the house on fire, and the only one who might die here might be you and your pack." While Angus was taunting Moira, Kate moved over to Jack.

"Can you take out Moira?" Kate asked him quietly. "Tom's thugs can't muster up a tea break without a leader. You take out Moira, and I think this whole thing will fall apart. We don't dare drag this out. It is entirely too cold and dangerous to be out here very long."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:41 pm

Jack saw Kate move over to him but didn't let on as she whispered to him about Moria and gave a slight nod "Shouldn't be a problem" he said switching so he was on her outside as he readied his wand. Slowly moving around to his right he listened as they made their demands and readied his wand. When he found his opening Angus fired at one mans feet he fired at Moria casting Petrificus Totalus on her be fore running out and pulling her up against his body holding her with his arm around her neck " drop the wands and leave or I drop your ring leader" he said and looked to Kate and Angus as he stood holding Moira.

Aria and Ruby watched from inside the building each glancing at Sam and Victor , Aria made sure the to go bag had all the necessities for the babies in it just incase they had to port out in a hurry. " and I was just enjoying a quiet night too" she said rolling her eyes at the irony of it all.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:00 am

When Jack took out Moira and captured her, Angus breathed a sigh of relief. He watched all of James' pack and all of Tom's men freeze in their tracks.

"Nice work, Jack," Angus said under his breath. Angus rather felt they would be at a stalemate now, but to Angus' surprise, out through the trees came some of Fenrir's pack, and they didn't seem phased nearly as much by the bad weather. They almost seemed amused at seeing Moira here with some of Tom's men and some of James.

They took some stances amongst Moira's men and Tom's, effectively assisting Jack by holding the invaders hostage. Then, through the trees, the figure of Fenrir came forward. Angus noticed immediately how damned frightening Fenrir could still look if he intended to. Angus froze, noticing immediately how angry Fenrir clearly was. Angus glanced at Edward who gave Angus a tiny hand signal to not move. Moira and her men were clearly terrified to see him here.

"We're short of fresh meat," Fenrir told Jack, pulling his own version of a ruse, having to trust Jack to go along with it. "We'll just take them. They ought to tide us over for a day or two--after we brine the filth out of their carcasses."

"Don't you stain this land with their foul deeds," Kate said to Fenrir, playing along with him.

"As you like," Fenrir said. He looked at Jack. "We'll help you secure these knobs, but in return you'll help us dispatch them. You help us gather them up and bring that alpha female you've got, and we'll get rid of them all at once." Tom's men and Moiras began looking around, fearing that Fenrir just might put a permanent end to them. Edward looked at Jack and nodded slowly, knowing Fenrir was up to something.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top