A Birth day - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 9 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 9 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:36 pm

Aria shifted on the bed and smiled " yes, yes I do" she told him as she watched him move to shower and dress. " I wouldn't expect anything less from you now or any other time." she said she chuckled when he asked if she was coming with him to check on Angus she nodded to him. " yep, try and stop me, oh and don't get a beard or mustash your hansome enough without one " she told him with a smile as she dressed in a light summer dress and slightly heeled flats. Waking over to him she took his hand in her own and walked with him over to the main house.

Entering she smiled seeing Angus till sleeping. "I'll grab us breakfast" she told him quetly and headed to the kitchen where she found some beignets and fresh coffee " some one knows my weakness" she said softly a she took Two plates . As she entered she herd Angus talking to Marcus , walking over she placed the plat for Marcus next to him along with a cup of coffee. " don't let it get cold " she simply said and moved to one side to sit and eat.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:53 pm

"Thanks," Marcus said. Robert heard Nigel suggest to Ruby to take milk and honey to add to Angus's coffee, but Ruby didn't respond, so Robert mixed a wee bit of honey and milk and added just a touch of a calming potion and took it into the living room.

"Good morning," Robert told Angus. "How are you feeling?"

"Don't know," Angus said. "Not sure how I'm supposed to feel."

"Sounds like you have a whale of a sore throat. Completely understandable. Let's add just a wee bit of milk and honey to your coffee. The honey will help some of that throat pain. We'll get you started on some tea with lemon and honey when you're through with your coffee." He added the milk and honey mixture to Angus's coffee cup and stirred it a couple of times. "That might help a little. I presume Marcus may have told you already but our work here in the States is finished. I'm guessing you have no particular desire to stay any longer in New Orleans?"

"No. None at all," Angus replied.

"Can't blame you. I'm not fond of the idea either, actually," Robert replied. "So, here's the deal. Last night's shenanigans put an unnecessary strain on your heart and lungs and put you at risk for a serious respiratory infection. I think your croaky voice is because of your attempts to get help. I'm not complaining, mind you. I think it's just fact. I think you should take your time this morning, enjoy your coffee, have a little breakfast, and let Marcus help you with getting cleaned up and dressed. There's no hurry. If you feel any chest distress, you stop what you're doing and tell us. When you get ready, we'll take you home. Oh, and, you should know, Evan is planning on going back with us. He wants to stay awhile at Edward's."

"Because of last night?" Angus asked.

"Well, at least partly," Robert nodded. "Is that alright with you?"

"Sure. Why not," Angus shrugged.

"I know Ruby started to cook breakfast because I smelled it," Robert said, "but I don't know if she finished it. If she did, we'll get you a plate. If not, you might have to settle for a beignet. Lee brought some in fresh from Cafe du Monde."

"Its fine," Angus said, not sure he was hungry. "She probably needs some space this morning."

"I want you to get some food this morning," Robert told him.

"I will," Angus replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:00 pm

Ruby had heard Robert and looekd at him not quite taking in what he had said as she cooked breakfast now done she brught out two plates, one for Angus and one for Robert " sorry about before mind was else wer, its good to see you awake " she said to Angus and lightly kissed his cheek with a smile. Seeing Aria sat on her own she smiled and spoke to Robert " I'll be with Aria to give you some space" she told him and moved to st with Aria who was now sipping her coffee.

Aria had watched Marcus and Robrt with Angus and smiled as Ruby moved to sit with her. " hes doing fine" she said placing her now empty plate beside her and picking up hr coffee" takes time to get over something like that" she saw Ruby nod and look over at him. She folowed Rubys gaze and smiled " he has good freinds around him, he'll be fine so stop worrying" she told her making Ruby chuckle.

"that obvious?" she asked and saw Aria nod.

"like a tubbed toe" she said making Ruby laugh out loud.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:14 pm

"Thanks," Angus said to Ruby when she brought him a plate.

"I'll make sure he tucks into it in a moment," Marcus told her. Marcus helped Angus with his plate. Angus didn't entirely finish, but he had all he wanted, enough that Robert was satisfied. Marcus helped Angus wash up and dress in loose, comfortable clothing. He suggested Angus wear just a pair of lightweight gray cotton drawstring trousers, and a plain white v neck cotton tee, with his slip on shoes. Then he made sure Angus had a shave, and he packed Angus's bag to be ready to head home. They hadn't said much of anything, and Marcus could tell Angus was miles away in his thoughts. Marcus believed that the sooner they got home the better.

While Marcus had Angus in the bedroom, one of Lee's men brought a package to the door, and knocked. Robert answered the door, and Lee recognized the agent. He took the package and the agent left.

"I'm sure this is for Angus," Lee said. "It's Iya's handwriting."

"Would you like to open it for him, Ruby?" Robert asked, handing her the package.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:22 pm

Ruby smiled to Marcus and nodded " I know you will" she said she was happy they packed and headed home to the duplex. Once there she placed all the dirty washing to wash and then looked at Robert as an agent knocked at the door. walking over when he mentioned package she nodded and smiled " of course. " she said and placed it down on a table, opening it she found several candles and a letter to Angus from Lya " Robrt this is adressed to Angus would you mind taking it to him while I ight the candles they do smell wonderful" she said as she lit the first one and moved to place down the rest.

Aria had helped Ruby pack then gone to pack her own things and Marcus too making sure to fold thm perfectly neat knowing how maticulus he was with his clothing. Now don she walked over to the main house and stood waiting. Once at the duplex she placed down Marcus bag and her own looking and waiting while she knew Marcus was tending to Angus. " um.. where do I put our bags?" she asked  seeing the box she moved to beside Ruby and smiled smelling the candles as she opend the box. " I'll help put them out" she said.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:44 pm

Angus wasn't listening to much, and in the end, Marcus had simply picked up his bag and Angus's and had ported him home when the others ported home.

"I'll get the bags in a bit," Marcus told her, just setting the bags down in the living room. Angus just sort of wandered off. He picked up his cigarettes and his lighter and went outside in the back yard to walk. He wasn't outside long before Marcus saw Edward go out and join Angus.

The kids came home, and they came in very quietly, not wanting to disturb Angus if he were sleeping.

"He's outside with Edward, Guys," Marcus told them. "I think its fine to just be yourselves."

"Is he okay?" Anise went to the windows to look out at Edward and Angus.

"He's doing better than I thought he would be," Marcus replied. "Still, let's not rattle his chain too hard today, alright?" The kids nodded, understanding. "Oh, and he sounds like he has laryngitis from all the shouting he did last night, so if you expect him to shout today, I don't see that happening."

"So we shouldnt set the house on fire or something," Sam teased.

"Yeah, wait til tomorrow to burn the place down," Marcus laughed.

"I'll put it on my schedule,' Sam laughed. "Oh, look. Mail." He picked up a stack of mail from the desk where someone had put it while they were gone. There were letters from Dennis for the girls, some bills, and an envelope for Marcus. "There's one for you, Marcus."

"Me?" Marcus frowned. He took the envelope and opened it and read it, becoming angry. He didn't say anything at first. Then he handed the letter to Ruby. "Check this out. Typical cheeky bullshit. It happens all the bloody time." It was a letter from Evelyn, complaining about the 'inhumane treatment' at Jeffrey's, telling Marcus how much she loved him, how much she's always loved him, and telling him that she's set a date and bought a wedding gown to do a proper vow renewal with him. Marcus was irked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:53 pm

Ruby looked at the kids as they walked in and smiled looking at where Angus hadn gone and Edward followed. Aria listened to Marus and placed the bags to one side out of the way. Hearing them enter Aria stood up and looked as Ruby moved to the kids and hugged each one. Aria heard Marcus and walked over to him with Ruby who took the letter from Evelyn. " sheesh you'd think she was in a prison, I've been there and it's not." she said to Aria. Aria looked at Marcus and shook her head.

"Your ex that deluded she'd think you'd remarry her?" she asked reading further of the letter "She's set a date and bought a wedding gown?" Aria said looking up at him. " looks like some one needs to set her right on a few things." Aria said handing the letter back to Marcus. " if she won't take no from you maybe she'll take it from someone else."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:15 pm

"Yes. She is, and she's almost my ex--not quite my ex yet," Marcus said. "I filed the paperwork, and they granted my petition based on the evidence. She didn't have a case to present, but her attorney tried to use the excuse that I needed to stay in it to take care of her. Well, of course that didn't wash. So, it's been granted, but there is a sixty day window that I have to wait, and if no one contests the decision, then it's final. It's a bit bizarre, but I have one more week to wait. So, honestly, this could be her warning shot that she intends to contest it. I know she's not being mistreated. I saw her room. It isn't a luxury room, but without my financial support, she's not going to be able to afford a luxury room long term. It's a nice room, but it certainly isn't five star. She'll be fine. If she's waiting for me to renew my vows with her, then she's gonna have a long time to wait. I'll send a note to Jeffrey. Once our divorce is final, I do not want her being permitted to send any notes to me or my kids. But--just for the record, I do not intend for that to stop our weekend away. We're still going to go--whatever weekend you want to go. I thought about maybe one of those little island properties Angus says is so good for that sort of thing."

The air was filled with crackling sounds, and Marcus looked out the kitchen window.

"Oh, good. It's Tara with the girls. And Evan's going out to meet them. You'd have thought he was gone for a year," Marcus smiled, seeing Tara and the girls drop their bags and run to Evab and wrap themselves around him in a big family hug. "I dont get the sense he leaves his family very often. "I bet your kids are going to be glad to see Evie and Faith. Im sure when the girls get done greeting their dad, they'll be coming over and looking for your four.

"Speaking of kids," Marcus continued, "I presume Angus will be okay if you go get Caprice--unless she gets really noisy and cranky, but if she starts to get on his nerves, I'll try to take him outside or something. I presume Robert will be over to see him a couple of times today, so I'll talk to him when he comes over next about that."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:23 pm

Aria stood and listened to Marcus talk of Evelyn and how she was deluded if she thought he would renew his vows with her , she llistened again as he spoke of how she ws living , " dosn't sound too bad , I've spent the night in worse places" she said then as he spoke again she smirked " sounds perfect, but as you said lets get Angus back on form again before we think of that and I never once thought it would." she said smiling to him a she looked to se Evan and his family appear " maybe like you he needed to destress" she said patting his chest as she spoke then smiled.

"Ruby heard Aria and chuckled " shes right , its not hat bad, my room had a balcony becuse I as trusted, hers not so much , I'm betting its padded but she will get meals and be able to shower and watch TV." she head th aerating and smiled " Im glad they came , Ginger and Anise could use some oen their own age right now" she said and walked to the back door " Tara, good to see you Im glad you came" she said walking over to her and giving her a hug. " we'll talk to Robrt about getting a cabin built for you guys soon" she said leading them inside as she heard Marcus mention Caprice. " I'll fetch her and finn." she said and headed over to Jessie nd Yu's house.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:32 pm

"Can we go find them?" Evie asked.

"Go ahead," Evan smiled. The girls ran off, and Evan shouldered their bags and Tara's. "What didyou pack in here?" He frowned at Tara.

"I packed for both of us. You only had your training gear, remember?"

"Oh, yes. I forgot. Thank you, my dear," he kissed her cheek. "Ruby, how about Tara and I buy lunch for us? We found a place in London that make some incredible submarine sandwiches--especially the footlong ones."

"Oh, I have a menu in my bag," Tara said, reaching to get it out of the bag.

"When you get back with the baby, maybe we can take some orders, and Tara and I can go fetch some and all kinds of different flavors of crisps," Evan said to Ruby. "What do you think?"

"I think it sounds great," Marcus said. He wasn't usually a big eater, but the subs sounded great to him. He looked at Aria. "I might go for a run in the meantime. There's a great outdoor running track here. You wanna come with?"

"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top