A Birth day - Page 54
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 54 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 54 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 54 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:35 pm

Aria looked between Ruby and Angus and chuckled "it's okay and no I'm not going that high and wow Marcus can teach me to walk in hels?" she said and smiled " I think I'll ask him for help when he's back and the time is right" she said, " no rush though." Ruby looked to Angus and shook her head. Aria smiled again as she heard him mention Ezra " your right guess he would have run me out by now if they didn't like me" she said.

Walking to the kitchen she poured three cups of tea and walked over to Angus "Here, I'll ask Marcus since Khaat is super busy these days I'm sure he'll be okay with helping" she said calmly to him then she walked to Ruby and handed to her a cup. " and it's noted that not all women know how to walk in heels, I want to learn I guess for my confidence that and I'd like to go with Marcus to maybe one of the soiree he goes to and be able to make an impression in heels and not the princess flats Im used to." she added.

Ruby looked at Angus and nodded she understood "Sorry guess traveling got to me" she said and smiled as Aria gave her a cup of tea. She thanked her and sat sipping it enjoying the quiet.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:53 pm

"Thanks," Angus said. "Yeah, I got the impression things are different in Bulgaria than they are here. I guess the Minister of Magic has three daughters and four sons, and, from what Marcus said, the Minister and his wife have insisted that the kids all know proper deportment. So, they're all taught proper table etiquette, posture, poise and walking, multiple languages, musical instruments, quidditch, riding skills, music appreciation, art history, literature, fine wine appreciation, and a number of other skills. He says it can get intense at times. Makes me glad I don't have to know that folderol. So far as I know, we don't require our ministers and their families to do that here, although, if you ask me the knucklehead that's in charge now could use some of those lessons. They were better with Robert."

Marcus spoke briefly with David and with Robert and arranged with Khaat to guard her while David was benched for his injuries. When he was finished, he came back to the duplex.

"Well, it isn't quite as bad as I thought perhaps it might be, but I might be on duty with Khaat for the next two or three days," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:06 pm

Aria listened to Angus and nodded "Exactly my point and, well I'm with Marcus for the long hall so I want to learn all I need and I certainly don't know all, that stuff ..yet" she said smiling as Marcus returned "that's good to know, so you start guarding her tomorrow?" she asked "I'll stay with Angus and Ruby while you're with Khaat, I know what needs to be done, " she said handing him to a cup of coffee this time " I know your not keen on tea" she said smiling.

Ruby smiled " Aria would like to learn some etiquette lessons" she said to Marcus making Aria blush as Ruby explained . " she would like to learn to walk in heels, Agus said you taught Khaat so thought you would not mind teaching Aria." she asked finishing her tea and taking the cup to the sink and washing it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:13 pm

"Thank you. Actually, I like both," Marcus told Aria. "Yes, I'll be with her all day from the time she leaves the house til the time she comes home, and, if she stops at Sparks, that can be a very long day. Sometimes they can go til midnight or later--just so you know. Not to worry if I'm not home by five or six. Maybe Angus or Jessie or Jack could get you started on the beginner's obstacle course. They'll have to change the settings on that for you. It's a simple enchantment, and once you know it, you can change it for yourself. But it might be a good way to get your feet wet a little."

Marcus listened to Ruby saying Aria wanted to learn to walk in heels.

"Khaat sort of knew," Marcus said, "but it felt awkward to her, so I just sort of taught her what I'd seen the women taught in Bulgaria. If it helps, though, I don't mind telling you what I know. When you want to learn, Aria, just go get your heels. I think you'll get it pretty quickly, actually. It might take some practice once you have the trick to it, but I don't think its all that hard."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:19 pm

Aria heard Marcus and nodded " okay I'll ask them" she said " and you so know I won't worry" she added with a smile to him trusting his abilitys. Aria smiled and nodded when he said he cold teach her what she needed to know abut walking in heels " um I'd have to take a trip to one of those muggles stores as I don't actualy own any heels." she said Ruby looked at Aria and stood up.

"hold on I think were both the same size " she said heading to her closet in their room. Taking ut a pair of patent black heels she walked back down to the living room and held them out to Aria " you can have these I don't ue them and haven't worn them" Aria took them and slipped off her flats slipping her feet into them.

Aria now stood up but as soon a she took a step over she went falling right oneot Marcus lap " sorry, told you I'd never worn heels, what with four brothers never saw the need" she said wobbling as she pushed her self back up and then fell back into her seat. Ruby looked to Angus and Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:32 pm

"Well, first, let's fix this," Marcus said. He flicked his finger at the shoes to adjust the fit so that they precisely fit her. "An improper fit can cause trouble. That should be better." He stood up and stood in front of her and reached his hands out ot her. "Take my hands, make sure your weight is evenly distributed in your shoes before you stand up and then stand up."

When she was on her feet, he let go of one of her hands and walked to her side and adjusted her posture just a wee bit. "Now, proper posture. That's a must. That's better. You can even lean back just a tiny bit if it helps. Here's the trick to walking. Small steps. The bigger the step, the more you throw your own balance off, so small steps.

"Here's how it's done. I've got you so relax. It's a heel-toe movement. Heel, then toe, so put your weight on your right foot so you can take a step with your left. Put your left foot out just a little and put the heel down on the floor first. Then roll your foot forward so you can put the ball of your foot on the floor too. Use your core to keep yourself straight. Remember, the higher the heel, the shorter the step. When you feel you have your balance, shift your weight to your left foot and repeat that with your right."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:41 pm

Aria breathed out as she watched him resize the shoes then she took his hands and stood back up to face him. This time only wobbling slightly as he adjusted her stance from behind. " oh, its like with using a wand efficantly, stance is important" she said as she lent slightly back and found her self less wobbly. She bit her lip as she took a step forward all be it a small one onto her right foot then paused as she them repeated with her left but her ankle wobbled , she quickly held out her hands to steady herself then she slowly repeated it " hey Im walking in heels " she said " well only about a few inches but I did it" she said and smiled.

Ruby Sat and watched as Aria finally took her first al be it tentative steps in heels and smiled " Im assuming the more she walks in the the more balance and confident she'll get in them, right?" she asked watching as Aria took another step but tillted to her right and grasped hold of Marcus hand.

Aria tried another step but wobbled and ratched out for Marcus hand " almost" she said then sat down "this is hard, I don't know how Khaat does it every day." she said sliping them off and placing her flats back on
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:51 pm

"Yes, you're right. Stance is very important. Some Friday night, watch the women coming out of the Leaky at closing time and you'll see just what disasters they are with too many pints in their bellies. They've got no stance at all, and I can promise you that Khaat and Robert both have put more than one of them in a cast or an elastic bandage from some ankle injury because they thought they could get completely bombed and still wear their heels.

"Now it just takes practice before it feels natural, but eventually, it'll feel natural and you won't even think about it. You'll find that leg exercise to strengthen your calves and also improve the stretch in your legs will make a world of difference. The next time you see Khaat out at the pool, take a look at those legs. She's actually pretty short. She's 5'3 or 5'4, I forget exactly which, but she has, for her height, long legs, and they're actually very muscular. That's how she walks in those mile high shoes every day. Keep working at it, and you'll have it in no time."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:00 pm

Aria smiled and nodded then chuckled "Oh wow, okay" she said then she heard him mention Khaat's legs and leg stretches "I never thought doing those would make a difference, okay, I'll put those on my routine excersise list" she said then smiled as he spoke of Khaat and how he could not fathom how she walks in the heels she did every day " okay I'll keep practicing" she said " maybe one day you'll be admiring my legs " she said with a chuckle making Ruby chuckle too.

Ruby looked out the window and smiled seeing the first spots of rain " looks like rain" she said noticing it pick up " would that mean the kids are due home or are they undecover with wor today?" she asked as the rain picked up hitting against the window. " maybe we should make some soup incase they come back soaked?" she asked Angus .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:12 pm

Marcus laughed out loud when she said maybe someday he'd admire her legs too.

"My dear, you don't need to compete with anybody," he told her. "I don't know that I necessarily admire her legs. I was merely making an observation about how all that toning has helped her to wear really stupidly tall shoes. I like how a woman looks in heels, but sensible heels, if there is such a thing. I don't think they need to be four or five or six inches high. I don't think anybody should wear those sorts of heights, but that's just my opinion.

"The kids are with Evie and Faith today," Angus said. "When they finished their training, they went to Tuscany with Evan to spend some fun time with the girls. When I checked the forecast this morning before we took the boat back, it said Tuscany was going to be sunny all day, so I'm betting they're fine. Evan said he'd make sure they were back by bedtime, so I'm thinking we don't need to count on them for supper. Why don't you let me worry about supper? I think I can manage it--if I get on it pretty soon."

He went to the kitchen and made some dough and rolled out three large sheets of dough, and he floated them up over his head in the kitchen so the dough would dry. Then he got some chicken out and put the pieces in a large stock pot with garlic, onion, carrots, celery and fresh herbs to make a stock. While that was cooking, he peeled a large batch of potatoes, cut them up into chunks and put them in a pot of water to boil.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top