A Birth day - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 8 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:03 pm

Aria sat and listened as Marcus continued telling her about the history of Robert and his organisation "Yeah Im confused, but not at fighting Gelding that's obviuos, I'm just wondering how I join" she said "And your talking about suzzane and Reginald Tyler right, I wondered why they, well he went quiet." she looked up at him and pondered a question before she asked " and you work for him too?" she asked " in this constant battle between Tom gelding and the child trafficking?" she paused and brushed her hair off her face " so realistically today we were fighting Suzzane Ty...sorry Gelding." she clarified " wow I need a strong drink to take all this in." she stood up and moved to stand behind the couch " I work..sorry worked for the ministry they don't know I was here for this. would I have to give that up, and now I'm part of this team like you?".

Ruby sat in the kitchen and heard Aria talking she smiled at Robert " I think Marcus has told her why today happened in more detail, you going to let her join?" she asked Robert.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:21 pm

"When Robert hired me, I had already been gone from the ministry and the espionage unit for a long time. I was working as the bodyguard for the Bulgarian Minister of Magic and his family. Robert called me and hired me when James Blood got obsessed with Khaat," Marcus said. "Let's face it. She's a beautiful woman. And James kidnapped her and did some sort of pack ritual that he believes makes her his wife. The issue is complicated because Khaat was almready married when that happened, and she has absolutely no desire to have anything to do with James. So, James just keeps coming, over and over, to try to claim her because he refuses to consider that she is not his wife. My initial job was to protect her from James. And I still do that from time to time. However, Angus has had a couple of damned close shaves, courtesy of Suzanne, and that's how Angus and i got to be close mates. I saved his behind a time or two, and he trusts me. So, Robert hired another guard for Khaat and he keeps me right now on Angus. Technically, I have been hired, on occasion, as a consultant for the ministry when they've had dangerous assignments that called for my particular skill set, but Robert would prefer I not be taken away for things like that any more than absolutely necessary.

"Understand that Angus is extremely valuable to Robert. Angus is the only one, besides Robert, that has access to all the Lupin property and assets, all the bank accounts--Robert's, Khaat's, and Brian's. He runs Brian's estate, manages Robert's farm, manages the books for the Colorado property, manages the assets of the organization. Angus has the keys to the kingdom, so to speak. He does the hiring and firing of every employee on every property they own. He's made every property self sustaining. They each have their own private security team. They're all unplottable. Angus is not someone Robert can afford to lose. Not to mention that, as far as the Tyler kids all go--Jessie and Ruby included--Angus is the one that opened the door for them to finally be free of their parents' abuse and to be actually happy. They dont' want anyone to touch him any more than Robert does.

"If you're serious. If you really want to join, I'll talk to Robert for you--but, you need to think about it because you need to ask yourself if you're ready to stop leading your own team and join a different team with a completely different mission. Personally, I think its a better mission, but only you can decide which mission is the one for you."

"I would normally care a great deal about that, Ruby," Robert said. "However, Aria's record is a good one. And, second, it's late. I'm tired, and I'm far more concerned at just seeing Angus through the next 24 hours or so to see how he's going to be when I can finally let him wake up."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:29 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and nodded knowing he was right it ws a big desishion to move from one squa to another. " your right I need to think about it tonight, I have to admit I enjoyed working with every one and there are some aspects I do not want to let go easily" she said " but saying that thinking about the pros and cons will make my decishion, also its late and we ned to think about getting Angus back on his feet again." she smiled at him as she finished . " so for right now I think we should let sleping Angus's ly" she said.

Ruby nodded to Robert as he spoke " agreed its been a long exausting day, Im glad he can findlly sleep without any interuptions." she stood and pored another cup for Robert and chuckled " why don't you get some rest, marcus is standing watch and Im sure Aria will not leave his side ether if anything happens Im sure they will wake you, you can take our bed Im not going to sleep. " ." she said placing her hand on his shoulder.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:44 pm

Marcus smiled. "I think that's a very wise thought," Marcus said to her.

"He was actually pretty panicky, but I think that was really completely normal under the circumstances," Robert said. "I can't imagine any of us would have coped any better What he's dealing with, medically, is asphyxiation. She nearly killed him by suffocation. If Evan hadn't gotten him out precisely when he did, we might be having a different conversation tonight. What Angus had to deal with was a monstrous strain on his heart and lungs. I'm going to want to keep a very tight watch on him for awhile. He won't be running and training for a bit until I see how his body is going to recover. I expect his nerves to be raw for a bit, and I'm sure he's going to need some time to deal with it in his head, to get his brain wrapped around it. I do believe he will be the same old Angus we all know and love, but he may have some work to do to get there.

"Nigel is here, and I'm sure he and I won't even consider leaving him. Honestly, he isn't going to wake until morning. The sedative is going to keep him asleep until at least 6 or 7 this morning, and you might well be able to be helpful to him once he's awake. So, you'd actually be more help to us if you did go to bed and be fresh and rested and not looking to him like you've been up all night. He'll see it, you know, if you do stay up. That will only worry him. You should give second thought to staying up, given these circumstances," Robert told her.

"Robert has told me that when he gets back from a little break to eat, he's going to spell me for a couple hours," Marcus said quietly to Aria. "So, do you suppose we could find something to do for a wee bit during that couple of hours before I need to be back here?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:55 pm

Aria heard Marcus and nodded when he said it was a wise decision for her to wait to decide what to do, whether stay at the ministry or join Robert's group. Hearing Marcus she chuckled and smiled at him. " well you know where I am becuse there are a few things I know that we can do could do" she said with a grin.

Ruby heard Robert and nodded " your right, sleep does sound good right now, I feel like I have been awake for a week." she said and chuckled "That normal?" she asked as he spoke of Nigel she relaxed then nodded to Robert " your right," she said sighing " sleep sounds perfect but I need a shower first I still have her blood on my clothes so I seriusly need a shower" She stood up and walked over to him giving him a hug " thank you" she said and headed to the bathroom to shower grabbing a change of clothing as she went.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:03 pm

"I'll keep it in mind," Marcus laughed.

"It's perfectly normal. I think Kate said Evan is going to go back to the hotel for a little. You really should see if you could get the kids to go with him, get some showers, get some sleep, that sort of thing. They need the rest, and we need the house to get quiet for him. He's not going anywhere. When you get out of the shower, have a quick word with them, will you?" Robert asked.

Outside, Edward sensed that Evan was feeling better but was tiring, winding down. Edward was feeling the same. He yawned, feeling ready for a little shut eye.

"I think I'm going to go find my better half and see if she's ready to get some sleep while he's resting," Edward said. "You should do the same, Evan. We all should."

"Yeah, You're right," Evan said. "I'll check in with the kids to see if they're ready to go for a bit."

Nigel came into the kitchen, grabbed a sandwich, and opened it. "Turkey. That works." He opened the fridge. "Oh look. Champagne mustard. That's even better." He put some of it on his sandwich, grabbed a pear out of the fruit bowl and tucked it in his pocket, poured himself some coffee and took it back into the living room so he could stay with Angus.

"Seems like everyone is finally winding down," Marcus said. "That's good. Everyone's had a hard day."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:23 pm

Aria chuckled and patted his shoulder "Well come find me when you're ready " she said and moved to kiss his cheek. Ruby stopped and nodded to Robert " of course I will do" she said and headed to shower and change she passed Nigel as he entered the kitchen where Robert was and she smiled " thank you Nigel" she said smiling as she heads to the bedroom to shower and change.

Aria crossed the yard to the house and slipped into it, walking to the bathroom she turned on the shower . Stepping under he was relived to feel the warm water against her sweaty skin now she thought about what had happened from begining to end and if she wanted to stay, if she did she would certainly see Marcus again bt if she left it would be few snd far between seeing him and that was a difficult thing for her. As she washed away the days sweat she smiled deciding she would stay with Robrts group and ask him in the morning. Now clean she dfressed in a light pair of PJs and moved to the bed laying down she lay thinking about all that had happened , mostly between herself and Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:38 pm

"Any time," Nigel said, always glad to be a little part of Robert's quirky little crew. "I've got him, Marcus. Go take a break. It's a strong sedative. He's not going to be awake for a while."

"If he does wake, please call me," Marcus said.

"Of course," Nigel said. Marcus went over to the house he was sharing with Aria, made sure the doors and windows were locked because it was habit, and he took a shower to freshen up. He had no intention of bothering to dress when he knew he was going to be undressing in a moment, so he simply put on his robe and came out into the bedroom.

He laid down on the bed beside her and kissed her.

"Finally," he said. "we've got a couple of hours to ourselves and a very unlikely chance of being interrupted. Now, where were we?"

Edward and Simone went back to the house where they'd been staying, and Kate made a fast trip back to where she and Robert and Michael had been staying. Michael was already there and was already in bed, asleep. Kate showered and changed and packed a change for Robert to take back to him and then went back to the bayou house.

Evan persuaded the kids to come with him to go get a shower and some sleep. They had been reluctant to leave Angus, so it had taken Evan a bit to persuade them, but they had finally relented and had gone with him.

For the moment, it left Robert and Nigel alone with Angus. They sat down, each with a newspaper and their coffee, to try to pass the time and let Angus rest in the quiet.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:48 pm

Aria heard the front door of the house open and close then someone lock it, she ahd decided that since it was a hot night she would just stay under the sheet out of her PJ's she heard footsteps go to every window and then the bathroom . she smiled as she sa whim enter then lay down with her. Aria returned his kiss and smiled " Justwwherewe should be" she said softly to him.

Ruby heard Evan persuade the kids to go shower and sleep and she left him to it as she headed to the bedroom and lay down falling asleep quickly in the all too big bed.

The next morning she woke early and began cooking breakfast for everyone making shre not to wake anyone while she did.

Aria curled against Marcus and tried to get a bit more sleep but knew the day had started as she smelt cooking waft from the other house. Looking at Marcus she smiled seeing how peaceful to her he looked sleeping next to her just under the sheet "Morning" she said softly as she brushed some lose hair off his face liking the ruff morning hair he had along with his six a clock shadow of a beard " you might want to shave today, I got carpet burn in places a lady shouldn't have " she said and chuckled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:48 am

"That's all that testosterone that you love so much. So, I take it you would prefer that i not get any ideas about a mustache or a beard. And here I was considering the bad boy look." He laughed, teasing her. He got up, washed, shaved and dressed. He packed his bag, believing that Robert was not going to waste any time. He believed Robert would be taking Angus straight home as soon as he could get him awake enough to do it. "I need to see to Angus. The more distressed he is about something, the more closed he becomes. It's how he protected himself from his damned abusive parents when he was a boy. He's learned that, no matter what, I've got him. So  they're going to want me to help him through at least his first couple hours this morning. Are you coming?" he asked her.

Over at Angus's, Robert had showered and shaved and changed into the fresh clothes that Kate had brough after she had gone home and changed. She had asked Lee if someone would be kind enough to bring some fresh beignets as a special treat. Lee had shown up with them himself, with enough beignets to feed a small army. His ulterior motive was to check on Angus and to update Robert. Kate let him in, and Lee saw Angus asleep still in the living room, and Robert was sipping on a cold cup of burned coffee, left from last night, while Nigel was in a light doze in a chair not far from Angus.

"How is he?" Lee asked quietly, handing Robert the big box of fresh beignets.

"Thank you. They'll appreciate these. Still asleep," Robert said, floating the box of beignets out to the kitchen. "I don't expect him to wake for another couple hours. What's the news?"

"Priscilla has been shouting curses at anyone and everyone she can think of, all night long. And, as for her followers, we have arrested and jailed a total of 125 of them."

"Really!" Robert was impressed.

"I honestly think we got the lot of them," Lee said. "The muggle president is pleased and sends his thanks to you and your crew for the assist. The rest of your crew is alright?"

"Yeah. And for some of them being so young into it, I think they came through with flying colors."

"Glad to hear it," Lee said. "I thank you too--and every one of your crew, for a job well done."

"I'll pass it on."

"So what now?"

"I need to get my bunch home--especially this one," he gestured to Angus. "They need their own routine and familiar English soil," Robert said. He saw Marcus come in.

"Good morning," Marcus said to Lee and Robert. "Can I get you some fresh coffee?"

"No, but you can stay while i go get some for myself," Robert said. "I need to stretch my legs."

"Of course," Marcus said. Robert hadn't been gone from the room for more than about 30 seconds when Angus started to wake with a little bit of a jolt, a little rattled before he even got his eyes open. Marcus went over and sat on the arm of Angus's chair, and he laid his hand on Angus's to calm him. Angus finally opened his eyes, looking around, trying to figure out where he was.

"Good morning. Welcome back," Marcus said, feeling Angus clutch tight to his fingers, still rattled from the last he remembered. "Give yourself a moment. You're safe. You're back at the bayou house. We got her, and everyone is just fine."

"We got her?" Angus asked, his voice nothing more than a whispering croak.

"Yes," Marcus smiled. "She's sitting this morning in a cell. Actually, Ruby and Evan got her. And, we got every single one of her followers--a very full net indeed last night. I am sure that Suzanne is seething this morning."

"Good," Angus replied.

Lee got up and went into the kitchen and poured a mug of coffee and took it into the living room and handed it to Marcus.

"Thanks," Marcus said. "How about a sip of some fresh coffee, Angus?"

"It's morning?" Angus questioned.

"Yeah. Just half past six," Marcus said, feeding Angus a couple tiny sips of coffee. Angus swallowed the coffee, his throat feeling raw and very sore, and it hurt to swallow.

"I don't remember getting out," Angus said. "How did I get out? Nobody could hear me..." The memory of being trapped was still very real for him.

"Gently. Breathe," Marcus soothed. "Kate found you with her seers' abilties, and she and Evan and Aria and Robert got you out. You were in a state of shock, so no wonder you don't remember. It was a damned horrendous thing. Robert and I brought you back here. Robert wanted you to sleep, so you've been right here since we brought you home."

"You're sure we got her?"

"Absolutely sure," Marcus said. "It's over. Case closed, mission accomplished."

"And Ruby and Evan and the kids?"

"Fine. Everyone's fine," Marcus reassured him. "Just worried about you. They'll be even better when they see for themselves that you're alright."

Robert looked in from the kitchen and saw Marcus talking to Angus and feeding him small sips of coffee. Marcus was clearly being very calm and reassuring with him. Robert couldn't have prescribed better at that point than just what Marcus was doing.

"Ruby," Robert said softly. "Look. It looks like Angus is awake. Marcus is being very gentle with him. When you go see him, try your best not to overwhelm him. Quiet and calm is the key for at least a bit this morning, and only for a moment. I want him to get some food and some fresh clothes. We'll see how he does with that. We're giong to need to go one step at a time for the first hour or so. If he does alright, I think we may go home this morning. That would do him good."

"Your boy sounds congested and croaky," Nigel said, yawning as he came into the kitchen for coffee.

"Yeah," Robert said. "Doesn't surprise me one bit. I expected that. That's what comes from spending part of your night underground in contaminated, swamp water saturated soil."

"We could take him some tea with lemon and honey," Nigel said. "That certainly would help."

"Wait on that a little. He isn't one to switch to tea before he's had a cup of plain black coffee," Robert said with an amused smile. "However, he might let us add a bit of milk and honey to his coffee--if we could talk him into it. Marcus is working on giving him at least a few sips of it black, so maybe he'll let us buggar up the rest of that cup in a moment or two."

"Maybe you're the woman for that job, Ruby," Nigel suggested.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top