A Birth day - Page 35
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 35 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 35 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 35 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:36 pm

Ruby nodded "Okay. I'll go sit with her and keep her calm." she said heading to make some tea then carying it over to the other boat " here this will kep you calm " she said smiling to her " so how long do you have left?" she asked " I am a mom myself" she said smiling to her as she watched the woman sip her tea then tell her this was their first and that her boy freind had decided to take them on a boating trip but had not counted that she would be this far along, she was still a few weeks away bit close enough that she could go into labor. At this Ruby looked at Angus down in the small engine room as he tended to the downed man.

"will he be ok?" she asked and Ruby shrugged " I don't know but hes breathing and thats a plus" she said and smiled to her " you focus on yoursef and the baby."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:54 pm

Angus went to the bridge and checked the radio. He got it working within a minute or two. Clearly, the man hadn't known how to operate it. He didn't know what was going on with the engine, but at the moment, it was in pieces on the lower deck.

It wasn't long before he could hear another boat in the distance. He found a pair of binoculars on their bridge, and he used it to see that the speedboat from Edward's company was approaching. He came down fron the bridge.

"They'll be here in a couple minutes. I could see them with the binoculars," Angus said.

"Will they be able to help?" the woman asked Angus.

"Yes, though how they help will be up to them, naturally. I'm sure they'll probably take you both to Tuscany," Angus said. "Is this your boat?"

"No," she said. "Rental."

"Have either of you don't much boating?"

"No," she said. "A mate where he works told him there was nothing to it. Just turn the key and go, he said. So we watched a couple videos online and thought we knew enough to take it out for just a few hours. Maybe we were wrong."

"Maybe," Angus said. doing his best to be gentle. He wanted to call them nitwits, but he resisted the urge. "I'd better go help them get tied on so they can come aboard." He went forward to give the rescue boat a hand.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:00 am

Ruby saw and heard when Angus got the radio working but also hard a boat aproching off in teh distance she smiled and glanced st Angus when the woman spok of it being easy to sail a boat her smile became a wince but nodded to Angus when he said he would help tie up their boat to the speed boat. " okay" she said simply and smiled to the woman " not long now, you and your boyfreind will soon be safe in the harbour, but might I make a sugestion? next time stay on dry land, sailing isnt as easy as men like my husband make it look , hes had years of training and still gets caught out some times." she said and saw the woman smile and nod.

"I don't think I'll be sailing for a long time now" she said Ruby smiled at her and nodded.

"good choice" she said and together they chuckled as they watched Angus tye up their ship to the boat from the rental company.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:18 am

Angus helped the rescue boat tie on, and then he helped the men bring over medical equipment. And as part of the team went to see to the man in the engine room and a couple went to talk to the girlfriend, Angus was not at all surprised to see that his own brother Tyler was amongst them.

"Well," Tyler said. "I guess I'll have to tell Edward to stand down, won't I? We heard you had an emergency at sea, so Edward told us to get the lead out and get here pronto to find out just what sort of emergency you could not sail yourself out of. I'll have to tell him to put his heart back in his chest where it belongs and take a breath. So, what's the situation?"

"First time sailor takes out a yacht, doesn't know even how to manage the radio. Believdes the engine malfunctioned and disassembled the engine. I think he had a heart attack in the process, and his girlfriend is ready to deliver their baby at any moment."

"Well, shit," Tyler sighed. "Alright. We'll get it from here."

"I'll have to untie her..."

"Don't untie her," Tyler frowned quickly.

"From my boat, you nitwit," Angus said. "You lot can tie her onto your boat

"Oh," Tyler replied. "We've got a tug coming. We thought we were towing the houseboat."

"Well, no wonder Edward having a conniption. Do tell him I'm fine, won't you?"

"Captain Donohue, permission to untie this vessel from yours, Sir," one of the rescue crew approached Angus.

"Aye," Angus replied. "Do leave me the line, though, won't you. Or I'll be short."

"Aye, Sir," the crewman replied, heading for the back of the boat, and Angus went back over to the houseboat to check to see how many extra lines he had in the equipment.

"Captain?" the woman asked a medic who was just sitting down with her.

"He's a right proper captain, that one. That's Captain Donohue. His grandfather owns a cruise line," the medic said.

"He never said a word about that," she frowned.

"He wouldn't," the medic laughed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:31 am

Ruby smiled at Tyler and nodded She had seen him "Good to see you Tyler" she said letting the men move the woman over to their ship so she moved back to their houseboat. Ruby heard the medic and the woman and chuckled " And thats why I love him." she said smiling as she watched Angus help the men with the boyfriend then she moved the woman to the side of the ship to be helped over to their ship.

"Tyler please tell Edward that alls well " she said " and he can breath easy." she said and chuckled as she let go of the womans hand as she was led inside tylers ship and sat down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:48 am

"Ru," Angus called, "I think we're good to go on our way. They can certainly handle it from here." He had absolutely no intention of staying and interrupting their weekend any longer. They had done their good deed, and now he wanted to move onward.

When he was sure she was onboard and no one else, he went up to the bridge and started the engine again.

"If you find anyone else onboard now that shouldn't be, feel free to chuck them overboard," he told her. "Or you could do Robert's trick and turn them into a teacup."

At 11:17, Marcus heard the crackling of wands. He looked outside and he saw his parents, bringing the kids. It did usually take hte both of them to bring the kids with all their gear, he knew. Jonathan was in the middle of knocking at the door when Marcus opened the door.

"Sorry, Marcus," Jonathan said, "they've bee pacing the floors since five this morning. They're your problem now for the next couple days."

"With pleasure," Marcus said. The kids came in, looking around.

"A real log cabin! Cool!" Ezra said. "It's th real deal, isn't it? Is it ours?"

"It belongs to friends of mine," Marcus told him.

"Who are you?" Ezra's eyes landed on Aria. "You his new hookup?"

"Ez!" Zane said sharply to his younger brother. "Manners!"

"Lord," Jonathan sighed.

"They'll be fine when we get going," Marcus told his father. "Go on and enjoy the quiet for a couple days."

"I talked your father into letting the help run the shop for two days. We're going to actually take two days away too, just the two of us," his mother told him.

"Good for you. Now, go enjoy your time and leave the heathens to us," Marcus told her.

"We do not need to be told twice," Jonathan said, and with that, they disappeared.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:57 am

Ruby felt the housr boat start to move as Abgus took the wheel again "Of course" she said with a chuckle " oh nevr thought of that" she aded when he spoke of turning them into a tea cup. " But I can asure you nobodies down here but me" she chuckled making some cofee for both of them and carrying them up the stairs to him. " thought you could use this" she said and smiled to him.

Aria heard the crackle and stood up as Marcus went to the door she smiled seeing Jonothan and the kids enter " hey guys." she said and smiled to them but then heard one ask if she was his new hook up. "Im not his hook up, hes my toy boy" she replied to them and smirked as she looked to Marcus and looked at Jonothan " Aria Barrnet, nice to meet you" she said holding out her hand. " and don't worry we'll look after them."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:09 am

"God, yes," he said when she brought fresh coffee. "Thank you. You have no idea how good that smells right now.

"He's Ezra," Kai told her. "He's eleven going on stupid."

"Going on twelve," Ezra scowled at Kai.

"So, that's Zane, that's Ezra," Marcus introduce her to the twins. "They're fifteen." He looked at a girl with chestnut colored hair like her mother. "This is Daria, she's twelve. And you've met Ezra. And this is Poppy. She's eleven." The four he had with Evelyn were all rather outgoing, and then there was Poppy. She was his daughter with Ana Levski. She was beautiful, and small for her age. Petite, thin and willowy, with long blonde hair the same shade as Marcus's, with blue eyes like her mother. She didn't look like her siblings,and she didn't act like them either. She was far less outgoing. She wasn't overly excited about rollercoasters, but she would go because she didnt want to be left behind.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:23 am

Ruby smiled and kissed his cheek "Well you did your good deed for the day so you earned it" she said and chuckled to him as she sat in the co-pilot's seat to sip her coffee.

Aria looked at them and smiled "Nice to meet you Ezra and the rest of you." she said and saw the quiet girl in the back and smiled gently at her " Hi Poppy, I'm sure we will get to know each other other then on the rollercoasters" she said holding out her hand for Poppy to shake. "I know one thing I'm looking forward to, the smores," she said smiling at them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:36 am

"You didn't do so bad yourself. You handled that woman well. You do know I rather intended to leave her to you as much as I could because, God forbid, if she went into labor, I definitely did not want to have to deliver her," he told Ruby. "I was going to leave that to you, like it or not." He wasn't childbrith fobic. It was nothing like that. It was just that this woman was a stranger to him, and he didn't want to have to get that close and personal to some strange woman--not like that, anyway.

"Nice to meet you too," Kai said. "It's about time he got someone in his life who wasn't a complete nutter."

"And its about time that Evelyn was contained enough that he doesn't have to keep globe trotting to rescue her from whatever boyfriend of the week she's taken up with, or bailiing her out of jail. So far as we're concerned, we all hope that bloke in Switzerland locks her up and then loses the bloody key," Zane said. "Anyway, we've been on him about a really good rollercoaster park, and he says this one has almost the most coasters of them all."

"Almost," Marcus said. "There is a park in Calfornia with 20 coasters but I really think the time change would be too much, considering its only two or three days away. We're eight hours ahead of California. So, this one is in Ohio,and it has nineteen coasters, with only a five hour difference. A lot more manageable, I think."

"But its probably the only thing in Ohio," Kai quipped. That made Marcus laugh.

"Well, grab your gear, and we'll go find some breakfast."

"Does Ohio have eggs?" Ezra asked.

"Dimwit," Zane rolled his eyes.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top