A Birth day - Page 34
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 34 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 34 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:03 am

Ruby woke toAngus heading to the galley and smiled knowing he'd slept , actualy slept even with some nightmares he'd hand. Now wrapped in a blanket she smiled seeing Angus return with Coffee and a sandwich. " looks and smells good " she said smiling at him as he sat next to her she kissed his cheek " Taking a cup she looked out at the ocean around them and smiled " this is better thn a spa day and way cheaper to" she said and chuckled " so what time will we reach the island?" she asked watching as the wves hit the side of the ship and Marlons swam not far from them " thos eae big fish" she said noticing the long noses and large fin they had.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:36 pm

"I'm glad you're enjoying it," he smiled. "I stopped about midway between Tuscany and the island. We've got maybe 90 minutes or a couple hours, depending on speed." He looked to see where she was looking. "Oh. Marlins. Yeah--they're big, and they're really hard to catch. It isn't someething I'd try to catch without having a crew on board. It can take hours and hours of steady fighting to catch one of those. On the other hand, check those out over there." He pointed to the other side of the boat to a number of fins. He counted seven or eight of them. "See that? That is a pod of dolphins." He watched them for a moment, and they began to leap in the water. They can be fun to watch too. Anyway, I should get up to the bridge.

"So," he said, "if you want to find the master bedroom, it's a level down from here. The bridge is on the very top. The next level down has the master bedroom, the library, and the hot tub. The level down from that has the foyer where we came in, the living room, the kitchen, and another full bath. Below that is another level where there is another bedroom, and the laundry room, and the engine room, though I can't see why you'd need to muck around in there. There's a full pot of coffee on in the kitchen, and I set an unpacking spell in place for our things in the master bedroom. So, while I crack on with getting us to the island, I'm sure you can find your way to the shower whenever you like. I'll see you in a bit." He kissed her lightly and took his coffee and made his way up to the bridge.

Marcus was up early, and he showered and shaved and fed Finn and then made coffee. He was considering asking Robert if he wanted Finn for a couple days, but Edward made it clear that he was intending to keep Finn and Caprice both. Edward just saw it as the sensible thing if the baby and the dog didn't have to be uprooted from home.

Marcus made sure he had double checked all the groceries and gotten any last minute supplies from the main house's pantry. He packed them efficiently, and he got a note from Jonathan that the kids were packed and ready any time Marcus was, and Jonathan said he would apparate the kids and their gear over whenver Marcus said the word. Marcus still believed that not leaving til noon was best because of the time difference between England and the states.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:05 pm

Ruby smiled to Angus as he said he was glad she enjoyed the night " I always do " she said smiling a she stood up hearing about the marlins she nodded then looked where he pointed towards the dolphins " wow I think theres ababy with the pod too" she said seeing a smaller dolphin swiming next to a larger " ther beautiful" she said watching them as she listened to him talk of how the ship was layed out " true , we just need the one room" she said and chuckled. Standing she kept the blanket wrapped around her " I think I'l grab a shower first" she said and headed down to the bathroom making note to grab a coffee on the way back up.

Aria woke and showered , dressing in jeans a tee shirt and a light over shirt with a paire of hiking boots she headed down to start some breakfast deciding on breakfast buritos for the two of them and some to take with them for a snack ether fo them or the kids should they want some food later. " Morning Marcus the kids ready?" she asked wrapping the last buritto and slipping it into a cooler bag.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:23 pm

"They are," Marcus replied. "My dad sent a message that they're packed and ready, and he'll bring them over closer to noon. No point in our going til about noon just because there won't be much to do for kids there in the middle of the night. Besides, there are curfews for kids from 10 pm til 6 am in that area, and there's no point in taking them there during the hours when kids aren't supposed to be out anyway. I know they wouldn't be excited about starting their weekend by being picked up by muggle police. So, we've got at least four or five hours to kill before then. I've already been over to the main house and finished all the last minute pantry raiding. Kate was up, and she was quite helpful. She said she's baking some cowboy cookies this morning and she'll bring them over when they're ready. They're a really great cookie. There's sort of an oatmeal cookie that also has chocolate chips, toasted pecans, and toasted coconut. Angus sometimes also tosses some toffee chips and sometimes some minced up dried fruit--sometimes cherries, sometimes cranberries, sometimes apricots. in too, and I particularly like them when he does. Angus calls them a 'kitchen sink' cookie--where he puts in just about everything but the kitchen sink. Anyway, Kate's going to send a batch with us. They will not last long, that's for sure."

Angus weighed anchor, and put the boat into motion to head to the island. The morning air was crisp and almost a little chilly up on the flybridge once the ship was in motion, but it didn't really bother him much. He drank his coffee until the last sip or two got cold. It was a good morning for boating. He wasn't more than perhaps a half hour from the island when he saw a small yacht in the distance, and he caught sight of something--a distress flag. The marine distress flag was always bright orange with a black dot and a black dash--in a reference to Morse code.

"Hey, Ru," he called, "there's a ship ahead of us, and they've got a distress flag flying. There won't be many ships out here. I think we should go see if we can lend a hand. You okay with that?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:30 pm

Aria listened to him as she brought over a plate with two burritos on it "Here a breakfast burrito and a fresh coffee " she said and smiled as he spoke of what was still to come " I agree They need to have fun not be picked up" she said smiling " oh it sounds a bit like a form of tail mix" she said " I think there's jar in the back of the pantry marked kitchen sink mix" she said and motiond to the pantry " I'l grab some from it before we leave, but noon does sound perfect" she added sitting down and eating her burrito.

Ruby now dressed walked up to the Flybridge She looked out over the ocean at the flag he saw and looked at him " Is that safe, aren't their pirates around?" she asked then thought about it "Okay so get just close enough so we can see whats wrong, I don't think we want to be boarded." she said with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:49 pm

"Thanks," Marcus said. "I thought about making some eggs, but I got busy at the other house. Besides, I'm sure that your burritos are better than my scrambled eggs anyway. You might be right that Angus' kitchen sink mix could be close to whats in the cookies. I kinow it isn't exactly intentional though. He started with some nuts, some granola, some chocolate chips, and then added some of those little candy coated chocolate pieces when he had part of a big bag, and some parts of bags of dried fruit. It was a way to eliminate a lot of parts of bags of things, but his kitchen sink mix never lasts very long. It changes every time he makes it, depending on what he's got in the pantry, but that's honestly what I like about it."

"Yeah, there are modern day pirates around," Angus told her. "That's always a concern. However, they tend to be muggles and not wizards, so if they're pirates, we can handle them, I'm quite sure."

He changed course and took the ship towards the yacht. As they got near, he saw a woman, and he watched her climb up on the roof of the ship's flybridge and she was waving both arms at them. She had something that was bright red in one hand and something bright orange in the other hand, hoping that Angus wouldn't sail right by them. He figured she was probably using some tee shirts as flags. Angus had to pull his ship up alongside to be able to speak with her.

"What's the trouble?" Angus asked. It was then that Angus noticed she was extremely pregnant. She rather looked like she was going to give birth at any time to perhaps a small car or several children. She was holding her stomach now, clearly uncomfortable or something herself.

"Oh, thank god," she said. "We need help. My boyfriend---he had some sort of chest pain, and now he's not moving. He's unconscious or something, and our boat--it quit. I tried to start it, but...it's not working....The radio wasn't working before we left, but he said it would be alright..."

"Okay. Breathe. Calm yourself. I'll see what I can do," Angus told her. He looked at Ruby. "I'll go over and see what's going on. Wait here until I call for you. It sounds like, if she's on the level, she's got a whole bunch of trouble. Her boyfriend has a medical emergency, the ship isn't running, the radio's broken, and she's gonna give birth to a bus."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:53 pm

Aria nodded and chuckled " Im sure when get to the camp site you'll be in your element, but yeah I thought of these coz there filling and quick to make" she added "Oh I packed a few extras for the kids in case there hungry" she added as she listened to him talk of the kitchen sink mix and chuckled " well I guess thats why he calls it kitchen sink." she added.

Ruby stood beside Angus and listened to the woman tell them what had happened " I'll be ready for trouble and yeah, but what woman in hr right mind saild when that close to dilivering?" she said glancing at Angus and nodding as he said for her to be ready " you too okay" she added and waited in the flybridge.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:07 pm

Angus tied the boats together so that Ruby didn't end up drifting away. He stepped over to the other ship, and the woman took him down to the engine room where her boyfriend had collapsed while trying to repair the engine. Angus knelt and checked the man for breathing and heartbeat. The man's breathing was very faint and irregular, and the heartbeat was wildly irregular. Angus wasn't any sort of medic but he believed the man had had a heart attack.

And on the engine room floor were the parts to a disassembled engine. He had no idea what the man had been trying to do, but clearly, disassembling an engine was not the best course for the man to have taken. He believed the man was a rookie at boating, and now he and his girlfriend were in a real emergency. He went back up on deck.

"Sit," he told the woman, lowering her into a chair. "Just sit. I'll be back." He crossed back over and went to talk to Ruby.

"He's taken the damned engine apart. I can put it back together, but it'll take a couple hours, and I don't think either of them have that. If we do things the muggle way, I'll have to tie their boat onto our boat and tow them back to Tuscany. I think he's had a heart attack. He's in serious trouble, and she's dangerously stressed. I haven't asked her if she's alright because, quite honestly, I have absolutely no desire to know she might be in labor. I have no desire, none at all, to deliver her bus for her. I think we'd have to go back to Tuscany because they're both likely to need a hospital, I'm betting. If we do things a bit unconventionally, we can summon someone from the boat company through the floo or perhaps even Robert, but we'd have to make sure we give them exact coordinates to find us or they'll end up porting right into the middle of the Mediterranean instead of on either ship. You have a vote?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:13 pm

Ruby watched as Angus made his way onboard the other boat and then down to the engine room. When he returned and she saw him sit the woman down then climb over to her and explain she thought for a moment "Why don't you watch her, I'll go down to the living area here and send a message, we could say we radioed for help?" she said " that would give you time to repair the engine and for help from the boat company to arrive." she added looking over at the woman " but I do agree I do not want to deliver that baby, looks like twins or triplets, she does need a hospital" Ruby smiled to the woman reassuringly the looked back at Angus.

Moving down to the living area she found a fireplace, Writing a note she sent it threw the flo to the boat company and received a message back they would be there as soon as they could. Breathing out in relief she headed back up to Angus " They said they would be here as soon as they could." she told him." but if you want to start heading back thats okay with me."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:31 pm

"I'll tie the boat to ours to tow it," he sighed. "We could bring her over here or you could go over there and do what you can to keep her calm til they get here--either one. I'm pretty sure they're muggles, but I didn't ask. There's probablyl a tin of tea in our galley if you want to try that. Maybe get their names? See if he has any prior history of health issues? See when she's due? Houseboats don't move nearly as fast as a speedboat, so if they use a speedboat to get to us, they could be here in under thirty or forty minutes. I don't want to move him if we don't need to."

He went to the bedrooms and grabbed a couple pillows and a blanket and went back over to the other ship. He went down to the engine room and used the pillows to elevate the legs of the woman's boyfriend and then he covered the man with a blanket to keep him from losing any more body temperature.

Once that was done, he took a couple ropes and tied the bow of their boat to the stern of the houseboat. He debated on using a spell to reassemble the engine but he thought better of it. He was sure the houseboat had the power to tow the other boat, at least for a short distance.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top