A Birth day - Page 14
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 14 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 14 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 14 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:56 am

Aria took a deep breath and chuckled "Good nose " she said and saw Angus walk in she heard Marcus and nodded "Yeah, even a little is good for him at this point, and I think spaghetti bolognese" she said slowly not sure.

Ruby smiled at Toney and nodded "Thank you, so you're the one who trained these three then" she said watching the hippogriffs being led back into the barn, there real well trained" she told him then smiled as he spoke of his wife having more patience that he did. " I'm sure you have it where and when it counts," she said smiling "and Im glad after what he went threw he has close freinds close by," she said to Tony, " oh I'd love to see some of her work if its that delicate." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:12 am

"I've noticed he kicks his shoes off if he intends to be at home and not going out," Marcus said. "So he's probably planning on just having a quiet evening in at home. And that's not a bad thing, really," Marcus said. "You're probably right about the bolognese. The girls need to get a certain amount of meat in their diet because of the werewolf thing. It doesn't have to be a lot, but they do feel better if there's some."

"Thank you. I do like the work," Toby said.

"Did you start out to do that line of work?" Evan asked.

"Me? Nah. Set out to be a no-count, to hear my father tell it," Toby laughed. "Fell into it because a man has to do something if it's going to keep a wife, and I found out I did pretty good at it. Then I started to like it."

"Bewitching Baubles. That's the place. Right next to that muggle apothecary where Robert got his start years ago," Toby said. "She makes some beautiful things, she does. And especially enchanted pieces. She'd be glad to show you. And she makes custom pieces too."

"Robert worked at a muggle drug store?"

"Oh, he did indeed," Toby said. "His first job out of Hogwarts after he graduated. They cater to the muggles up front, and they have the wizard stuff in the back. Damned good at it, even back then, he was. They knew he wouldn't stay there very long because potions makers like that always end up in bigger place. And that certainly has been true in his case. Not to change subjects, but did you happen to see that big ruddy bird of Khaat's while you were out? Went on a flight a couple hours ago and hasn't been back. If I don't get him back, Kate'll have me out on my ear before the ink is dried on my employment contract."

"Big ruddy bird?" Evan asked blankly. "What bird?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:21 am

Aria nodded seeing Angus settling down for the rest of the day "That's a good thing right, he needs to relax" She listened to him mention the girls and a certain amount of meat since they were werewolves "Makes sense" she said softly.

Ruby smiled as he told her the name of the shop "Oh I've seen that shop I haven't been in it, but knowing it's your wife I certainly will call in next time I'm down that way, and no we didn't see Archangel while we were out and about." she said then saw Angus sat by the window " Im sorry to rush but I think simone will have dinner ready Evan, it was nice meeting you Tony, come around anytime" she said and started to walk to the duplex and inside. Walking over to Angus she smiled " hes a nice man" she said in a quiet tone to him." He told me of his wife who makes jewlery, you want a shot of firewhiskey?" she asked him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:45 pm

"He is a nice guy," Angus agreed. "Bit of a live wire--always wound up, but good at his job." When she asked if he wanted firewhiskey, he shook his head. "Just sit with me a minute while we're alone, would you?" He motioned for her to sit with him in his chair for a moment. "Ru, maybe this whole fighting thing isn't fair to you or the kids. Maybe I need to do something else. I've always been a fighter my whole life. It's all I know, and I don't know what I'd do instead, but what if...what if I've been wrong? Maybe the uncertainty isn't..." His voice faded away to nothing, and it frustrated him.

Over at Edward's, Simone did have supper ready. Evie and Faith set the table and set out a pitcher of ice water and put the salad and a basket of the garlic toast in the center of the table, along with two different cruets of homemade salad dressing--a lemon ginger dressing, and a red wine vinaigrette, so people could pick their choice. Simone and Tara plated the spaghetti for everyone, and they sent Marcus to go tell Ruby and Angus that supper was ready.

Marcus stepped over to the other side of the duplex and heard Ruby and Angus talking, waiting, not wanting to interrupt them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:11 pm

Ruby nodded and sat to face him as she heard him talk. She sat more upright as he spoke of giving up on fighting "you want to give up?" she said "You want to give up on those children who look to you to help them, I know you would never let them down, Angus, I would never ask you to stop fighting it's what you love to do, fight for those who care and love you" she said taking his hand in her own " please, take a bit of time to think about this, talk to Robert or Edward about it but please don't do anything rash, I fell in love with you as a fighter and you've made me a fighter, we both fight for our children and family, would you let someone else do that for you, I don't think you would, think about it if you quit then Suzanes won and Gelding get to keep taking children." she told him moving to kiss him she sighed glancing over at where she had seen Marcus now stood.

Aria sat down to eat and enjoyed the food it was now she saw Marcus move to the other side of the duplex , Taking her food she moved to stand next to him " sideaffect of what he went threw?"she asked as she forked some food into her mouth.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:32 pm

Marcus nodded.

"He'll work through it," Marcus said softly. "It's normal after something like that. We all go through it at some point." He stepped in. "You didn't ask for my advice, Mate, but I'm going to give it to you anyway. It hasn't even been 24 hours. Give yourself a little. No one expects you to be ready to step back up to a fight yet. And after you have some time and are feeling better again, if you really want to quit, no one is going to make you do something you don't want to do. As for the kids, you aren't leading them into anything. They're almost adults. They're making their own choices, and if they want to change careers, then they'll make that choice themselves.

"Ruby's right. You have some hard commitments you've made, things you deeply believe in. You're not going to be able to give those up easily once you've had a little time. For now. the best I can suggest is that your only decision is to acknowledge that last night is still right at the front of your thinking, and any choice you make right now is going to be an emotional reaction. For now, just decide not to decide. That's the only truly fair choice you have."

Angus considered Ruby's words and Marcus's, and he nodded, knowing they were right, and knowing that if the tables were reversed, he'd be giving the same advice.

"Now, I wasn't sent over here to interrupt you. Simone sent me to call you both to supper. Come and eat..." he told them as Caprice gave out an impatient wail. Marcus shook his head. "All the patience of a gnat, that one," he said. "Apparently, she does not like whatever that green puree is because she's lobbing it everywhere and screeching for something else. I'd better go tie her hands together," he teased, heading back to Edward's.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:36 pm

Ruby saw Marcus walk over and she smiled hearing him talk to Angus. Once he was done she stood up " I'll get her" she siad and walked over passing Aria who nodded and patted her shoulder in reasurance " he'll be fine" she said smiling as she finished her food and chuckled side stepping a green missle headed her way " wow" she said as Ruby picked up Caprice and taking her to get cleaned up. Aria set down her plate and began to clean up the high chair and surounding area from green goo. " wow that kid can throw" she said wiping some from under the table.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:59 pm

"Come get your plate, Lad," Edward said, taking a cloach off of a plate at the table and flicking his fingers at the plate to warm it. "Tuck in, now, and get yourself a good meal in your belly. You'll feel better for it." He poured Angus a glass of ice water from the pitcher on the table as the kids finshed eating. Victor collected the dirty dishes and removed them from the table. Angus took a place at the end of the now almost empty table.

"Dad," Anise sat down at the place on Angus's left. Angus looked at her. "You alright? Really?" He nodded.

"I'm fine," he said. "It happens. Just part of the job. Your prediction was close, but I still believe we can change the outcome of them. Otherwise, there's no purpose to them at all." Anise thought for a moment. Then she nodded.

"That makes sense," she said. "Can we do anything to help?"

"You're doing enough just be being here," he told her. "All of you--it gives me something to come home for."

"Is it different on your own?"

"Yes," he replied. "Having family--it helps."

"I don't know if I understood that really until I came here. Can I ask you something on a different subject?"

"Always," he said.

"Our dad wrote to us and said he met a woman in a pub in a little village they were near recently. He said she's a ginger--an Irish werewolf named Moira. She's apparently interested in him..."

"He needs to be careful of that one," Angus frowned. "She's the werewolf female that's the second in command in James Blood's pack. Fenrir could be in grave danger."

"Really," she was wide eyed. "Why would she do that..."

"For James. Fenrir is probably one of the very few people that can control James to any extent. Without people like Fenrir, James will just keep killing anyone and anything that gets in his way."

"Should I...go see Fenrir?"

"I will," Angus said. "Bring me the letter. I'll go during the daylight. We're getting too close to the full moon for us to risk going out tonight." She nodded and got up and hurried to her room.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Edward asked.

"Ask me in the morning," Angus said. "We do not need trouble with James right now. I need to probably alert Marcus and David and the rest. And Jack."

"Eat first. We've got all evening to talk to the others."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:23 pm

Ruby with a clean Caprice returned and watched as Edward persuaded Angus to come to the table and eat. She sat and listened as Anise spoke to him and smiled when he said he had something to return to after a mission. Aria looked at Marcus and spoke " Is that how you feel? Im mean grateful for your family?" she asked him as she looekd back at Angus. Ruby set Caprice on her play mat with several soft toys and sat down close by watching as Finn moved and lay next to Caprice not bothered when she tugged at his ear or tail.

Aria had heard him talk about Fenrir and walked over to Edwrd " if hes going to see Fenrir I'd like to go with him too" she said " I have heard of him and of how he treats his pack, with kindness but outsiders are treat diferently" she sid chosing her words carfully " well if Robert saya I can go being new an all" she added as she looked to Edward.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:43 pm

"Well," Marcus said, "I suppose so. Yes. I mean, I'm grateful for my kids, I['m grateful that I have some realy great parents. I'm not so grateful for the extended family members, like my Uncle Damocles that seems to not need anything to do with us. He got famous for inventing wolfsbane potion and then he buggered off by himself. I'm only grateful to Evelyn for the great kids we had. However, equally as important is that I am grateful to be a part of this enormous family of misfits here. This seems to be a melting pot where people can be as different as night and day and they all fit together here and find a home and a family. In the kind of work we do, you and I, we end up thinking that the only life we can have is living alone and working til the end of our days. Now that I'm here, I'm finding out that doesn't have to be true. And that's been a really good thing.'

"Robert won't be the problem," Edward said. "The problem will be Fenrir. He's very suspicious and doesnt take well to strangers. We can try, but we can't promise anything."

Angus finished eating. He'd only had about half, but he was full. Edward did understand. That would get better in the next day or so. Anise brought the letter to Angus, and Angus read it. Dennis did appear to be completely in the dark about Moira, and that made Angus all the more concerned for Fenrir.

"I should take the chance to go tonight--before Moira has the chance to act," Angus sighed.

"No. Let's not," Edward said. "You're not up to it tonight. You don't feel well, and you're tired. Let's lay the groundwork with the others and then go see Fenrir in the morning. We shall depend on Fenrir's resilience and his ability to defend himself thus far in life to carry him through til daylight." Angus nodded. "I'll go see Jack and the others at the main house for you if you let me borrow the letter," Edward said. Angus handed it to him.

"You've not seen the main house yet," Marcus said. "You should go with Edward and at least get the basic layout in your head. If you don't mind, Edward?"

"I dont mind," Edward replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top