A Birth day - Page 13
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 13 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 13 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 56 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 13 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:37 pm

Aria listened quietly to him talk of the Colorado ranch and its facilities and how they prepare the kids they rescue for life back in the open world again by providing a safe environment" All sounds healthy for the kids, and Robert does all that for the kids and wildlife, I have to say I feel like a drop in the ocean compared to what Roberts has been doing" she said as they walked around the house more. Turning a corner she popped her head into a tv room and saw several kids watching a movie then moved out. "Mulan, the nice movie" she said she sidestepped to let two boys run past her one shouting he was Robert Lipun and the other was gelding making her laugh at the playfulness of the kids.

hearing him talk of training she looked at him " Would Robert require I train?" she asked "Just so he can gauge my level " she asked knowing it might be something he would want. She paused and looked at him "In all this, where do you fit in, other than being Angus's friend and body guard?" she asked " and where would I be, Rubys bodyguard?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:57 pm

"Well, you have to keep in mind that Robert had six co-founders and investors when they got started, and that he's been at this now for just over 40 years. He's had time to build on it that you haven't had. And he's actually gotten quite a bit of support from the French ministry of magic. We have the size and the resources that their ministry of magic can't duplicate, so it just makes good sense for them to support our efforts and assist when we need it. You haven't had all that.

"As for Robert, his heart is, first and foremost, his family, and he includes every one of us that live on Brian's estate as much a part of his family as if we had been his biological children. After that, he's dedicated to this organization. He wants the kids out of harm's way. After that is the work he does as a healer. The politics is something he does because he believes in doing the right thing, but it isn't in his top two or three priorities.

"Well, I'm not the decision maker, keep in mind, but his usual way of hiring someone is to either test them out himself or to send them either here or to Colorado to see how they do on the obstacle course and, maybe, on a survival weekend. That determines generally how much training someone needs and, sometimes, where exactly they might fit in. I can't honestly predict where he would put you. Most of the team are members of what he calls his first string--his fighting squad. They don't honestly have ranks or positions.

"My situation is a bit different. I was hired primarily to guard Khaat, to protect her from James Blood. My assignment to Angus has been a temporary assignment that's going longer than it was intended. Ruby's mother is proving herself to be really obsessed with wanting to kill Angus. She has it in her mind that Angus killed her husband and robbed her of all her children and destroyed her life. Poppycock, but, that's the rantings of a desperate woman. If you ask me, she isn't wrapped any more tightly than Evelyn is. I think their cheese slippped off of both their crackers. Angus does not want a bodyguard, but even he admits I have come in handy in keeping him alive. Most of the time, I'm just a fighter like the rest of the first string. Robert has another bodyguard that guards Khaat. His name is David, and so far he seems to be doing the job adequately.

"I don't know that you'll be selected as Ruby's guard. So far, Suzanne hasn't really attempted to harm her children. She has tried to kidnap the boys from school, but she had it in her mind she was taking them 'home' to live with Tom Gelding. Ruby and Jessie have never been targets for her. I think, probably, that's because they were adults and living on their own before Angus even came into the picture. Where the squad needs help is with needing more fighters. We always need good fighters. I could see you partnering with Ruby or maybe even with Evan from time to time. Robert doesn't like to send relatively inexperienced fighters out without an experienced partner. That would make more sense to me, but, as I said, I'm not Robert, so I don't know what he'll want."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:07 am

Aria listened intently as he spoke she took all he said in even when he spoke of his ex and Rubys' mother and how they both have a screw loose or as he put it their cheese had slipped. " I can see his point about needing fighters around his family and I have read about Blood, hes the one that turned his brother, right," she asked as they continued to slowly walk around the building as for being Rubys bodyguard she knew she would probably partner ith those who needed help a little when fighting " hum, well, I'll go where ever he puts me, Im flexible that way," she said " as long as I still get my vacation time with you Im good" she smiled as they continued to walk.

Entering a room she dodged as a paper plane flew past her head and a teen boy ran over to them."nice shot" she said smiling to him.

"awe, you got good reflexes" he said as he picked up the plane from the floor. " hey Marcus, is Robert here today?" he asked as he threw th plane back to another boy stood on the other side of the room.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:26 am

"That's the hard thing for him to find, actually, are fighters that have enough of a skill set that they can be flexible and can adapt to different situations. Its part of the reason that Michael is so valuable. Michael's patronus really should be a chameleon because he can adapt to just about anything, and if he doesn't want to be seen, well, he just won't be, then."

"Presuming that he does hire you, and presuming that you want to have at least some ability to stay on the estate, we'll have to decide on what we want living arrangements to be. I generally live in the same building where my protection client lives. It's just easier that way. I have my permanent room in the main house. Most of my things are there. I stay in one of the guest rooms at Angus's while Suzanne is rampaging. I don't think it's actually a problem if you want to stay in either of those rooms, but i don't have a full apartment of my own here or anything like that. I have an apartment in London that I pretty much never use except if I have a weekend with the kids or something, but I don't stay there much because it's just bloody inconvenient. I'm not the only one who has ever kept a place off the estate, but, it seems like those places aren't used very much."

When the teen boy flew the plane past Aria, Marcus grinned.

"Hello, Lewis," Marcus smiled. "Your planes are looking better. That new design's working well for you. I think Robert's coming sometime today. Or at least that's what I'm told. I'm also told you're on the list to go to the ranch. I understand you asked Robert for a book on famous figures from the wild west, and that Robert got you two or three nice big ones."

"Four!" Lewis said. "And I read them all cover to cover, twice already. Does it look like the old west there?"

"Pretty much, yeah," Marcus nodded.

"Cool! Will I get to wear a cowboy hat?"

"If you want one. Sure," Marcus said.

"Nice!" he grinned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:33 am

Aria listened to him and chuckled " I'm used to not having a lot of things costantly being moved around as I am, but any place with a warm bed will do for me and I promise I don't take up much room." she said Then listened to him talk to the boy "hey, I might see you there too" she said smiling as the mention of a cowboy hat was spoke of " do you wear one, or is it a bowler hat you wear?" she asked teasingly to him.

She looked down at Lewis and chuckled " I might be training there too, depending on Roberts's decision." she said " maybe we can ride horses too" she smiled and glanced at Marcus " those painted horses you spoke of can be ridden can't they?" she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:43 am

"Fedora," Marcus laughed.

"Painted horses? They have painted horses?" Lewis was excited. "Those are those great spotted horses you see the Native Americans riding in all the muggle movies. They're great. They're supposed to be gentle and great for riding. They're fast as the wind, agile and really tough. That's why the Natives used them. They were good for war horses and for hauling and tasks but they could be gentle enough to be around their women and children."

"The lad is a walking encyclopedia of the American west," Marcus told her with a smile. "Lewis, this is my friend, Aria. Aria, this is Lewis."

"Its about time you had a...friend," Lewis teased Marcus, and Marcus laughed out loud.

"And you're about a subtle as a heart attack, Mate," Marcus teased him right back.

"Imagine if I tried to be outspoken," Lewis laughed out loud. "Anyway, nice to meet you, Aria. See you around." He took the airplane and left them.

"They're good kids, and they all look forward to seeing Robert. When he arrives, they hover around him like he's Father Christmas. Anyway, seen enough for now? Suppose we should get back?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:57 am

Aria laughed when he said Fedora "Oh, an Indiana Jones type," she said then chuckled as Marcus teased Lewisa a little about his knowledge of the hours "Yes these are the ones." she said as Marcus introduced her "Nice to meet you Lewis." she could not help but blush a little as Lewis said it was about time he had a special friend. " I agree," she told Lewis and smiled "Yes you will" she called after him as he ran off leaving her chuckling. Hearing Marcus she nodded "Yeah I've seen enough, let's go home" she said and took his hand in her own. Seeing and meeting the kids had made her decide she would join.

Once back she looked at Marcus and accused her file "Here is a copy of my file, no secrets remeber" she said and placed the yellow manilla file in his hand." the other is for Robert and his files so he can do a background check, you know, make sure Im not a spy for Suzanne" she said with a chuckle. " oh, um.yeah, I keep copies, I help..helped a lot of different people." she said holding the second one against her chest " I guess once I give this to Robert its down to him, but I'll just send it to Owens  to put on his desk." she said looking at Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:23 am

"Okay,' he told her. "You want me to pass it on for you?"

Next door, Simone was starting supper for everyone. She had decided on spaghetti, and she was making sauce. She had a large pasta pot on the stove boiling salt water to get ready to boil the pasta. And in the other large pot, she had sauteed ground beef, sausage, onions, diced bell peppers, garlic, and was adding crushed tomatoes and some plain tomato sauce to, in preparation for making her version of a rather deluxe bolognese. Beside her, Anise was busy grating a huge piece of fresh parmesan to garnish over the pasta when it was served. And on the other side, Ginger had made a lovely garlic butter and was slathering the butter between the sllices in a baguette that she was going to wrap in foil and put in the oven to make garlic toast. Ginger had already made what Simone had judged to be a beautiful salad, and Tara was hard at work making treacle tart and fresh whipped cream.

Angus landed behind Evan when they got back from their flight, and he dismounted as some of the barn crew came out to greet them and take the hippgriffs to be groomed after riding. Angus saw one of the crew come up to greet him.

"Angus," the man said, "I've heard. I think we've all heard. Just so you know, I am so gald you never gave up." Angus looked up, and he saw an old mate--Tobias. Well, Toby. Toby was one of the first people that Angus had hired when he started to work for Robert. They'd gotten to be good friends. In fact, he and Toby had been at a bachelor party for a mate of theirs that was getting married when Toby's wife had gone into labor unexpectedly. Toby and Angus had hurried home to Toby's. Because Toby was a total wreck, Angus had called the midwife, but before she got there, Angus had delivered the child. They had planned initially to name the child after Angus, but when it was a girl, they decided Angus would not work as a proper name. They'd called her Ashling, instead.

"Toby?" Angus couldn't believe his eyes. "You were in Ireland."

"Yeah. No money in muggle jobs, as it happens, so me and wife and the kids came back," Toby said. "Let's go get a pint in the next couple nights. We'll get your feet back under you again, and you'll feel like your old self. You just need your mates around you." He gave Angus a hug. Angus managed a half a smile. "I'll take this bloke for you and brush him down, shall I?"

"Thanks," Angus said.

"You get someone to make you a proper hot toddy and burn all that muck right out of your chest," he told Angus. Angus nodded. Evan landed and dismounted. "New man?" He asked Angus.

"My brother," Angus managed. "Evan."

"Oh! Finally! Evan! I've heard all about you!" Toby went over to greeet Evan. Angus just walked away, leaving Evan to introduce himself to Toby. Angus headed for home.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:29 am

Aria looked at Marcus and nodded "Thank you, you can read it if you want I have nothing in there, that you don't already know" she said and smelled the cooking from the kitchen "Wow that smells great" she said placing the folder into his hands and moving to the kitchen smiling as she looked back at him " simone and Tara have been cooking.

Ruby landed behind Evan and slipped from the hippogriff, seeing Angus talking to what seemed to be an old friend she lead him to the barn and started to brush him down. Once done she walked over "Hi, Toby right?" she said moving to stand next to Angus as a man came and took the hippogriff into the barn
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:47 am

"Smells like Italian to me," Marcus told Aria. "I smell oregano and garlic. I didn't think I was hungry til I smelled that. I might be hungry after all." Marcus heard the door close over at Angus's and he glanced over to see Angus slipping off his shoes and then walking, barefoot, over to his chair. "He looks a bit more relaxed to me--maybe," he told Aria quietly.

"Yeah," Toby said.

"This is Ruby," Evan said to Toby. "Angus' fiancee."

"Oh! Are you, then? Well, congratulations, Ruby. It's about time he found someone. Angus and I go back about ten years. I used to work here, and I had some pipe dream about getting rich at some muggle job. Well, it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, so me and my family moved back."

Evan watched Angus walk back to the house. Evan knew immediately that Angus was not in the mood for big reunions. Not yet.

"And so what sort of work do you do?" Evan asked.

"Started out as a horse trainer. Once you've done that, its a short leap to unicorns, hippogriffs, griffins, the lot of them. Nearly any four legged beastie. Anyway, I wrote to Robert back in April, asking for my old job back, and here we are. We're renting a house in the village because my wife has a job a few doors down, on the main street, managing a jewelry shop. She does all that realy fine work with magnifying glasses and all that. She's got all the patience that I don't have."

"That's always the way it goes, doesn't it?" Evan smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 56 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top