A Birth day - Page 53
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 53 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 53 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:40 pm

Jess chuckled and looked at Nigel "Yep, it's an evil necessity Im afraid, but yes I'll sort this out so you can do what you do best" she said and watched as he and the nurses ported Robert to the main house. Once the paperwork was done she ported to the main house and headed up to Robert's room. He heard Andrew and Nigel talking before she walked into the room. " it's good to see him in his own bed." she said walking over she smiled placing her hand on his arm . " good the porting didn't seem to disturb him thanks to your sleep spell." she looked over at Nigel and Andrew.

Jessie heard Chris and chuckled "Îmi place de el pentru că este moale și drăguț, nu pentru că este un hoț de lucruri strălucitoare (I like him becuse hes soft and cute not becuse hes a thief of shinny things )" Jessie saw hte card with the phoenix on and smiled " its a cool card
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5079

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:02 am

"I don't believe in anyone being any more uncomfortable than necessary," Nigel told her.

"Are you leaving the sleep spell in place?" Andrew asked Nigel.

"Yes, I think I will," Nigel said. "Even on a good night, I know he rarely ever sleeps more than four hours a night, and that isn't enough for anybody. He could use the sleep, first of all, but second of all, if I wake him, all I wake him for is to have to contend with that severe pain he's experiencing from being clubbed with a damned wrench. The hussy. If I can bring him some relief, then why shouldn't I? It at least lets him escape the pain he's going to have while he's awake. Michael, when you see Kate, would you ask her if I could borrow Robert's keys?"

"What do you need?" Michael asked.

"Robert formulated a high potency pain potion--the stuff he gave Angus when his shoulder was all bolloxed. He hasn't stocked it at St. Mungo's yet. I'd like to get into his workroom here to get some."

"Come with me," Michael said. Nigel followed Michael down the hall, and Michael took out a simple lockpick out of his pocket and unlocked the door in what seemed to Nigel like it had been a fraction of a second. Michael turned on the light and he followed Nigel inside. Nigel took a moment and then found the potion locked securely in an enchanted glass cabinet. Nigel got a nasty shock from trying to open the cabinet door. "Do let me," Michael said. He picked up a paperclip and used it to unlock the teeny tiny lock on the cabinet door. "Don't let the lock size fool you. It's quite a nasty little lock," Michael said, opening the door. "Which one?"

"The tall purple bottle," Nigel pointed. Michael fetched the bottle and handed it to Nigel. Nigel decanted some into a much smaller bottle and then handed the big bottle back to Michael who put it back in the cabinet and locked the door. "I think that's all I need for now," Nigel said. "Thank you. Did I hear right that someone else here was injured by that harlot?"

"Yes," Michael said. "She clubbed Angus in his bad shoulder with the same wrench."

"Not the one we rebuilt. Tell me it's the other one," Nigel said, wanting to be sure he'd heard right.

"Yeah. The one you rebuilt."

"Well, crap. I guess I need to go see him while Robert sleeps," Nigel sighed. "That boy won't come and see me, that's for sure. He rather seems to believe he can weather it all himself."

"Someone tended it. I saw a dressing on it when I was over there earlier," Michael said.

"Well, someone must have tied him down to do it, then," Nigel said. "I'll check on him in a bit."

Cris laughed when Jessie said he liked Nifflers because they were soft and cute. Cris looked at Angus.

"Așa că de aceea mă place - pentru că sunt moale și drăguță.” Cris told Angus. Angus laughed out loud.

"He said, so that's why you like him, because he's soft and cute too," Angus told Jessie, amused.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23549
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:10 am

Jess listened to Nigel and Andrew " I agree with that, I can stay with him if you want to fetch some, it's in his lab I believe" she said and watched as they both left to find the potion.

Jessie laughed and nodded at Chris's words then hugged him" Ai putea spune asta, dar imi place de tine pentru ca esti unic (you could say that, but I like you becuse you are unique) " he said and smiled down at him and looked to Angus and Ruby. Ruby smiled and nodded to Chris.

" that's a good reason as any," she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:27 am

"I can stay with him for whatever hours you need me to stay. Kate said she'd check on him off and on during the night if you like," Andrew said.

"I'm sure she'd appreciate not being run out of her bed," Nigel said. "If he's doing well at bedtime, I may just check on him a time or two during the night and let him sleep. Can we have the kitchen make some sort of soup for him? I'd prefer either a clear broth or just some sort of a plain cream soup. Something he can just sip on from a mug. He's not probably going to want much solid food today, but he could have anything he likes within reason, I suppose. Whatever he feels like. His headache isn't going to let him want a lot of food right now, though."

"I can talk to Nicky and Zoe and have them fix something, but the one who knows him best and knows what he'll eat when he doesn't feel like eating is going to be either Angus or Michael," Andrew said honestly.

"His favorite is a beer cheddar soup that Angus makes. Robert loves it," Michael said. "And I don't have his recipe. Maybe Angus would make it for him if we asked.'

"Uneori e greu de știut de ce mă placi cu toții aici, când propria mea familie nu mă place," Cris told Angus. Angus looked at him sympathetically for a moment.

"Uneori e greu de știut de ce mă placi cu toții aici, când propria mea familie nu mă place," Angus told him.

"i mie. Dar ți-e vreodată dor de ceilalți?" Cris asked. Angus shrugged, and Cris nodded, understanding.

"He told me he sometimes doesn't get why we like him when his own family doesn't, and I told him I can understand that because my family doesn't like me either. I told him I have a better family right here. Then he asked me if I ever miss the others, and I just sort of shrugged. I thin he understands it. The more he learns about us, the more he's going to feel he really does fit in here just fine," Angus told Jessie.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:39 am

Jess sat and listened to them talking about what they should do with Robert while he was recovering she made a note of the soup and smiled " I'll talk to them when I head down so they can make a start on it, once I speak to Angus and ask for the recipe" she said to them " I'll check on him as well since he is my mentor after all" she said and smiled to them. " now I'll head down and talk to Angus then talk to Nicky and Zoe on your behalf they will know the best recorse for a quick recovery" she told them and stood up " if you'll excuse me" she said and headed out of the room and towards the duplex.

Jessie heard Angus and nodded " I guess it is strange for someone so young to understand that it's not their fault their family thought that way and that not everyone thinks the same," he said smiling down at Chris "suntem cu toții o familie aici, iar familia înseamnă că ești acceptat indiferent de situație.(we are all family here, and family means you are accepted no matter what.)" he spoke softly to him with a warm smile " Im sure the longer hes with us the more likly he'll understand even with our diferences were a family."

It was now Ruby saw Jess walking over and moved to open the door " thank you Ruby" Jess said as she stepped inside " Angus do you have a recipy for a beer cheddar soup, Andrew said it is Roberts favorate, we'd like to have it made for when he wakes as Nigel feels he won't want anything heavy and I agree, but think this soup would be perfect to aid in his recovery , would you mind if we could have the recipy for Nicky and Zoe so they could make it for him?" she asked as Ruby gave her a cup of tea.

"you have been working hard , this should help destress you" she said and smiled to her " Its a wonderful green tea, light in theine, garnished with vervain, tea flowers, orange zest, lavender, camomile, tilia and cornflower." she said smiling . Jess tasted it and smiled .

"its lovely thank you." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:52 am

"They can have my recipe, certainly," Angus said. He went to his book, opened it up to the right page, found the recipe and copied it off quickly for Jess. "Arată-i lui Jess ce ai găsit, Cris," Angus said, as he wrote out the recipe. Cris picked up the frog card and took it to Jess to show her that Edward had a frog card. "Look what Cris found in his first chocolate frog, Jess," Angus grinned. "I had no idea. Neither did Edward. Marcus went to see if we can get more of just the card or if we have to buy several crates of frogs."

"How's Robert feeling?" Edward asked Jess. "You know, if he needs peace and quiet, you might want to consider bringing Abbey over here for the next 24 to 48 hours til some of this gets past Robert a little. We all know how noisy a three year old can be, and it isn't as if Abbey is ever a bother anyway. The more the merrier, and our teens here seem to like her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:01 am

Jess was glad Angus would let them have the recipy she heard Chris talk and Angus interprate and she looked down at teh card " is that Edwrad?" she said looking up at Angus ." I didn't know he had a card, neat" she said and chuckled but then looked back at him when Abby was mentioned " oh shes doing fine , I think shes found an intrest in Nicky and Zoe also Mollys been keeping her busy too" she said " so shes no bother , but I think now that Roberts home I might send her over in the morning just so she and molly don't wake him too soon , his head will not be in any place to tolerate any loud noise for several days." she said with a chuckle
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:27 pm

"That's fine," Angus said. "Why don't you tell her that I'll pick her up in time for her to have breakfast with us? I'll make her favorite breakfast for her, and I doubt she's had it since I cooked breakfast for her last--and that's been probably almost a year ago. If you think Molly will be lost without her, you might as well send her along, and a few of their favorite toys."

Angus heard the crackle of apparating, and he looked out into the yard to see Marcus arriving back home.

"Sorry," he apologized. "I took longer than I thought. It took me a bit with the kids to settle them. They were really angry. They'd heard already about their mum and her misbehavior at St. Mungo's, and they are furious with her. When they were little, I could let them have a tantrum, and then give them a hug and take them to Florean Fortescue's for ice cream, and by the time we left, they were fine. They're older now, and I can't solve the world for them with ice cream. Lord knows I'd love to. They want her blocked from ever being able to see any of them ever again, and they honestly don't want me to ever have to see her again either. I can't say I hate her, even after all this. I just don't feel much of anything about her, quite honestly. She's an obligation. That's what she is, and that's all she is."

"I'll help you find a good lawyer if you need one, and we'll get her out of your hair," Angus said. "I really do think Blackstone would do it. He's one of the best anyway."

"I can't afford the bill I have with him as it is," Marcus sighed.

"Yes, you can. I paid it. I know where you work. We'll work that out later. We have to get you unchained from this gorgon of yours...." Angus said. Marcus couldn't help but laugh when Angus called Evelyn a gorgon.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:38 pm

Jess smiled as Angus suggested Abby go to theirs in the morning for breakfast " all right I'm sure that will make her smile" she said smiling herself " I'll bring her in the morning "Hearing aperating she paused and looekd at where it had come from " oh hey Marcus" she said and watched as he spoke to Angus " understandable" she said then listened to moe " we'll pitch in too, Jack and I" she said " we both know about bad family members" she said thinking to James blood on Jacks side of the family since she didn't have any that she knew of.

Ruby fetched some tea for Marcus and added a little touch of fire whiskey into it for a bit of a kick " Here this should calm your nerves" she said with a smile and motioned for him to sit with them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:00 pm

"Well, that's true. You do have a rather disreputable family member, don't you?" Marcus said to Jess. "Thanks. I appreciate all the support. My parents, of course, want to help with the cost of a good attorney not just to get free of Evelyn but also to make sure that there is some sort of legal guardian other than me that will take care of her after I'm out of it."

"Well, since you're consulting with Jeffrey, I'd see what he has to say about a guardian. My guess is that it isn't the first he's had to look at that for someone," Angus said.

"Oh, I have a whole list of questions for him," Marcus said. "I'll let you know when I hear from him." He took the mug of tea from Ruby. "Thanks, Ruby. Oh, and about the frog cards--apparently Robert is going to be getting his frog card. It's due to come out sometime this summer. I doubt it will impress him much, though. My father is going to look into whether he can get just the cards. Until then, I bought us a big stash of frogs that should be coming in a couple days."

"Maybe I can make a contest out of it," Angus said. "Maybe I can offer some prizes for Edward's cards."

"That's actually a good idea," Marcus said. "Offer up some of your specialties--like a whole cinnamon roll or something."

"I could do that, I suppose," Angus said. "I think we'd only be after a few of them. We don't need all of them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top