A Birth day - Page 76
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 76 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 76 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 76 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:54 pm

Ruby looked at Marcus and sighed as she walked to the play mat to let Caprice play while she grabbed a coffee herself " your not the only one who needs coffee" she said poring three cups and handing them out. Looking at the bowl she chuckled and nodded "Yeah, I'd say about three large cakes" She watched as Marcus spoke to Angus and listened to him talk about what had happened " I get second strike" she said and looked over the top of her coffee cup.

She listened to them talk about the toaster and she chuckled as it poped up perfectly toasted in front of them. " okay no more shop talk until we've eaten okay" she said taking out plates and placing them on the counter so Marcus could dish up the food once done.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:06 am

"I think we could put off shop talk quite awhile, as far as I'm concerned. You know, you ought to make egg custard instead with the eggs. Or custard pie," Angus said.

"I hear there's an old fashioned beverage in America called an Egg Cream. Maybe that would do the trick," Marcus said.

"Um. Nope. There isn't any egg at all in an American egg cream," Angus said. Marcus stopped and turned and frowned at Angus. "I'm serious. Not a bit of egg in it."

"Then why is it an Egg Cream?"

"Apparently, it used to have eggs back in the 1800's but nowadays, an egg cream is carbonated water, chocolate syrup, and cream. That's it."

"Sounds like a carbonated chocolate milk," Marcus said, looking rather disgusted.

"Yeah, basically. As I hear, it's supposedly quite good, but I've never tried it," Angus said. "They used to sell it in ice cream parlors apparently."

"I think I'd pass on that one," Marcus said, plating up the eggs and toast and setting the plates on the table. "They're not your eggs, but they'll be edible."

"Good enough. Thanks," Angus said. He took a bite. "They're actually quite good. Light and creamy. Well done, Marcus."

"One of my few culinary achievements. I can survive on my own if I have to, but I certainly don't have your skills," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:12 am

Ruby chuckled and nodded " I'll make a cream caramel for dessert using the eggs and an egg custard dessert too" She smiled as she sipped her coffee listening to them talking about cooking she liked this banter and time of day. She looked over at Caprice and watched her play for a while giggling as her stuffed teddy fell on its back. Ruby moved and sat it back up only for it to fall again making her giggle more.

Moving from the couch she went to the kitchen and gathered the ingreidiants she needed to start the desserts she had decided to make. She let the boys talk and at th same time watched over Caprice as she heated and mixed the ingridiants for Cremcaramel. Once done she placed them in a bain marie and laced them in the oven then started on the creme caramel. " so whats the plan for today?" she asked,
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:30 am

"Good plan," Angus told Ruby.

"Plans for today," Marcus said. "Angus?"

"I need to do some weeding," Angus said. "It looks bloody awful out there. The weeds are choking out the plants entirely."

"You're going to be a bit too sore and stoved up to do all of it by yourself, not if you want to get through the bulk of it today. I'll give you a hand. Do you still want to talk to the landscapers about fruit trees too?"

"I'd like to, if I get the weeding done."

"We, Matey. We," Marcus said. "Ruby, I know you like gardening. You up for some weeding? There are a lot of flowerbeds around this house, not to mention the garden, and the tea garden. It might take us a couple days if its as bad as he says it is. I honestly haven't looked. Let's get this business overwith with Robert straight after breakfast before he buggars off to St Mungos--unless, of course, you'd rather see him in the A&E."

"No, I would not," Angus said, scowling deeply.

"Come on. Let's go next door and get it overwith. I'll clean the breakfast dishes up when we get back," Marcus said.

"Oh fine," Angus said, knowing he wouldn't hear the end of it until they did. "Let's go." He looked at Ruby. "You coming, or you staying here while we're next door?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:36 am

Ruby chuckled at Marcus and Angus then finished the creme caramel placing it into the same bane marie to cook slowly "Oh try and stop me from coming with you" she said as she cleaned up and moved to give Caprice her breakfast bottle. Picking her up she grabbed a blanket knowing Caprice would want to join them outside after they had been to see Robert . " Im comming " she said balancing Caprice on her hip a she walked with them over to the main house " I wonder if Robert has had breakfast yet" she said seeing Jess and Jack just finishing.

" hey Caprice" Jack said as he puleld aface to make her laugh as he headed out the door " sorry got to run, I think hes in the library" he said and Jess chuckled as she cleaned up the table .

"He is in the library, go o in" she said " I think hes reserching that rune on that coin, he mentioned you having it last night when he came back," she told them as she walked over to Ruby " you can leave Caprice with me I don't have a shift today, its a rare day off" she smiled as Ruby gave Caprice to her and smiled.

"thank you" she said looking at Marcus and Angus " shall we?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:02 am

Angus went with them over to the main house, not saying anything, and he followed them obediently into the library. Robert was awash in runes books he had brought back late last night from the farm. He hadn't actually slept yet. He had books in two piles. The ones on the left were the ones he had already been through. The ones he had yet to look through were on the right. And, as he flipped through the books, page by page, he was lazily stirring his teacup with a charm on the spoon in his cup. He looked up when he saw the three of them come in.

"I didn't expect to see you three so early. I haven't found out what the rune on the coin is yet, but I've found thousands of runes that it isn't," Robert said. "So what brings you?"

"She's penetrated through the sleeping potion," Angus told him. "I'm not taking it anymore. All it did was trap me in it and kept me from escaping til morning." Robert looked up at him, now quite serious indeed. This was the last he had expected to hear.

"That should not be possible," Robert said quietly.

"Well, somehow she did it," Angus said.

"New marks?"

"A few."

"The worst one is on his chest," Marcus said.

"Show me," Robert said. Angus opened his shirt, and Robert frowned even deeper, not liking at all what he saw.

"Reveal," Robert cast a spell at the marks on Angus's chest. The spell made the marks move, and it was not painless in the least. Angus winced but didn't make a sound. The marks shifted and made words. Robert read clear letters now, but they didn't make sense. The letters were "ousepamml"

"What does it mean?" Angus asked, feeling somehow like he already knew.

"I don't know, but we're going to find out," Robert said. He opened the floo to call Lee, and he got a woman's face in the floo.

"Tig here," she said. "Hello, Robert. Lee's catching just a wink or two. How can I help?"

"We've had another attack from the creole woman," Robert said. "She's etched some letters on Angus's chest, but they're nonsensical. Can you decipher creole?"

"I can't, but I brought in a bloke who can. Beau, could you lend a hand here, please?" Tig seemed to look behind her. "I'll write them down so we can research them." A young black man came and joined her.

"What are the letters?" he asked. Robert recited the letters to him, and Tig seemed top be writing them down.

"You don't need to research it," Beau said, seriously. "It's a phrase of possession. It's Creole, and it means, 'You are mine.' The last two letters are initials. ML. Presumably, in this case, for her alias. Marie Laveau."

"Is it a spell?"

"Well, I need to research it to be sure, but it may well be part of one. I don't know if it was completed or not," Beau said. "I'll research it. I might need to come and talk to the man she's targetting."

"Permission to come back, Robert?" Tig asked.

"Certainly," Robert said.

"Did she do this again in his sleep?"

"Yes," Robert said.

"Even with the potion?"

"The potion seemed to make it worse," Robert said.

"We're on our way. We'll be there in a bit. I need to wake Lee and update him. Give us an hour or two, would you?"

"Absolutely," Robert said.

"We'll see you then," Tig said, closing the floo.

"This looks like a burn, Angus," Robert said. "Let me go get a topical potion for treating burns. I'll be right back. We can at least take the sting and the heat out of them." He got up and left for a moment.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:10 am

Ruby stood quiet as Robert looked at Angus when he read the phrase she looked at Angus's chest as she heard Robert talk to Tig and the new man. " I hope they can stop this woman," she said moving to lightly touch Angus's chest " She can't keep doing this" She looked up at Angus " And she's wrong, you're not hers , you're mine," she said softly to him as her fingers gently brushed his chest.

"And I will fight for what's mine, till death do us part," she spoke softly not annoyed but affirming her words to him. She moved back to stand with Marcus as she watched Robert leave to get the burn ointment for Angus. She stood with Marcus her arms folded across her chest as she waited with him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:23 am

"She'll keep doing whatever she can get away with," Angus said in a quiet calm. "I think that's part of what Suzanne has done all along. She must have given this woman the same sort of instruction, I'm guessing. I don't care what burning or branding or whatever else she does to me. I'm not hers. She can't claim me, and she won't ever own me. I probably should be afraid of her, but I'm not. I just don't know yet what I need to do to stop her."

"We'll figure it out," Marcus reassured them. "She hasn't figured out what sort of a stubborn little git you can be." He flashed Angus a grin of amusement.

"Oh, I haven't begun to fight her yet," Angus said.

"We know that, but she doesn't have a clue," Marcus laughed. Robert returned with a bottle of potion for burns, and he dabbed it on the burns.

"That should help," Robert said. "So, do your best to stay awake today, and I'll get back to you on what you can do to get some sleep tonight, Angus."

"I'll manage," Angus said.

"Just make yourself available for Lee's team today, would you?"

"Tell them I'll talk to them so long as they help pull weeds," Angus said. That made Robert and Angus both laugh.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:34 am

Ruby chuckled at Marcus' words " To true" she said smiling at Angus. She saw Robert return with the ointment and place it on his chest when Angus mentioned the garden and weeds she smiled knowing that would keep them all busy for the rest of the day. It was now Jess walked in with Caprice on her knee.

"she wants her mother" she said as Ruby took her from Jess and Caprice snuggled against her while chewing on a cold dummy .

"awe , all right, come here Caprice." she said holding her close " I think she knows something is going on" she said and looked to Angus smiling " but shes not worried, takes after you that way" Ruby looked down at Caprice and smiled " want to help daddy pull nasty weeds?" she said and Caprice clapped her hands happily as Ruby chuckled and looked to Marcus and Angus , Jes chuckled and headed back into the living room.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:24 pm

"Thanks, Robert," Angus said.

"Angus," Robert said, ever the father figure that directed this team of fighters, "I can't blame you for being angry and perhaps a bit distant. I think I'd probably be in that same mood. but be careful with it, would you? Distance, in this case, is her weapon, not yours. The more distance she manages to force you to want, the less ineffective we could be in functioning as a team to defeat her, and in this case, I think that would be extraordinarily bad. Stay close to us. We need to know everything you see, everything you experience, everything she says. I could be entirely wrong, but with overly confident people like this, the devil very often is in the details. We might find something significant with something she doesn't intend at all to show you."

"I'll be watchful," he replied.

"Good man. I'll send Tiggy over when she gets here," Robert said.

"Okay," Angus agreed. He looked at Marcus and Ruby. "We have weeds waiting." He left, and he headed back to the duplex and started to work on weeding the front flowerbeds. Marcus settled in to join him. It wasn't one of his normal duties, but Marcus wasn't without some basic plant knowledge. He was able to identify common flowers from common weeds. Edward and Simone came out in their jeans and saw the others at work.

"Looks like we've been slacking a bit. How about we give you all a hand? We'll start in the tea garden and maybe we'll meet in the middle somewhere," Simone said. She and Edward headed out to the back yard to weed the tea garden flowerbeds.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top