A Birth day - Page 26
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 26 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 26 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 26 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:25 am

Jack heard Angus and chuckled nodding his head "Yeah" he said before watching Angus dive into the water he shrugged and slipped on his mask and slipped in himself swimming beside Angus as close as he could safely, he glanced to his left and saw Marcus slow Angus down " he okay?" Jack asked as he treaded water before continuing downward. He frowned seeing lights and heard Micahel " definitely seems that way" he said as he slowed his swimming down to match Michaels.

Drawing close Jack spoted a hatch " hatch to our left , want to go in or see if theres another way in?" he asked thinking it was way to obvious a way in. his hands brushed against the rusted metal of the sub and he paused " I feel vibrations from inside like machinery?" he said looking over at thm both.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:27 pm

"He's fine," Marcus said. "Evan has never experienced any of the things that Angus has or that we have. Nor has he had any training for it. Angus is understandably anxious to get to him quickly and get him out of whatever trouble he's into."

"Evan's always thought he can deal with anything that I deal with, but he's never really had any clue of what our lives and our jobs are actually like," Angus said.

"The machinery vibration could be some old muggle generators being used to supply power to that old fossil. There are only two hatches on a sub," Michael said. "One at the front and one at the back, and they're on the top. So if you're seeing it on the side, then the sub is on its side. The one at the front is the main hatch and the one at the back is an escape hatch. They'll both have airlocks so if we can access them both, that would be the best of all worlds, otherwise, it's gonna be hard for all of us to board without being heard. Hatches and airlocks are noisy as hell. They weren't intended to be quiet, so they're not."

"Then, one or two of us is going to have to make a direct, noisy assault on one hatch while the rest of us goes in the other hatch to try to gain the upper hand," Angus said.

"That's the way I see it," Michael nodded. "So I brought some toys. Here's my suggestion. I think that perhaps Angus and Marcus need to stay outside and mount one hell of an assault on the sub at the main hatch. That will draw attention, and then one of two things will happen, they'll either be drawn that way, or they'll run to the back. Either way, The other two of us are going to have to fight our way in the back. No offense, Angus, but that means the two going in will have to be able to hang from the airlock ladder with one hand and fight with the other."

"Understood," Angus replied.

"Can you two make pests of yourselves?"

"You have no idea," Marcus laughed. Michael opened a pouch he had on a tool belt he was wearing and he took two small pouches and handed one to Marcus and one to Angus. It looked like they had a bunch of multicolored marbles in them.

"Don't let their size fool you. I shrank them, but it won't affect their firepower. These are a special version of the bubbles Robert keeps for us. These are various colors of fireworks in little gel bubbles. Chuck 'em at the sub, and they'll make one hell of a big roar and they'll cause fireworks underwater in all sorts of colors."

"Nice," Angus said. He handed Marcus a hammer too. Marcus laughed.

"Worse comes to worse, bang on it?" Marcus asked.

"You could do that. Or--" he drew out some flat discs and handed them to Marcus. "These are sticky discs. These are lovely little buggars. They demand attention in two ways. You attach them to the hull by putting them against the side of the hull and then giving them a good hard whack with the hammer. That'll get some attention to whoever is inside that tin can. and then, once it's stuck you fire a blasting spell at it, which is another damn big noise, and that makes the sticky disc explode with a few seconds' delay, and that gives you a third big bang. So, one sticky disc and three big noises."

"I like that too," Marcus said. "Shall I presume you have some toys for inside?"

"Yes," Michael said. He pulled out a bag of bubbles that were about the size of golf balls. "These are troll poop bombs."

"What?" Angus frowned.

"Each of these little gems cause a stench like a whole pile of mountain troll poop," Michael said. Marcus started to laugh, and on the other end of the transceivers. they could hear Gervaise and the ship crew laughing.

"How are you going to keep yourselves from hurling?" Angus asked.

"Well, one of two possibilities. Our scuba tanks make it unnecessary to breathe that. Or--I have a a couple capsules we can swallow that will cause us to not smell it," Michael said. "So, Jack, you wanna make noise outside or chaos inside?"

At the hotel, the girls each selected a lunch item. Ginger selected a lunch portion of salmon with potatoes and grilled vegetables. Anise selected an Italian version of a cheeseburger with fried potatoes. Kate chose a Nicoise salad with their house vinaigrette, and Simone chose a club sandwich. Tara wasn't in the mood to eat, but Kate gently talked her into ordering, so she ordered a Caesar salad with some grilled prawns. When Jess selected her lunch item, Kate placed the order, put it on her room bill, and ordered it to be delivered up to the large triple room suite.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23821
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:39 pm

Jack floated next to Angus and Michael as they spoke about their plan. He could not help chuckle at the troll poop bombs Michael had on him " oh Im all for chaos" he said still chukaling at the thought of everyone pasing out at the smell of troll poop " um if Evans in there won't he be affected by the stench of those bombs?" he said now holding onto the back hatch handle as he waited for the word to go in.

Jess had chosen the same lunch as Kate as it sounded very delishious to her she let Kate place the order and went back to her word search book to kill time.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:01 pm

"Okay, so you and Angus are outside, and Marcus and I will go in," Michael said. "Evan? Well, certainly. If he's in there and we release the poop bombs before we find him, yes, he's liable to be grossed out. It's a calculated risk. If we can get to him before we have to use one, then we can protect him from that. Angus, does he dive?"

"He swims, and I think he snorkels, but, no, I don't think he dives," Angus said. "And, we'll have to do a deco dive if he's in there."

"Of course," Marcus replied. "I have the gillyweed with me. I'll mask him up with my mask, and I'll use the gillyweed. That'll give us an hour to get him up safely."

"Let us know if you've got him and when you start your deco dive, and we'll monitor from here," Gervaise said.

"You're set up for that?" Marcus asked.

"Absolutely," Gervaise replied. "And, we don't have a hyperbaric chamber but we do have two hyperbaric masks and a couple pressurized tanks. We can accommodate him," Gervaise said.

"You have made improvements, then," Angus said, impressed. "Good to know. Thanks, Gervaise."

"Of course. Every dive boat now has at least one mask and one tank now as standard safety equipment. Edward insisted."

"I will have to thank him." Angus looked at the others. "What he's saying is that while we don't have a hyperbaric chamber, we could still treat him onboard if we had to. We're good. I think we should do this." Michael handed Marcus some of the bombs, and Marcus handed some of the bubbles, the sticky discs and the hammer to Jack.

"Okay, Lads, make some noise," Michael told Jack and Angus, and then Michael and Marcus swam back towards the back of the sub while Angus headed off towards the bow of the sub to start to make a little noise. He picked up a rock off the sea floor and chucked it at the sub, causing it to have a big clang. He was careful not to puncture the sub, but he also wanted to make noise. He saw some extra lights go on, on the outside of the sub. Clearly they had muggle cameras. Angus kicked himself upward so that the cameras didn't see him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:09 pm

Jack chuckled and then listened to what was being said "Good thinking I say" he said and took the bubbles, hammer and disks from Micahel " got it to make as much noise without being seen" he said and chuckled then watched as the two swim to the back of the sub. Jack placed a disk and waited once lights came on he hid then struck one chuckling at the loud noise that came from it three times. " remind me not to give finn any of these as frizzbes" he said and chuckled as he saw Angus move to hide from the lights he did the same even though he felt in the murky water and his dark suit he would look more like a large basking shark than a human. He watched Michael and Marcus at the other end as he continued to make noise against the hull of the sub the sound echoing around them both.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:25 pm

Angus purposely set off a bubble from the opposite side of the sub, near the bottom, and Angus presumed that would send the people inside scrambling to the lower decks. Angus went up to the con tower and cast a spell to purposely blurr the glass on the periscope so they couldn't see.

"Jack, let's buggar the cameras. See if you can blurr the lenses," Angus suggested. "I've distorted the periscope lens. Now that radio tower is mine too." He fired a spell at the radio tower to cause it to short circuit. Then he set off some additional bubbles.

"That lad knows how to create some chaos, doesn't he?" Michael laughed. He opened the hatch. "Let's go." He and Marcus squeezed into the hatch, into the airlock and closed the outer hatch. Marcus equalized the pressure, and opened the inside hatch, letting them climb down and inside. Marcus was immediately met with some of Gelding's thugs.

"Welcoming committee," Marcus warned Michael, starting to fight to try to take them out.

"Oh, goody," Michael sighed. "Just what I always wanted. A bar room brawl at the bottom of the sea. Great."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:32 pm

Jack chuckled and nodded to Michael as he saw tehm enter now he started to set off the bubbles and noise to the front all the while picking up mud and wiping it across any lense he could see to blind whom ever was inside. " think we ticked them off" he said motioning to the front hatch that had now started to turn from the inside. Potting some metal rods he pulled it from the sea bed and bent it around the handle so it would not move " that should hold them"He said " when Michael and Marcus are ready if they use this hatch I'll remove it for them" he said as he wiped more mud on another camera lense close by him. .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:43 pm

Angus exploded more bubbles and took a couple of sticky discs from Jack and stuck them to the sub and exploded them.

"Jack. Company! Look!' Angus pointed to approaching swimmers with underwater lights. "Where the hell did they come from? Gervaise! You have another ship in sight?"

"Negative," Gervaise said. "What is it?"

"Swimmers approaching us from the east. And they're not from the sub."

"What? That's crazy! You need backup? How many do you see?"

"Negative!" Angus replied quickly. "Let Jack and I see if we can hold them off. Bombarda!" Angus fired a shot at one of the swimmers. He fired repeated nonverbal magic at the swimmers to try to drive them back. It would cause him to have to try to use his bad arm to keep himself swimming steady while he fired defensive spells with his good hand.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:47 pm

Jack let Angus take the disks and continued to blkco the sight of the camera but when Angus shouted about guests he turned and looekdat them elongating his claws he swum quickly over and grabbed a man from behind and slashed his through letting him float to the surface as he grabbed a second and pulled off his mask. Jack looed at Angus as he cast bombada and moved out of its way chukaling as one man felt it and began to swim to the surface. " ah not so quick mate" he said holding the mans leg so he stayed down with him. He pushed him below him and held him against the sub.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:56 pm

Angus used a sticking charm to stick the man that Jack had to the side of the sub.

"Like fly paper, Jack. He's not going anywhere," Angus said.

"Patching through Edward from the charter office, Boys," Gervaise said. "He's joined the communication connection."

"Angus, Gervaise says you've got swimmers? Not from the sub?" Edward asked, concerned.

"Affirmative," Angus said. "I see at least a total of four. Well, we had five. Now we have four. Jack's eliminated one, and disabled a second. Give me a second..."

"Michael, report," Robert said.

"Busy!" Michael said, still brawling. "Not a good moment. Go away."

"Give us a bit," Marcus said, still fighting too.

"Jack, on your six!" Angus called, seeing a swimmer creeping up from nowhere on Jack's back. Angus knew he wouldn't get to Jack in time. He fired at a swimmer who intended to take Jack out from the front, and this one was blasted back out of sight because of Angus' unintended extra power he had given his spell. "Oops," Angus said. "Wonder where he went."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top