A Birth day - Page 63
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 63 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 63 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 63 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:52 pm

Jesie sat and listened and nodded to Angus " of course, it is for the kitchen " he said and smiled as Chris opened it and smiled seing it. Jessie saw Abby yawn and move to sit on Angus's knee he also saw Ruby watch from the back door at how things are with the boys before smiling and heading back inside to Caprice.

Looking back to Yu he lookd at Jessie " he can keep it in the draw in its own space." he said " but no where near his room" Jessie nodded he agreed then looked to Angus " so what he ask?" he asked hoping he wa hapy with the knife. Jessie then looked up at the moon high above them in the sky and he chukled knowing one day Chris would not be afraid to go out when he moon was full.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:59 pm

"He asked me if I would teach him how to cut things the way a chef cuts things. He watches me cut things, which, of course, is not the way most people cut fruits of vegetables. So, of course, I said I'll teach him. I'd rather him learn how to do it right than do get in the habit of doing it wrong," Angus replied. He glanced down at Abbey to see she was in a sound sleep against him. Some things didn't change. She was always going to see that being curled up on his lap was a safe place to be, and he didn't want it any other way.

Cris asked Angus for some of the hot butterbeer, and Angus looked at Jessie and Yu.

"Cris would like some hot butterbeer," Angus told them. "Do you mind pouring some for him? I'd like to not uproot Abbey, if I could. It's been a long, long day for a three year old."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:04 pm

Jessie nodded " thats fine with us" he said and looked to Yu who smiled and nodded also. Seeing Abby sleeping on Angus's lap Jessie smiled then looked at him when he said Chris wanted to have some butter beer and if he could pore it for him." of course" he said and Jessie stood up and walked to the table. Poring some into two cups he walked back and smiled holding one out to Chris.

Sitting down again he took a drink of his own and smiled " this is good" he said as Yu took his cup and took a drink too and nodded. Jessie placed a log on the fire to keep it going a bit longer. " she looks comfortable." Yu said with a smile
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:26 pm

"The butterbeer recipe is easy," Angus said. "I managed to get it from Madam Rosmerta at the Three Broomsticks when I was in my seventh year. Some of us went to Hogsmeade one weekend in the winter when the weather was particularly bad. It was so bad that very few students even left the castle to go, but, Khaat knew about the one eyed witch passage from Michael, so we went to Hogsmeade anyway. We'd only been in Hogsmeade for a couple hours when it got to almost blizzard conditions, and we dashed into the Three Broomsticks to warm up and take shelter.

"Well," he continued, "as you can imagine, pretty much everyone who had been outside in the village had the same idea, so the Broomsticks was packed and the pub was short of help because not all her servers could get in. So, we volunteered to help, and in exchange, she fed us and gave us all the hot butterbeer we could drink. Sounded like a fair deal to us. So, I was helping back in the kitchen, and I watched her make big pots of hot butterbeer. So that's how I got the recipe. I don't think she ever really knew I had it, but I don't think she would really have cared either because I never took advantage of her with it. And besides, I'm the one who gave her the recipe they use now in cold weather for hot spiced pumpkin cider. She had tried to do hot pumpkin juice but it didn't sell, so I played with it until I had the hot spiced pumpkin cider, and she says it outsells her hot cocoa in the winter."

He smiled when Yu said Abbey looked comfortable. "Being on my lap is the place she has honestly been the most in her little life so far," Angus said. "It feels like home to her, and, actually, it feels like home to me too. Sometimes I have these images of her coming home in her last years in Hogwarts and still falling asleep on my lap," he laughed. "She spends more time with me than she does with her own parents just because they're so bloody busy."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:33 pm

Yu and Jessie sat and listened to Angus talk about how he gt the recipy for butter beer and chuckled " that cider is the best, while in Hogwarts thats all I would get " Jessie said smiling Yu looked at Angus as he listened.

"I have to go there and try it some day" he said as he lifted Chris onto his knee with his drink still in his hand. " its good they have places they feel safe, and they should be with family" he added Jessie ruffled Chris's hair and smiled at him. as he finished his glass and placed it next to him on the ground.

"well I love both the butter beer and the cider, but cider trumps it for me" he chuckled as he smiled and listened to the sounds around them, the crickets and frogs in the distance at the pond.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:42 pm

"Well, I'm glad you like it," Angus smiled. Cris looked at Angus.

"Faci asta în fiecare lună plină?" he asked Angus.

"Nu, dar poate ar trebui să facem așa ceva în luna plină, când vremea este bună," Angus said, as he heard howling from the north sector. It reminded him that Fenrir's pack was still up in the north sector. He had completely forgotten. Cris just about came unhinged in that moment, and he bounced up off Jessie's lap. Angus raised up his hand to motion to Cris to stop. "Stop. Crede-mă, Cris. Esti in siguranta. Nu vor veni aici. Esti in siguranta," he reassured Cris, trying to get him to not panic.

"I completely forgot they were here," Angus sighed, telling Yu and Jessie. "I'm sorry. I didnt' tell him about them because I forgot they were here. I can't blame him for thinking they'll hurt him. "Îmi pare rău, Cris. Am uitat că locuiesc în apropiere, dar nu sunt suficient de aproape încât să te rănească. Ești în siguranță cu noi." He continued to try to reassure Cris.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:51 pm

Jessie heard the howls and felt Chris start to panic he held him close to him " its okay Chris, their our freinds, they won't hurt you in any way I promise you." he said softly to him as he held him against him gently but firmly as even Yu held him close. Jessieeard Angus and smiled " I know" he said softly " we've had more imortan things to worry about, what with marcus nutty soon to be ex wife and Roberts recovery I understand" he said smiling then he looked down at Chris ." I can take you when your up to it to meet him, hes a nice guy" he said smiling to chris.

" needs a bath though" Yu said making Jesie chuckle" well he does have you stod up wind of the guy , phew does he give a skunk a run for his money" he said and chuckled trying to make light to calm Chris down and to him it seem to work as he stopped wrigling and sat huddled against Jessie.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:00 am

As they were sitting there, listening to the werewolf howls, Marcus came out and walked over.

"Shall I take the s'more supplies inside for you?" Marcus asked. "I can leave the butterbeer if you want."

"Yeah, probably, " Angus said. "The kids are done with them for the night, I think, but yes, do please leave the butterbeer for awhile longer. I'm sure Ruby knows what's ours and what's Jessie and Yu's and she could separate the supplies out and put our things away. We'll get you guys your supplies tomorrow, if that's alright."

"Abbey looks like she' just done, period," Marcus laughed.

"She is," Angus said.

"I'll come back and get her and tuck her into bed upstairs, if you want," Marcus said.

"If you think you can do it without waking her up. Hey, any sign of our wayward teens yet?"

"Oh. Yeah. They just arrived. It seems Victor's apparating is just a wee bit off. He landed them in the back yard--in the koi pond." Angus burst out laughing. "So, they're on their way to the showers so they can get ready for work tomorrow. So much for a romantic evening for four."

"Sam will never let Victor hear the end of it," Angus laughed.

"I think it might be Anise that gives him the worst time of it. She had a new pair of kitten heels to wear for tonight, and it looks like they might be ruined now," Marcus said.

"Oh, he's in for it now, isn't he?" Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:16 am

Yu and Jessie saw Marcus walk over and listened to him talk of the boys Jessie burst out in sot laughter so as not to wake Abby. " oh boy, too right he won't hear the last of it." Yu said smirking "Those things aren't cheap" he looked to Jessie and Angus "What I keep up with fashions." he said then heard Marcus mention the supplies "We're in no rush and yes she knows whose is whose." he said softly.

Jessie looked down at Chris and saw he too had drifted asleep and chuckled softly "Sems both have had it for the night" he said moving his arm slightly " maybe we should take both to bed ." he said looking to Angus, Marcus and Yu
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:28 am

"Well, I agree," Angus said. "We accomplished all we needed to with Cris for one full moon. He's got a month to think about it. Maybe we should introduce him sometime to the pack. I think the way to do it, is to let Anise take him since she gets on well with Fenrir. He could benefit, I think, from seeing that even those who choose not to take wolfsbane can look just like the rest of us. In the meantime, I think you're right. Let's call it a night and get the kids in bed." He stood up, picking up Abbey with him. "I think we're probably alright to let the fire burn out on its own. I'll keep an eye out on it in case it gets out of hand, but we also have the night crew that will keep an eye out for it. See you guys later. Goodnight."

He carried Abbey inside, and he took her straight up to the nursery, and he found the trundle bed already out and ready for her. He laid her in the bed, took off her shoes, transfigured her clothes into pajamas, and covered her. He accio'd BooBoo kitty and put him in bed with her, tucked her in, and gave her a little kiss, leaving the nightlight on, and leaving the door partly open in case she woke. Then he took a shower and changed into his pajama trousers, hearing the boys settling in their room for the night.

He came downstairs, yawning, to see Marcus locking up the house for the night.

"Did Cris do alright?" Marcus asked.

"No worse than I expected. Once he actually got it through his head that he didn't transfigure, he was pretty good about it," Angus replied. "God, I'm tired. It's been a full day."

"Yeah. Well, it's all locked up, so I might head off myself, if that's alright. I'm supposed to meet with Jeffrey tomorrow and Blackstone about Evelyn."

"Want me to go with you?"

"You have better things to do than that, but I appreciate it. I think my father plans on going with me. He seems to really want to go along."

"That's what dads are for," Angus replied. "Well, if I can help, speak up."

"I will. Goodnight," Marcus said, heading off to bed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top