A Birth day - Page 72
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 72 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 72 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 13, 2023 7:43 pm

"So far,' Angus said. "Ruby knows, but the girls don't. Edward and Evan took Phoebe to Tuscany. I know the girls are going to want to see her, but I don't want them to see her as she looked when she died. I have no doubt they've seen human casualties of werewolves before, but it'll be different this time. They don't need that trauma."

"Fenrir has definitely mellowed," Angus said. "I am sure he is very capable of dark things still but, certainly it has had to help him that he is not a lackey for the likes of Voldemort anymore, and I think having a pack of men, women and children that just want to live in peace probably also reinforces that for him."

Marcus, Sergio and Ana came in, and Simone told them to wash up and fix a plate too. Simone made a plate for Angus and took it to him and put it on the overbed table for him.

"I left your sandwich open faced and gave you a fork. You'll have much less chance of being sloppy with it," She told Angus.

"I appreciate that. They're almost impossible to eat with one hand."

"Well, I hope they measure up," Simone said. "I used your recipe. I had a sloppy joe once when Maurice and I were in a little tiny town for a weekend outside of New York. We couldn't get a hotel in the city, so we ended up in this little bitty town in a bed and breakfast there. Maurice finished his business rather later that day, so we had a choice of eating in an American diner or going hungry. Their special was a sloppy joe sandwich with chips. Well, french fries. Anyway, it really was tastier than I expected. I just never had a recipe for them."

"My first sloppy joe was in a diner in Colorado close to Brian's ranch," Angus said. He took a bite of his sandwich. "Well done, Simone. That's what they're supposed to taste like. This restaurant served their sandwiches with a side of Hot German Potato Salad and some potato crisps."

"Not to change subjects, but I saw Kate dealing with those children. They flocked to her like she was giving out candy," Sergio said.

"They know a good grandmother when they see one," Angus said.

"She was wonderful with them, especially the ones who had been hurt so badly. That James--he needs stopped," Sergio commented.

"James likes attention," Angus said. "Sometimes I think he does certain things because, one, he has no conscience. And second, he loves the attention he gets in the papers. And hurting women and children will only further his own cause. He wants to be notorious like that, I believe."

"I have no doubt of that at all," Marcus replied. "Are you going to tell Ruby?"

"I did. I sent her a note, and she sent a reply."

"Do you need help telling the girls?" Simone asked.

"No, I don't think so," Angus said. "It needs to come from me." He heard apparating sounds, and for a mere moment, he tensed up, dreading that it might be the girls, but a moment later, Edward and Evan arrived back from Tuscany.

"Come get a plate and tuck in," Simone motioned to them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 13, 2023 7:53 pm

Jack sat and listened to Angus as he spoke of fenrir and how he was stil capable of evil things but had mellowed since he didn't have Voldamoret to deal with. He chuckled as Angus spoke of the sloppy joe but it was Yu who spoke first.

"well this is my first and its a unique taste" he said having not had the typical american dish before. " but I will be having it again" he added smiling both men went quiet as Evan and Edward entered knowing they were going to talk about Pheobe and her berial.

"how did it go?" Jack asked softly knowing any funeral was not fun for both parties " and how you going to tell Ginger and Anise?" he asked knowiht they were both with Jessie in dyagon alley having fun.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 13, 2023 8:14 pm

"I had to identify her, of course. I'm glad you lot didn't see it," Edward told them, not going into detail. "They will reconstruct her for the sake of the girls before the girls see her, and, Simone, I owe you a dress. I took one to the funeral home for Phoebe to wear."

"Oh, for heaven's sake. Of course," Simone said. "Which one did you choose?"

"That royal blue dress with the square neckline and the white flowers."

"Perfect,' she told him. "You should have taken a necklace and some earrings for her."

"Well, actually, we did," Edward said. "I chose those pearl earrings of yours with the teardrop pearl dangles, and I took that really simple teardrop pearl pendant of yours. I'll replace them."

"No need. I never liked the earrings much, and I didn't have any other earrings to wear the pendant with. Its a good choice. She deserves to look beautiful. I think you chose very well," she told him.

"Well, we made some arrangements for a funeral, chose a casket, some flowers, chose a headstone. And Rosaria and Carlo wants to fix a meal for us afterwards. We just need to let them know how many people will be coming," Evan said.

"Thank you," Angus said. When Jack asked about how he was going to break the news, he sighed. "It isn't going to be easy, but it has to come from me. What some of you don't know is that their dad told me he can't take care of the girls without Phoebe. Apparently he and Phoebe had drawn up papers to give me full guardianship of Anise and Ginger, but they hadn't see me to give it to me. Ruby isn't on the paperwork only because they didn't remember her name."

"Well, she only saw them maybe once or twice," Edward said. "That's understandable. I'm sure we can remedy that if you want. So you now, for all practical purposes, are their sole parent."

"Temporarily, yes. That's why it has to come from me. I'll talk to them alone," he told them. "But I'm sure after their initial shock, they're going to need all the family they can get."

"And they'll have it," Sergio promised. "We'll be there for them just the same way we're here for you."

"Of course," Ana agreed.

"I know," Angus said. "I know all of you will be, and I'm counting on it."

The girls were anxious to get home and to take the chocolate to Angus and to show him the gifts they had gotten for Sam and Victor, but the moment they apparated back to the estate and landed in the yard, they smelled werewolves. Lots of them, and they smelled blood and death.

Edward heard apparating, and he went to the window.

"It's our pack," Anise said to Ginger quietly, fear rising up in her throat. Her heart started pounding in panic. "I smell them. They're here somewhere."

"I smell them too," Ginger said. "And it's not good. Not good at all."

"Angus," Edward said, "they're here."

"I'm going," Angus got up. "Give me a moment with them, will you all, please?"

"Certainly,' Simone said, watching him go outside.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 13, 2023 8:22 pm

Jack and Yu listened to Edward and Simone talking and just stayed quiet not knowing what to say but when Angus spoke to Jack he smiled "Jess and I will be with you too" he said and Yu nodded next to him. You looked out the window as he heard aperating and saw Jessie and the girls he glanced at Angus and Jack.

"I will come with you," he said placing down his plate and standing up to wait with Angus. Jessie had had a great day with the girls and aperated them back he too smelt Werewolves and looked to Anise when she spoke about it being her pack "Why would they be here?" he said but smelt blood and antiseptic knowing something must have happened. He saw Angus walk out and saw the look on his face. Carfully he moved behind the girls ready for whatever Angus was about to say.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 13, 2023 8:50 pm

"No, please don't," Angus said, taking his sling off so he could meet their pain with open arms, as open as his bad shoulder was going to let him have. "I really want to do this alone. I really want a private moment alone with them."

Angus went outside, and he saw Jessie there. He could tell they all already knew something was really wrong.

"Jessie, would you please take the packages and go inside?" Angus asked. "I need a just one moment alone with the girls. Thanks."

"Angus," Anise said, now afraid. "What is it? What happened? We smell them. We know they're here."

"Yes," Angus said. "They're here. Fenrir sent me a note after you left and asked me to meet him. Before daylight this morning, another pack attacked your pack. A lot of your pack members were hurt. We brought them back here for their safety and for medical care. Your father is alright..."

"Our mom...what about..." Ginger began. She looked at Angus, and she didn't finish her words. "Angus?" Her voice was tiny now, afraid. Both girls were looking at him now.

"I'm so sorry," Angus said softly. "It was James. Your pack drove him off, but they weren't fast enough..."

"No! No!..." Anise's voice raised to a horrified scream, and she fell to her knees and then to a limp heap on the ground. Ginger knelt beside her and folded herself over her sister, and Ginger sobbed into the back of Anise's shirt. Angus knelt on the ground with them, and when they realized he was right there, they folded themselves into him, into his chest and they wept, clinging to him tightly as if their whole world was coming apart except for him.

"I want to go to them," Simone said softly, watching from the kitchen window.

"So do it, but let's not. Let's give them a moment to deal with the initial shock before we go out," Edward said. Angus glanced up, and he was positive he saw, back hidden in the trees, Dennis standing and watching. He was watching Angus holding his daughters, and there was a man from the pack standing with Dennis. Even with the sedative Robert had given him, Dennis hadn't been able to stay away. He didn't want to be seen, but Angus was sure of what he was seeing, and it told him volumes. It wasn't that Dennis couldn't take care of the girls. Rather, Dennis didn't want what had happened to Phoebe to happen to his girls. He was letting them go so they could live, and it gave Angus a whole new respect for Dennis.

Edward let them have a long moment with Angus, but he was also aware that Angus's energies weren't going to last forever.

"I think a couple of us should go out. Gently, though. Be very gentle with them, won't you?" Edward looked at the others. "Those girls have spent their whole lives being afraid that their human mother would be killed by her choice of deciding to live with a werewolf pack, and now their worst nightmare has come true because of James. So be gentle." Edward knew that Anise had bonded far tighter to Angus than Ginger had. Ginger, in her own way, had bonded to Ruby, but Ruby wasn't here. Edward feared that Ginger was going to feel more alone than anyone.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 13, 2023 9:00 pm

Yu nodded to Angus and stayed back in the duplex he moved to stand with Simone as he watched from inside. Jessie looked at Angus and nodded as he moved around them and walked inside he paused on the step as he heard Angus talk to the girls. Walking in he placed down the bags then turned to wait by the door seeing the scene in front of him it brought back the pain he had felt knowing his perents had died too.

Hearing simone he looked at her " me too" he said " this morning they were happy and laughing, now" he looked out at them in the yard. " now they're greving" he said softly Yu walked over to him and placed his hand on Jessie shoulder. Hearing Edward say they needed to go out side he walked out and over to the girls, helping Ginger and Anise to their feet he hugged both of them "Ruby might not be here, but Im here if you want to talk or just a hug." he said still hugging her close to him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 13, 2023 9:22 pm

The others went out with Jessie and Yulong, and Angus stepped back a little to let them provide the huge outpouring of emotional support that he knew the girls needed. The girls didn't have words right now, but Angus was glad to see they were taking full advantage of the support that all the others were offering.

Edward went to Angus first, letting the others wrap around the girls.

"That has to be one of the bravest things you've ever done," Edward told him very softly.

"They're going to remember this as one of the most awful moments of their lives," Angus said in almost a whisper.

"Yes. They will," Edward said, "but you know something? They will remember that and something else. They will remember you were there and you were steady and strong for them. And they'll remember every single person who's here right now to get them through. That's something they're going to hang onto." Angus hadn't considered that til Edward said it, but he knew Edward was right. Angus had had a lot of his own pain, but even in the darkest moments, he remembered Edward. Edward had always, always been there.

Angus noticed Anise looking around for something. Then her eyes lit upon him. He had been who she was looking for.

"Angus? What's going to happen to us?" she asked him.

"You're going to be here with me. That isn't going to change," he told her.

"Is our dad alright?" Ginger asked.

"Yes. He's here. He's in the camp with the others. I'll take you to see him later if you want." She nodded.

"And it was James?" Anise asked. "You're sure?"

"Fenrir said it was James. That's all I have is his word."

"Fenrir wouldn't lie about that. If James killed my mother, then I will kill James," she said. Angus understood. She needed to be allowed to be angry right now. Filling her full of cautions wasn't what she needed at the moment.

"I believe someday you will," he told her, still steady.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 13, 2023 9:28 pm

Jessie felt Anise move to Angus but kept hold of Ginger in a hug, He moved so she too could look at Angus. " I'll come too, since Ruby can't be here, has she been told?" he asked knowing Angus probably already told her but he wanted to know. Jack walked over to the girls and stood looking at them not knowing if they knew that James was his brother but he did know that he too would do everything in his power to protect the girls.

"if you go to the camp I'll come too" Jack said looking to the girls and Angus. " Jess wants to check up on a few patiants of hers that were serious but not enough to go to St Mungos." he said just as rain started to fall " you should go inside" he spoke softly to them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 13, 2023 10:00 pm

"Ok. Thanks," Ginger told Jack. "I need to know for myself our dad's okay."

"Me too," Anise said.

"Yes," Angus replied to Jessie. "She knows." When it started to rain, and Jack said they should go inside, the girls just followed everyone else and obeyed. Angus was amongst the last to go inside. He went to the counter, and he poured two bright pink mugs of almond tea for the girls, and he added a dose of calming potion to both mugs while he had his back to them so no one would see that he had done it. He took the mugs to them and handed one to Anise and one to Ginger "Here. Tea helps everything," he smiled at them. They sat down quietly with their tea mugs.

"Angus," Anise asked very quietly, not daring to look up from her mug because of the tears that were still falling. "My mom. What's going to happen to her? Where is she? The pack..they don't have any place special..."

"Your dad asked me to find a human place for her," Angus told her. "A safe place, so Edward and Evan took her home to Tuscany..." They both looked up, surprised at the decision. "You're in our family now, and that makes your mom one of us. So we made a decision to honor her as one of our own. We picked out a place in the family cemetery on the estate, and we're taking care of all the arrangements. We'll give her a funeral, and then, when you and your dad want to visit her, you'll all be able to go there whenever you want."

"You did that for us?" Ginger asked.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" he asked.

"Thank you," Anise told him.

"You don't need to thank me. It's just what family does," he told her. There was a quiet knock on the door. Simone opened it and saw Robert there. He came in, and he had a large basket with him.

"Nicky sent me over with supper for you for later. Yes, I know its still lunch time," Robert said, "but I had my marching orders. There's a something-or-other main dish casserole, and a vegetable casserole. I was told there's a big salad, some fresh baked bread, and dessert. So you don't need to cook tonight."

"Thank you," Simone said, taking the basket. Ginger looked up at Robert, and she got up and set her tea on the coffee table. Robert met her halfway, and he folded her tight into his embrace. She'd gotten close to him with all those days in sickbay.

"I'm sorry that happened," Robert told her, "but you and your sister will always have a place here, as long as you want it. And if I can do anything, you just say the word. Understand?" Ginger nodded.

"Anise wants James dead," Ginger told him quietly.

"So do we all, I think," Robert said. "I'm going up to check on Fenrir's wounds later, if you have a message you want to send."

"Jack said he's going too," Ginger said. "He said we could go if we wanted."

"Of course," Robert said. "Oh, and Angus, I have a message for you from Fenrir. He sends his regards and he said you are now trusted amongst the pack."

"Really?" Anise looked up, surprised. Ginger was as equally surprised. "That's a first. Fenrir has never ever told a human they were trusted anywhere near or in the pack."

"Sounds like that was significant, then," Robert replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 13, 2023 10:09 pm

Jack, Yu, and Jessie all moved inside as the rain started to fall they stood to one side giving the girls some space. Seeing Robert enter Jack nodded and on hearing Robert give Angus a message from Fenrir he smiled "I agree with Anise and it means Fenrir recognizes your a friend to the pack and can come and go with out question, but yes it's rare for a human to be able to do that I think the only other person to be given that is Robert" he said.

Jessie had moved to Anise watching how she looked at Robert when he passed on the message to Angus Yu moved and took the basket from Simone and smiled to her as he began setting out the dishes ready for supper time leaving her free to engage in the conversation.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top