A Birth day - Page 86
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 86 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 86 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 86 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 19, 2023 12:55 am

"Well, we only found out about that today too," Edward said. "He didn't tell anyone. Not even me. Kate saw a vision of it today, and I'm not sure what made her see it, unless it was something that maybe came up in Anise's memory. Sometimes seers end up picking up on other seer's stuff. Its not real common but it an happen.

"And I didn't get to that room where he was until the fighting was almost over that day," he continued. "I didn't see any other spirits there, but I have no reason to doubt Anise. The girls have never seen Caprice, but maybe if I show Anise a photo of her, she can tell me if its the same person she saw. Would Caprice try to shield him? Absolutely, and without hesitation."

"As for what we do?" Edward said. "I honestly think the reason he didn't tell anyone is because it was way too ugly and traumatizing for even him to want to deal with. I don't think it was to keep us in the dark. I truly don't think that was it. I think that much excruciating pain and suffering was more than he had any idea how to cope with, and in order for him to talk about it, he has to think about it. And, the more we talk about something, the more real it becomes to us, so I think he's coping with the memory of it in the very best way he knows how--by just moving forward and not looking back. I do think, though, that it was a huge part of the reason that he developed such a strong friendship with Marcus. I've read Marcus's dossier, and he's been through trauma of his own during his espionage years. He and Angus are kindred spirits in that regard, so he's been able to understand that sort of military trauma and to be an anchor for him.

"What he hasn't wrapped his mind around yet is that, first, after going through that, if he didn't need us to shelter and protect him for awhile, then we would have far more to worry about. That need to lean on others for awhile after a hell like that makes him normal. He's not supposed to deal with trauma that severe because people aren't supposed to survive it in the first place. He's not been able to have it even enter his thinking yet that if he had told us, then we all would have been more than willing to be anchor people for him like Marcus has been, at least as far as we all understand it. And I do think that he also feels humiliated by it, and he worries it will be entirely too much for you to handle if you did find out. So let me ask you. What do you think about it, and what do you really want to do about the fact that you know?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 19, 2023 1:08 am

Ruby listened to Edward and heard his question she crossed her arms as she thought about it then spoke "Nothing, there's nothing we can do, what's happened has happened and, as you said we move forward, its good we now know so we can understand and help when needed, both of them, but we can't change the past, and hes here with us, alive." she said looking up at Edward " I think it would be good for Anise to see a picture of Caprice but let her make the recognishion if it was her she saw, she did mention a nice perfume smell, not the cheap stuff Suzzane wears." She hoped her answer was good enough as she wanted to move past it, He was with them and that's what mattered, he was alive and laughing from what she could hear from the other side of the duplex.

She sat back and loked at Edward again as she spoke " as for the brotherly thing Marcua and Angus have , I am not against it, like you I think its doing him good, and Marcus is reasurance for him and myself I have to admit." she said and chukled " that and hes good with the girls and Caprice."

Jack finished his dumpling and patted his tummy " that was wonderful Simone" he said " you have to give Jess the recipy to make a ton more for me" he said and chuckled placing his bowl in the dish washer.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 19, 2023 1:29 am

"Well, I think that perhaps, its good for him to know that we know and that he doesn't have to tell the story of it over and over," Edward said. "I have an idea. Just a moment." He got out a number of different photographs of some of the blond women in the family that Anise had not met yet, and one of Caprice. Then he got some of Simone's perfume bottles. "Let's see if this helps to clarify for Anise exactly what she saw. Come with me. I am not going to acknowledge that you know, but if we discuss it right in front of you, then perhaps he'll just ease into accepting that everyone knows."

He took the photos and the bottles of perfume into the other side and put the bottles on the table.

"Anise, I brought some of Simone's perfumes. Do any of those smell like what you smelled that day?" Edward asked. Angus leaned ack uncomfortably. Edward looked at Angus. "Just humor me, alright?" Angus sighed and motioned for Edward to continue. Anise smelled the bottles and landed upon the bottle of Chanel No. 5.

"That one. I'm sure," she said.

"Thank you,' Edward said, deliberately not showing any emotion. Then he handed her the stack of photos. "See if you recognize any of these women." She looked at the photos carefully.

"Oh my gosh! There she is! That's her!" Anise said. "And she was standing in front of him, in sort of an at-the-ready pose."

"Can you show me?" he asked. She stood up and tried to imitate the stance. It took her a moment to replicate it, and then she looked at Edward.

"Like this," she said.

"You're sure?" he asked. She nodded. "Was it something like this?" He took out another photo of Caprice, showing off her mission wear and her silver axe, standing in her defensive position for the photo. It was exactly the stance that Anise was standing in.

"Oh. My," Anise said. "That's it. That's exactly what I saw. That's exactly what she looked like."

"Then I'm convinced. You saw her, and she was standing in front of him, shielding him." He showed the photo to the others." He looked at Angus. "She and Reginald kept you covered so it didn't kill you. It doesn't mean it didn't all still do damage, but it does mean that you have damned good reason not to trust her and not to want anything to do with her. That takes powerful magic for a spirit to be able to do that. She managed it because she loved you. How Reginald managed it, I don't know. Maybe I'll never know, but they saved your life. We will get Suzanne for all her crimes. I don't know when, but we will get her."

"I know," Angus said quietly.
"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 19, 2023 1:47 am

Ruby walked with Edward into their side of the duplex and moved to Anise as Edward gave her the selection of perfumes. When she picked the channel no5 Ruby looked at him as he gave her the pictures again she was not surprised she picked Caprice out of the ones that were there. She sat and listened to Anise and saw the picture that Edward gave her showing the stand she was in "She does look a formidable woman" she said smiling "Anise you did well." she said hugging her as she smiled at her "You just confirmed what we had been thinking, " she added and looked to Angus. " she kept her promise to you, from what I was told she promised to be there when you need her, and she was." she said then heard Edward talk again " Agreed, I feel that our father was trying to atone for all the wrongs he did, I think he realized that Suzzane was the driving force behind it all, obviously that's not to say he wasn't bad himself, but I guess after death maybe he had a change of heart, and I hope he accepted we've moved on" she said looking to Angus.

Now with it out in the open, she felt better leaving Marcus with Angus and the girls. Seeing the time she sighed "Okay I have to get going" she said moving to each one she gave them a hug. Pausing at Anise and Ginger she smiled " I'll be back for the funeral, don't worry" she told them as she hugged them close to her. " look after him Marcus" she said with a smile as she walked over to Caprice and picked her up and hugged her. Kissing her cheek gently she put her back down in her chair,"look after daddy" she said to Caprice who just chuckled. She then walked over to Angus and kissed him deeply her hands caressing his cheek as she spoke " I'll see you soon my brave protector, oh and I am still thinking about if I want to stop or not, what I said earlier I realize it was a knee jerk reaction" she said with a smirk as she waved to the others " catch you all later." she said and ported back to Switzerland
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 19, 2023 2:03 am

"I really wish I could have seen her too," Angus said quietly.

"Angus, you said something today to Robert that would have made immense sense to me, and it makes even more sense now," Edward said. "He asked you how you had it in you to fight after that. Do you remember what you told him?"

"Well, yeah. If I hadn't fought, I'd have died," Angus said.

"That's right. Son, even if she could have shown herself to you in that moment, she wouldn't have because she knew you every bit as well as I know you. if you could have seen her, you'd have been so caught up in seeing her one more time, you wouldn't have fought. You'd have been staring at her, and she needed you to fight. We might never know if she could have appeared to you, but we absolutely know she wanted you to live. And I am so grateful she could be there when I wasn't. And I'm glad for whatever Reginald's thinking was, that he was there too."

Angus watched Ruby saying her goodbyes for a few more days.

"Don't worry, Ruby," Marcus said. "I've got him." When she got to him and kissed him, he looked up at her.

"Don't do it if you're not sure. You do what makes you happy. Whatever that is," he told her. "We'll see you in Tuscany in a couple of days." She ported back to Switzerland, and he sat qietly for a moment.

"How are you with knowing that they all know now?" Anise asked him.

"I'm not thinking about it," Angus said. "I just really don't want to give Suzanne Tyler-Gelding one more moment's thought."

"I don't blame you a bit," Ginger said, feeling much the same way. Angus looked at her.

"The last we knew, James was working for Tom Gelding. If i find out that Suzanne is to blame for your mother's death, I will have her," Angus told her quietly. "I give you my word."

"I've thought a lot about that in the last 24 hours," she said to Angus, going over to him, "And what I know is that as much as I'd like to see her pay, I'd much rather not lose you or any of the people here that have really become such a good family to me. If it comes to it, we need to let her go, rather than risk any repeat of what happened to any of us in those tunnels." She gave him a hug. He nodded, understanding.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 19, 2023 2:09 am

Jessie watched Ruby leave and heard Angus talk to Edward he stayed quiet as Anise spoke feeling the same way. Jack stood up and looked at them all " as lovly as this is , I have to patrol so I'll say see you in the morning Jessie , Angus stay in bed" he said and chuckled " if you can't then stay safe" he added and headed for the door " oh Simone thank you for the wonderful meal" he finished then headed out the door to do his evening patrol.

Jessie chuckled " Im guessing you and Ginger want to hang up your dress and things." he said seeing Caprice become fussy where she sat " okay looks like a diper emergancy " he said as a strong foul smell rose from her direction " oh boy, excuse me some one need a change ...again" He said as he picked her up and headed up the stairs.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 20, 2023 4:35 am

"You're very welcome," Simone said. She smiled, seeing how quickly Jessie had taken to caring for Caprice. He was doing a good job, she thought. While he tended the baby, she and Edward put away the leftovers and cleaned up the kitchen, and Edward took out the rubbish. Anise and Ginger took their purchases downstairs to put them away, and they got their showers and settled in with books to read to unwind.

Angus fed both newborns, and Marcus helped to get them bathed and into fresh clothes for the night.

"Angus, did you have anyone specifically arranged to pick up the boys tomorrow later afternoon?" Marcus asked him as they put the babies in the Moses basket together.

"I didn't specifically ask anyone. I know Ruby had thought about asking someone but I don't know if she ever did. If she didn't, it isn't a big deal to go to Kings Cross to pick them up," Angus said. "Besides, so much has changed in just a few days time that I wouldn't be surprised if everyone didn't need just a bit ore leisure time and sleep, including you. You've been up practically around the clock with me."

"Hardly," Marcus laughed. "Perhaps right at your surgery, but that's been some days now. I sleep when you do. As for the boys, I'll do some checking with Jack and Jessie between now and morning to find out if anyone is still planning on picking them up.

"And, I have the small matter of a damned Hogwarts cake to do too, and I'm completely out of time," Angus sighed.

"I'm certainly not a chef, but with Yu's help, and if you ask Nicky and Zoe to help, the three of them might be able to knock it out for you before the boys get here. The steak supper can all go on the grill outside. I've see you do it before."

"Well, yes, baked potatoes, steak, and asparagus can all be cooked on the grill. That might work, but we should be buggaring off to Tuscany either tomorrow night or by first thing the next morning. There's so damned much to do there too."

"I can help you with the packing. You aren't going to need a whole lot since you have clothes there. This trip, I think you should simplify where you can. The pack isn't coming, so it's only going to be those of us who are already here," Marcus said, "and there isn't a one of them that doesn't know how much you've had on your plate already. They'd be fine with cold sandwiches and cans of soda, actually. I think you should change your perspective just a little. This isn't about entertaining two dozen people. This is family--your family--coming together to support and help. Delegate where you can. Your focus doesn't need to be on them. It needs to be on the girls and on Dennis. Sit--just for a minute." Angus obeyed, feeling stressed and tired.

"Look," Marcus said, "you're trying to give 200% to be an instantly perfect father to seven kids right now--and without Ruby. That's an impossible job in itself, and you're trying to do it with one hand--single handedly, quite literally. Nobody expects you to give 200%, certainly not one of those kids. You don't have to try to impress them because they adore you and the home they have here with you and Ruby.

Frankly, as for those newborns, you might be able to buy some extra cans of formula, some jugs of water, some bottles and take the newborns back to the pack. That would take you back down to five, four of which are old enough to help you with the one. That would make life dramatically easier. And, honestly, the sooner they're back to the women of the pack, the better it will be for the mother and for the pack. And in my humble opinion, what you could use tonight is to set all of these arrangements aside and get some dreamless, restful sleep."

"Maybe you're right," Angus said. "I am tired."

"You ought to be. I'll help you get your shower so you can curl up with your book for a little before you turn out the light as soon as I take care of the dog. I'm going to let Finn out for one last trip. It's starting to rain, and it's supposed to amp up to some thunderstorms that are supposed to go all night. I'd like him indoors before that," Marcus said.

"That's ok by me. I think the sound of a storm is relaxing at night,' Angus replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 20, 2023 8:53 pm

Jessie finished with Caprice and walked abck down with her. Placing her in her chair he looked over at Marcua dn Angus " so what time do I have to be at platform 9 and three quaters?" he asked " Ruby asked me to fetch them, im just asking so I can time my patrol around picking them up." he said sitting back down on the couch as he made a small toy move making Caprice laugh.

Looking up at both of them he spoke again " you haven,t forgotten have you?" he asked and sat back on the couch as Yu entered carrying a large box in his arms .

"okay I know Im not a professonal but I got the bones of a castle done" he said placing it on the counter he lifted the box off to reveal a castle shape white cake " I thought you could do the fine details." he loked to Angus " hope its okay?"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 20, 2023 9:20 pm

"Ah, we were just talking about that," Marcus said. "We knew Ruby had asked somebody. We just couldn't remember who. The graduation is apparently crazy early in the morning, but that's because the graduates have to catch the train. The train gets into Kings Cross tomorrow at half past six. It's an eight or nine hour trek on the train, so that's why it's so long. Now, as far as their trunks and such go, you will probably find all sorts of wizarding drivers on our side of the platform, so I would hire a driver to haul their trunks and suitcases and then have the boys bring their owls with them when you apparate them home. Most likely, the drivers will be delivering the trunks the following morning, and that's fine. We'll have to be buggaring off to Tuscany that morning anyway. But, as I said, you do what you like."

"We also were discussing something else," Angus said. "Marcus suggested it would be better not only for the newborns but also for the health of the pack if we sent the newborns back to the pack with bottles, cans of formula, and several jugs of bottled water. He might have a point. And since I'm not a werewolf, I'm not an authority. What's your opinion, Jessie? If we keep them, we'll have to take them to Tuscany with us."

"The cake. Great," Marcus said. He and Angus looked at it when Yulong brought it in.

"It looks great. Just like the drawing. Thank you. So, maybe tomorrow during the day, we can get Zoe and Nicky and maybe Kate, since she's the artist, and we can get the fondant sculpting done," Angus said. "I presume you'd like to help us with that, Yu?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 20, 2023 9:26 pm

Jessie listened to Angus and nodded "all right so be there for six fifteen to be there in stime that lets me have the afternoon patrol" he said then heard him mantion about the twins " as much as I like having them here I do agre they would be better with their own family" he said " we could sent some formula and bottles along with suplies for them too."he added then paused as Yu walked in placing down a box on the counter.

Yu looked at Angus and smiled nodding as he spoke " yes, I would like that" he said " I will talk to Kate, Nicky and Zoe and ask them" he said and recovered the box " I'll leave it here for now." he added and headed over to the main house to talk to Nicky and Zoe and to see if he could catch Kate too.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Page 86 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top