A Birth day - Page 42
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 42 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 42 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:59 pm

Ruby looked up at Victor feeding Caprice and smiled at his explination of the cantakerouis hypogriff " oh they can laugh" she said then heard him ask dinner of gifts " dinners still a ways out so gifts " she said chukaling a she checked the chicken that was in the oven coking. Walking over she checked Caprice who was drinking happily in Victors arms.

Yu and Jessie moved around the perimiter of the grounds checking the animals and the barriers. Finding everything normal then headed to the barn where Yu fed and together they cleaned out the stalls. Returning Yu made dinner and they sat to eat, Jack washed up and moved to find Robert to find out what he wanted to do about the barrers , weather to go ahead and change the protection spell to not allow family in with out permishion.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:12 am

"That stack over on the left is for you, Sam," Angus said, "and Vic, the stack on the right is for you. Ru, would you be kind enough to open the stack in the center please? I think you'll figure that stack out as you go."

Sam went to his stack and opened the first package, it was the black leather motorcycle jacket.

"For me?" Sam was wide eyed, knowing it had surely been expensive.

"For you. Try it on," Angus said. Victor opened his first package and found his jacket as well, and it was slightly different from Sam's.

"I've got one too!" Victor was excited.

"See if it fits," Angus said. The boys put on their jackets. They were just slightly big, but Angus had done that deliberately, knowing the boys would put on some muscle as they trained. "Do you know what those are for?" Angus asked.

"Um...motorcycles?" Sam asked.

"No," Angus laughed. "Keep going. Maybe it'll come to you." One by one, the boys opened their packages and found the black jeans, the black tee, the black boots and the black wand holsters.

"And it's not for a motorcycle?" Victor asked.

"That is your first set of mission wear," Angus said.

"Why is it all black?" Sam asked.

"Because most of our missions are at night, and being able to stay unseen could save your life," Angus told them. "You don't wear this unless you're told to, but you keep it ready at all times in case you need it quickly. We will make sure you have several pair of black jeans and several black tees because sometimes you could need a change of clothes mid mission. But--if you're serious about being fighters, then we're serious about supporting you--if you learn to do it right."

"Do you have a black outfit?" Sam asked.

"Absolutely," Angus said.

"Can we see it?"

"I suppose," Angus said. He transfigured his trousers and his sweater to black temporarily and got his leather duster and his hat and put them on.

"Oh, cool!" Sam said. "I like it. Looks like you mean business."

"That's because if I'm wearing it, I do mean business," he replied.

"Do you have other hats and coats?"

"Not that I wear," he said. "I've worn this hat and duster on almost every mission I've ever done. They're like old friends to me."

"Suppose we'll feel that way about these?"

"Do the job long enough, and I'm sure you will," Angus replied, sending his hat and duster back upstairs. He changed his trousers and sweater back to their original colors.

Robert had been out, going between St. Mungo's and the ministry. He had gone to the ministry to do some checking on Suzanne's claims and then to the hospital to work. Now he wanted to come back and bring some spring cookies that Lizzie wanted everyone to try for her spring menu.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:20 am

Ruby nodded and opened the first small package then a second and laughed holding up a baby sised miker jacket, Moving to Vinctor she took Caprice from him and lay her on the couch while she dressed her in the tiny mission wear. "some one else is ready too" she said and showed Angus Caprice wearing her mission wear. " she looks so cute" Ruby said smiling " and oh my god you guys look...bad ass , is that the right term?" she said chukaling then she smiled " I think you guys suit the mission wear." she said then turned to see Angus in his and could not help the blush that tindged her cheeks pink "That is how your dad looked when I first met him" she said softly and sighed with a smile.

Jack not finding Robert back yet sat down with Jess to wait. Jess was reading a report from the hospital and other files from work. Robert made some tea and placed a cup next to her making her smile.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:35 am

"I think you picked exactly the right jackets and all, Dad," Sam said. "Thanks. I hope we make you proud."

"You already do," Angus said.

The boys laughed when they saw the baby in mission wear.

"Somehow, it just doesn't have the same intimidating effect," Victor laughed, "but I bet the jacket will be warm when its cold or damp out, so it will have a practical side."

"Yes, it will," Angus said. "I know there isn't much practical about it, but I couldn't help it. If she's going to be in this family, she might as well be ready from the outset. And, so you know, Ru, I opened her an account at Gringotts like the boys. We're going to do things right from the very beginning." The boys listened to Ruby tell them that Angus was wearing mission wear the first time she saw him.

"She's crushing on you," Sam looked at Angus and laughed.

"The same way that werewolf girl crushed on you the other day?" Victor teased Sam. Sam scowled at Victor.

"He met a werewolf girl that has the hots for him," Victor told Ruby.

Robert set the large box of assorted spring cookies on the dining room table, and he went through to the kitchen and poured himself some tea. "Hey, Zoe, the cookies on the dining room table are from Khaat's restaurant. They'd like us to do some taste testing. Could you take a few of each kind and make a plate of them and make sure they get over to Angus's and Edward's please? Angus has consulted with Sparks from day one, and we don't want to accidently forget to send some to him.

"Absolutely, Minister," she said. "I'll do it right now. Lunch will be ready in a few minutes."

"Call me Robert. I am not the minister anymore, thank goodness," Robert said. He took his tea and went through to the living room and he saw Jack and Jess there.

"Hi, All," Robert said. "Lizzie sent an assortment box of her spring cookies for us to try. Please try at least a couple kinds and let us know what you think. Jess, I'm going to be in and out of St. Mungos' this afternoon on an errand for Angus. I'm counting on you and Khaat to be able to keep things under control on your normal shifts while I'm out."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:42 am

Ruby chuckled and blushed as the boys said she was crushing on him " hey, I can and always will have eyes for one man," she said smiling at Angus then she heard Victor tease Sam " well well, next time if you want bring her here." Ruby said trying to get across to sam she had no issues with any female he chose to date being were, witch or muggle. She had learned to take people for their actions and not how they are born or blood. "but your riht that jacet was a perfect choice for Caprice , she'll be very snug in it and its water proof too" Ruby said to Angus.

Jack heard Robert return with cookies and smiled Jess looked over at him. " hey Robert and sure" Jess said Jack stod up and walked over to Robert .

"has Angus spoken to you yet?" he asked hoping he knew of the situation with Suzzane trying to get to Angus threw his dreams.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:53 am

"Her dad clearly does not like humans, so I don't think that relationship will go anywhere until she's legal age at least," Angus said.

"Yes," Robert replied to Jack. "He did. He wanted me to give him a pass to Azkaban so he could go talk to the witch. I saw no good coming from it. A dark arts witch in her position has no need to be truthful about anything. I've been to the Ministry to research the Tyler family tree and Ruby's mother's lineage. So, first of all, most of the records at the ministry or St. Mungos does not specify whether or not someone is a white lighter or a dark arts practitioner. It only specifies pureblood, halfblood or muggleborn. That sort of thing. However, I do have a couple of friends who are going to research the records of the Daily Prophet for me. So I haven't found much that is helpful yet, but I do think we should err on the side of caution and try to make sure that Angus and his family are as safe here as we can help them be."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:02 am

Ruby listened to Angus and sighed " well until then maybe ask Jack to go with him when he goes up to the camp" she sugested "and when that time comes if your still with her, as far as I am concerned shes welcome here" she said smiling. Ruby then removed Caprices jacket and place it down on a chair close by her. " okay dinner should be done , Sam could you set the table please Victor please grab the plates from the hutch, Angus d you know if Edward and simone will be joining us or have they made there own plans" she asked

Jack nodded as Robert spoke " okay so I'll get new protections spells in place so she can't come in" he said " shs been trying threw his dreams " he said "and Mchael said she has pysicaly tried already in the west side of the grounds." Jess stood up and walked to Robert with a ile in hand .

"Well it explains this file of a woman admited for sever injuries that looked like she'd been flug a far distance." she said and gave him the file to read. She also showed him a picture that came with it " shes claiming she was attacked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:21 am

The boys got up, still wearing their jackets, and went to set the table.

"I have no idea," Angus said. He wasn't sure where David was either, but he knew he wouldn't be far. He got and went next door and saw Simone was just taking something out of the oven while Edward and David were sitting at the table hulling strawberries while Edward told David stories about his werewolf hunting days.

"Ruby sent me to see if you all wanted lunch," Angus said.

"That would be lovely," Simone said. "I've made some shortcakes and the boys here are cleaning my strawberries for me. But I bet none of you over there like strawberry shortcake, do you?" She was teasing, and Angus knew it.

"Oh no. Not at all,' Angus laughed. "Just bring it right over."

"It'll be ready in half a tick," Simone said.

"Fair enough," Angus said, as he heard Caprice start to cry. He went back and saw Victor looked helpless. "What's the matter, Mate?" Angus asked, calmly.

"She drank it all, and now she's all pissed off about it," Victor said. "I don't know what to do for her."

"Give her here," Angus said, taking her. "Did you burp her?"

"Did I what?" Victor asked.

"Thats what I thought," Angus said. taking over. "Simone and Edward and David will be over in a moment. You guys go take your jackets off so you don't get salad dressing on them and then go get your lunch. I'll be there when our little banshee stops wailing."

"Kate and I thought we felt something last night," Robert said. "We were asleep but it woke both of us. I'm not sure why we knew, but we both felt something wasn't right. It was only for a moment, though." Robert took the file and looked at the photograph. "Well, that's her, alright. She's had some sort of glamour spell work done. Those bruises are from being tossed off the grid, and the burns are the second level spell. She obviously tried twice. Truly, she's an imbicile. You watch. By this afternoon, she will have completely disappeared. Gelding will come and collect her and leave no trace. We have to step up our grids so that absolutely no one gets through unless they belong here and have my permission to be here. You and Michael do whatever you need to do to tighten this up, Jack."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:29 am

Ruby watched the boys take off their jackets and heard Caprice she was glad Angus went and picked her up then went to find the others as she dished up the chicken to go with the salad, sending it over to the table she made fresh pots of coffee and tea along with sodas and juice for any one who wanted it before moving to wait for the others.

Jack and Jess both listened to Robert and nodded but it was just thenthat Jess received a note " ah too late she disappeared already" she said reading the not and passing it to Robert " she left after she was treated, you were right gelding sent two of his men and they aperated right out of the ward, taking her with them." she said, " aparently she didn't like it as she was shouting at them."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:39 am

"Well, Gelding had no choice, really," Robert said. "She obviously doesn't have the hang of what its like to be married to a man wanted by the law. Gelding had to come and get her because if he didn't, the aurors would have, and they'd have used her to get to him. So, obviously Tom has figured out his wife is a moron and he's learning he has to keep an eye on her. Jess, just for kicks and giggles, get the hospital crew on her room immediately just in case she left anything behind by accident. I want anything of hers that she forgot to take gathered up straight away and taken up to Marcus. Don't wait. Get them on that right now before Tom has a chance to send his men back to make sure the room is clear. We might be able to use whatever it is she might have left."

When Simone and Edward and David came over, Simone had a tray full of beautifully assembled individual fresh strawberry shortcakes.

"Simone, those look like those could be pictures in any food magazine," Angus said. "They're beautiful."

"Thank you," she smiled.

"She needs to stop making them look so inviting. I've gained five pounds since our wedding," Edward laughed.

"And it's all right here," she teased, patting his belly lightly.

"Celery sticks for you, then," Angus teased Edward.

"Hush your mouth, Boy," Edward laughed. "I hate celery. It's nothing but stringy water." That made the boys laugh hysterically, and as they did Caprice let out a huge belch.

"You're not very ladylike, Ralph," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top