A Birth day - Page 18
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 18 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 18 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:15 pm

Ruby smiled and took the cup of tea listening to him talk she could not help but laugh at his reply to the head and year heads "Thank you,and oh I think so." she said chukaling as she sipped her tea " I didn't here them yet so Im guessing there still sleeping." she said " lets enjoy it before they do awake and stampead down to et us out of house and home" she chuckled and tickled Caprices tummy making her giggle in Angus's sling. " is that the sling you use to have Abby in?" she asked seing it around him. "I think its cute and looks god on you too." she smirked at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:27 pm

"It is," Angus replied to her. "Kate made the sling when she knew I was going to have her with me day in and day out. I'm not sure, but I think she might have woven the fabric. she had several different neutral colors of yarn, and I think she wove it herself. This sling and I have covered a lot of miles together, that's for sure." He got up and got the sheet pan of pastries and set it on the counter for them to cool. He liked the smell of the hot apricot jam and the almonds and the sugar.

"I didn't have a recipe for these. I improvised. Puff pastry filled with a sweetened almond ricotta cheese, apricot jam, and slivered almonds, with some sugar crystals on top. They don't have a name. They're just...I don't know. Breakfast thingys." He got out a stack of plates and dished up a serving of eggs for each of them and a fresh pastry, and he took a plate to her and then sat down at the table. "I decided simple was good enough today."

"I wonder if Robert's done with his potion yet. Sometimes, if the potion has a lot of steps or if its tricky, it can take him hours to brew it. I hope Fenrir was right. He was the one that told us how to cure Jessie, and I felt he was being legit. At this point, he doesn't have a reason to lie to us, and he does have a bit of respect for Edward. So I don't think he'd risk pulling a lag. But I honestly don't know what is involved. Fenrir said that the cure is taking the poison and converting it to a burning dust, whatever that is. He said Robert would understand it, and it does seem like he understood. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens after he makes this dust stuff."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:34 pm

Ruby looked at the sling and smiled " then it's a family heirloom, She fits right in it" she said and smelt the delicious smell rising from the sheet pan " wow they smell divine" she said watching him place them down on the counter. She heard him describe the breakfast desert and chuckled , Breakfast things sounds a good name to me" she said watching them cool in front of her.

Sitting back she listened to him talk about the cure for Jessie and nodded " I hear you there, some times the simplest of curse, has the most difficult cure." she said then heard Fenrir's name mentioned " from what I understand he has no vested intrest in Jessie so no reason to lie. It was now a knock came on the door and Jack walked in and took a deep breath.

"now thats a smell I like" he said and smiled " oh just came to tell you Fenrir has the potions, all of them and a few emercancy kits too, I took them to him this morning" he walked over and looked in the sling " sleeping , wow your a true dad" he said to Angus and chuckled
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:49 pm

"Well, help yourself to breakfast if you like," Angus told Jack. "There are eggs in the skillet and some weird breakfast pastry I improvised. Watch out. They're fresh from the oven. I'm glad Robert's working on something for Jessie. I just hope it works. We will see how great a dad I am when the school gets the little note I sent them."

Edward and Simone came downstairs and poured coffee.

"Good morning, Everyone," Edward said. "God, that smells good. I'm starving."

"Morning," Angus replied.

"No more howlers during the night, apparently," Edward snickered.

"The school sent Sam and Victor each a howler at 4:15 in the morning and suspended them, saying they were awol," Angus said.

"Yes, and this bonehead," Edward looked at Angus, "tried to set the house on fire."

"Well, no, now, I was only trying to shut up the stupid howlers," Angus defended himself.

"By firing lighting spells at them? That was your solution?"

"It worked. they're gone," Angus shrugged. Edward looked at Jack and just shook his head.

"Are we going to see them this morning?" Edward asked.

"I'm thinking we might not have to. I might have sent a howler of my own to them."

"You did not!" Edward said, unbelieving.

"I did. As a matter of fact, I sent 500 of them to the headmaster, 500 to Sam's head of house and 500 to Victor's head of house."

"You can't be serious!" Edward scowled.

"I am very serious. I actually did," Angus said

"Good lord, Boy. Those boys won't get back in ever. They'll never graduate."

"I doubt that will disappoint them," Angus said.

"Well, Jack, you might want to be on the lookout for an owl from the school, then," Edward said. "1500 howlers. For crying out loud." Simone fixed a plate for Edward and one for her and passed one to Edward.

"Oh, Jack," Angus said. "I want to get a large box of potions and bandages and essential first aid things together and deliver them to Fenrir. I thought I'd ask Robert or someone to help us select what would be the most useful to them. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:05 pm

Jack looked at Angus and smiled as he took some food then saw Edward and Simone walk down " morning guys " Angus, I already took the potions over to him with some emergency kits added in for free, he sends his acceptance and thanks" Jack said biting into a pastry " yum, you can make these again" he said eating some eggs as he finished he sipped some tea had made for himself. " if you want to add anything else I can make a second trip over to him, I think he's trying to recruit me" he said with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:19 pm

"Oh, good. Thanks," Angus said. "Just so you know, Edward, Fenrir trusts you, but me? Not so much."

"He doesn't know you yet," Edward said, unfased. "Give him a bit. You keep proving to him that you mean no harm to him and his pack and that he can rely on you to keep your word, whatever it is, and he'll trust you. It really wouldn't hurt, Jack, for Fenrir to know that even if it does break pack tradition, he can trust you to treat him with some of that pack honor and respect. We don't have to be best friends with him. However, the fact remains that James poses a legitimate threat to him and his pack, not just to us. That old saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend still rings true. James is our enemy and Fenrir's, and so long as that remains, it puts his pack and us together temporarily as strange bedfellows."

"Is he related to the same Fenrir Greyback in the history books?" Simone asked. "Sorry. Just curious."

"He is that same Fenrir," Edward said. "It is very uncommon for a werewolf to live to the ripe old age that he has. Frankly, most of them end up being killed at a much earlier age because they continue to become either more animalistic or deeper into the dark arts. There are only a handful that I know of, like Jack, who have been on a more honorable path and who have much of a chance to actually have some golden years."

"I wonder if I will ever get to meet him," she said.

"You would want to?"

"Yes. I think I would," she said.

"My wife has a very adventurous spirit," Edward grinned. "Maybe we could include her the next time we go to the Forbidden Forest. She actually has mentioned being interested in taking some training, maybe going to the Colorado bootcamp this summer."

"I don't want to be a first string fighter. Nothing like that, but neither do I want my only option to be being left behind. If there's a possibility I could learn to fight, then, if the number of warm bodies count, I would be interested in tagging along."

"Do you think Robert would be open to it?" Edward asked Angus.

"I don't see why not. Kate goes on missions from time to time," Angus said. "Jess goes sometimes too. Ruby's had the training. Sometimes every wand counts..." As he was speaking a little owl not much bigger than Pip flew in and lost his grip on a little rock that had a letter attached to it and dropped it right over Jacks' head. The letter had a Hogwarts seal on it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:25 pm

Ruby smiled hearing simone ask for some trainning " Edwards right all the women here know how to fight , right now Im just a mom" she watched the owl drop the rock at Jack.

Jack felt the rock and ducked catching it as it bounced off the top of his head " hay, im not a post box" he said glaring at the owl then down at the rock " huh its for you from the school" he said handing it over to Angus whle he rubbed the top of his head and mumbled about stupid owls making Ruby chuckle a little.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:46 pm

"Maybe he was just looking for a shiny surface," Edward teased Jack in a friendly way. Angus opened the envelope. The owl perched on Jack's shoulder and screeched loudly right in Jack's ear.

"He sounds like he expects a tip," Angus said. "The glass jar on the counter has owl treats. If you give him a treat, he might not try to eat your ear, Jack."

"Well, its from the headmaster. He says we should expect to hear from him sometime this morning, whatever that means," Angus said.

"Last one washes the dog," Sam called back to Victor and then promptly slid down the banister downstairs. Victor, on the other hand, apparated from the bedroom down into the kitchen, both of them arriving at about the same time.

"I win!" Sam said.

"Nuh uh," Victor said. "I was here first..."

"You are such a liar. Were not..."

"Was too," Victor said. They started to play wrestle and put each other in a headlock.

"Are you going to stop that?" Simone asked Edward.

"No," Edward said, eating his breakfast. "If they keep it up, they'll eventually choke each other out, they'll both pass out, and all this noise will stop."

"What?" Simone seemed horrified.

"You only had one boy. You don't get it," Edward laughed. "Have a platoon of them around, and you learn this crap happens. Or watch Jack trying to settle some of the grounds crew after they've been at one of Robert's trainings."

"Yeah. They finished the last one with a couple kegs of stout," Angus said. "There are some things even a werewolf isn't powerful enough to break up. And Robert's ground crew with booze? Yeah. Not so pretty."

"So what did you do?" Simone asked.

"Me? I got a glass and I joined them," he shrugged. "Oh, Jack, so you know, at the winter training next month, they have already ordered 3 full kegs of firewhiskey. But you don't know that. I never told you. Got that?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:54 pm

Jack pulled a lounge at Angus but chuckled then turned to hear the boys coming down the stairs and chuckled . " guys, guys, it was a draw" he called to them " come eat or I'll eat it all and you'll go without" he picked up a second pastry and began eating again hoping mentioning food would make them stop fighting and come eat. He stood up and moved to the treat jar taking several out he fed one to the owl who stayed on his shoulder watching the boys with interest as Jack passed treats to it.

Ruby watched as they started to wrestle in the living room. Ruby sighed and gave a loud whistle "Hey, no roughhousing in the house, take it outside" she said in a softer tone. "we got an owl from your headmaster this morning" she told them as she dished up two plates for the boys " so best behaviour until we know what he wants." what? I grew up with Jessie."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:04 am

"Killjoy," Sam looked at Ruby. He and Victor went over to the counter to fix their plates. "You are such a sore loser, Vic." Sam muttered at Victor

"Loser? You're the loser. I won, Knucklehead," Victor scowled at him.

'Did not," Sam said.

"They sound like brothers to me," Angus laughed.

"Is this normal for boys? Really?" Simone asked.

"Brothers and sisters. Yes. Completely," Angus replied.

"So do we have to go meet him or what? I'm not dressing up. Just so you know. They suspended us, so I own him nothing," Sam said.

"We don't know yet," Angus said. The boys ate large portions of breakfast, as most teen boys tended to do, and then they stepped in and did the washing up without being asked.

"Who are the and what did they do with my boys?" Angus asked.

"Robert's heading to Jessie's and he's got some sort of a leather bag with him," Sam said, looking out the kitchen window.

"Sounds like his dust is ready," Angus said.

"I'm going over," Sam said.

"Nope, nope, nope," Angus said. "Absolutely not. Give Robert some space. If you want to visit later, that's fine."

Carrying a leather satchel and a travel mug full of French Roast coffee, Robert arrived at Jessie's place and knocked on the door.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top