LONDON CALLING - Page 26
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 26 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 26 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 26 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:40 pm

"Well, I suppose you're right," Angus said, not really having given thought to Abbey's opinions.

A moment later, Nigel came out with his bag, and Robert was with him.

"Oh, that's pretty, isn't it?" Nigel said sarcastically. "I underestimated what I thought that would look like. By the looks of it, you're lucky to be alive at all."

"He isn't lucky," Robert said. "He's a damned good fighter, one of my first string team. He survived because he used his skills. A lesser man would perhaps have been killed, but Angus Donohue is not a lesser man."

"So who is a first string and who isn't?" Nigel asked, sitting and opening his bag.

"I only allow first string-ers to live in my house," Robert said. "If they've made it to live in my house or Brian's main house, that means we've learned we can trust them with our lives. I do have a lot of other employees, but they aren't all the caliber that actually have quarters under the same roof as my wife and my daughter and granddaughter."

"I see," Nigel said, clipping off the dressing. He took the gauze off, and he and Robert studied the incisions. Angus glanced down at them.

"I look like Frankenstein," he sighed, looking at the way he had one large incision and several smaller ones that went every which direction.

"Who's Frankenstein?" Nigel asked.

"Character in a muggle fiction book, a story about a monster made from random parts of muggle corpses," Robert said. "Supposedly a creature so hideous he terrified anyone who looked at him."

"Well, it isn't that bad," Nigel frowned at Angus. "Besides, just so you know, I didn't any new incisions to speak of. I lengthened one or two so I could do repair work underneath, but what you see is, almost all the work of that enormous canine. It does look nice and clean, though. I don't see any infection, so I'll just clean it up and dress it again, and then, yes, you could have a shirt, I suppose. But you do need that shoulder immobilized or you'll buggar it up."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 pm

Ruby stood with Angus as Robert and Nigel spoke, then he started cleaning and changung the dressings. Hearing him say he was frankenstine she shook her head. "To me your not frankenstein. " she said " but you do know frankenstein only did what he did out of love." she said trying to reasure him he looked fine to her.

She waited for Nigel to be done and slipped the shirt on his good arm first then slowly moved it to slip on his bad before gently doing up each button before finally kissing him. " your just as hansom as they day I met you." she told him " now food." she smiled at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:03 am

"Does nobody here pay any attention to wizarding laws about not using muggle books or films or technology?" Nigel frowned.

"Not really," Robert shrugged.

"And you were Minister!" Nigel scowled.

"As Minister, I needed to know what all those things are," Robert said.

"And you have two massive estates full of muggle contraband," Nigel sighed, frustrated.

"And yet, I caught you the night before last down in my cellar watching a muggle movie," Robert said with an amused grin. Nigel scowled at Robert and packed up his bag, except for a bottle of pain potion. He poured a stiff dose and handed it to Angus.

"Drink," Nigel said. "And then, she's right. Do get yourself some breakfast. Do I have to actually tell you that you're grounded from your job duties today?"

"All of them?" Angus frowned, not feeling he'd be completely grounded.

"Yes, every bloody one of them," Nigel said. "No if's, and's or buts', and that's final. The stoving up you're experiencing will keep you from it anyway, but just in case you're as stubborn as the rest of the Lupin clan, yes. You're completely and totally grounded."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:16 am

Ruby chuckled at Nigel's words. "Hey, we all need something to read." she said shrugging her shoulders at the both. " besides both my perents are muggle, not sure where I got it from." she smiled listening to Robert and Nigel talking about how he was found watching a miggle movie. She lent close to Angus " I wonder which movie it was?" she said " Dr zhivago?" She pondered but then smiled " okay food, I'll get you a tray, please just sit and relax." she told him kissing his cheek as she moved to the kitchen. " Oh and next time please wake me."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:26 am

"Go on, then," Robert said to Nigel. "Tell them about your experience with muggle cinema."

"I thought I was going to see a nice, peaceful little film about sheep," Nigel said. "And it was completely revolting. There wasn't one sheep involved. It was some daft muggle doctor who looked alarmingly like Michael Tremaine and who had gone turned to homicide and cannibalism." Angus knew exactly which movie Nigel had seen, and he burst into uncontrollable laughter, and, of course, that made Robert laugh too

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:31 am

Ruby laughed too and looked to Angus finishing the tray with a bit of everything on it. Walking over to him she placed it down on the table infront of him and went to make one for herself " so not dr zhivago then" she chuckled.

Jack stood looking up at the rockie path that lead up to the cave where the wolves lived and looked back at Brian " not far now." he said then noticed the dry river bed " Kate was right that rivers dry." he pointed to their left. Wlking up he heard wimpering from inside. Pausing to kneel down two wolves walked out and stopped at the entrance. He placed the back pack down " were here to help, heal" he said softly they tipped there head but at a second whimper they moved aside. " come on" he told Brian.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:41 am

"Clearly not," Angus said, still laughing. "Thank you," he said to her, grateful for her help with breakfast.

"I'll go check it at the spring and then follow the spring to the block, presuming it is a block. I don't know what else it could be, honestly," Brian said. Brian simply waited for Jack to get them through the wolves at the door, literally, and then he walked back further in the cave and saw what looked to him like the largest of the wolves he had seen, and Brian could already see this wolf was hurt. He knelt down near the wolf.

"I need the pack, please," Brian said quietly. He opened the pack when Jack set it down, and he got out a little piece of meat and offered it to the wolf who sniffed it and just turned away and laid his head down. That wasn't a good sign. And then he noticed a pool of blood by a back foot.

"He's got a serious wound near that back foot, Jack," Brian said. He looked closer at it and saw the leg had been injured by some sort of wand blast, he was sure. "Someone fired a spell at him and caught his leg. It's bleeding badly. I can do some repairs on it, if he'll let me, but it'll need a little bit of surgery. He'll need to be kept quiet and safe for a bit. Kate was right. We need to be able to take him with us and put him in Kate's part of the barn. So, can you get them to agree to go with us back to the barn if we keep them in plenty of food and water and they agree not to hunt?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:47 am

Ruby smiled at Angus loving the sound of his laugh.

Jack nodded and moved towards the wolf he looked at it and it lowered his head. It was now one of the females walked over and nudged Jack he turned and looked at her. With out saying a word he covayed it was bad and they wanted them all to come to the barn. At first she whimpered and glanced at the pup but when Jack spoke again " they will be fed, your whole pack will be fed." he told her. She moved from him and to the pups who stood up and moved to the packsniffing it. " all right we'll...I'll carry the pups so they don't get hurt." he offered and looked at Brian " they've agreed, so long as I carry the pups there." He took out a bandage and handed it to him " use this for now to stop the bleeding, oh and it seems hed their alpha but he was taken a couple of days ago buy some bad smelling men then dumped in the river bed."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:04 am

"Well, alright. First things first. This male needs take care of, and then, I'll get on the stream and maybe, in the process, I'll find the alpha." Brian bandaged the wolf's leg and then he levitated the wolf to avoid having to carry him the whole distance back. The instant he levitated the injured wolf, a large female dove at him knocking him down, growling viciously and showing her teeth at Brian.

"Would you mind telling her not to eat me? I presume maybe they moved the alpha out of here by levitating him? And now they think I'm gonna chuck this one in the stream too. Now they tell us," Brian sighed, trying not to get rattled.

Angus ate what he could of his breakfast and set the rest aside. He was tired already.

"Time for a rest," Robert told him. "Try one of the lounge chairs. "They're better than a dining chair.

"Robert, could I possibly build a little holiday cabin for Edward?"

"I think that's a capital idea," Robert smiled. "You could build it here or over at Brian's. Whatever Edward likes. When you find a spot, just let me know."

"I haven't talked to Edward yet, but..."

"He'll be grateful you thought of him," Robert said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:12 am

Jack paused in what he was doing and looked to the femal " hes not harming, helping...don't eat, um..taste bad." he said and looked opologeticly to Brian with a shrug the femal backed off and huffed " hes her mate, should be safe to move him now." he said to Brian placing the last cub in the pack each yipping excitedly. " hey settle down or you'll fall out and I think mama will not like that." he told them and each sat quiet looking out at him " good, now mama its a walk please stay close,as I said food, water, aid and safty will be waiting ." he slowly stood up with the cubs in the back pack. " ready brian?" he asked as the femal and two others moved one infront and two others behind them.

Ruby saw Angus set a side his breakfast plate but she was happy he'd eaten what he had. " I'll get the dishes and prep food for dinner, you rest." she told him " oh and I'll fetch a blanket from the cupboard too, and don't complain I love looking after you, you can repay me other ways when your better." she gave him a cheeky smile as she gathered the empty plates.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top