New Year News - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Year News - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Year News

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Year News - Page 2 Empty Re: New Year News

Post by Nikki Lestrange Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:25 am

Oy...Let me have a nap before I reply! I read well skimmed through them and well I'm going to say anything except that I am truly sorry. It partially my fault. But other than that there aren't many more character on HP for people to choose from, like I was going to be Hermione or Ginny but they were taken. I mean maybe this site really isn't so much HP anymore not sure why..And PA hasn't died! People are on holidays so no there wouldn't many people around New Year and Xmas! What do you expect? Oh and I still think it's sort of HP..kinda....kinda...anyways HNY to all!! Love ya! Nikki Granger xxx
Nikki Lestrange
Nikki Lestrange

Number of posts : 6103
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Firstly, when I'm online then the admins say that there's no work to do and says to come online at a time which is so impossible for me. And even if I try to come on at that time, by that time they finish the work. And complain that I was sleeping. Hello?? Everyone ha s a personal life & problems. The timezones are really bad. All the admins except Darren goes to sleep at the time when I come. It's not an abuse, it's just the fact. So it's the blame on Timezone.

Ok so your saying that you don’t do work because you’re not on? All I have to do is point at the chatbox at the side. A new member wanted their app accepted, the only admin that was on was you, and you just leave. -.-‘ That kind of thing annoys me. THEN you go around blaming me and Jemma for doing all the work?? If we didn’t do the work, who would? God…

I would also like to say a last thing. About not abusing any admin (by an admin). I admit that I really don't work. At all. And I know I won't be able to either. That's the why I stepped down from the Head Admin's position. The person who is in that position deserves it. But please, **** up. no one has got really any right to state the fact a hundred of times that I don't work. But if you don't know, it was Andrian and me who made PA. I didn't want to say that. But if PA wasn't here then probably the admins would not have been here either. So here, I'd like some eensie weensie bit credit myself. Maybe I'm not the Head Admin, and I shouldn't have said these things. So I'm sorry. Really very sorry

One, you didn’t step down from the head admin position. I’m head admin only by name, mainly because you didn’t want to step down, remember? -.- Anywho, its not like I’m crazy for power or anything, I really don’t care if I’m head admin or not, im just pointing that out. And fine, I won’t state it again, just don’t get pissed off then whenever I say me and Jemma and occasionally Jess do all the work. And yeah, I know it was you and Andrian who started PA. And that’s really ironic, the founders are the admins who are the most laziest! But OK, whatever. Rolling Eyes I'll stop bashing you now =)

The first time Darren de-ranked me before anyone else was on and the second time I deranked myself.

I de-ranked you? Don’t remember that =P But sorry if I did xD

Anyways, I think Pa has lost its HPness slightly and I mainly blame it on the unreastic RPing rather than the new face claim things Jess. Telepathy, guns, cars blah blah. The Non-HP RP section is just stupid (its an HP site for the love of god!). I'd of erased it before now but its just so popular, but i think i really will now.

Last edited by Darren on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Jess you need to understand, you were gone for a long time and maybe you shouldn't be an admin any more if you don't like the changes around here. I like the changes and Potter Army has not die! And it more better, all other HP sites do the same thing. Changes is good, Jess.

All admin's should help each other, not being lazy while only two people do most of the work. All admin's should work together, put the bad past behind.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4133

http://thetwistintime.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:03 am

Yeah changes were not bad.But this face claim has made a disaster since there is not so many charcters in HP movies and this became more like celbrity site rather than HP.

I agree changes must be made,but putting Potter's Army to look like Celebrity's Army is not excatly what I have on my mind.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:53 am

We don't need to keep HP celebraties from the movies because this site is not a movie at all. It is role playing with different characters and different faces. No one said it was a disaster, you and Jess are just thinking for your self. It still a HP site, no one really needs to keep all the same character from the movies, it gets us all mixed up.

And when choosing a face, that means we are making our character more than HP movie stars and it also giving the freedom for us to choose an actor or actress.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:43 am

^^ Um, Mari, just because we have celebrities that aren't in the movie doesn't mean it takes away concept of what's HP and what's not. Go on any other normal site and you'll see pb's being used, not just people from the movie UNLESS they're the canon character.

EDIT: That was pretty much what Elizabeth said, but ya.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Number of posts : 13516
Special Abilities : Wandless

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:46 am

Thanks Gin for adding more.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:34 am

Elizabeth Potter wrote:Jess you need to understand, you were gone for a long time and maybe you shouldn't be an admin any more if you don't like the changes around here. I like the changes and Potter Army has not die! And it more better, all other HP sites do the same thing. Changes is good, Jess.

All admin's should help each other, not being lazy while only two people do most of the work. All admin's should work together, put the bad past behind.

It hasn't died but I won't agree with the fact that its better than before. Well in most ways it is actually, Organization, layout, background and all that. But in activeness, not really =(
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Krum Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:29 am

I never said it die, which it hasn't.
Elizabeth Krum
Elizabeth Krum
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:24 am

A new member wanted their app accepted, the only admin that was on was you, and you just leave. -.-‘ That kind of thing annoys me. THEN you go around blaming me and Jemma for doing all the work?? If we didn’t do the work, who would? God…

For that new member, after I posted saying if she needed help, she posted back saying yes after 49 minutes. You can check if you want. I wasn't on for so long. Secondly, I never blamed you and Jemzy for doing all the work. I blamed the timezone. Every work you do has never been disapproved by me, even if I disagreed on it, would it be undone? No.

One, you didn’t step down from the head admin position. I’m head admin only by name, mainly because you didn’t want to step down, remember? -.- Anywho, its not like I’m crazy for power or anything, I really don’t care if I’m head admin or not, im just pointing that out. And fine, I won’t state it again, just don’t get pissed off then whenever I say me and Jemma and occasionally Jess do all the work. And yeah, I know it was you and Andrian who started PA. And that’s really ironic, the founders are the admins who are the most laziest! But OK, whatever. Rolling Eyes I'll stop bashing you now =)

For that, you might not remember but I did try my best to put you/Jemzy in the Group Moderator of the Administration forum. It didn't work, then you told to switch accounts with Jemzy. I refused on that, You can't blame me for that. Even you wouldn't have switched your account if you were me. And secondly, did I ever say that you were power hungry? I always appreciate your work. Doesn't really help if you go on making things that I didn't do or say. I did say we are the laziest. You can't change the fact can you? And really, do I ever get pissed off when you say that you & Jemzy & Jess do all the work? And thanks a lot =)

Mariana: We are not canons. We all have original characters who were not even in the HP movie, so we don't need the HP celebrities right?
Founder

Number of posts : 4824

https://www.pottersarmy.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top