You Say That It's Hard Standing Still - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You Say That It's Hard Standing Still - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You Say That It's Hard Standing Still

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You Say That It's Hard Standing Still - Page 4 Empty Re: You Say That It's Hard Standing Still

Post by Lucien Holt Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:38 am

“I know,” he returned from his spot wrapped around her. “I didn’t want to say anything. I shouldn’t have. It just escaped.”

A frustrated groan left him almost silently, but it was directed at himself. He needed to sort himself properly so he could calm Millie enough that she could move on. He wouldn’t mention it again, of that he was certain. Not to her, at least. A pull to disclose his decisions to Robin was there in his gut, and Keiran couldn’t reject the idea of going to talk to the younger man. He had never needed his friend more.

The transition back to his old personality would not be painfully difficult, but he had to worry after if Millie would catch on. If she did, Keiran feared she would just end up angry with him for not listening or not being honest with her. Hadn’t he just reminded himself that he refused to lie to her? Mentally chiding himself, he worked it out in his head:

It wasn’t lying. It was changing to make her happy.

If Millie wasn’t happy, he wouldn’t have even a shot at being happy. Of that much he was sure. These past few months had made that quite evident, he was sorry to say. But Keiran hoped that it made him an alright husband, since he couldn’t really ever be a good one.

His skin seemed to catch fire as Millie’s fingers traced over the lines and creases there. He felt the fabric of his shirt being gripped further by her hand even as she lifted to meet him. A quiet, desperate sound formed in the back of his throat when her lips brushed over his, the memory of last night not far enough away to allow his pulse to maintain itself. The gesture was one that started the healing for him, and Keiran assumed Millie knew as much when she had initiated it. But it almost hurt that she was so close and he was so close to being his old self. Once he was, things wouldn’t be so hard. He just needed time for the issue to pass before he could rightfully take up the pretense.. So he didn’t try to push the kiss any longer, allowing it to end mutually.

Keiran opened his mouth several times to interject, but decided that letting her finish would probably be best. Better to get everything out and go from there than to stop her and cause any more unrest.

“If we’re being honest, it might’ve taken you pulling me out the window.” He mumbled finally, choosing to show her that he preferred to move past the problem all together. “But I promise, anyways: I won’t put up any igloo walls. I’d much rather hide under the covers where you can crawl in as well and we can go back to just… just the original version of us.”

Taking her hand, Keiran led her down the hall to what he had assumed would be their master bedroom. “And that can be done in here, once furnished, and we’ll have Sundays again and it’ll be good. I think. I hope. But then we’ll be near the twins’ room and then if they have nightmares they’ll end up in here anyways. But more often than not, we can probably manage to find time to sneak up here and cover our heads with the comforter and chat like we should’ve been doing.” Nodding firmly, Keiran turned to see what Millie thought of his nonsensical rambling. “Right..?”
Lucien Holt

Number of posts : 612
Special Abilities : Seer l Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top