Marriage is Murder - Page 53
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 53 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 53 of 99 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 53 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Michael went over to Khaat and found she was uncomfortable, restless. It was understandable. He merely sat down behind her on her chaise and drew her back to lean on him. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"How are you doing?" he asked quietly. "How's the arm? Your pain potion should have worn off by now."

"I'm okay," she said very softly.

"Yeah?" he asked. "You sure?" She nodded. "They're fixing dinner for us. I want you to try to eat something."

"Brian isn't eating tonight," she said, so soft he could barely hear it.

"No, but your father is sustaining him," Michael said. "He's got that covered."

Downstairs, when Fi and Kieran arrived, Robert knew this was going to be a difficult moment for them. When Jess spoke, Robert's reply was simply, "That's up to them."

Kieran and Fi both said hello to Jess, but their minds weren't on whether she was there or not. They were thinking of Brian.

"Life support," Kieran said, watching Robert. "How are his chances?"

"Not good," Robert said. "Not good at all. If I had to give percentages, I'd give him perhaps a 20% chance of surviving. But for him to be anything like he was, right now, I can't give him more than about 5%. I'm hoping that improves the longer the spells are at work, but right now, its not good."

Marcus went to his cabin and found Angus had seen to it himself. He had made the cabin, first and foremost, hers, as Marcus would have wanted it. He made sure Marcus had a comfortable chair with a footstool so that he could at least sit and doze if he so chose. There were extra pillows and blankets, and Angus had put the flowers from her cabin into Marcus's cabin. Marcus approved. He found her largest shawl and took it back up on deck.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Brant stood and watched Michael take over for Marcus so he could fetch her wrap from the bedroom. He sat down and accioed a hot cup of tea. He could see the stars above them just start to show threw as the sun set. Cassidy moved to sit back inside feeling they needed time alone. " I'll be with in ear shot, Marcus her argyle shawl is in the wardrobe be side her bed I think it would be warm enough" she said to Marcus as she passed him.

Jess nodded her Acknowledgment to them but kept her mind on making sure Brian's vitals and those of Roberts stayed level and constant. She moved back to sit in the corner and just listened not saying a word as she felt it was not her place now.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:21 am

Marcus came back up and saw Michael sharing Khaat's chaise with her, and he was glad to see Michael just holding her and letting her lay back on his chest.

"It's going to get chilly soon," Marcus said to Khaat. "Can I have some tea sent for you?" She shook her head.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Michael asked her gently.

"London. I need to go back for a bit," she said.

"What for?" Michael asked.

"I know his chances. I need to make arrangements, just in case..."

"No, no," he said, sighing. "Let's not cross that bridge unless we need to. I don't see that happening, but if it does, we'll walk it out. Is that what you've been thinking about all afternoon?"

"I don't have a choice," she managed to say, even quieter.

"I know it feels that way, but I'm not ready to go there yet."

"Khaat," Marcus said, "if it comes, we'll certainly handle it. Right now, I think you should get something hot to drink, perhaps a bit of pain potion because I know that arm has to hurt, and get a bit of dinner in your stomach--even just a few bites. You'll feel better."

"I think you should go see him," Michael said. "Even if its just for a moment. You don't have to go now, but after dinner, perhaps. You need to see he's still with us."

"I know he is. If he weren't, I'd know it."

Downstairs, Kieran and Fi asked Robert how this had all happened. Robert thought, all things considered, they were taking it well. They decided to stay a bit with Brian and found places to sit.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:42 am

Brant looked up and listened " I can fetch it fetch it if you want some" he said "Its fresh made." He added. Steven stood and watched Michael and Khaat together He hoped that Brian would pull through he was unsure of how the organization even with Robert still leading would be with out Brian. " Kieran and Fiona are with him right now." Steven said he felt the chill in the air wrap around them like cold foreboding fingers.

Jess looked to Robert and stood up walking over to the bed she placed her hand on his forehead and stabilized him " if you wish me to take over I'm able too" she said to him feeling it was taking a little much of his energy. "You could talk with Kieran and Fiona in the room next door" she offered trying to make the moment less stressful.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:00 am

"I think that's a good idea," Michael said. "Tea would be good."

"Bring a bit of pain potion for her, please?" Marcus asked. "No point in being unnecessarily uncomfortable and miserable. I know she doesn't want to be sleepy, and that's fine. But that break is a nasty twist fracture, and I know those are painful."

"If you can take care of him for awhile," Robert said, "I'll get back to take care of him so you can go to dinner before they stop serving. I'll stay til bedtime. Then Jeffrey can take the overnight so we can be back in the morning."

"Is there room for us, Robert?" Kieran asked. "Is the ship large enough that we can stay? I can sleep on the deck if I need to."

"Not necessary," Robert said. "There are enough cabins that you and Fi can have cabins." He didn't bring up the cabins out loud in front of Fi and Kieran, but he looked at Jess. He didn't care if they needed to transfigure the bed into two twins. But the fact was that they were short cabins for tonight, and Jess needed to stay in Jack's cabin somehow.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:11 am

Brant nodded and went down to the kitchen , he returned with a tray placing it down he placed two drops of pain potion into one cup and pored the tea into it " Mango and strawberry, hides the bitter taste" he said softly to him as he held up the now half full cup " the potion is non drowsy but she might get that way on her own with what shes been through" he placed it into Michaels hand and moved back to where he was sat.

Jess looked at Robert and listened to him talk she knew what he wanted and nodded " There are two rooms next to each other just across the hall you can use those" she said and looked to Robert " I can manage him" she said meaning both Brian and Jack. She had to talk to him again this time make him understand why she did what she did.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:25 am

"Thank you," Fi said. Robert looked at the clock. Angus was dedicated to keeping things on the schedule he had set--at least when he was at the helm of a ship.

"They'll be serving dinner in the next five minutes," Robert said. "Jess, do please take Fi and Kieran to their cabins for me and then point them in the direction of the dining room. You can come back to relieve me, or you can go to dinner first. Your choice. But I do need to speak with Jeffrey when you see him, please."

Michael took the tea cup from Brant. "Thank you. We'll manage just fine."

"I really don't need it," she said softly.

"Yeah, I know," Michael said. "Humor an old man, would you?" He held the cup up to her. She sniffed it. It was just a standard pain potion. Nothing more. Sniffing the potion was just a habit she'd picked up on her job as a healer and didn't have anything to do with Brant. It was just habit.

"I can't do anything for myself," she sighed, frustrated.

"Its temporary," he reminded her. "And, honestly, right now, it does me good to be able to help, to do something constructive. So just humor me, huh?" She sighed and gave in to her. Marcus said nothing, appreciating Michael's ability to use candor and honesty to make things easier for her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:36 am

Jess nodded at his intructions " I'll fetch him once I have showed them to their rooms" she said and moved to Fiona and Keiran " this way" she said and opened the door. Stepping into the hall way she walked across to two identical doors. " Keiran this is your room" she said and opened it for him moving to the next she looked at Fiona "Fiona, This is yours, there is an a joining door between the two rooms" she said. As   she turned she saw Jeffery and spoke again " if you'll excuse me for a moment " she walked down the hallway " Jeffery Robert wishes to speak to you" she said.

Walking back she knocked on Fiona's door " the dining room is one floor up and to the west side" she told her. " there are maps on the walls if you get lost and I sure any one of the crew can guide you as well, I have to get back to Robert now."  She moved her bag quickly out of Fiona's room and walked past Jacks room she saw he was laid on the bed his arms behind his head.

"I have to share a room with you" she said and watched him sit up. " I'll take the pull out " she transfigured the couch and placed her things down. Jess turned and headed back to Brian's and Robert.

Jess walked in and over to Robert placing her hand on Brian she took over monitoring his Vitals so Robert could go eat and talk to Jeffery.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:47 am

The pain potion took effect rather quickly, and it did take away the powerful aching sensation. Angus's brother, Evan, came up on deck and announced that dinner would be a buffet served in the dining room in five minutes.

"You trust Jack around a buffet?" Michael asked.

"Angus told us to make extra," Evan smiled slightly. "We've done a whole buffet of Italian finger foods and street foods."

"A junk food junkie's dream," Michael said. "You know, when you make everything bite sized like that, everyone will eat about three times what they normally would."

"Angus seemed to know what he was doing--I think," Evan said. "There are at least 50 different platters of food on the sideboard. I'd say you should come hungry."

"I'll stay with her," Michael said. "You go fix a plate for the two of you, Marcus. I'll go when you get back."

"Agreed," Marcus said.

Jeffrey got the message from Jess and went down to Brian's room.

"When are you going to let me take a watch?" Jeffrey asked Robert.

"I was just going to get to that," Robert said. "Could I get you to take the night shift so Jess and I can get some sleep?"

"Of course," Jeffrey said. "You mean you're actually going to sleep?"

"I'll stay awhile yet and then I'll go for a few hours. Jess needs to sleep too so she can recharge," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:57 am

Jess looked at Robert " I will be fine, I some how don't think I will sleep, Jack is still harsh towards me and being in the same room isn't going to make things any easier." She spoke softly but focused on Brian she knew he was right she would have to recharge her energy's she felt she would end up meditating on deck some time in the night.

" Jeffery has taught me meditation to help recharge my energy and focus my mind away from negative thoughts ." She said moved around the bed and sat down with the clip board. Cassidy and Steven both chuckled at the comment about food and Jack. It was now he chose to enter the room.

" what about me and food?" he asked and they repeated what had been said Jack shrugged his shoulders,," they know me too well " he said and headed to the dinning room "HEY WHERES THE FOOD FOR THE OTHERS, I ONLY SEE ENOUGH FOR ME!!" He called back up and laughed returning with a plate that was actually only half full and a second with a selection of small bites that he set down next to Michael. " I hope that will do." he said as he sat facing Michael and Khaat. Steven and Cassidy headed down and gathered some food for them selves
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 99 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top