Marriage is Murder - Page 23
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 23 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 23 of 99 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 61 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 23 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Michael sat down adjacent to Robert so he could see Robert's signing. Once people were gathered, Michael spoke first.

"We all were through a bit of an ordeal yesterday--whether we fought at the battle or whether we simply had to deal with it as a family. It has impacted every one of us. It's Robert's responsibility, not only as Minister, but also as the head of this family, to make sure that we're alright. And to be sure that we are on the same page with him and what he's thinking. He wants to pull us together and make sure that we stay that way. Robert," Michael looked at him. "the floor is yours. I'll translate for you, word for word."

Robert signed and Michael translated. "First," Robert said, "are you all alright? Physically and emotionally? If we're to function as a team, we need to know if one of us is effected by this. So tell me. How are you? Each of you?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Jack sat back as Jim and the others all said they were fine he folded his arms across his chest " I'm worried about Jess but it won't affect my judgment. " he told him "she told me she wanted to go see Jeffery " and he shrugged "she didn't say why " he looked at them both. " but its Khaat ans her nightmares we should be looking into" he quickly said.

Jim shook his head and looked to Robert and Michael " We're fine Robert we can all do our jobs, Cassidy and Steven are looking after the new Born's, Brant's cooking and Jack and I are checking over the perimeter on a hourly basis." he said and the others nodded.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:38 pm

Robert wasn't happy with the development of Jess simply leaving without any notice. Jess worked for him--in two jobs--at the hospital and here with Khaat. For her to simply leave without explanation or without any request was not acceptable. He had received absolutely nothing from her, and that was not okay. St Mungos counted on Jess to do her duties there, but more importantly, Robert had entrusted the lives of his family to her as much as he entrusted them to the other guards. For her to leave suddenly without notice of any sort didn't wash with him.

Nor had it been okay with him that she had apparently sent a note to St. Mungos, but had no communicated with him about her not completing her duties at the estate before she left. He had received nothing about that either.

For now, he wasn't going to be able to do anything with that situation. It made him angry, but he had other things he had to focus on right now.

"The pack has had to abandon the lair where they were hiding," Robert signed. "The lair was destroyed. They've been hindered by the damage they took from our attack yesterday. Some of their pack were killed in the fighting, and some were seriously injured. We don't know where they moved on to, but we will find them.

"The pack has made it clear that James considers Khaat to be another of his females because he marked her. He is determined to collect what he believes is his. He is not going to give up. Not his plans for her, not his plans for dominating England, not his plans for world domination. We have no choice--James must be eliminated at all costs.

"Khaat is very much aware of James' plan for her. She is, understandably, frightened. She's frightened too for her children. I am asking that someone be with her at all times. I don't want her alone for any reason," Robert signed. "Marcus will take up most of that, I'm sure. She had some sort of vision in her sleep last night. She told Marcus it was Dumbledore.

"She hasn't told us much about what he told her, but Marcus is more determined than before to not let her out of his sight, and she's resisting him being so close. I will try to find out more, but until then, we must be on alert. James was clearly in a rage when we saw him last yesterday. I can't imagine he's in better spirits now. Let's be very careful. He has to be more desperate now than before, and that might make him even more dangerous, if that's possible."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:59 pm

Jack looked at Robert knowing by the look on his face what was going threw his mind it was the same as what went through his. The others sat and listened to Michael and nodded.

"Well that means we'll have to be extra vigilant when out on patrol " He said glancing at Jack who nodded.

"I agree they could try here again, but we should look into how to break that bond that James thinks he has on Khaat" he added " surely theres some potion or spell that could cover her scent so he can see or smell her?" he asked moving to stand with Steven. Brant looked at them as he waited he knew of no potion that could do such a thing but then again he was not a master potion maker like Robert.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:14 am

"There is nothing that does that permanently," Robert signed. "The only potions that do that are very temporary at best."

"Unfortunately," Edward said, "the only known way to stop a werewolf from violence when he gets bloodlust this badly is to kill him. Its why I got paid to do what I do. I don't like it. Never have. But its very necessary."

"I know how she thinks," Michael said. "I'm sure she thinks she can lessen his danger if she just surrenders herself to him and lets him kill her and get it overwith."

"In her situation, especially given yesterday's events, I would wonder about her if it didn't cross her mind," Edward said. "That was a horrifying thing for her. Has she talked to anyone yet about her thoughts or feelings about that?"

"No," Michael said.

"And she isn't going to," Robert signed.

"She might end up telling Marcus," Michael said. "I get the feeling he's working up to getting her to talk about that. And he's very persistent. For some reason, she tolerates it from him, although I don't know why. But I don't want her buggaring off to offer herself up to James as a sacrifice."

"He isn't going to let her do that," Edward said. "Not a chance. If he even gets a glimpse that she's thinking like that, he's not going to let her even out of reach, let alone eyesight. And to stop her, he'll be direct with her enough to say that if she offers herself, she offers him too. And she won't do anything that endangers any of the rest of us. I'm guessing he either will use that to slow her down or he has already."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 am

The others sat and listened Brant nodded as Robert signed about the potions not being permanent and all he knew were temporary. " thought that was the case" he said and sat back in his chair as Edward spoke again he hoped as did the others she would not do that.

"Good, I hope Marcus can, we all don't like seeing her like this and wish we can help, though we will do our jobs and understand why she won't talk to us." Cassidy said glancing up as if she had heard the babies but hearing nothing she looked back to Robert and Edward again.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:38 am

"James is not the only problem," Robert said, "as you all know. The deeper the ministry gets into trouble, the more I find myself pushed to find a cure so I can go root out whoever wants to undo us. And that might mean I have to start spending time at my own lab at the farm. I don't know if I can afford to be away from here for even awhile. Not under the circumstances."

"What do you need from us?" Edward said. "How can we help?"

"Khaat and my new grandsons need good medical care. She needs a very specific diet. She's seriously underweight, and we can't continue to let her do whatever she wants anymore. We let her do that because it might stress the babies. That's not the case. She's out of the habit of eating, and she's still stressed. She doesn't have any appetite at all, but it is becoming a very serious issue."

"Leave that to me," Michael said. "Angus and I have weathered that before with her. We can do it again."

"Jack," Robert signed deliberately to him. "I care about Jess. You know I do, but because of her behaviors the last few days and because of how she left, I have to place her on an indefinite leave until I know she is honestly capable of better than this. If she suddenly shows back up, you cannot engage her in any duties simply because she's your wife. She has to prove to me that she's duty fit. The lives of my family were in her hands, as they are with every one of you. If she'd have communicated with me, I might have felt different. But she didn't. I need to know my staff is dependable. She'll need to prove herself. I can't treat her any differently than I've treated the rest of you." There were others here, like Steven and also Jack himself that had had to prove themselves again. Robert felt that he had no choice whatsoever.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:47 am

Brant sat and listened as Robert was talking to Jack who sighed and nodded. " I know Robert and totally understand but I don't even understand myself whats going on with her." He told him as he as not sure when she would return. Cassidy looked at Michael and Robert.

"So what do you want us to do, if your all taking care of her physical needs?" She asked "We'll take care of the kids, that is a given, we have and always will do that, there just as much our children as yours and Khaat's" she added taking Stevens hand in her own as she finished hoping she had not spoken out of turn or seemed too harsh all she was, was very worried.

"We patrol and make sure the protection spells keep up , we make sure the estate runs smoothly so they don't have to worry about it, the veg in the green house is almost ready for harvest and the fruit are too." Steven said " we show James that he has not hurt us or unnerved us in any way and that were just as strong as when he first attacked."
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:56 am

"Correct," Michael said. "And, if you want my opinion, she probably could use just a little reminder that there is more to life than hiding or running for your life. Perhaps a bit of fun might be in order. Let's not forget we have Easter coming up in a couple of weeks. Easter is a good reminder of new life, new birth, a new lease on life. Perhaps you should all find a way to make this Easter very special. Most of the kids--except for Daniel and Benjamin--are old enough to enjoy the holiday this year. And there are about a million birthdays coming up in the next month. Not to mention Khaat's own birthday. How about just some old fashioned fun?"

"I think, perhaps, a three day weekend in Tuscany might be healthy for all of us. A bit of fun, sun, beach, some laid back Italian country living...." Angus said

"Stop," Edward smiled. "You're making me homesick. But perhaps we should consider Easter in Tuscany for a change."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:05 am

Steven nodded as Michael spoke Cassidy smiled and looked at him "Ow the easter egg hunt, now that will be fun" she said " but who get to dress as the easter bunny?" she asked and looked over at Jack who shook his head.

" ow no I would be too big how about Brant hes not done anything yet" he said and saw Brant look up at them then look from one to the other and back.

" hey be my pleasure" he said and smiled Cassidy smiled back at him.

" thanks Brant, well thats settled " she said " um Brant pink or blue?" she asked and Brant frown before he spoke.

" I prefer the natural gray and white" he told her and chuckled " I don't want to look like a yellow duck" he said and Jack shook his head and chuckled "at least Tuscany is home and I know people who can get some really nicely decorated eggs for them with gifts in too."
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 99 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 61 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top