Marriage is Murder - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 22 of 99 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 60 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 22 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:31 am

"Yes," Suki said, "as a matter of fact, I do have an idea. There are some vegetables that need to be used up soon. The best way to do that is to fix a large beef bourguignon for dinner. Perhaps some fresh crusty bread. And, Lizzie felt so badly about Khaat being taken by James from Sparks yesterday that she sent us a dozen fresh cheesecakes--all of them a different flavor.

"However, beef bourguignon is not a beginner's dish. I suggest you let me to do that and you concentrate on lunch for noon. We need to make some large chef salads to use up some of the lettuces and other salad vegetables. Angus's brothers sent some lovely fresh shrimp and some crab, so you could make it a chef salad with fresh seafood if you like. And if you want the kids to be excited about a large salad, you'll fix them a fruit salad as a side dish.

"Dottie is working on some raspberry thumbprint cookies for the kids for after their naps, and some lovely fresh shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate ganache. We have fresh peaches that need to be used, so perhaps we should just make those up into some homemade vanilla ice cream with peaches for whenever someone gets a snack attack.

"Does that help you at all?" Suki asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:37 am

Brant stood and listened to Suki and smiled as she made her suggestions. "Sounds wonderful and yes it does I'll start on the salad but... would you teach me that dish one day?" he asked " I want to know more about cooking, If I'm to marry I'd like to be able to cook my wife at least one meal" he said and chuckled as he gathered the things he needed for the salads.

Soon he had the salad made and was finishing it " okay hows this " he asked showing them it in the bowl. He placed it into the fridge and went to lay the table again.As he passed a flower vase he dropped two drops of his potion into it and they perked up as if new he smiled but knew they would not last. Walking back he watched the house elves. " Might go to the green house later and fetch fresh flowers for Khaat " he said shifting to get a better look at what Suki was doing.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:41 pm

"The key is in the stock," she said. "I think some people see it as a hearty, comfort food. And it is--but in order to create that flavor that is so comforting, the stock has to have the proper balance, with a delicate hand to the seasonings. You can watch if you like--and if you can multitask and cut vegetables for salad without cutting off a finger in the process."

"You don't have confidence in the boy?" Dottie asked.

"Only to a given point," Suki said. "Until he proves himself--and he knows it."

Marcus helped Khaat to refresh herself, to get a shower and to get dressed. He was cautious on not wanting her to overdo it the day after having twins. She was still achy and uncomfortable, so she chose a lightweight loose, maxi length sweaterdress. Marcus didn't like what he thought was a dowdy flannel gray color, so he changed the color to a brighter, cheerful coral color. He found her a pair of embroidered coral colored soft flat shoes.

By the time she was done with her shower and dressing, she was too tired to do her hair. He made quick work of it for her with a glamour spell to style her hair and to add a touch of light makeup to help her feel a bit more like herself again.

"You feel like going downstairs?" he asked her.

"Maybe for a bit," she said.

"You know, no one is going to expect you to be on your feet much today."

"Walking is good for me, Marcus," she said.

"Yes, well, not all at once, it isn't. And you're going nowhere without me until I know you aren't going to fall flat on your face," he said. He helped her to her feet and helped her, one step at a time, to make it out of her room and down the stairs to the living room.

"What are you doing up so soon?" her mother asked her. "And dressed?"

"Daddy would agree, the sooner the better," she replied. Robert was watching carefully and gave her a hand signal for "so-so." He agreed with her in principle, but she was so underweight already and had had such a difficult delivery that he didn't want her to overdo it. He gestured to Marcus to continue to be very watchful. Marcus nodded, not needing to be told to not take his eyes off her.

He helped her to the sofa and helped her get comfortable there. Robert went to the kitchen, poured Khaat a cup of tea and poured a couple potions in it for her and set it beside her. She sniffed it and wrinkled her nose at him. He pointed to the mug.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:11 am

Brant chuckled as he looked at Dottie then back to Suki. "I can multi task" He said and began making the salad while he watched Suki. He looked up as Robert walked in and crossed to make tea he saw the potions that he placed in it. "for Khaat?" he asked as he went back to making up the salad. "Okay salad done." He said showing Suki the now full bowl of salad. Brant glanced into the living room and saw Khaat and Marcus then looked back to Robert.

"Should she be up this soon?" he asked concerned. "Don't they usually make mothers rest for at least a day or two more?" then he realized who he was talking about and sighed shaking his head gently."I forgot this is Khaat were talking about, sorry." He said watching Suki make the beef bourguignon in front of him he was fascinated how easy she made it look but he knew it was not. He watched as she fried the bacon, shallots or pearl onions, mushrooms, garlic and small bundle of herbs until lightly browned.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:25 am

"I think she's trying to not deal with what she thinks and feels about having her babies on a filthy stone floor in the lair of a werewolf that believes he owns her," Suki said quietly to Brant, still working on her stock.

"I see the look in her eyes. As a seer, I feel her energy. It haunts her. It frightened her. It angered her. It made her feel guilty--it wasn't how she wanted her children to come into the world. And now, this morning, there's a new darkness in her energy. Something she's not talking about."

She looked up, glancing Khaat's direction and saw Marcus with her, putting a couple pillows behind her. "But that man--," Suki said quietly, pointing to Marcus. "He knows. He shares her darkness. Its in his energy. Whatever bothers her this morning, she's told him or he's found it out somehow, and he's chosen to bear it with her.

"I suppose there's good in that. Belby seems like a dedicated protector to her. He has made a choice that, in whatever this is, he will not let her be alone. I wonder if he knows that's not just the definition of a protector. That's the definition of a friend."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:39 am

Brant listened to Suki and sighed and nodded " it shouldn't have happened in the first place Suki" he said " let alone a heavily pregnant woman" he spoke softly as he continued to watch and listen to her work and talk about Marcus. He heard her words and smiled "Agreed, at least she shared what ever it was, maybe he can figure out who or what it is thats waking her at night." He told her watching as she moved to the next stage he saw her pour over some wine and some water so the meat bobbed up from the liquid, but wasn't completely covered. He saw it come to the boil and Suki use a spoon to scrape the caramelised cooking juices from the bottom of the pan.

" Its smelling wonderful " he said taking along deep breath in at the smell now permeating the kitchen.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:54 am

"Oh, he knows," Suki said. "I think she told him. Whatever she feels like her burden is, he carries the same energy as she does. He knows exactly what this is. She wanted to keep it to herself. There's a strong protectiveness she has about this darkness, but since he has it now too, I think its very likely that she did not want to tell him, and he isn't going to allow her to have anything in her life or on her mind that he doesn't know about.

"You know, I don't know her well, but I don't think she talks easily about anything that frightens her. I see her as the kind that wants to handle it all by herself. Not only is he not going to stand for that, but I think he's training her to trust him, to keep no secrets from him--no matter what, so that she will always have at least one person she will tell everything to. Its the only way he can truly protect her.

"And, its the only way that the rest of her guards can protect her too. With a monster like James around, he needs to make sure you all have every single advantage you can get. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:11 am

Brant listened and nodded he agreed again. "Yes it will be a good thing." he said sitting back in his chair as he continued to watch her from his seat this time " I do hope James doesn't come just yet, and waits until shes stronger again, wish I could get my hands on him but I know he'd kill me if he did, even Jacks not a strong as him" he said and looked at Suki "but I guess its not all about brawn, but brains, out smarting him, out thinking him as Robert would say." He chuckled and looked to Robert now back in the living room and shock his head at thoughts now formulating in his mind. Jim walked in and looked at Brant he simply said one word.

"Don't" he said and left to head back into the living room to check on the babies but Cassidy had them in hand and had just changed Dan and was moving to change Daniel.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:22 am

Robert knew that everyone was feeling some strong feelings about what had happened yesterday.  And he couldn't afford to have them come apart.  He signed to Michael and asked him to get them together.  He signed specific instructions to Michael and then headed downstairs to the rec room in the basement.

Michael went to Marcus.  "Robert wants a team debriefing after yesterday," he told Marcus.  "You're to stay with her. He'll brief you himself afterwards."

"I can go..." Khaat began.  

"No," Michael said.  "He's insisting that you focus on your own physical health and your babies. We'll get the rest. Marcus, can you manage by yourself?"

"I'm not alone," Marcus said.  "I have four house elves that are fierce enough that even James wouldn't be able to get past them.  Yeah--we've got this."

"That's what I needed to hear," Michael said.  He went to the kitchen.  "Debriefing, Brant. Downstairs--now."  He sent the same message to Edward, Jack, Kate, Cassidy, Steven, Jim, and Edward, asking them to all gather downstairs in the basement recreation room straight away.  Dottie went upstairs to be with the children, and Jodey and Zodey positioned themselves to be able to move to wherever they were needed during the briefing.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:31 am

Brant saw Michael enter the kitchen and heard his order and nodded " of course " he said and washed his hands wiping them he then headed down to the basement recreation area he frowned seeing the others there. Each found a seat and sat down waiting for Robert as each one looked at the other. Cassidy hated to leave the babies but she knew Khaat was there and she was after all their mother. Jim just stood with his paper under his arm as he popped a sweet into his mouth to control his smoking.

Jack sat with Steven on a large couch as they waited for Robert they all knew it had to be something to do with what had happened and how Khaat had coped emotionally after having given birth to her twins in a cold stone cell. Cassidy could do little but shiver at the thought but she also admired her for it the strength she showed outwardly now she was home.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 99 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 60 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top