Marriage is Murder - Page 70
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 70 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 70 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 70 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:03 am

Jess loked at Marcus " of course we can" she said seeing some of them yawning allready and their heads dropping Cassidy picked up Jayel who had dozed off in her chair she picked her up and carried her up to the bed room. Jack saw another dropping off and picked up James. " Right bed time for you all " Jess said and picked up james in her arm along with catlin who put her arms up to her. "christmas or not your all about to go head first onto the table" she smiled and carried them up to bed returning sever al times for the rest. Cassidy staid with Khaat to reasure Marcus some one would stay with her.

As each man finished they stood up and moved down to the gym " as good as desert sounds I will pass. " said Steven who headed down first to the gym he began with slow warm ups then built to his ushual fast pace martial arts routine. Jack just sat down and waited.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:40 am

"As you wish," Marcus said. He saw the sleepy kids being taken upstairs. And he saw everyone passing on the luxurious dessert buffet that Angus had worked so hard to prepare. "Perhaps, Angus, they'll feel more like it after their workout." He looked at Khaat. "Cheesecake now or later?"

"Let's do it in an hour or so when things quiet down," Khaat suggested, thinking the kids would be asleep by then.

"Fine," Marcus said.

"Can I help you up?" Brian asked Khaat.

"Marcus can do that," Khaat said. "You go ahead. It's fine."

"You sure?" he asked. She nodded. He stood up from the table and kissed her. "I won't be far."

"I know," she said. He headed downstairs, and the house elves started clearing up the table and the kitchen.

"I'll make sure you're settled before I go," Marcus told Khaat. He stood up and went to pick her up and saw her suddenly lay her hand on her stomach. Marcus laid his hand over hers, uninvited. He felt the familiar sensation of a baby's kick. He knew the feeling well from the four of his own. He had been with Khaat every moment of her waking day for months and to the best of his knowledge, this was the first she had felt the kick of this child.

He smiled. "Feels like a boy to me," he told her. The kick felt too strong to be a girl to him. "He's already got the fight of an auror. If that's a girl, then there's two of them."

"You think?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said, "Feels like a good Christmas present to me. Suki, some after dinner tea would be nice, please." He picked her up and took her to the daybed. He felt a cold draft where the daybed was placed. He put piles of pillows to help her sit up. Then he picked up a warm blanket and draped it over her and a shawl around her shoulders. Suki brought her a mug of her father's blend of Christmas tea.

"Would you like some, Mr. Marcus?" Suki asked.

"No thank you, Suki," he said. "I am being ordered to the gym. I'll have some when I get back. Khaat, stay warm. Its cold in this corner. I'll tend to the draft when I get back. If there's anything you need,..."

"I'm sure there will be someone to help me," Khaat reassured him, taking a sniff of the wonderful tea. "Go. Its fine."

"Alright," he said. He went down to the gym, changed clothes and began some stretching before beginning the harder part of his workout.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:47 am

Jess moved and smiled seeing the look on Khaats face she had seen that in the mertinity ward with mothers. " Marcus we'll be here for her, I'll fix that draft I think its a gap in the window frame" she said and closed the heavy cutrtains to shut it out for Khaat. "That better?" she asked and moved to poke the fire back into life to re-warm the room. Cassidy returned from setteling the girls and smiled sitting close to Khaat.

Jack saw Marcus and Brian join them and continued his work out with steven spotting for him as he lifted weights. " so one or two?" he asked looking to Brian " do you think its one or two?" he asked again.

" I have odds its twins again you have a hystory of them" Steven said smiling to Brian.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:27 pm

"Yes," Khaat told Jess. "Thank you." She pushed the shawl off her shoulders.

"Well, after the triplets were born, Robert warned us that there could be more multiples if we tried again. Something about lingering traces of that fertility potion that Khaat and Rob were slipped," Brian said. "Not to mention that Kieran told me that somewhere on my mother's side, there are multiples. I had no idea the deck was so heavily stacked, but I guess I don't care as long as our kids are healthy and so is she. It certainly would be different if we couldn't afford them."

"You really think you'll have ten?" Marcus asked.

"I have no clue," Brian said. "I wasn't planning on this one. I was happy with what we had."

"Are you looking to know the sex beforehand?" Marcus asked.

"I find myself honesty avoiding knowing," Brian laughed. "Its hard because when I touch her, I do get inklings. I try to ignore knowing. Not sure why, but I do."

"Its started kicking, you know," Marcus said.

"Really? Well, it took long enough. That baby is going to be a sluggard," Brian said.

"Now, now," Marcus said. "My youngest was almost 3 weeks late in coming, but he's a brilliant lad."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Jess smiled and listened she heard marcus ask if they wanted to know what it or they were before hand " wheres the fun in that, I left it, choosing to not know until the day they were born" she told him and smiled as Jack held her close again.

Cassidy chuckled " I didn't want to know ours were a suprise, James and Jaylen are from Stevens second marrage and well mine was the same not that I regret it but I truly thought he was the one, then I met Steven" she said and smiled seeing him walk up wiping water from his hair as he dried it off.

" yours Cassidy was a mistake on his part not yours he left you ran off I belive becuse he was scared to become a father and take responcibility" Steven sat next to her " Brian and Khaat have a unique connection they have a love and trust that sems to join them in there very souls" he said softly as Cassidy took his hand " but I do hope there boys, were severly laking in the male department"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:14 pm

"Since I wasn't here for the others, is there anything I need to know about the ease or difficulty of the others?" Marcus asked.

"She was ill when Abbey was born," Brian said, shortening the tale, "so that doesn't hardly count.  The triplets were normal--so far as triplets go.  We do need to work harder to build up her strength so that she can be in better health in April than she is now."

Marcus didn't say anything for a moment, frowning, concerned.  

"Say it," Angus told him. "What's on your mind?"

"The pain in her shoulder isn't even contained by the strongest pain potions we have," Marcus said.  "You're still thinking of adding to it a standard birth for twins?"

"I'm counting on Robert being able to deal with this by then," Brian said.  "If not, then, no.  The triplets were C-section. We'll handle this the same way if need be."

"I see," Marcus said, "I'll work on getting her up." He returned to devoting himself to his work out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Jess sighed and looked to Khaat as she smiled softly " you ready to take that step Khaat?" she asked knowing it was best to ask the person involved rather than the other person. She sipped a soda she accioed from the kitchen and hoped Khaat was up to it " we'll do all we can to help you, you know that Khaat I might not have been there for Abby and regret that, but I will be for these , we all will" she added and Jack, Cassidy and Steven nodded they would.

" I'll keep the kids busy while it all hapens and Jack has arranged for extra men to patrol the outsides" Cassidy told her " all you have to do is relax and let him or her or them grow" she smiled
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:14 pm

"Which step are we talking about, exactly?" Khaat asked. They'd been talking about both her being up and about how to deliver the baby. "I'm not sure I'll have much choice in either one, really. I can't stay in bed forever. And its a bit late to decide I might not want to do the delivery room."

She preferred to not have to deliver this child without her father, though. She saw him pick up the newspaper.

"I'm not doing any of it without you," she told him. He looked over the paper to see who she was trying to deliver her ultimatum to. When he saw it was him, he hesitated a moment, wishing too that he had a chance of being able to insure that his next grandchild and his daughter would both be safe. He didn't see it as possible, though.

He merely resumed reading his newspaper.

Frustrated, she picked up a throw pillow and threw it at him, through his newspaper. He sighed, scowling at her, annoyed.

"Are you not going to fight for whats yours?" she demanded. "Or are you going to let Thaor's evil depravity steal from all of us forever, even though he's rotting in the ground?"

As she spoke, an icy breeze began to blow in the room, causing the tree ornaments to jingle together, and the curtains to ripple.

"Gently," Michael said cautiously, knowing Robert was largely unable to hold his temper because of the curse.

"Enough talk," Marcus said, hoping to redirect it. "How about that Italian dessert buffet? Let's serve some tea and have dessert. It is Christmas, after all."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Jess watched and shivered at the cold breeze that seem to appear in the room. Both Cassidy and her hand the same thought and looked at each other but staid quiet. But steven spoke up

"He'll be there Khaat " he said glancing to Robert and ignoring the cold spell that appeared in the room " but he's got to get this curse thing fixed first." he heard small feet and sighed standing he headded up to the nursery to find several children out of bed and playing putting them back he sat in the room. Jack shook his head and ate some cookies as he sat next to Jess.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:14 am

"Dessert," Kate said, hoping to back Marcus up on redirecting this all. "Robert, come fix a dessert plate for yourself. There'll be a new newspaper in a few hours, anyway."

He got up and went to the buffet. Kate motioned to the rest of them. They needed to follow to the buffet and help reduce the tension in the room.

Marcus followed Robert and Kate, picking up two plates, one for him and one for Khaat. The others got Kate's instructions and understood why. They joined in.

There were twelve different desserts to pick from, all cut small enough that everyone could, reasonably, take a few bites of each one and not be overstuffed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top