Marriage is Murder - Page 60
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 60 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 60 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 80 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 60 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Brant nodded and tooka a silver ladel and began bottling the potion carefully once the first bottle was corked and cleaned he handed it to Robert " bottle one done theres enough to make six more and with the recipy if it works I can duplicate it, ow..carefully of course" he said and smiled to both of them as he slowly began to fill another bottle. He worked for an hour and untill all the potion was bottled and on a shelf that was in a cabinet. He looked to the cauldren and picked it up walking to a sink in the back of the room he began to wash it carfuly to make sure no potion resedue was left he dried it and laced it back over the fire to completly dry off. He looked around the room and then to his notes makeing sure he had all the information he could remeber down in it .
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:55 pm

Robert picked up the bottle and then hesitated. He couldn't take the bottle to him because he couldn't risk touching Brian. He sighed, frustrated. He, again, was helpless to help his family.

"I'll go with you," Edward said. Robert shook his head. He couldn't touch Edward either.

"I know my limits," Edward said to reassure him he wasn't going to try to touch him. "It'll be okay. I'll go with you. If he's really suffering he might need someone to try to draw off his pain. And so far, no one has done that for him. He needs someone to try to help him."

Robert sighed and went downstairs. He didn't have a good feeling about doing this, but he wasn't feeling like anyone else in the house was stepping up. And that equally frustrated him. Edward followed quietly, feeling Robert's frustration sharply.

Robert went into the office and found Kate still there with Brian.

"I already gave him the potion," Kate said.

"This is different," Edward said. Robert put the bottle on the desk so that Edward could pick it up. Edward poured Brian a dose. "Just drink it quickly," Edward said. "Don't sniff it. Just drink it."

"I don't need to sniff it," Brian mumbled. He drank it, his stomach churning. in moments he simply slipped into a sleep. Edward laid his hand on Brian's forehead.

"The pain appears to be less," Edward said. "Not gone, but less. He's exhausted. And he's loaded with his old potion--and it clearly wasn't working. He needs to sleep now." Robert nodded. "I'm not a healer, but I'll keep an eye on him for you." Robert nodded, grateful.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:01 am

With a key to the potions cuboard that in it held six bottles of the potion Robert had made. He headed out to find Robert and first palce he went was Brians office. He gently knocked on the door.

" um sorry to interupt but is Robert with you?" he asked threw the wood of the door not wanting to go inside with out being invited. He stood holding the small gold key in his hand turning it back and forth in his fingers as he stood waiting. He heard talking and recognised Kates Voice and smiled hearing Brian was sleeping knowing that was a good thing for him. He pushed open the door slightly and looked in seeing Edward Kate and Robert.

"Sorry but heres a key to the potions cupboard, thought it best you hold onto it as seeing it had Brians potions, I did keep one out on a high shelf." he added and moved to pplace the key in Roberts hand.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:23 am

Robert nodded and simply opened his hand to accept the key.

"Someone needs to tell Khaat so she knows," Edward suggested.

"I'll fill her in," Kate said. "She knows he gets them. She won't be surprised that he's had a flare up, I don't think. I just don't want him left alone when he's hurting."

"He won't be," Edward said. "Does he know about the shopping trip?"

"All he knows is that they left. He doesn't know anything else from that point on," Kate said. Robert made a cutting motion. He didn't want Brian exposed to more news about James right now. They'd tell him that later.

Kate agreed and went upstairs. She told Khaat about Brian and then she went back downstairs to check on the kids.

Khaat wasn't surprised, but if her father couldn't help him, she knew he needed a healer to help him deal with this.

"Marcus," she said. "I want to go downstairs."

"With all due respect," he said. "No. You have used all your energies shopping for him. Where is Jess? She's a healer. Why can't she deal with this for awhile. He's sleeping anyway, isn't he? Where is she?"

"No,..." Khaat began.

"Khaat," he said calmly, "do you trust me?"

"What?" she asked.

"Do you trust me?" he repeated.

"Yes," she said, sighing.

"My job is to take care of you. There is a whole houseful of others that can take care of him. It'll be alright. Suki apparently knows some healing things too, and so does Edward. If we need more help, it isn't like you cant bring in another healer to help. Okay?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:37 am

Brant gave Robert the key and stepped back to give them space. Jess was just finishing putting Jaylen down for a nap when she heard her name and walked to Khaats room and knocked. " I am right here " she said to Marcus as she opened the door to lok at them both. "Robert has it in hand, he and edward and Brant made a potion for him and hes indeed sleeping I heard Kate say she would stay with him." she said " but ie is fine and well cared for so relax" she told her walking over and checking Khaats vitals week s they were she was happy they would strengthen in time.

Brant moved to the door and looked at them again " if you need me I'll be in the lab." he said and left to go back and finish putting things back and cataloging the potions he had found in a cupboard he had not even thought any would be in.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:10 am

"Alright?" Marcus asked Khaat. "You're not the one to tend him anyway. Not until he knows about James. Brian isn't stupid. He will definitely catch the new bruises. You won't help him until he knows about that."

"Its a bruise. He'll be okay."

"Oh, sure he will," Marcus said. "I need to ask. Did this solve the issue with your nightmares?"

"No," she said quietly. "Not even close."

"Is that still something we need to worry about?"

"No," she said. "Not as long as we're here at the house."

"Okay," he said. "Then let it go. We're all here because we cant get the heck out. The snow is going to keep us inside. Why don't we get a couple of those Christmas storybooks and let the kids come up and read to them? After all, its Christmastime. They need to have some time with their mother. What do you think, Jess? Maybe a story before their afternoon naps?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:29 am

Jess nodded and left to fetch the children minus Jaylen who was sound asleep in her bed. Jess lead the others into Khaats room long with the big red story book and sat every one down in front of Marcus. " You sugested it Marcus, go a head. " she said and palced the book on his knee as she turned to head back down. " I have cookies to check and make sure Jack isn't eating them all" she said and chuckled. Cassidy stood watching the snow fall ans sighed the sky was now black as the sun had set but the white of the snow was evedent on the ground now and the moons soft glow threw the falling snow lit it up like it glowed.

" shesh how much longer?" she asked glancing at Steven who shrugged " your no help" she said and folded her arms across her chest.

" weather men say several days, I can't control weather" he told her as she moved to sit necxt to him "If your frustrated, go down to the gym and work out or go for a swim" he told her and she did just that as Jack walked back in a cookie in each hand.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:26 am

"Oh, no, no," Marcus laughed. "I'm a good page turner. I'm not a story teller." He levitated the book in front of Khaat and motioned the book to open. The kids climbed up on the bed and piled around her. They seemed to feel at home piling up on the bed. Abbey slid under the covers with Khaat and snuggled up to her.

"No fair! Me too!" Dakota whined. She scrambled in with Abbey and pretty soon, they were all under the covers with her. Once they were settled, she read the story to them, with Marcus magically turning the pages.

Downstairs, Marcus could smell dinner cooking. By the smell of it, Marcus was guessing it was roast chicken and potatoes and vegetables. The kids were settling in, and Marcus watched their eyes get heavy. They slowly fell asleep, one by one, until they were all asleep.

"I don't know if Jess or Cassidy will like that the kids are asleep before dinner," she said. "I'm fine that mine are, though."

"It might not be so easy getting them to bed," he said.

"You can leave mine here tonight," she said. "They're fine. The rest are fine here too, if their parents are okay with it."

"That's fine, but you do need to get something to eat. You haven't eaten today. Just that cup of tea at Harrods."

"I'll see if Michael can't make up that smoothie for you that has all the extra vitamins in it--if you'll drink that. But that means you get back on your regular diet tomorrow."

"Wait. Are you planning on being here all night?"

"That's the job, Khaat," he said

"You haven't even taken time to shower after that business. The clothes Cassidy brought you this morning are still here."

"Well, maybe someone will stay long enough for me to shower, but, yes, I'll be here tonight. They can relieve me in the morning, perhaps."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:51 am

Cassidy walked into the room quietly and smiled " sorry was checking on the kids its nice to see them sleeping but they should be in there beds " she said gently picking up one adn carrying her out the door to the nursary returning for several trips she soon had them snuggled into their beds. " okay all but one left of ours to go" she said and smile seeing only Khaats left sleeping close to her. " I'll leave them to sleep I know she wants them by her tonight." she said and smiled at Marcus " I could sit with her while you go shower?" she offered looking at the children and covering them with blankets. Cassidy had noted his clothes still where she had left them and sighed deeply.

"Infact go I'll call if I need you" she told him handing him his clothes. She moved a chair close to Khaat and sat down in it smiling at her as she picked up the book Marcus had been reading to the kids. She could not help but chuckle at the story " I rember this one" she said smiling.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:19 am

Marcus truly didn't understand Cassidy.  He watched her uproot one child after the other and take them out from under the warm covers in Khaat's bed where they'd fallen asleep and take them to their own beds, leaving only Khaat's kids in Khaat's big bed.

He hadn't understood. The kids had all been warm and secure, under Khaat's own blankets, in one of the largest and nicest beds in the whole house.  It wasn't like they'd been sleeping on the floor.

"It wasn't about her wanting her kids close," Marcus said. "They fell asleep while she was reading, and she didn't see any point in waking her kids up to take them from one bed to another."

"Its okay, Marcus," Khaat said. She didn't understand it either, but she had given up understanding Cassidy a long time ago. It wasn't the first time she had done something Khaat had thought was odd.  "Go shower. You're allowed ten minutes." She pointed to the bathroom.  He hesitated, not sure he wanted to use the master bathroom. He finally picked up his clothes and headed for the bathroom.

She saw Cassidy pick up the book. "Me too, but that's not their favorite story this year.  Abbey has a book about a magical doll who spends Christmas eve in the woods looking for the Christmas tree.  The kids seem to keep dragging that book around and asking someone to read it to them--over and over," Khaat said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 80 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top