Marriage is Murder - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 6 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:31 am

Jess smiled and nodded to her " she was sleeping last I saw " she said and watched as Kate left smeling the scent of tobacco in the air. " Remus is really making himself known" she said to Marcus melling the tobaco in the air as Kate left . Jack turned as he heard Kate enter and talk to Brian he stepped back to leave them alone but he could not help but sneese at the smell of the tobacco he knew who it and chose to put up with it knwing full well who it ment was there watching.

Jack sat and watched Kate with Brian as she spoke to him. "he chuckled when she mentioned nobody was going to get past him" ow too right im on high alert as Jess put it" he said " I just wish remus didn't have such a strong taste in tobacco" he said sneesing again." always get me but I can block it out." he added smiling.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Kate frowned. "Remus never smoked. His cologne has been around us for a long time, Jack. I've never known of it to bother you before. Maybe you're catching a cold or something. If that's the case, you need to go home and take care of it."

Brian didn't speak. He knew, too, that if indeed Jack was getting a cold, that was a whole new threat that had the possibility of killing Khaat right now.

Kate sat near Khaat and didn't say much. She just wanted to be near her daughter for awhile. She saw Brian perch himself on the wide, stone windowsill. He gave himself a half turn to lean against the wall, and he closed his eyes. He wasn't more than a step away from her. He seemed to slip off into a light doze almost immediately.

Kate knew the signs of deep fatigue in him. He'd been up all night. He'd done delicate surgery on his own wife for hours. He'd taken time to give statements to the press. He'd met with Lee. He was feeling the weight of the hospital and the Ministry on his shoulders, and he hadn't been expecting it. She knew he would muster up the strength and the courage. But for tonight, he needed a bit of sleep.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Jack looked at Kate and shook his head " no its okay, must be his cologne." he said and blew his nose." I'll be fine, its not a cold I hardly get them." he said to Brian and move to stand in a corner away from them both. " maybe you should go and rest or at least lay down on the couch" he said transfiguring a chair into a plush couch against a wall for him. “There now your close, but can rest too.” he said folding his arms across his chest as he waited seeing Brian sit on the window ledge instead. Jess sat in the room with Marcus and just looked up every now and again to make sure he was sleeping and resting well.

Jack pulled a second chair and sat down as he watched Kate with Brian and Khaat as she stayed beside Khaat he kept his ears open and his nose picking up any smells that came his way.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:39 pm

Kate felt for Brian. She still was the only mother figure he had ever really known since his own mother died. She knew that, in most ways, he had few memories left of his biological parents--a few, but not many. Most of his childhood that he remembered started at the accident that had been the only survivor of, the one that had killed his parents.

She saw him in an exhausted half doze, perched on the windowsill. She got up and went over to him.

"Brian," she called softly, laying her hand on his. "You're not going to be any farther away if you rest a bit. We aren't going to let her stop breathing while you sleep. We promise. We'll call you if we need you."

"You better make sure, Kate," he said tiredly.

"I swear," she said. "She'll still be here." She led him off the windowsill to the sofa. It didn't take him more than a moment to fall asleep, but this time he'd fallen into a deep sleep. She noticed that the scent of the cologne faded away as well.

"Looks like it should be a quiet night," Kate said. "I think I really should have gone and gotten that stack of magazines."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Jack looked at her then at the sleeping Brian " you want I should fetch some from the nurses station?" he asked not sure if it was safe for him to leave. He saw Brian sleeping deeply and was pleased he was " he needed that badly" he said to Kate and nodded at her words " yes it must be " he said looking at her as he too smelt the cologne smell lift in the room “ he must think so to if he's left for the night. “ Jack said moving to sit where Brian had been not long before.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:20 pm

The night had come and gone very quietly. Before daylight, Marcus had gotten up, feeling more like himself, had taken about 30 minutes downstairs in the hospital gym to stretch out his sore muscles and had showered and dressed for the day, looking like nothing had ever happened--at least that's how he looked on the outside.

Kate was drinking tea from a paper cup and had found a deck of playing cards in the staff break room and had taken to playing solitaire just to keep her hands busy. She hadn't been unsociable. She just had needed to keep her hands busy.

Brian had slept during the night, but Kate had seen him get restless twice, and believed he was having some powerful nightmares. She had gotten up and had soothed him, and he had settled again. He seemed to be in a much lighter sleep now.

Outside Khaat's room, Marcus intercepted a breakfast delivery from Sparks, a surprise from Lizzie, and sent a note to Angus to keep him from sending breakfast as well. He brought the delivery into Khaat's room. He looked at Khaat. It didn't look like she had even moved.

"She's alright?" Marcus asked. "She's barely moved since we brought her in."

"Its not all that unusual," Kate said. "I've seen that before in people who are that weak. Did Lizzie send coffee and tea?"

"Um...nope," he said, looking in the bags. "Don't see any."

"That wont' be good," Kate said with a smile. "This crew runs on tea and coffee."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:05 am

Jack looked up as Marcus walked in and he smelt food Jess followed soon after. Hearing Kates words she nodded and moved to Jack " morning " she said and kissed his cheek he held her close and smiled " seems Lizzie sent breakfast, should we wake brian" she asked softly as she moved to check on Khaat seing her still sleeping she left her be knowing sleep was good for healing. Khaat looked at Kate " How'd he sleep?" she asked feeling he had not slept that well buy how he seem to be light sleeping now. Jack moved to dish up the food to everyone then he moved to sit on the window ledge while he ate.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 am

"He slept, but he was definitely having some pretty serious nightmares. I'll wake him. He needs food, but let's get some coffee in here first," Kate said very softly. "Marcus, please ask Hannah to send us some tea and some French Roast?"

"Yes, Ma'am," he said. He turned to leave.

"Marcus," she called him back in a rather maternal tone.

"My name is Kate. Please use it," she said.

"Yes, Ma'am," he said, turning and leaving. Kate shook her head, suppressing a laugh.

"Does he ever call anyone by their first name?"

"Me," Khaat said in a whisper. Her mother went over to her and kissed her forehead.

"Hello," she said. "How are you feeling?"

"Hurts like a sonofab..." she said.

"Yes. I'm quite sure it does. Your father made sure you had pain potion. We can get you a dose."

"Daddy?" the news that her father had been here got her attention. "Daddy's here?"

"Khaat," her mother said, knowing how hard his curse had been on her, "your father loves you more than he loves anything else in this world. He was here with you in surgery. He had to leave right after. You know he can't stay. But of course he was here."

"I wish I understood it," she said.

"I think we understand more than we did. He gave us some answers yesterday," Kate said.

"Where's Brian?" she asked.

"He's here," she said. "He's sleeping. You need him?"

"I..just wondered," she said. Kate knew Khaat was feeling insecure and had every right to. "Is there coffee?"

"Yes," Kate smiled. "I sent Marcus to get some."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:49 am

Jess moved closer to her taking some water shepain potion in it dropped two drops of pain potion in it. " here Khaat , drink this it will help." she offered up the cup to Khaats lips hoping she would drink " drink this then coffee she said and smiled hoping marcus wouldn't be too long if he was she'd send Jack after him as she too wanted a drink of tea to keep herself awake. Jack looked at Kate and chuckled.

" so far not yet " he said and chuckled again " must be a marcus thing" he stepped back and let Jess pass him with the water for Khaat. He moved to the door and watched for Marcus to return.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 am

Marcus was out in the hallway and had found Hannah who left quickly to send coffee and tea to them. He turned to go back to Khaat's room and saw Edward coming towards them with...wait...Kate? But this was a different Kate than the one he'd just left.

"Don't stand here and make a spectacle of us," Edward said in a low voice to Marcus. "He has every right. Keep moving." Marcus motioned to them and went into the room, with Edward and "Kate" following.

"Oh, lord," Kate said, frowning. "Well, what we've learned from this is that I need to lose ten pounds immediately, and that I look a hell of a lot older than I thought I did."

"You," Edward kissed her cheek, "are always lovely. He just doesn't do you justice."

"And you, Edward Donohue, are a big bullshitter," Kate laughed. Her double took Marcus's wand from his hand and poked the sleeping Brian with it.

Brian jumped as if someone had taken a cattle prod to him. He sat bolt upright, his heart pounding. He immediately looked at the bed to make sure Khaat was still there. Then he looked up and saw Kate and...well, Kate.

"Oh," he sighed, relieved. "Its only you." Robert rolled his eyes at Brian.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top