Marriage is Murder - Page 45
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 45 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 45 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 45 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:18 am

Brant looked at them and sighed as they seem to relax he did feel better knowing that they knew why he didn't like the new law as it would mean facing the one thing he had put aside. " I swore off girls in Hogwarts guess I just got so involved with work I...I just didn't do anything about it." He heard them talking about not reading books and sighed then he watched Robert accio a book but could not help smile seeing Kate take it off him. He nodded to Kate feeling she was wiser in all of this than the others. He looked back at her " but how will I know if...." He paused moing to face her.  " things are going.... right?" he asked now totaly lost. Jack sat smiling as he clearly was like a little boy just finding out now about girls and women.

" what about taking him some place so he could lose it?" Jack asked " would that help?" But Brant answered for them all.

" no..no way I will not go to a brothel" he said and looked disgusted at the thought as he sat down " god this is harder than I thought" he said softly.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:31 am

"That's not what you need to be concerned with," You'll know if it's right or not. You need to be far more concerned about whether the two of you are taking the time to get to know each other. If you do that, the rest will take care of itself. Don't make it harder than it needs to be. Societies have been doing arranged marriages for thousands of years, and they still manage to find love and have families. You don't have to like the law, but I certainly wouldn't go to Azkaban for that."

"That is presuming you can actually start to think about making friends with someone else," Edward said.

"I think I will take the girls up for their baths before this conversation degenerates any further," Angus said. "Julia? Dakota? Abbey? Lets go for your baths. We'll see if Daddy will read your story tonight. Come on."

"Cookies?" Abbey asked.

"I'll see if we can find some cookies," Angus said. "Baths first." The girls ran upstairs, always ready to get a cookie. "I don't think this is a toddler friendly subject," Angus said. "If you'll all excuse me." He followed the girls upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:50 am

Brant sighed as he sat down hevily in a chair clsoe by him as he watched the girls leave to go for their sleeps " ow its not going to get any worse " he said and loked at them all " I will do as Kate sugested and just....try and get on with her, I should come out of that lab more" he said softly. Jack chuckled.

" yes Brant, out of the lab and into the real world " Jack said " speak to more woman learn how to interact with them Im sure Cassidy and Jess could help you there..." Brant held up his hand to stop Jack.

" its okay Jack, I'll...figure it out" he said and glanced to Edward "yeah, dad never spoke of that around us." He said " it was a taboo subject guss thats why I was and am no good " he said. Steven had heard all and shook his head as he walked in and over to Brant.

"Come on walk " he said and pulled Brant to his feet. " I hope you don't mind if I play father Edward?" he asked pushing Brant to the open back door as he grasped his jacket and walked him out and away from the house. Jack went back to eating then clearing the table ready for the next meal.

"Well that ended quickly." he said softly but he was glad Brant was out side at least.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:59 am

"By all means," Edward said to Steven. "There are some things that, as his uncle, I do not need to know."

When Brant left, Michael helped Jack clear the table. "I am not tutoring him through that," Michael said. Edward laughed.

"He needs to figure that one out for himself," Edward agreed.

Brian and Angus put Brian's kids to bed. Marcus sent down the tray he and Khaat had had. Marcus broke out Khaat's backgammon board, and sent down for some sodas with ice. Dottie hurried to take them upstairs, as Khaat and Marcus started a slow, thoughtful game.

When the kids were asleep, Brian stopped back to check on Khaat.

"You doing okay?" he asked, kissing her.

"Fine," Khaat said. "I'm winning."

"Count your men again," Marcus laughed. "You're down by one."

"Angus has asked me to go for a run. You'll be alright?"

"I'll be fine," she said.

"When I get back, you can go for the night if you want," Brian said.

"No hurry," Marcus said. "I certainly have had tougher assignments."

Brian nodded, and he and Angus headed out for a long nighttime run.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:08 am

Jack laughed at Edwards words and nodded " Glad Steven took that assinment hey" he said and finished clearing the table. Steven and Brant walked abck in Brant looking some what shell shocked as Steven told him to go lay down.

"He'll be okay." he said and sat down smiling Cassidy looked some what puzzled at him." I told him about the birds and bees and about women" he said as cassidy raised an eye brow to him. " okay I told him how to haldle a woman, baslicly like a rose, treat her with respect, love, honisty and trust and she will flurish also told him not to rush things it takes time to grow." he said and Cassidy smiled to him. Jack chuckled as he wiped the last crumb from the table. Brant walked up to his room Stevens words still in his mind he pused as he saw Brian and walked over to him.

"Um...I'm sorry about earlier," he said " I will take care of who ever Im paired with and I won't walk out on her, no matter what happens" he told him hoping he had at least made a start on going the right way this time. He headed to his room and showered laying down on his bed wondering just who he would be paired with and when he would recive his letter.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:23 pm

"No one asked you to stay with someone no matter what," Brian said, still out of breath from the run he took with Angus, acknowledging Brant's apology. "You certainly don't need to stay with someone who doesn't treat you well, so long as you're abiding by the law. If you want to know about sour marriages, then ask Khaat sometime. Her first did not turn out the best. And she's not the only divorced one here. No one deserves to be mistreated. Goodnight, Brant."

He headed up to his room. When he got there, he found Khaat up, out of bed. Marcus was making sure she didn't fall. She was standing at the window, looking out.

"Bored?" he asked her.

"No," she said softly. "It doesn't feel right outside. I don't know why."

"Is there someone out there? I was just outside and I didn't see anything."

"No," she said. "Not yet. But I don't like it. Something will come."

"Honey," he sighed. "Something is always trying to come. Try not to worry. We'll be on guard--I promise. In the meantime, its getting late. You should be in bed. How about I get you some tea to help you unwind?"

"Perhaps," she sighed. He sent a request to the house elves for a night time tea tray.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:10 am

Brant looked at Brian and nodded he would not leave a woman if they got along and even if they didn't he would find a solution so they would not break the law. He watched as Brian left and sat down looking at Edward and the others ." well I won't have her out on the streets at least , maybe we could work something out. Steven chuckled as did Jack.

"You never know you might get along" he said and Brant just shrugged his shoulders and sat back in his chair waiting as Jess and Cassidy returned and sat on the couch accioing some tea and coffee.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 am

"Would you like me to go make a grounds check, Khaat?" Marcus asked.

"No," she said softly. "Brian's right. We'll wait, like we always do."

"Understood," Marcus said, watching one of the house elves bring the tea tray Brian had sent for.

"Do I need to even ask you if you're armed?" Brian asked, more for Khaat's benefit than his own.

"Yes, Sir," Marcus said, shifting to hold Khaat up with one hand under her good shoulder. He opened his suitcoat, displaying his wand, and a gun in a shoulder holster. He had a knife and a second wand in his belt, and he had a back up pistol and a second blade strapped to his ankle.

"Jesus," Brian scowled. "You waging a war?"

"Yes, Sir," Marcus replied seriously, "Against anyone who thinks they're going to touch your wife, Sir." Brian was quiet, not used to anyone in the wizarding world who was, regularly, armed like a one man assault force.

"You're very weird, Belby," Brian said, frowning. He poured Khaat a cup of tea and handed it to her.

"You pay me for my weirdness, Sir," Marcus said.

"Indeed. I think I've got this for now, though," Brian said.

"Respectfully," Marcus said. "I'd like to remain at my post."

"Alright," Brian said. "Fine. Take a break, though, for now, if you're going to work the night shift too."

"Thank you," Marcus said, closing his coat. Brian went over to Khaat and put own hand under her shoulder, taking Marcus's place. Marcus excused himself.

He went downstairs, loosening his tie and went to the kitchen.

"You know, you really don't need to wear a business suit to work here, Belby," Edward said, watching Marcus head to the coffee pot and pour himself a cup of French Roast.

"Yes," Marcus said, "Yes, Sir."

"Really?" Edward frowned, "And what did I tell you to call me?"

"Edward, Sir," Marcus said.

"Not sir, just Edward," Edward corrected.

"Yes, Sir," Marcus replied.

"This really is going to be a thing with you, isn't it?" Edward sighed. "Is he always like this?" he asked the others.

"Yes, Sir," Angus said to Edward, teasing his grandfather.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:13 am

Brant sat quiet and watched as Marcus walked down undoing his tie he smiled and shook his head hearing Edward and him tlaking " he always does this " he said then Jack walked in and nodded as he chuckled at the banter.

" yep ever since he arrived hes done that Brian tried once couldn't do it " he added as he washed his hands and wiped them " and a suit perfect for hiding all those wheapons he carrys right " he said smiling at the both. "Barn and some rotten boards I replaced them easy enough though took two men to help" he said
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:30 am

Edward listened to them explaining that Belby was always like this.

"Where di you learn this formality?" Edward asked Belby.

"Bulgaria, Sir," Marcus said.

"You did some sort of work for the ministry there, didn't you?"

"Yes," Marcus said, sipping on the coffee. "I was the personal bodyguard of the minister of magic until I started to work here."

"Really?" he frowned. "How did you manage that?"

"I was sent as a consultant to their minister from our ministry years ago," Marcus said. "It began a long term assignment through an alliance."

"And how did you get back to us, then?"

"Ah," Marcus said, "That was more personal. My first wife has worked for years as a governess to the Krum family. When things began to heat up at the ministry, she asked me to come and look after Elijah. The boy believes he's got it all under control. However, my dossier was sent back from the Bulgarian minister to Robert who offered me a post here. And, as it turns out, guarding Khaat is much more interesting than guarding old stuffy politicians. For now, I like it better here."

"Even if you do still dress like you were working in Bulgaria?" Edward laughed. "That explains it. Don't you own any jeans? Or a sweater?"

"A sweater? Why would I need a sweater?" Marcus frowned. Angus laughed out loud.

"I bet he has 65 suits in his closet," Angus teased. "That and work out gear."

"You lot need to take him shopping for clothes to fit in with life in a log house like this. He really doesn't need the silk suits here, you know," Edward told them all. "Get the boy some jeans and some sneakers, and maybe some casual shirts, for God's sakes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top