Marriage is Murder - Page 43
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 43 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 43 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 43 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 am

Both cassidy and Jess chuckled and looked at heach other at the mention of the ministry. " I know one other who should watch himself too" Cassidy said chukaling just as Brant walked in. He stoped and looekd at them both.

"If this is about that stupid law count me out " he said and grumbled under his breath as he pord some tea and sipped it " oow nice tea, nope no way Im ever marrying" he said " too much to do, a wife and kids would get in the way." he said and sipped his tea " hum one of Roberts Im betting , I need to know his trick?" he said softly.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:26 am

"Well, if it comes, I hope you can do those things from a cell," Brian said. "The consequence for that is Azkaban, and you know it. There isn't much room for compromise. Not that I read.

"As for how Robert brews tea, from what I saw, he made a hobby of studying tea plants, different types of tea, how they're grown, and developing a taste for them. Then he learned how to add flavors to them," Brian said.

"He really should market them," Angus said. "More than the small batches he sells sometimes at Sparks."

"He's not interested," Brian said. "He doesn't do it for that. He does that for his own enjoyment, and he likes to share it with those close to him. He's had requests before to sell more, and he turns them down. But as for Miss Abbey and me, I'm thinking I might just port into Sparks for a quick bite there and then come right back. I would think that would be relatively safe. Or I hope so, anyway."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:37 am

Brant blew a razberry and sat down " well I hope she likes being alone becuase I won't be around much " he said sipping his tea " Im just not the marrying type, I do hope this law dosn't come threw" he added leaning or rather slouching in his chair as he listened to Brian talk about how Robert mixed his teas " Hum maybe his delecate aproch wth the potions ingrediants helps with tea leaves too" he said rubbing his chin as he thought more. Jess and Cassidy smile.

"Okay Abby stay with daddy okay?" she said smiling to her " and don't eat too many sweets or you'll have no room for Angus's lunch." she smiled and looekd at them both " don't worry Brian we have it all under control , except for the teen temper tatrum from Brant there" she said and he pulled a tounge at her. Jess waved her hand and turned Brants hair bright green and Cassidy chuckled then burst out laughing.

" nice Jess" he said and heded back to the lab a smirk sat on his face too having seen the funny side of it.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Brian bristled. He didn't like this side of Brant whatsoever.

"You'd better read up," Edward said to Brant. "I'm not sure what part of this you don't get, but this isn't a proposed law. It is the new law."

"I think I have things to do," Brian said quietly. He started out of the room and then looked back at Brant. "Sometimes I think you've been alone entirely too long, you know that? Did you ever stop to think that, if they find a match for you, that perhaps the girl they pick might not be any more thrilled about you? You sound like you've made up your mind you aren't going to like her before you know whether or not they even have a match for you. And that sounds pretty damned judgmental to me." He shook his head, disgusted, and went upstairs.

Angus said nothing but got out a large sheet pan with racks of lamb and began carving lamb chops for dinner that night.

Brian went up to his room and found Khaat and Marcus playing cards.

"Something wrong?" she asked.

"No, Dear," he said, deciding to not involve her in it. "But I do know I need to check those dressings. I'm guessing its about time for those to come off now."

"That doesn't change much, Brian, " she said. "Its still going to be immobilized."

"True," He laughed, "But it might be one more layer you don't have to wear."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Brant looked at Brian and frowned "Maybe so but I didn't ask to be matched Im happy being as I am and if she is then we will just go our own ways." he said watching as Brian left as he finished his coffee turned the page of the book he had in his hand he didn't like the idea of marrage and kids and all that comitment that he didn't want nor need. But the more he thought about it the more he pros and con he hit and it frustrated him imensly. He stood up and walked into the kitchen. "Angus, what do you think about this damn new law?" he asked hoping to learn more to what he could do other than acept his fate to me married off like a peice of cattle to some woman he didn't know anything about.

He lent against the counter his arms folded as Jess walked in and smiled to him. "If it was me I'd just roll with it, you never know the woman might be just what your looking for." she said but seeing the look of 'please' on his face she chuckled and placed the cups in the sink. " or not " she smirked " I wouldn't worry Brant, but Edward Im guessing is and might be looking for grand children and great nephews and neices" Brant rolled his eyes again.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Angus had said nothing when Brian had gotten irritated with Brant. He was not unaware that the law would affect him too. He just wasn't concerned. Now, though, Brant was asking.

"I'm not thrilled with it," Angus shrugged. "But there's nothing I can do about it. If they find a match, then I presume that, at least until Robert rids himself of the curse, I will have to abide by it. I am not willing to give up everything altogether and sit in Azkaban for that. Its not worth that.

"I can get along with almost anybody, and I keep thinking that if it happens, whoever I'm matched with is liable to feel as trapped as I do. She'll be caught in the same exact trap as I am. There's an old saying that goes something like, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend.' And that would mean my match would not be my enemy. The person I need to be frustrated with, if anyone, is whoever dreamed this up at the Ministry and put it through the minute Robert was too wounded to stop them.

"What I know I won't do is walk away from someone whose only offense is not getting married any quicker than I did. If I choose to walk away from anyone I'm matched with, it'll be because she flat out deserved it and not because she obeyed the law.

"As for your own choices, you're responsible for them. But if you do end up matched to someone and you walk away because of your own self centeredness, I doubt very much that you'll make many friends with the women, at least, in this house. They tend to prefer men who treat all people well."

"Spoken like a Gryffindor," Edward smiled.

"I don't see another reasonable option," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Brant looked at Jess and then to Cassidy who both glared at him Jack walked in and shook his head " Brant acting an ass again" he said moving past him " bit of advice , listened to those around you" he said and Brant sighed.

"Fine if Angus thinks its an okay thing " he said and sighed and walked out but paused as he heard Angus speak " hum nice philosophy " he said and rubbed his cheek " well lets see who she is first" he said hating the idea still but having no choice.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:13 am

Angus frowned. He hadn't said it was okay. He merely said he didn't see any other option and he wasn't going to judge someone who didn't perhaps deserve it.

"Brant has been that way a long time," Angus sighed. "I try to ignore it."

"Did I detect that it pushed a button or two for Brian?" Edward asked.

"It did," Angus said. "I think he just came too close to losing Khaat and, right now, can't imagine walking away for no good reason."

"That might be because perhaps Brian grew up around a few more people than Brant did," Edward said. "My brother is largely a loner, and so was his son. Brant seemed to grow up in his grandfather and father's general dislike of lots of people. I can't imagine Robert isolating."

"From what Brian has said, they were fairly alone when Remus lived with them, in an effort to hide and protect Remus," Angus said.

"That's true," Michael said. "But Robert and Remus had a tight close circle of friends. Robert had his friends, and Remus had his--like Sirius and Lily and such. There were almost always some friends closeby. Once Brian moved in with Robert, he had a large extended family."

"Much like he's got now," Angus said.

"Well, its probably closer to what Abbey and the kids have now," Michael said, "but yes." He made quick work of making a potato casserole while Angus finished cutting the lamb chops and began seasoning them. Michael then whipped up a batch of gigantic monster sized chocolate chip cookies. "Dinner in 30 minutes, roughly," Michael said, guessing on the time. "Anyone free to set the table or make a salad, please?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:54 am

Brant listened to at first Angus then to Edward as they spoke he frowned and folded his arms across his chest but he could not deny what Edward said " yeah Im no people person"he said " guess thats why I chose to go around the world on my own finding old potion recipies, but Im not doing that any more, Im here and I realy need to work on my people skills." he siad and sighed seeing Jess smile and nod to him.

"That will work wonders Brant trust me." Jack said and patted Brants shoulder lightly as he walked to sit with Jess and Cassidy " having a woman isn't all bad. " he said softly " you are always warm at night and you have some one to hold if you feel the need " he said and as a point held Jess who chuckled.

"Yes theres that, but more so they are your other half, like a soul mate who you can tell anything to and they will be sympathetic to you" Cassidy said smiling at how Jack and Jess were.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:22 am

Michael got no takers to help with dinner, so he flicked his wand to get the table to set itself, and he set about making the salad himself once he got the cookies in the oven. Angus grilled the lamb and grilled some fresh vegetables with some herbs to go with everything else.

"I suggest you think about getting the kids up from their naps and get them downstairs to dinner--before they sleep straight through til morning," Michael said to the others. He and Angus began filling plates.

"Shall we get the master's children?" Suki asked, coming in, after finishing her chores.

"I think if you simply tell the master and the minister that dinner is ready they'll help to bring them down," Angus suggested. "And there is quite a lot of food tonight, as there was for lunch. You're all welcome to eat from the food that isn't plated for dinner. If you like lamb, that is."

"Lamb! We don't get lamb!" Suki said, savoring the idea of what seemed to be a rather royal treat. "You would let us eat lamb?"

"Yes," Angus said. "If that's alright."

"It is very generous," Dottie said, coming in. "We shall like it here, I think."

"Good," Angus said.

"We could fix breakfast tomorrow?" Suki asked.

"If you like," Angus said. "Certainly." Dottie and Suki looked at each other, excited. They nodded at Angus, delighted.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top