Hug Hunting - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hug Hunting - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hug Hunting

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hug Hunting - Page 4 Empty Re: Hug Hunting

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sat May 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Vivianna chuckled for a moment at Bertie's exclamation. The younger student had always worried when she did something like this. The emotion was understandable enough, if Bertie tried something like that she'd probably physically haul him off the ledge with her own bare hands. It was always different with herself though, like the girl had been born to live up high sky. No matter how uncoordinated the witch could be on land, when it came to climbing and balance, it was as easy and natural as breathing.

"Sure Bertie," the Slytherin agreed with a smile. Granted, she'd likely end up in a tree sooner or later, but if Bertie wanted to go walking across the grounds, that was what they would do. The dustiness of the room was a bit unsightly, now that the teenager thought about it. Swinging her legs back into the room, Vivianna slipped off the ledge in one slick move. Brushing herself off, the witch reached out to grab the wizard's hand. Securing Bertie's hand in her grip, the redhead began to gently tug the younger teen towards the door.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Bertie's whole body relaxed as Vivianna agreed. At least he wouldn't have to worry if she climbed a tree, they were nowhere near as high as the sixth floor windowsill. The only tree he would have to worry about her climbing would be the whomping willow, buy he guessed Vivianna would have sense not to do that.

Bertie took her hand and together they walked to the door with Snidget in his the other hand. Perhaps it'd be wise to take a detour and and deposite him in the tank sat empty in the Ravenclaw tower. Think of his dormitory it had reminded him: 'Vivianna have you heard about the study group?' Of course Bertie wasn't aware that the advertisement posing as a study group was actually a party for the fifth years and above, and little did he know how dark the party could get - being the sweet, innocent boy that he was.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sun May 12, 2013 10:15 pm

It took Vivianna a moment to figure out what Bertie was talking about. "Bertie," the Slytherin started hesitantly, slightly unsure of how to word what she was about to say, "yes, I've heard about it, but it's not a study group. It's a cover-up for a party being thrown by a Gryffindor. A party for... older students."

The teenager didn't quite meet Bertie's eyes as she said this, instead pretending to pay attention to where she was going, and ensuring that she wouldn't trip on the staircase. Vivianna hadn't really decided if she would go or not yet. Truthfully, the witch was aware that she'd probably attend, but for some reason was ashamed to admit that to the boy she thought of as a brother.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 10:30 pm

'Bertie Vivianna said. 'Yes?' Bertie replied cheerfully, smiling as he turned his head in her direction. He was rather keen on attending the study group. He loved to study, usually on his own but from time to time it was nice to do it in a group, and with those outside of his own house. Bertie got a bit of a thrill whenever he got to help someone understand something that they previously couldn't.

However the jolly smile stretched across his face was soon molded into a grim defeat. Bertie wouldn't be attending the party, he never was once for dancing or mingling, especially as the majority of the students would be older than him. In fact if he were to go, which he wouldn't, he would be the youngest and that thought didn't sit well with Bertie. Furthermore it would mean breaking the rules. If the party was sent out via a code then it was clearly a party that didn't want to be interrupted by Professors.

'Are you going?' The Ravenclaw asked Vivianna. He wouldn't try to stop her, after all she knew how to take care of herself and the older students always did enjoy a good party. Despite this he would be slightly crestfallen that Vivianna would be breaking the rules. Bertie always was one for staying out of trouble. If she were to be attending then Bertie could only hope her cunning would keep her out of trouble.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Mon May 13, 2013 3:28 am

"I haven't quite decided yet, I probably will though" Vivianna said after only a moment of hesitation, "I doubt that all that many Slytherins will be showing up, so I'll probably just end up laughing at all the people doing stupid things. Maybe chat with a few of the Ravens I get along with, you know." The girl shrugged nonchalantly, like she wasn't talking about a crazy party where alcohol and drugs would be plentiful.

Taking note of the crestfallen look on Bertie's face, the redhead nudged him with her shoulder as they walked. "Hey, you could always set up your own study group, might be fun," the teen suggested in an attempt to cheer up the Ravenclaw.

Walking down another flight of stairs, the girl deftly jump over the trick-step. The student couldn't help but glare at it as she continued on her way. She really did hate that stupid thing.

((OOC: What are your thought's on a random event to spice things up?))
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Bertie had a feeling Vivianna would end up attending if she was on the fence at the moment. He hoped she would be careful if she were to go, although it would be fun to here some exciting drama that may blossom into the idea of a bestseller. That's what Bertie wanted a bestseller. One day. Some day. That's if he hadn't given up the whole writing thing, often he didn't follow his ambitions out of fear they'd come true and then what would he do? What if he did publish a book that was then publicly humiliated?

'I could do. But I'd rather just attend and not host it.' He said giggling until. Whoops! His foot had wedged right into the trip step. 'Someone really should get this fixed.' Bertie murmured whilst he attempted to tug his trapped limb from the gap. Someone should get it fixed, but it was a creative twist to the castle, it added to it's uniqueness. Maybe the castle should add a few more tricks and treats. Bertie thought to himself before his mind went into overdrive on different quirks the castle could have.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Vivianna didn't respond. She still felt like she was disappointing Bertie somehow, and the witch had never been fond of that feeling. It wasn't like the boy was her keeper, or even related to her by blood, but there was something about the emotions that had flickered across his face that made the teenager want to take it all back.

"Seriously," the witch agreed without a thought, offering her arm to help the male pull himself out of the stair he was stuck in, "the number of accidents this thing is involved in per year is crazy." The student gave an indignant sniff and glanced at where Bertie's foot disappeared in distaste. The number of accidents she'd gotten into with this step, was far greater than Vivianna would ever admit.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Bertie felt his foot dislodge from the gap that the trick step caused whenever someone pressed their foot on it. 'It's funny isn't.' He began, bending down to re-tie his shoelace that had come undone in the process. 'Everyone knows about this trick step, yet I bet there are thousands of mysteries around the castle that people still don't know.' The possibilities of invisible rooms or secret chambers around the castle buzzed through Bertie's mind.

He knew about doors that pretended to be walls, doors that needed to be tickled in the right spot before they opened - he had even read up on The Chamber of Secrets. That one got him thinking. A secret chamber in the castle whose entrance was a sink! Perhaps there were other chambers that maybe expanded from a chimney or through a trapdoor that was disguised so well with the surrounded floor.

Bertie wasn't the overly adventurous type. Sure he loved to explore and discover new places. In fact he would often do this back home, but the Ravenclaw was always worried that he'd land himself in some sort of trouble if he were to get caught, as though it was some sort of forbidden activity to discover the castles secrets; and Bertie didn't like to get himself into trouble.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Tue May 28, 2013 11:58 pm

"Yah," Vivianna agreed thoughtlessly, nodding along as the two students continued on their way. Bertie was right, there were probably more secrets hiding within the Hogwarts walls than could ever be counted.

A spike of curiosity and amusement shot through her. That was just Hogwarts, wasn't it, there was hardly a thing about the school that wasn't shrouded in mystery. The true lives of the founders, exactly how four people alone had created this majestic castle, the true strength of the wards, exactly how numerous headmasters had gotten themselves killed, how the Room of Requirement was possible, the list could go on for miles. All mysteries that would likely never be solved.

"I know of a few secret passages, in the Dungeons," the Slytherin admitted, "just considering the few I know down there, it's anyone's guess how many there are dispersed throughout the castle." The teenager couldn't help her eyes from lingering on the walls around her. Who knew, one of the very portraits she walked past without a thought every day, could be a passage to elsewhere if only one knew the right word.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 12:23 am

Bertie nodded as he too gazed at the moving characters in the paintings. They all seemed to go about their business; it was as though the portraits, all connected, was a world within the magical world they were in themselves. 'I wonder how the magic behind the portraits work?' He asked, more to himself than Vivianna. It really was a marvelous piece of magic. Making portraits move was one thing but to have their beings wander into other portraits on the walls around the castle. That was something special.

'I might find out.' He said. 'Maybe try it some day. I don't know. I've never really thought about art. I mean I love to write and create music but art isn't something I've found interesting, but now, if you think about it... It's kind of amazing!' Bertie's beady brown eyes were now wide and gleeful at the thought of learning something new, a new thought that had populated his mind. Right now all the Ravenclaw wanted to do was walk to the library and discover the magic behind wizarding art, but whether Vivianna would want to do that was another thing. He did love spending time with her but his imagination was going wild thinking of the possibilities behind the portraits. It needed feeding with wisdom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top