So... First Impressions!? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

So... First Impressions!? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

So... First Impressions!?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So... First Impressions!? - Page 2 Empty Re: So... First Impressions!?

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:28 am

"Your philosophy on trust is... generous," Jack said, picking her words as carefully as one might pick their way through a dangerous swamp. "I'm afraid mine is much more tentative. My trust is very rarely given if there is at all a chance of betrayal. Even though I asked for a promise from you, I believe I have been quite out of character to extend as much trust towards you as I have already." She smiled in a small, grimacing fashion, as though asking him to not make her regret it. Perhaps a bit of Jack's sadness shone through, from all the hurt she had already had when she trusted people too deeply. But if it did, it was gone a moment later. In a darker tone, she said, "Everyone has reasons not to be trusted, I assure you. Whether or not they allow those reasons to form into untrustworthy actions is a whole different matter."

He continued on and she allowed a small smile. "I know it seems that simple, but it's not. I know you must know I am a bit of a rebel, but in wars, rebellion against the side you fight for never helps. And in wars like this, secret, undeclared ones... It will decide victory or failure." She paused. "I have stepped forward before and made my own decisions, acted without consent, and it cost lives. I did what I thought was the correct path, and I failed. I have learned my place and I shall not strike in any fashion unless there is no other course of action left to take." Jack looked up. "Waiting is an action too, and the hardest one of all. But sometimes, it is the most profitable."

Perhaps there was a bit of pain in her voice too. Jack hated waiting, she needed to move, to fight, to act. But she had learned. She had started this war by doing what she thought was best. She had proven too hotheaded. She had proven herself unworthy.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Whight felt Jack was not going to move from her position. No matter what he brought to the conversation he was only lead to basically her original response. It would soon be best to discontinue pressing the matter before she became suspicious. Whight knew in the world of trust one could not cross certain lines nor could they even approach others.

"Well I am flattered that you have come to trust me so easily. It is my belief that everyone should be treated equally. I like to see the better in individuals, so I trust them, within reason, until they disprove themselves." Whight wondered what made Jack build the walls that now kept most out. He was gladdened by the fact that he wouldn't have to break them down. Jack's words on trust were equally noted. He wondered what she could even be hiding form him.

"I suppose you're right," he said finally. "I know all too well that waiting is a very important move. If we are to wait to make our move to the Death Eaters, what to you suggest we do in the mean time?"
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Jack listened to his continuation on the subject of trust. In all honesty, she was not keen on pursuing the subject of trust, for then came the questions of why she so unwillingly offered it up, and why so sparingly it was given. And she did not want to answer why she trusted him. Perhaps it was simply because he was more intelligent than most people. She had noticed lately that those that were untrustworthy appeared unintelligent. And when someone was intelligent, they could be reasoned with once trust and respect had been built between them. Even if Whight was not to be trusted, she hoped she had at least earned enough respect from him to cover her arse in case of any twists of fate.

He asked for her suggestion to fill the time until they acted. "We figure out what is most important to us- the Minister, St Mungo's, the Aurors, whatever it may be. Whatever assets we cannot afford to lose, and we make sure that, should the Death Eaters come for them, we are there. We set up mousetraps around the things we must protect."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:21 am

Whight's insides fluttered as Jack spoke. 'Yes, that's exactly what we should do,' he thought. If he couldn't return to the Death Eaters anytime soon, this was the next best thing he could get involved with. Whight knew he had to not seem too eager but at the same time drive the conversation in his favor.

"I must say I agree," he said as if the idea was of pure brilliance. "You may have to catch me up on the happenings of these subjects. I would think the Aurors wouldn't need too much protection considering 'protecting' is probably in their job description. I'm sure you have your reasons but I'm unsure as to why we would waste resources on protecting a hospital. And I would think the Minster is well aware of the danger he put himself in when he took the position. There will always be those who seek to overthrow order."

Whight leaned up and readjusted this coat and leaned back. "Like I said, there may be things that I just haven't been made aware of. But in my opinion, considering his authority and influence, the Minister would seem like the only logical choice to protect, that is if he doesn't already have the protection he needs." He tuned in waited for a plethora of information to come his way.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 am

He spoke and she smiled, saying, "Never try protecting an Auror. They hate being babysat, and they're pretty high maintenance." She spoke from experience. She thought the department needed some protecting, Nikolai and Martin had already fallen, but she knew it was not a feasible option. "I say Mungo's only because when that cure comes out, whoever has their hands on it, has power." She leaned back. She felt safe from that, as no hint of the Itch had touched her. Surprising, because nearly all of her team at the Ministry had some degree of it.

He seemed very eager to protect the Minister. She said, "Robert is capable, and believes himself so. The problem is... he used to be a big part of the Order. Now, none of us know where his alliance lies. Even if he wanted protection, he might not accept it from us. You must also realize that Robert has a large web of people he cares for. He has a big family, and a lot of friends. He may seek protection for them first." She leaned back. "That's as much as I can say on the matter, honestly."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:52 am

Whight almost 'facepalmed' but reframed from doing so. Two of the suggestions Jack had proposed were things she herself could find hardly any use in spending resources on. The Order was far worse off than Whight once thought.

He knew there would be no sense in arguing on which matter was most important without raising suspicion. Instead he pushed on what he thought Jack found most important and practical. As Whight thought he found that working in hospital could pose potential as well. Getting his hands on the cure would be more than profitable.

"Then St. Mungo's sounds like our only choice for the time being. What exactly would we be doing there if we were to protect the place? Standard stand still and rotate security?"
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:28 am

His focus shifted away from Robert Lupin, which was wise. Many had tried to aide the man, but he was so averse to it. He had what Jack liked to call the guardian complex- both of the Thompson boys had it. 'I am capable of taking care of myself, therefore I should be trusted to take care of everyone and obviously I cannot be harmed because I am protecting others.' Jack didn't understand their logic. Her suggestions had come because she knew, ideally, protecting the Minster and law enforcement would provide benefit. But the world they lived in was less than ideal.

He turned his attention to St Mungo's, and she thought it over. "Robert's daughter is the director, and she is just as proud. Our security couldn't be official or obvious. It would be our members posing as nurses or patients, wandering and watching. Perhaps placing extra defensive spells where they could."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Whight would have assumed the cure was being worked on in some underground vault that no one could possibly reach without prior knowledge. It sounded as if a small raid was made to the place it could easily be over ran. The gears in Whight's head quickly began to turn. He knew something would have to be orchestrated soon.

"I must admit that I know very little about the facility. I would be more than happy to assist in the protection of the cure. It's clear that it could pose a great threat should it fall into the wrong hands." Whight knew that agreeing to this would only prolong his return. He hated that fact but perhaps there were others ways to go about it than getting Jack's approval. She would never recognize him anyway.

"I guess our next step would be getting acquainted with the place." Whight looked to his watch and then back to Jack. "I've got time if you do," he said with a smile.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:39 am

Whight was asking her if she had time- what was time anymore? Jack had reduced her hours sleeping to about 1.5 hours a day, so she had all the time in the world. She wondered how long she could survive as this sort of insomniac before she went to St Mungo's, not as a security measure, but as a patient.

Jack said, "I sure do. What excuse shall we go with? Want to be checking in? Or should I play Head of the Department and say that we're visiting a werewolf?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:51 am

"I believe we will have bit more freedom if you are there as Head of the Department. I would rather draw as little attention to us as possible."

Whight stood and dropped a few coins on the table. "Ready when you are," he said.

He wondered what he was about to get himself into. There was hope that he would find something to use in his favor, something to gain to upper hand and/or satisfaction from his employeer. Whight straightened his jacket and double checked for his wand and journal.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top