Make New Friends, Keep the Old (CLOSED) - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Make New Friends, Keep the Old (CLOSED) - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Make New Friends, Keep the Old (CLOSED)

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Make New Friends, Keep the Old (CLOSED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Make New Friends, Keep the Old (CLOSED)

Post by Alana York Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:43 pm

When Danny stared into her eyes the way he was doing now, it felt like Julia's soul was melting- how cheesy, but true. "There would never have to be any convincing" Julia assured him, "you had me from the minute you sat at the table." At that moment, she extended her hand across the space between them, and runned the back of her hand gently across his cheek. "I thought I was the one who had to do the convincing" She grinned and put her hand back to her side. Usually, Julia got more attention than she bargained for, but with Danny, she wasn't sure how he felt about her. His flirting was obvious, but she wasn't sure if he actually liked her or if he just wanted her for a fun time. But now it was clear, he liked her, and she liked him. How perfect.

"A tour? My house isn't that interesting" she giggled, but grabbed Danny's hand "Follow me" she said, a flirtatious tone hinting in her voice. "This is the kitchen," obviously, "not much to see here besides what you've already seen. And across the hall is the living room, of course. There's a little bathroom just past the stairs in the main hall; it's not really worth looking at" she chuckled and lead him up the stairs to an open hallway with many doors leading off of it. "Over here," she pointed to the closest door to the left and opened it slightly, "is the guest bedroom. There's a bathroom in there too. And over here is an office. I don't really use it much, but it will come in handy in the future. And the next door is just another bathroom. My friends call it the community bathroom. Up those little stairs is the attic. I have a little entertainment area set up there, and storage. No very interesting." Then, she lead Danny to the closest door to the right and walked inside, "and this is my room. It's much too big for just me, but it's comfy." She chuckled, and walked over to the balcony that overlooked the yard, stepping outside with Danny. "Besides the kitchen, the yard is probably the most used area." There was a large pool surrounded by a fence, and a large grassy area with a few scattered trees. There were a few lawn recliners in the pool area and a little table with an umbrella. "Most decorations courtesy of my mother" Julia grinned and took a seat on the edge of her bed.

After the little tour, Julia realized once again how absolutely ridiculous it was that she lived in that house alone. It was a house for a family, not for a single- well, apparently now taken- woman fresh out of school. But it was nice to have for the future, when Julia began to start a family of her own. But that wouldn't be for a while, but still it was nice. "And the tour ends here. Thank you for choosing the Traverse Touring Company" Julia giggled and invited Danny to sit with her on the bed. "I'm sorry, it's ridiculous. But I suppose it's nice to have." She said, holding their intertwined hands in her lap.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Make New Friends, Keep the Old (CLOSED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Make New Friends, Keep the Old (CLOSED)

Post by Danny Thompson Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Despite what Julia had said about her home, Danny was very impressed. The entire house itself seemed to be a great value in terms of real estate. The area surrounding the house seemed well-behaved, even though he hadn't seen anyone coming in or out of their houses, the house itself wasn't extravagant, but it was of a high class, and not to mention there were plenty of rooms and other decorations inside. He continued to feel envious as she showed him around her house. Even in America for the past two years, he had been living in an apartment at a bad area, so it was a refreshing change of pace to be standing in a house...a good looking one to boot.

He made a comment towards each room as she toured him around, always a compliment, yet nothing remarkable. He couldn't help but think of a few different ways on how to escape the house if he needed to, not escape in the sense from Julia, but if an emergency were to occur. It's always how he reacted whenever he stepped into an area, always having to watch his back. For some reason, the thought made his spine chill. He often wondered if things would be normal someday, where he didn't need to worry about Death Eaters attacking him, or worrying about the sickness that was being passed around. He grinned devilishly when Julia wasn't looking. What would be the fun in living if you couldn't get yourself into a fight?

He continued with Julia into what appeared to be her bedroom, his instinctive thoughts causing him to stare and search the room. He was glad he wasn't showing her his bedroom, the place had been trashed the last time he had been there. At that thought though, he had remembered that he had left his apartment when the lease had run dry, so he didn't even have a home at that point. Wasn't the first time he had been homeless, but it's wasn't as if he had enjoyed crashing at the Cauldron every day. His thoughts shattered to pieces though when Julia invited him to sit on her bed. He already had a bad feeling about that, but he didn't want to refuse. He sat next to Julia on her bed, keeping a short distance between them. It would be stupid to try anything so soon, he needed to make sure they could control themselves.

"I really like your home," said Danny "it's got a feeling of just hominess to it. Can't really find that feeling elsewhere." Then again, he did live in bad neighborhoods and often slept with a gun under his pillow. He would probably miss that the most if he ever moved into a nice neighborhood, he almost felt attached to the firearm at that point. "It's not ridiculous," he said with a smile "At least you have this place if you ever decide to settle down and have 2.4 children."
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 317
Special Abilities : Animagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Instinctively, Julia let go of Danny's hand as they sat together. She wondered what they would do together that night. There wasn't much to do around her neighborhood, besides a few pizza places or doughnut shops, which certainly were not first date territory- for adults, at least. Julia supposed that their encounter that morning could have counted as a first date, but it probably wouldn't have counted. Tonight would be their first official date, as a couple, not as strangers. Speaking of strangers, Julia remembered that she told Danny quite a bit about her, but he never told her much about him. She supposed now would be a good time to ask.

"So, Danny," She began casually, "we've been talking about me this whole afternoon, but you haven't told me anything about you." She tried looking into his eyes the way he looked into her's. "I wanna know about you. Pretty please?" She plead with a smirk, "You're so alluring to me," she admitted, looking down at her lap. She was a bit embarrassed to be admitting these things to him already, but she also felt comfortable with him. And if they were going to go out, they needed to know these things about each other. She hoped that he would open up to her eventually.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:12 am

Danny froze for a moment at her request, his expression showing signs of him in deep thinking. What was he to say? Most of his life had been revolved around violence and complete anarchy, sometimes some peaceful moments, how was he to explain to someone all of that? Well, he did brag about most of his life to Miseria earlier, but that was because she said she killed more people than him. His pride was definitely a weakness of his, and it had only been recent when he finally realized this.

He blew out some air and looked towards the ground. "There's a lot of stuff that happened in my life I really don't want to discuss," he said "I was younger and a lot more bolder back then. It's a part of my life I am trying to move on from." He scratched the side of his head for a second, trying to think of something to say. He needed to move the subject along from him to something else. He placed his hand on her lap and said "I'll tell you more about me as time goes on...but for now, I'd rather just keep myself mysterious and interesting...if that's alright with you."
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:28 am

Julia sighed in defeat; he wasn't going to say anything further on the subject and that was final. She looked down at his hand and nodded, "Of course it is. I don't want to pressure you, don't worry about it." And with that, Julia leaned over and kissed his cheek gently. "I like this 'mysterious' side of you, anyways." She giggled. And it was true, she liked the feeling of not knowing every little thing about him- despite the fact that she did want to know everything about him, but the current feeling was nice. Besides, she too had a few secrets of her own, secrets she wasn't sure she wanted to tell Danny, for now anyways.

Moving on from the subject, Julia turned to face Danny. "Well, what are we going to do now?" She asked politely, noticing that the sun was starting to get lower in the sky, leaving an orange glow to the room. One thing that Julia loved about her house, was that she had a beautiful view of the sunset each evening. There was a large pond near her backyard that you could faintly see over some trees. It was a gorgeous sight, like the world was putting on a show just for her. It put her at ease, all of her mixed thoughts and feelings from the afternoon evaporating. Now it was just her and Danny, and no bothersome thoughts getting in her way.

Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:34 am

[Post number 666!]

Danny cracked a grin when Julia had kissed him on the cheek. He didn't know how it was possible, for things to move that quickly. Yet he really didn't care altogether, he liked the idea of getting back into the game again, and she seemed to be up for it as well. It was a win-win. As for his personal history though, he would need to wait a bit before disclosing any info. He would like to warn her about the possible dangers she could be put into by dating him, yet he really didn't want to try and scare her off. "Thanks for understanding though," he said, a warm smile across his face "most people would probably be turned off by my mysterious past. Guess I found a keeper."

The damn question always seemed to come back to him. Why? He wasn't sure, but every time it had been asked, he never had a good answer to respond with. Moving his gaze towards the ground, he thought for a moment, trying to get out some kind of response, any response would be good. As he was thinking though, he suddenly had a terrifying thought. Was he late for the meeting? "Aw Christ," he said, moving his view down to his watch. Yup, he was about fifteen minutes late now. The order members were sure to love him. "I gotta go," he said, pushing himself off her bed "I've got some business to attend to."

[I am running out of ideas for this thread, so let's just make a new one xD]
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:30 pm

How could Julia not understand where he was coming from? If he didn't want to tell her anything right now, then that was perfectly fine. They did just meet, after all. And it was kind of funny how they just met that morning, and by sundown they were going to go on a date. Things were moving so quickly with the two of them; Julia felt like she knew Danny much longer than she actually did. They had quite a bit in common, but they definitely had to get to know each other more before they took it to the next level. Julia smiled at Danny, "and I believe I found a keeper as well." The compliment was sincere, he seemed like a great guy, incredibly handsome, and kept her guessing. A near-perfect man.

Julia frowned when Danny got up, but was also a bit relieved. If they had spent more time alone together, she wasn't sure how she would be able to control herself. The urge had died down since the little tour, but it was still there. It was certainly still there. "Alright, I'll see you later, then?" She said, standing up and lead him downstairs to the door. Gently, Julia wrapped her arms around him in a hug and gave him a sweet, but passionate, kiss.

- - - - - - - - - END OF THREAD - - - - - - - - -
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top