Marriage is Murder - Page 78
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 78 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 78 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 89 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 78 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Brian wasn't sure exactly why Jess had followed him. He was very capable of going to a hotel by himself. He wasn't entirely pleased. She hadn't given him a choice about handling his own relationship with his wife. But she was, for some odd reason, persistent. He went to the door and opened it, not saying anything, just motioning her in.

"Don't wake her," he finally said. "Jess, tell me. Why are you here, exactly? She doesn't need pursuading to come back. She knows its over. Clearly. She's just been too sick because of Robert's symptoms, and now she's weak and she's resting. She wasn't planning on staying. She's only bought two changes of clothes. I presume I'll bring her back when she wakes up. Probably in the morning. We've already paid for the room for tonight, but the receipt I found. She's only paying by the day."

He found clean sheets in the closet and put them on the bed and made it up fresh for her, turning back the sheets for when she woke up. By the time he finished his chores, the room looked like it had intended to look and not like it had when he had first arrived. Sometimes fixing his marriage meant starting with just tidying a room.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Jess looked at Khaat and sighed but stayed quiet she looked at Brian and frowned. “ I came not to interfere in your marriage, but because she is my longest and closest friend. “She said softly as he knelt and looked at her. She knew from not even touching her about just how weak she was, leaving her to Brian would be the better option and she sighed. “ I am her friend and always foremost a healer too and inside me I have to make sure she will be physically able to return I know you will do your best and I know you are a healer too but please I worried about her for those ten days” she said and stood up “ if you want me to go I will go but you being her husband doesn't mean I have to give up being her friend.” she spoke softly so not to disturb Khaat as she slept.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

"I didn't say you weren't her friend," Brian said. "I never said a syllable about that." He saw Khaat was starting to wake. He poured her a mug of tea and put some potions into it enough to get her up and showered and fed. He took the tea to her. She woke, and frowned sleepily at him.

"Don't ask," he said softly, brushing her hair out of her face. "Let it be. Just drink. It'll help." He helped her drink the tea slowly, just allowing the quiet.

"How'd you find me?" she asked.

"I know you," he said quietly. The potions started to kick in. "Feeling a little better?" he asked.

"Um...maybe," she said. She saw Jess there too. "I had hoped you all would know what I was doing," she sighed.

"I think we did," Brian said. "Come on. First things first. You'll feel better with a shower and some food. We'll do the shower first and then you can take your time over the food I brought."

"I'm not hungry," she said softly.

"I know. Its been too long, and you've been sick. But I brought you some of that wine broth you like, fresh croissants, and some of Angus's really soft sugar cookies. They're plain with just a sprinkle of sugar on the top. If you take your time, you can manage this. I'll heat it up when you're done in the shower."

He helped her up and found she wasn't at all good on her feet even with the potions. And he could feel ribs again. She had apparently dealt with more of Robert's illness than anyone had known. He helped her to the bathroom and helped her refresh herself. He helped her into a clean nightgown, the hotel white terry robe, and helped her comb out her wet hair. Just doing that much had tired her. He brought her out and helped her sit back on the sofa.

"Can you manage some coffee?" he asked her.

"Maybe. I'm not sure," she said. He got her a cup of coffee and put it on the table next to her but by the time he brought it back, she had fallen into a light sleep again already because of her fatigue. He sighed heavily.

"This is going to take awhile," he said softly to Jess.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Jess folded her arms but on seeing Khaat wake she stepped back letting Brian do what was necessary on hearing her she nodded “ we did but it still didn't stop me from worrying about you ” she told her but not before she made a fresh pot of coffee while Brian was Helping Khaat up she placed the food on some plates and left them beside the bed. She saw how thin Khaat was and sighed before she spoke “ Brian I will leave now I won't tell any one where you are just...take care of her” she said and looked at Khaat “ Khaat, let him for once its about time you had some one pamper you at least until he says your strong enough” she said and gave her a light hug. “ now I will go” she apparated out of the room and back to the main farm,leaving them alone as he felt that was how they wanted it to be.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:16 pm

It was a long night for Brian. He helped Khaat get some food and then put her into bed. She was asleep again, deeply, before he covered her. He ate after she had fallen asleep, and he spent the night drinking coffee. She didn't move all night. He had decided he had to get her home. He packed for her during the night, squared up her hotel bill and notified the hotel they were leaving by daylight.

When she woke, he helped her refresh again and helped her dress, making sure she had a cup of restorative tea to help her have the energy to wash and dress. He used a glamour spell on her to help her feel her best. It didn't matter how thin she got. He would always think she was beautiful. When he had her dressed, he left the door tag for maid service on the door and the hotel key on the desk and apparated her home.

Angus was up. It was entirely too early for anyone else to be up. It was just after 4 am. No one else was usually up until 5. Angus was making fresh breads and cinnamon rolls and scones. The coffee and tea were both brewing, and he had the entrees ready to go into the oven. When Brian got back with Khaat, Angus was not entirely surprised by any of it.

"Welcome back," he said with a warm smile.

"Thank you," Khaat said.

"I'm taking her up to our room," Brian said. "It is going to take a bit for her to get her strength back."

"Khaat, would you like some French Roast?" Angus asked.

"Please?" she asked.

"I'll bring it right up," he smiled. Brian took her upstairs and helped her find her favorite nightgown and helped her back into bed, with some pillows behind her to help her sit up a bit. He showered and shaved and dressed and by that time, Angus had delivered their normal morning coffee tray. It was starting to feel a bit more sane again.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Jack was first up heading down to go work out in the gym, Steven was next carrying Jaylen who wanted something to drink Cassidy carried James and Fallon. Jess was next and she smiled feeling Khaat was back as she sat at the table ready for something to eat. Jim walked in from the grounds after his usual early morning walk. “ I can tell Khaat's back, how is she Angus?” she asked softly to him knowing he would have seen her first when they came back. Fallon took her sippy cup that Cassidy had made for her and drank happily along with Jaylen. Jim looked at Steven and smiled as he spoke.

“The green house is coming along beautifully “ he said to him and Steven smiled back.

“Yeah, Edwards design is now taking shape” He said as James retched out for his sippy cup “ ok here you go”

“ Tankgoo” James said and giggled softly as he drank his juice.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:46 pm

"She's just very weak," Angus said. "Its going to take her a bit. By the looks of it, she was truly sick. It doesn't look to me like she was well enough to take care of herself for a good portion of the time she was gone. I would guess Robert and Kate will be over this morning, and perhaps Robert will at least look at her. I would presume he could put it behind him for that long. Brian brought her back, ordered their usual coffee tray and took her up to bed. I haven't heard from them since. But its not really time for either of them to be downstairs yet."

Angus flicked his wand to start the table to set itself and was about to return to the kitchen to take the breakfast entrees out of the oven when Robert and Kate apparated in.

"Smells good, as always," Robert said.

"How's the shoulder?" Angus asked.

"Much, much better," Robert said. Angus got two mugs of tea and handed one to each of them.

"So you know," Angus said. "Brian brought Khaat home a short bit ago."

"She didnt return on her own?" Robert asked.

"No," Angus said. "She didnt. She was entirely too sick to come back on her own." Robert didnt say a word. He turned and went upstairs straight away.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Jess looked at Angus and sighed shaking her head * sorry to say she wasn't “ she said and looked knowing at him “ I followed him she was very weak when he found her” she told them as he fed Fallon with toast. Jack returned wiping down his forehead with a towel as he moved to the table “ Hey Jack, shower then come to breakfast, don't need a sweaty man at the table” Jess said and pointed upstairs Jack walked off to shower. Jim walked over after he'd hung up his jacket on the hook. Jack returned several moments later washed and changed as he sat next to Jess and took his food to eat.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Robert went up to the bedroom and he found Brian just finishing dressing.

"How is she?" Robert asked.

"Weak," Brian said. "Thin." Robert went over and sat on the edge of the bed. "I trust you don't need me?"

"No. I do not," Robert said, checking her. "Go eat."

"I will." Brian went downstairs and greeted his kids with kisses and hugs. Abbey wanted to sit on his lap. He diverted her attention by giving her part of one of Angus's cinnamon rolls. He didn't want her to start to expect to sit on his lap instead of at her place. "Robert is with Khaat. I'm sure he'll bring us a report. I think it might just take time now. I didn't detect that she was in pain now. I think we need to move forward with harvesting the rest of our late crops and building the greenhouse."

"How is the canning going?" Angus asked.

"Canning?"

"I set up a large wizarding tent right at the harvest area, and I have a crew using my family's recipes and canning or freezing or otherwise storing all our crops for winter. Obviously, you didn't notice or taste test either one."

"When have you ever let me taste test?" Brian frowned. "And no, I didnt know anything about them. But that area is on the other side of the estate. I'll have to apparate out there after breakfast or perhaps ride out. The horses could use the exercise."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Jess saw Robert return and she was relived to know he was there she staid quiet as Angus told him Khaat was up in her room and she was thin. Jess knew he would go up to see her and sure enough he did leaving them down stairs with Edward. “ I wondered what that tent was for and I did, there wonderful” she told his smiling “ You have to try some Angus “ she told him as she gave Alex some juice. Jack finished his food and pored some coffee for Jess, himself and Cassidy smiling as he made the cup float across the table to her. Taking it she drank it gladly as Steven continued to make sure the others ate there food with out making too much of a mess.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 89 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top