Marriage is Murder - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 5 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:53 pm

"I planned on just doing a buffet, letting folks help themselves, but if you like..." Angus began. He was interrupted by a knock on the door. Edward stood up quickly. It wasn't quite 5 am.

"Wands drawn but out of sight," Edward said. He went to the door and answered it and then opened the door widely. Daniella came in with two aurors behind her. The two large men were carrying hundreds of flowers in many different bouquets. Edward motioned the crew to go help the aurors unload Daniella's gift.

"Forgive me, but I knew you'd be up," Daniella said. "How is she?"

"Resting comfortably," Edward smiled. "Thank you for thinking of her."

"I have been an ally of Robert and Kate's for many years. How could I stay away? Do..do I smell baking?"

"My grandson," Edward said.

"How does he cook in a hotel suite?"

"I'm a wizard," Angus laughed.

"I think its his cinnamon rolls," Edward said.

"And two quiche," Angus said, putting out a large bowl of fresh fruit. "You're welcome to stay and eat."

"If you wait a bit, Robert may have fresh word," Edward said. "He just took her a sip of coffee." As he was speaking, Brian wandered out of the bedroom wearing just a pair of jeans, unshaven, hair uncombed.

"Oops," he yawned, more asleep than awake.

"Now why can't you two look that tan and muscular and handsome first thing in the morning?" Daniella looked back at her own aurors.

"That's handsome?" Edward frowned. "The boy needs a shower and a shave." Angus filled a cup of coffee for him and took it to him.

"Thanks," Brian managed sleepily.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 am

Jack and Jim chuckled at Daniella's words as they moved to take the flowers placing them in vases. Steven on the other hand stood up and headed to the kitchen taking the quiche out of the oven and set it on a cooling wire. He was staying out of the way. Jim accioded some hot tea for himself and sat listening to her. they both knew she admired Brian " that takes a hell of a lot of training , to get a body like that, shame to say I have slaked on that part " Jim said patting his tummy as he moved to sit on a comfortable chair with his cup of tea. Jack just staid stood up wondering why Steven had come back like he had it still bothered him how he knew they had been at the fashion show.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:12 am

"I hate spending time in the gym," Daniella sighed.

"And that's why we dont look like that," her aurors said. She frowned, thinking.

"You might have an excellent point. I do believe I shall have to hire one of Robert's men to design a training program. You all should be in better shape. Mr. Quinn, Could I hire you?"

"Sorry," Brian said, sipping on his coffee. "I have two full time jobs. But any of my men are very qualified to teach what I've trained them to do. And they could easily set up a training program for you while we're here and it would give them some extra cash. They're all in good shape. Well, most of them are, anyway."

"And do they fight as well as Robert does?" Daniella asked.

"Few fight as well as Robert does," Brian said. "But we do try. And he trained us. So, your crew would be in good hands."

"Brian,..." Robert began from the doorway. "Daniella?" He looked at the endless flowers in every conceivable space. "Did you buy a flowershop?" He went over and embraced her.

"How is your daughter?" Daniella asked.

"Awake. Taking her time through some coffee. Brian, you could let her soak in the tub if you don't leave her. She's not strong enough to stand for a shower. Not yet. And I think she would really appreciate being clean."

"I'm on it. Excuse me," Brian said, hurrying back to the bedroom.

"I want to hire one of your men," Daniella told Robert.

"What for?" he asked.

"You see that young man who just left?"

"My son in law?"

"Indeed. I want my aurors to look like that."

"I'll be happy to do that. When all my aurors look like that," He kidded with her. She playfully slapped him.

"Don't joke. They're in superb shape," she said.

"Depends on who would like the extra cash, I suppose," Robert shrugged.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 am

Jim shook his head as Jack chuckled , Steven walked back out and looked at Daniella and the flowers he shook his head and watched as Robert walked out noting Brian was already in the room , he stood his arms folded across his chest. His eyes met with Brian's as he left to go to Khaat but Steven said nothing. If Robert wanted a volunteer to train Daniella's men he would offer seeing he had been fired from the organization but still held Roberts training and words above everything. Jack moved to stand with Steven and smelt the food.

" Angus whens it going to be ready I'm hungry" he said making Steven smile and shake his head s he looked at him.

" Jack your always hungry " he said patting Jacks stomach as he moved to face him.

" Hay big guy, big apatite, I can't help it, its who I am." he said and smiled at them all.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:48 am

"I'll be happy to loan you one of my men," he said. "But let us have time to discuss it first and then I'll send the one I choose to you."

"Fair enough," she said. "Unless you choose to come yourself?"

"I already have two full time jobs and five grandbabies that I want to watch grow up, my dear. My days as a trainer away from my family are at an end. At least for now. I would, however, consult with the man I loan you and send my training program manual with him."

"Very well. Robert, I have one piece of business," she regretted bringing it up.

"Ah yes," he sighed. "You need statements from every person I had there."

"I do," she said. "Robert, tell me the truth. Did you purposely go there to kill James?"

"I wasn't there," Robert said. "Not until Khaat's medallion sounded."

"Daniella," Michael said. "You know exactly what kind of a monster James Blood was. He had lost his humanity and was out of control."

"What you don't know," Edward said to her boldly," ..was that he was completely out of control with one of the worst cases of bloodlust that I've ever seen in all my years."

"Are you sure, Edward?" Daniella frowned deeply.

"No question about it," Edward said.

"Do you have proof?" she asked.

"I can prvide you all the proof you need," Edward said. "But I trust that you will allow me time to work with Khaat to get it for you. She is a very skilled seer, and what you need is locked in her head." Daniella sighed.

"I was afraid you were going to say that. Very well. Take the time you need. But I want written statements from you all within the next 24 hours. I will give her the necessary time she needs, but do not leave Italy please before I clear this up. I will be hard pressed to prove your innocence if you leave before its cleared, at least without my agreement."

"You have my word, Daniella," Robert said. Angus cut the quiches and plated the cinnamon rolls onto a large platter. He set the quiches and the cinnamon rolls on the breakfast bar and added plates and silverware, juice, and napkins.

"Come and eat," Angus said. "Robert, will Khaat be eating?"

"We will try. Let Brian get her comfortable first and then we will try," Robert said. "Fix your plates, Everyone. Daniella, you three need to at least try Angus's cinnamon rolls. They are amazing...." He hadn't finished when Kate apparated in with a fierce wand crack. That wasnt' Kate's style unless she was stressed.

"Robert," she was frantic for news. He smiled at her warmly and went over to her, setting her bag on the floor.

"Calm yourself," he said very softly, brushing her hair fro her face and kissing her. "She's stable. She's going to be alright. She might need some pampering and some..."

"She needs her mother," Kate said firmly.

"She needs her family," Robert said. "But yes. A bit of tender loving care might just be the ticket."

"I want to see her."

"I told Brian he could help her clean up. You might want to wait until he has her out of the tub. Get yourself some tea, Dear. You can see her just as soon as she's out of the tub. I promise. I'd like Brian and Khat to both get some food anyway."

"Is she strong enough to feed herself?" Kate asked.

"No," Robert said. "Not yet. And she has no interest in much of anything yet, but at least she hasn't just given up."

"What does that mean, exactly?" Michael asked.

"It means she's just very quiet. I think it was very traumatic for her. In her view, last night she was alive, and then it felt like she was strangled to death, and then it felt like she was dead, and then suddenly thrust back into her wounded body. Its confusing as hell. She didn't see all we did. She was blinded and deafened by the stone itself. So it feels like her memory is full of holes--like swiss cheese. I don't think she knows what to think or feel, and that would be more than normal under the circumstances. Its easier to be very quiet and numb. And I can't blame her one bit. Its very disorienting to move from life to death and back again. And to have it happen at least 3 times in her life."

"So how will you help her?" Michael asked.

"One step at a time," Robert said. "We started with sleep. Then a part of a cup of coffee, then a bath and clean clothes and clean bedding, a bit of lotion and a bit of perfume...And I hope we follow that with some breakfast, a bit more coffee, and then after that, whatever she wants."

"How long before she's back on her feet?" Kate asked.

"Perhaps a day or two. Three on the outside. At least physically. Once she's on her feet, then we can deal with the emotional stuff. And we will. But first things first. So, for all of us, not just her--breakfast. Showers and clean clothes for those who haven't done that. Then Steven and I need to talk, if we have Khaat settled to some degree. She does not even know he's here. I will talk to her. She needs her facts straight. I will make no decisions until I get her input. She deserves to have some voice in who entrusts her life to. Then he and I will talk, and I trust you lot can keep yourselves amused that long. Oh, and can someone take that dog out? He's been flawlessly devoted to her all night, but he can't wait forever to go out."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 am

Jack Jim and Steven all stood up suddenly as they heard the crack of aperating but Steven placed his hand in his pocket knowing that sound all too much , it was Kate and she was not pleased. Jim sat back down while Jack went and grabbed some food for himself. Turning he saw Steven leaning against the door frame and on the mention of talking to Robert he talking he moved back into the kitchen out of the way. Jack shook his head and listened to Robert again as he moved to sit with Jim who took a cinnamon roll from Jacks plate but Jack just smiled and ate quietly. Steven walked back out with fresh coffee and sat near the open french doors hearing the howls off in the distance now fading to only one or two.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 am

Edward had heard what Steven had heard, and he breathed a sigh of relief. "That is a travelling command, usually," Edward said. "Sounds like they are moving off to be alone for awhile. That's not untypical. They could be gone for a couple of months before they resurface. Its actually a good thing."

"They will resurface then," Angus said.

"Oh, most certainly. They will resurface somewhere, but as of now, we do not know where or when or why. That may all shift with James gone. I think we would be well within our rights to hope that they focus on someone else for a bit."

Brian finally came out of the bedroom. He was showered and clean shaven and dressed himself now as well. He carried both coffee mugs.

"How is my daughter?" Kate demanded. He went over and greeted her with a kiss on her cheek.

"Better than any of us thought she would be, compared to last night," Brian said calmly. "She was glad to get cleaned up. She's back in bed. The whole bathtub ordeal tired her. She's asked for more coffee, and I saw no harm."

"She can have anything she wants, as much as she wants," Robert told hiim. "If she wants more coffee, so be it." Brian merely nodded and went to refill the mugs. Kate took it upon herself to go see Khaat. Brian had propped her up on stacks of pillows. She was clean, her hair was wet but combed out. There was an ugly healing wound around her neck. It wasn't bleeding but that was about all that Kate could say for it. She planned on getting Robert to address that more effectively today. She considered that in the heat of the moment, they had most likely only been concerned about making sure she didn't bleed to death. Kate went over and kissed Khaat softly and sat down on the bed and looked into her face. Her eyes looked empty today. Empty of her love for life. Kate had seen this before in the other two or three times she had come so close to death. It did take a bit to regain any love for being here. Kate had expected Khaat to be far more emotional, traumatized. But she wasnt. Kate discovered Khaat just was quiet and a bit empty.

"How can I help?" she asked her.

"I'm okay," Khaat said. "I just feel blank."

"Have you asked your father about that?"

"A little," Khaat said. "He says the blank feeling will wear off."

"I'm sure he's right. You'd have every right to be upset, you know."

"Yeah, I know," she said, "Its odd, but I'm not. It's almost like its okay because that's the way its supposed to be for now."

"Perhaps. Brian is getting some coffee and maybe some breakfast for you two."

"I'm really not hungry," she said. "I just dont' feel anything."

"I know. But he's worried about you. Let's stop all his concern by at least going through the motions of it, shall we?"

"If nobody nags," she sighed.

"No one will nag you. I give you my word," Kate smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Steven looked at Edward and nodded " there not happy with us at all " he said softly " my source says there going home to regroup "he added looking into his cup, suddenly the howls stopped and all they could hear was the birds and the sound of the water against the dock below the window. Steven sighed before he spoke again " that will help Khaat relax not hearing that" he said and sipped his coffee as he saw Jack walk out with a cinnamon bun in his hands as he ate.

" there quiet" he said and Steven nodded " that's good , that noise kept me awake last night" he said not letting on it was also the nightmare of the look in James eyes as he looked down as he ripped out his heart. Jim picked up the lead an looked at Enzo smiling.

" ok you and me again , come on boy" he said and walked him to the door he paused for a moment and then continued outside.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:55 pm

When breakfast was over, Robert motioned to Steven and told everyone else to simply leave them alone for a bit. He refilled his tea cup and went out to the balcony.

"Sit," he told Steven, sitting down as well. "Let's start from the beginning. I'm sorry, but I do need to ask. You were always happy to pitch in wherever you were needed. And then all of a sudden you felt like the things we needed help were beneath you. What the devil happened to you? Were you mistreated? Did someone ask you to do something that you truly objected to? I need to know what caused all that nonsense. Truth be told, I can't put you back on duty to put Khaat's life in your hands until I can explain to her what happened and give her a legitimate reason why she should even begin to trust you again. If I can overcome that, we might be able to resolve this. Does that make sense?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Steven moved with Robert out onto the balcony he lent against the railing and listened as he spoke. Steven shook his head " no , nothing like that , at the time I ...I was frustrated nothing was being done to stop James , it felt like it was dragging on way too long to be safe. " He sighed " My source told me he was up to something and I had to find out what by the time I did it was to late. " He looked back at him over his shoulder at Robert as he spoke again. " I knew you'd not let me go and so I accepted your firing and Jacks beating which I might add has left me with a tricky shoulder and that tackle didn't help it none, I kept you all out of it so that if it went wrong , yes I know cassidy and the kids, I thought about them every day, but I knew they would be safe and looked after, my goal was to keep him focused on me and away from Khaat but it turned out his blood lust got the better of him finally" he folded his arms across his chest as he looked at Robert . " I'm not asking to be taken back in to the organization, but I won't leave her unguarded, even if it means going underground to protect her" his eyes unmoving from Robert.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top