Marriage is Murder - Page 23
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 23 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 23 of 100 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 61 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 23 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Robert helped Khaat on with her robe, and he got her to her feet. She found she wasn't very steady. He walked her a couple of steps and she looked up and saw herself in the mirror. She had a lot of new bruises. She didn't remember at all where they had come from. He saw her eyeing the bruises and looked at her.

"Talk to me," he said softly. She tried, but the words weren't there. Her speech was gone again. He had expected that, really. "Don't worry. Give yourself some time." She looked at him. She wanted to know what happened. "Food first," he said. "You do need to eat. Then, if you're up to it, you can clean up. But you really do need to rest today." She nodded.

Brian looked into the bedroom and saw Robert was having to work to get her to her feet. He looked at the others. "She doesn't remember," he told them. "Let's go easy, huh? She doesn't remember a bloody thing. She just knows she hurts and doesn't know why. So be very gentle."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Jim and Jack nodded " no worries we thought we'd be like that for her " Jim said and Jack nodded continuing to eat. "so I'm guessing she can't talk ether " Jim said softly poring a coffee for Brian and handing it to him so he could drink " you need to eat too Brian" he said and sat back down with Jack to continue his breakfast " seems Abby is fussy on what berries she likes " he said and chuckled trying not to make anything of Khaats condition. Jack finished his breakfast and stood up and moved through to the kitchen placing his cup and plate in the sink.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:36 pm

"She's not fussy if its a berry, but she'll eat berries before she eats melon," Angus said. Brian was about to speak but heard Robert's voice as he spoke softly to Khaat from the bedroom doorway. Brian turned and looked at her. He had been so glad to see her awake, but seeing her next to her healthy father made him see sharply how very ill she truly was. She was now starting to look like hell. Brian didn't know what to say. Perhaps there were no words. He went over to her, and slid his arm around her. She could feel a sudden emotional distance from him. One she'd never felt before. Whatever this was, it wasn't good. She let them lead her to the table, and they sat her at her place as Angus placed a fresh cup of French Roast in front of her, a fruit salad and a piece of coffee cake. He knew she would not eat the casserole. Not today, anyway.

Brian sat down beside her, and Robert sat on the other side. Kate looked at them, sensing Brian still had something unsettled on his mind. And Kate wanted Robert to get to it--before Khaat figure it out. Robert had a very firm belief that she already most likely sensed something. Enzo curled up at her feet.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Jack and Jim both smiled seeing Khaat come to the table both noticed how she was but said nothing Jack ate some rolls then moved out onto the balcony for some fresh air Jim smiled at Khaat and Brian together but he could see something wasn't all right between them " everything ok?" he asked softly as he continued to eat his breakfast. He refilled Abby's bowl with more fruit minus the Mellon witch he saw pushed to one side , he also refilled her cup and placed some food in Enzo's bowl that he accioed from a bag Michael's friend had given them back on the beach.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:07 am

Khaat knew things weren't right at all. She'd had her face turned down towards her fruit, but when Jim asked, Khaat glanced slightly at Brian, without looking up. He saw her looking at him.

"Its not you, okay?" He said softly. "Its me. Its just something I have to work out." She reached over and pulled the new pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. It wasn't the pack she had remembered him having. He had never smoked heavily, but something had changed. Robert was starting to feel an imperative. He needed to say something very soon, or she was going to get the entirely wrong idea.

"Khaat," Robert said gently. "What you don't remember is that you were hurt yesterday. It was an accident. But you know Brian. He can't let go of feeling its his fault. He takes your safety very seriously...." As her father was speaking, she drew Brian's face up suddenly to see hers. Her eyes met his. And she saw something she didn't think she'd see before. She was seeing that he didn't want to be with her right now. A cold feeling ran through her veins. A fear she'd never known. He'd never rejected her before. Was she unacceptable now for some reason? She apparated quickly back to the bedroom, shutting the door. Robert could not help but feel panic of his own seeing her apparate. He apparated to the bedroom too, hoping he could catch her if she had had plans of leaving.

Michael looked over at Brian. "Alright. Out with it. What is with you? She thinks you don't want to be with her. She thinks you're rejecting her because of this."

"She doesn't remember what 'this' even is," Brian said coldly. Michael got up and went around the table and sat down at Robert's place and clutched up Brian by his shirt.

"Now you listen to me, you little prat," Michael hissed in rare anger. "Don't you dare make her feel like dirt under your feet for any reason. And certainly not this." He dug in his pocket and handed him a portkey. "Use this damned thing. Get her dressed, and you two don't come back here until she at least knows you arent' going to leave her."

"I have no intention of leaving her," Brian frowned.

"You have 2 seconds to do what I tell you," Michael threatened, and Angus knew by Michael's tone that he wasn't playing. Brian got up and went into the bedroom.

"They'll be alright, you know," Angus said.

"Yes," Michael said. "They will now."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Jim and jack both sat watching not sure of what they could or should do both sighed and looked at Michael as he spoke to Brian both smiled then looked at Angus who had spoken to Michael. Jim could not help but wonder if he was just wishful thinking may be the time alone was what they needed. " I'll go hunting for a place for them both to go to" he said and stood up placing his plate in the sink he picked up his coat looking back at the bedroom door he shook his head and left.

As Jim walked he found a small apartment inside he found it to be perfect for Brian and Khaat he spoke to the woman who owned it and she told him it was for sale. He took a look around and liked what he saw including the small courtyard with a high wall making the purchase he took the key and deed back to the hotel placing them on a small table. Jack looked at him and smiled. " Angus I found that place they need " Jim said and told him about it.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Angus used wandless magic to slide the key and the deed under the bedroom door. There was silence for a long while, and then Robert came out of the bedroom alone.

"Thank you," Robert said. "They've worked it out enough to go together for at least overnight. I honestly am not surprised she doesn't remember. I think it truly is about the fact that she was hit in the head so hard. Abbey really was right. She was hit hard enough that the back of her head was split open from the base of her skull to the top of her head. It did take a bit to close. I was surprised that she did not have a skull fracture. She does have a concussion."

"Is that why she's so dazed?" Kate asked.

"At least partly. The other part is that she does somehow realize that this wasnt a good thing. How much she knows, well, I really don't know. It is altogether possible that she was completely unconscious at the time of the assault. Or that she was only conscious enough to be aware but not able to do a damned thing to help herself."

"And what the hell is wrong with Brian, then?" she asked.

"He's afraid he's going to lose her," Robert said. "He hasn't said it, but I know him. He's afraid she just can't take any more. He sees how bad she looks. He isn't blind to it. And he thinks it is all just plain too much for her. He figures it is going to just keep eating away at her a little piece at a time, like a parasite and she'll just waste away."

"Surely he's wrong," Kate said.

"Surely its a possibility if we can't make it stop. Anything I say to him is only going to be words to him right now. But...she can tell him volumes without a syllable. And she needs to. So, yes, I sent them off for a couple days. They had two choices. Michael's portkey and the key you sent in. I did not ask which one they used. We're moving ahead with our plans to take that cruise. And, yes, we will keep the rooms here until we know we won't need them. I would say that if you all want to take the afternoon off and go home to see family, then do so. Kate and Abbey and I will remain here. I don't know when you'll get another chance to have an overnight at home. Besides, when do I get a chance to pamper just one grandkid at a time? I'm looking forward to it."

ooc: we can shorten the time if you like. you could let your characters go home, spend an overnight and come back the next night, and maybe just do it all in one post. you could drop cassidy and jess and the kids at the ship if you like. that would be a loooong post, but you could do it that way if you want.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Jim nodded and spoke " Good, means nether of us know where they are. " He said and looked at the nodding Jack when Robert said they could spend some time with their family's Jack moved to his room and gathered his tux and spare shoes into a small bag witch he shrunk and slipped into his pocket. Jim chuckled and his things packed floating as they shrunk into his pocket. Jack walked back out and looked at Robert.

" I'll be back first thing tomorrow morning but after the kids and the others are on the yacht. " he said and aperated back to the estate finding Jess in the kitchen cooking he wrapped his arms around her and told her they had all afternoon and evening to themselves. This news made Jess smile.

" well go find our children and be a father for an afternoon " she told him after she had kissed him to show she had missed him. Jack just held her close for a moment before heading down to the play area. Jim stood after Jack had gone and looked at Robert.

" I can stay if you want me to Margaret's not expecting me yet" but seeing the look on his face he chuckled and nodded " ok I too will be right here early tomorrow" he said softly " Robert Kate , relax too, you both deserve it" he said smiling as he aperated to his farm, two children ran out to greet him as did a blond woman in an apron wiping her hands.

"Everything ok?" she asked smiling" I just made and apple pie and fresh vanilla ice cream " she spoke softly to him as he slipped his arm around her waist. " you stopped smoking?" she asked and he nodded.

" though it was about time I did" he said and popped a sweet into his mouth " for me and the kids, got to be back tomorrow morning but tonight I'm all yours " he said as Ian jumped about.

" daddy will you read me a story tonight?" he asked as Jim sat down in front of an open fire and chuckled, Ian sat on his knee as the others sat around him as he read from his story book.

Next morning Jack woke and smiled seeing Jess next to him he saw the suit cases and chuckled shaking his head as he rose to shower. " Jess time to leave , I have to take you to the ship " he said and she woke smiling.

"Good sounds like the kids are awake , I mean all of them" she said hearing cassidy's voice from across the hall . Showering and dressing Jack, Jess and cassidy dressed all the kids in summer clothes. Then Jack aperated to Angus's Yacht explaining he then left them to head to the hotel.

Meanwhile Jim woke gently to the smell of bacon eggs and toast along with fresh ground coffee. bathing and dressing into newly pressed jeans and a light shirt he walked to the kitchen smiling as he saw Margaret cooking. " morning" he said smiling.

"Morning, you slept like a log last night" she said kissing him gently as she placed down his breakfast and sat to eat her own.

" it shouldn't be much longer " he said softly as he held her hand, as he did he slipped on a ring onto her finger " to replace the one that was lost " he said and she smiled kissing him again. Once eaten he looked at Margaret and the children he handed each a package and they ran off to play. Standing up and with a kiss for each of his children he aperated back to the hotel room and smiled seeing Jack already there. " Good morning Angus , jack " he said " hope everything was quiet last night?" he asked.

((wow: 655 words))
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 pm

"So far," Angus said. "We just finished breakfast, and Robert and Kate took Abbey and Enzo out for a morning walk. Michael isn't back yet, and my grandfather is helping with cruise arrangements. So, I guess its just me for right now. And no, we haven't heard a syllable from Khaat and Brian. Not yet. But we didn't expect to."

Morning came, and Khaat and Brian had slept in a bit. Their fatigue had bested them. It had been one of most difficult days they'd faced. It had taken him awhile to get his own thoughts in order. Then, when he did, he had to choose to tell her. He had to tell her the truth and had to get real with his own fears. It had taken her awhile to absorb it all. It had left her even more quiet and stunned for hours. She had simply sat on the bed, her arms curled around her knees, in withdrawn silence. It was almost too much. She had to deal with Brian's struggles as well and absorb that he wasn't really withdrawing from her. It was his own fear he was withdrawing from.

But another morning had come, like after the storm. And there was quiet now. Brian had sent out for simple things. Fresh fruit. Coffee. Scones. They really needed nothing more. He got up and made coffee and then showered and dressed. She was awake. Sitting outside alone, watching the sunrise. He coached her through a shower and fresh clothes and then greeted her with coffee and a kiss. It wasn't a big start, but it was a start. And, maybe, it was enough.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Jim nodded and smiled Jack spoke " I dropped Jess , cassidy and the kids at the yacht also told them we'd be there later " he said " hope that was ok?" he asked Angus " I'm never too sure with sailors just what the terminology is for them " he said and saw Jim chuckled as he walked over to him.

" Jack there human and understand you perfectly fine , besides I'm sure Jess will have things in order when we arrive" he said and jack nodded as he managed to find some coffee.

" sorry they were a bit boisterous last night " he said Jim nodded " but it was good to get back home again" Jack smiled a wide smile at Angus and Jim. He too nodded.

" that it was but now Jack were at work so focus " he said and Jack took a deep breath in and nodded " you said Michael is not back yet, hes usually the first here , I wonder whats keeping him?" he moved to the balcony window as he thought about Michael's lateness but then he turned " well he'll show when he can."
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 100 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 61 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top