Money system restart - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Money system restart - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Money system restart

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Money system restart - Page 2 Empty Re: Money system restart

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:43 am

Wait. Why can't you do a job?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:59 am

Is it because of the being wanted thing? I forget if that's right... I remember seeing something about that somewhere...
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:03 am

It was a while ago i think but a wanted list popped up and I had Ne'Os be added for some crimes that would still be in effect. One of which escaping Azkaban. The only reason I had a job was because of Grindy being minister but now that he is gone i can't imagine that immunity staying present. Plus would you really let him work in your shop? lol. I would start a shop but that doesn't quite fit Ne'Os's way over inflated ego.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:10 am

but wait...neo's was the one who ousted grindy. i can see the Ministry taking that into account.

I honestly can't see Ne'Os working in a shop. I see him perhaps being the owner of a magical artifacts shop in knockturn. It would be possible, i would think for him to own it and to hire clerks. And, depending on the artifacts in it, it might peak his interests on being there more or less, depending on what comes into the shop or what he might be interested in making. I think, i we don't make objects with limitless power for just anybody to buy, and basically use the same qualifications that we use in the magical artifacts claims section that we have now, it might work. But this is just off the top of my head. I need to give this more thought.

What do you think?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:16 am

I'm just not sure if i have the time to worry about a shop, but i will definitely give it some thought it does sound interesting Very Happy
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:50 am

Whoa whoa whoa.

When I said restart I meant level things, not delete all vaults and start fresh.

When I suggested some might prefer to have their charries on the same day I meant that people could ask to have their vault numbers changed, not just set them up flat from here on in. Basically unless you ask to have them changed, your vaults would stay the same as they are now.

Salaries are listed in the job sheets, next to the job. E.g. Teacher may have 20 galleons written next to it. That is, in effect, your salary. I don't know how much I can stress that when you update your vault, it is your responsibility to say this: "I have earnt 20 Galleons this week from teaching" so that the admins can add the correct amount to your vault. It was never a matter of "The admins look up which job you have and its respective pay rate" that just creates far too much work on our plate, for something you should already know.

I just figure that if we start on a blank slate again, or a nearly blank slate, we can get the ball rolling again.

ALSO

If you don't have a vault, PM me now and I'll sort it out for you in a jiffy. Hit, if you could let me know anyone you know that's not got one that would be great. When I create the vault, and this should be a part of the character creation process, I'll PM you the link to it for you to put in your sig.

Jess.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Howl Blishwick Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:50 am

*Is a little confused, being new* Err... where are the job sheets exactly? (I don't remember seeing a job sheet, but maybe I forgot where it was.*

Also... uh, what about students?
Howl Blishwick
Howl Blishwick

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:26 am

Some students can have jobs, probably fifth year and over. But younger students get money for attending classes, I believe.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Howl Blishwick Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:29 am

How much? Is there a sheet for that? And also, does it matter if the student has a wealthy family background or not? (I kind of think that should matter)
Howl Blishwick
Howl Blishwick

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:33 am

I'm not sure how much. And I don't think there is a sheet for that. I'm not sure though...
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top