Pottermore Sorting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Pottermore Sorting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Pottermore Sorting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pottermore Sorting Empty Pottermore Sorting

Post by Howl Blishwick Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:53 am

I just found out that there's going to be a sort of roleplaying site with a bunch of different additional information not included in the books written by J.K. Rowling herself... it looks like it will be very interesting (and this is probably old news to a lot of people, but I haven't been keeping up on Potter fan stuff much until recently; I mean, I read the books a long time ago, and I've just been feeling nostalgic, I guess)... Anyway, there's apparently going to be some very interesting quizzes that'll give you a wand (out of 33,000 possible combinations or so it is said) and sort you into your house... The questions actually look pretty tricky (and I've seen some people that have access to the Beta version of the site complaining about being sorted into what they feel is the wrong house or people feeling anxious about what house they'll get sorted in when the site opens up supposedly sometime in April)...

I'm actually not anxious about it, but it does sound very interesting because I've always been curious about what house I'd get sorted in... My first instinct is Ravenclaw (it's also one of my favorite houses because of Luna Lovegood), but when I really think about it any of the other houses could apply to me as well... and well, I wouldn't be disappointed regardless of what House I ended up sorted in. I think from order of likeliest to least likeliest... Ravenclaw, a tie between Hufflepuff and Slytherin, and Gryffindor.

Ravenclaw... Because I've always highly valued my intelligence. My intelligence is really the only thing that I'm absolutely sure about when it comes to myself. I've always loved learning, I'm a "gifted" student, an avid reader... I have a bit of arrogance when it comes to it, really. And I enjoy challenges and puzzles. Reasons why I don't think I'd end up in Ravenclaw? I'm not sure really... I know that I'm not very good at riddles, no matter how much I'd like to be. And sometimes, I don't always do what's wisest but what's honest.

Hufflepuff... Like I said, it's a tie with Slytherin for the second likeliest house. A lot of people seem to be worried about being sorted into Hufflepuff because it seems like the House where all the "leftovers" or "average" people go, but I don't think that's true since there were some famous Hufflepuffs in the Harry Potter universe... and it also kind of seems like the Sorting Hat doesn't do quite as good of a job describing the Hufflepuff House as it could. To me, Hufflepuffs seem to generally value hard work, determination, honesty, fairness, and friendliness. I think the honesty, fairness, and friendliness part are why so few Hufflepuffs end up becoming Dark Wizards... they can't wrap their heads around being unfair. I think those traits are very admirable, and it's very difficult for those traits to be cultivated, I think. Anyway... the honesty and hard work (despite being prone to bouts of laziness) definitely applies to me.

Slytherin... I'm not a mean person (I am prone to being isolated because I'm an intoverted person, but I know how to be an extravert if I need to be)... but I am very ambitious. I have a lot of big hopes and dreams, and I'm willing to do just about anything to attain them. I'm also kind of a coward.... and arrogant.

Gryffindor... I think this is the least likeliest house for me because I am NOT a brave/bold person. I can be very honest, but I'm not sure if that's a Gryffindor trait exactly. I'm also not very adventurous. I'm a very cautious person (could be a Ravenclaw or Slytherin trait). The only reasons I can think of for being put in this house would be like... maybe I have the potential for it or something.

So, what do you guys think? What House(s) do you want to be sorted in? What would you like to be sorted in?
Howl Blishwick
Howl Blishwick

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Pottermore Sorting Empty Re: Pottermore Sorting

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:29 am

It sounds like a good idea but the problem would be that if you got to chose your own houses we possibly would have an influx of Griffins and no Hufflepuffs. So doing it the way we are, with the admins deciding evens out the house numbers so no body had a character in the same house unless the Admins (whose word is law, in a good way Smile ) have decided.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Are you talking about Pottermore? I'm a member of Pottermore, and its not an rp site. But, in all honesty, they did get my sorting right. Is she doing a scondary site to Pottermore? I hadn't heard about that one.

I'm a Gryffy!! WOOOO! Go Gryffys!!
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Howl Blishwick Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:28 am

Well... That was poor reading on my part. I mean... well, it's kind of like role-playing in a way because it IS interactive... but it's not because... you know... not really much of an opportunity for it really... but yes, I'm talking about Pottermore exactly. I'm not a member yet... gotta wait for it to open in April... but I'm eager to see what House I'd end up in. Smile

Congratulations on Gryffindor, by the way! Smile
Howl Blishwick
Howl Blishwick

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabella Waverly Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:39 am

Hey I'm a member there as well, I got Slytherin of course Very Happy
Annabella Waverly
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Hufflepuff all the way!! Best house there is thank you very much!
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top