Marriage is Murder - Page 92
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 92 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 92 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 92 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:18 pm

"I want an orchard of both fruit and nut trees," she said. "All kinds. A greenhouse would be great. But I also want a large garden. I would like us to grow our own grains and vegetables and herbs as much as we can. But I also want us to grow some beautiful flowers and shrubs and flowering trees. I really want us to be as self sustaining as we can be."

"Well, in that case," Brian said, "Perhaps I should think more seriously about buying the farms on all four sides of us. We could significantly add to our acreage and use the additional land for crops and orchards. Its a good idea. We house and feed a lot of people here. Perhaps being self sustaining would decrease our costs. But--if we do that, I'd like to at least double the barn and look at raising livestock. Cattle, chickens, sheep, goats, pigs, and such. Having our own cheese and milk and meat would be good.

"And," Kate said, "If you include things a bit more unusual like alpacas and such, you can harvest your own fine quality wools. You could invest in some of the cotton crops in the US and buy raw cotton. That would dramatically add value to Fi's cloting line if she were making her own fabrics as well. And raw silk from the orient is cheap."

"We could enlarge and stock that pond," Robert said. "With sustainable fish for some wonderful seafood. And we can easily create enough magical energy to sustain heat and lights and water. It would take some work, but...as you talk, what I'm thinking is that if it is completely self sustaining, then if we have any security issues, then we could live here behind protection spells indefinitely. We would not have to leave. Kate, you would need another art studio with a glassworks, a fabric loom, and those sorts of things. We'd have to enlarge the house."

"I have to do that anyway," Brian laughed. "I have 5 children who are all going to want their own rooms at some point."

"If this works well, it could be the model for some incredible things in Colorado that would cut the costs of our organization and that would let us do more to help more children more effectively," Robert said. "You know, I know you started with plans for some trees and some plants, but this could be infinitely more. And it could be truly wonderful."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Jess and cassidy both smiled " A self contained food source that can't be tampered with , sounds good " they both said Steven nodded and chuckled.

"I do that with my farm already" he said smiling " its where all the fruit and veg come from for us" he said smiling " though they probably won't taste as good as yours will Robert" he said and glanced at Angus " you got a really good chef who by the way should give my cook some tips when he has a free moment" Steven glanced at Cassidy who smiled and nodded " yeah we should do that two James will want his own room also so with the girls" he added
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:44 pm

"Well, perhaps, then, I need to make a trip to our neighbors. Angus, do you have abou 4 dozen cookies? It does help to go bearing gifts," Brian said.

"Perhaps I should go with you," Robert smiled.

"I'd appreciate that," Brian said.

"I think I can do better than cookies," Angus smiled. BUt I'll have to bake again for our dessert tonight." He disappeared into the kitchen. He returned later with 4 large boxes. One held a dozen of Angus's extra large and flavorful cinnamon rolls that he had just served for breakfast. A second held a dozen of his fresh baked chocolate stuffed croissants from breakfast. A third held a chcolate mousse pie. And the fourth held a dozen of his large and expertly handpainted spring sugar cookies.

"Beautiful," Robert smiled. "Well done. Brian, lets make ourselves presentable and then go. You do still have a muggle car, right?"

"I do but I rarely use it," Brian said. "Not here."

"Well, we're going to use it today." They changed and loaded the boxes into the car and left to go see the neighbors about buying the neighboring farms.

"You know," she said thoughtfully, "he never hesitated. Not for a second. No matter how large it sounded."

"That is because he is a shrewd businessman" Michael said. "He knows a good deal when he hears it. But you're still writing. What else are you designing?"

"The playspace for the kids," she smiled.

"If I know you, it will be phenominal," he laughed.

"I just know what Brian and I enjoyed so very much. We have all this space. There is no reason why they shouldn't enjoy it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Jack, Jess , Steven and cassidy looked up and smiled " play area would be good you can keep editing as they grow older " Steven said " hum that's something I don't have might add that " he said and sat down with cassidy one arm around her shoulders as she lay against her as they waited for Robert to return after his negotiations. Jack went down stairs and into the gym to work out a bit more while Jess made a fresh pot of coffee and tea. returning she placed a cup down next to Khaat.

" it will all be done in time Khaat stop worrying over it " she said and smiled at her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 pm

"I'm not worrying," she smiled. I am thinking, though, that I might build it right off of the large glass doors in the gym downstairs. That way I can look down into it from my bedroom. I'm thinking I want to do a Secret Garden, with beautiful stone walls and a large handcarved door that has one very large keyhole for an oversized key. And inside we might have trees, flowers, pathways, swings, slides cared out of a real tree, benches, a child sized model of a ship for playing pirates, a camp for camping out or for pretending to be cowboys, a treehouse, and a truly superb playhouse. After all, all of you spend most of yoru time here anyway. It would serve as a play yard for all our kids. "

"They'll never want to come inside, then," Kate laughed.

"Thats okay," she smiled. "How many nights did Brian and I spend outside with Remus?"

"We lost count," Kate smiled. "Those were wonderful days."

"Some of the best of our lives," she nodded. "I want our kids to have some of that. I want them to have a space that they feel is theirs, where they feel that grownups do not go but where we can keep an eye on them to be sure they're safe."

"It sounds magnificent. When do you want this done?"

"I'd like it done by Abbey's birthday in the first of May."

"Oh dear," Kate said. "Thats a very tall order in a very short time space"

"But good weather will be here by then. I want the kids to be able to go out and learn to enjoy their childhood while they can. Eleven will come fast enough. But until then, I want them to have so many good memories that they will never ever doubt if we loved them."

"Then I think we should hire some of your fathers friends to help get it done in time," Kate said. "Because I think we're all going to be busy planting trees and gardens and flowerbeds and windowboxes and doing the landsaping for the rest of the property. One thing about it, it sounds like it will be all be magnificent when its done. It might take all summer, but it will be lovely."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Steven chuckled " ow I can bring some of my guys from the ranch to help also" he said smiling " I know they would do it for you Kate " he said smiling as Cassidy nodded her head.

" yeah but we still need some men of the ranch " she said and he chuckled again with her and nodded. Jess smiled and at back down.

" yeah we'll help it might be possible if we all pull together , jack and heavy lift , Stevens men can sculpt and bring things from other places. " she suggested picking up her soda and finishing it placing the empty can into the waste paper basket beside her seat.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:15 pm

"Its going to take at least 2 crews," Kate said. "One for the kids' secret garden and another for all the other things. Once the kids stuff is completed, that crew can join the other one. Do you need to ask Brian before you do this, Khaat?"

"No," she said. "He's already on board with it. He's gone to buy more land already, so I have no doubt that building a safe outdoor place for the kids to play will be no issue."

"You know, your father does know a magnificent wizard who specializes in archetecture. He lives in Paris. You might see if your father can get him to come and take charge of all this. After all, most of you are working at least 2 jobs as it is. Or three. Some of you won't have time for this."

"Is that Rene?" Khaat asked.

"Yes," Kate smiled. "Rene Broussard. He's excellent. And I happen to know he's between projects right now."

"I havent seen Rene since Daddy built his library," she said.

"Well," Kate said, looking at Jim. "Do you remember where Rene lives, Jim? He still has that little house in the old section of Paris. In that exceptionally narrow street? Remember, you and Robert couldn't ride your bikes side by side because it was so narrow. He bought the house on the other side of the street because once you go through the large wooden door, it opens into a spectacular courtyard and then goes to an old villa that doesn't look like much on the outside but is amazingly beautiful inside. Very old Paris decor. Priceless antiques..."

"Maybe I should go," Michael grinned.

"If you can avoid helping yourself to Rene's artwork," Kate laughed.

"Does he still have that Leonardo Di Vinci look going for him?" Michael said.

"He does. The long brocade wizard robes, the beard and the hat? Yep. He says he likes that part of wizard tradition. I didn't think of Di Vinci. I always thought he dressed more like Dumbledore."

"You do realize there are a great many wooden doors in those large Paris buildings. How do we know which one?"

"Because its the one in the worst shape," Kate laughed. "It wards off the muggles. It looks from the outside like it is abandoned, but inside, its probably one of the prettiest places in Paris. Might I get you to go see Rene, Jim, and see if we can hire him for this project? Tell him we'll certainly have a room for him. He can either stay here in the main house or if he chooses, he can use the guest house that belongs to Robert and I since we haven't used it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Jim walked in and smiled at the4 memories nodding " I remember because he always made me ride behind him , of course I will go" he said smiling" be good to see him again, I always thought there was something magical about him" he said smiling " I don't mine come with " he said to Michael " but leave the paintings where they belong" he said and picked up his jacket " you want I should go now of later ether is fine with me " he stood with his jacket over his shoulder.

" sounds a positively divine place to be " Jess said and smiled thinking she should do something with her own garden back at their house.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:57 pm

"The sooner the better, I think," Khaat said.

Kate heard Jess's words and her thoughts. "I think it should be wonderful. But you do realize that part of why Khaat and Brian are doing this is because you're all here 100% of the time now--right? Your ambition is admirable, Jess. But none of you, except Jack, has spent any time at your own houses for months and months even when we gave you the time. As I recall, none of you knew what to do with yourselves when we gave you time to have some sort of family life for yourselves. Part of the thought behind enlarging the property, growing massive crops and large orchards, a stocked pond, and this huge play yard is because there are a lot more people living here now. Don't misread me and think I'm saying something hugely negative about your being here. But if you never take any time to spend at your own homes, perhaps you all ought ot rent them out and at least get the income from that rather than to let them sit empty for months on end. If you're going to spend your time here, then perhaps what you should do is put your time into taking the houses that Brian has given you all free use of and making them feel like your own and perhaps planting some flowerbeds there. And conribute your energies into the fields and orchards and playspaces here for all the kids to use. You do what you like, but if you're not going to spend any time there, it seems that your time could be better spent. Unless you really do plan on using them at some point."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Jess looked at Jack who nodded as did cassidy to Steven " its agreed Kate , could Robert sort out the paper work for renting out the houses " she asked then Steven walked over and spoke " my ranch has been in the family along time and holds some memories good and bad but I agree, I'll inform the men they will still be paid by me that way we have a place to retire to" he said smiling at Cassidy who blushed a little but smiled also.

" guess its settled, you coming Michael? because I'm out. " said Jim and aperated to Paris into a narrow alley he saw lots of doors but smiled seeing the most run down door ever " that's it " he said and walked down to stand facing it he knocked then pushed it open " HELLO?" he called out.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 92 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top