Marriage is Murder - Page 83
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 83 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 83 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:29 am

Angus had saved the antlers, but not for himself. When they got back to camp, Lee was clearly pleased. "Oh, well done," he smiled. "Very nice indeed. He was a huge buck, by the looks of it."

"It was Jim's score," Angus said.

"Well, then. Jim, you have earned your teammates each a towel and a cake of soap and directions to the hotsprings. Along with a fresh change of clothes. Yes, I do have fresh clothes for each of you. I am a wizard after all, and I do hae connections to your closets. Or rather your boss does. I'll give them to you after dinner. Well done.

"I just want to soak in the hotsprings. For a couple of days," Kate said. Lee laughed.

"Personally, I want dinner," Lee said.

"I'll handle that," Angus said. He looked over the ingredients and used a lean tender cut of venison that he cut up into cubes, the potatoes, some of the drinking water and the container of salt and spices. He used the large cooking pot and soon had a divine smelling venison stew cooking in the pot. "It won't be long," he assured them. "The meat is fresh and tender." He looked over at Lee who had taken the cuts of meat, shrunken it with his wand and sealed it in plastic. He didn't want the smell of it getting to the animals in the woods. He tucked the plastic containers into the snow and marked it to be able to find it in the morning.

Kate decided to take a short walk away from camp. Lee watched her get up.

"Don't go far, Kate," he said. "Its going to be dark very soon. And without your wand, we won't find you."

"I know," she said. "I am still a witch, powers or not." Angus smiled, admiring her guts. he did keep an eye on which direction she went. It wasnt' more than about ten minutes before Lee heard very clearly the sound of a bear. An angry bear. In Kate's direction. "Weapons!" he ordered. He apparated out, wand drawn.

When he got there, Kate was bashing the daylights out of an enormous grizzly with a rock. Repeatedly. The bear wasnt' moving. He went over to her. "Kate," he said. "Kate. I think you got him." He checked. The animal was clearly very, very dead. "Really?" he frowned. "With a rock? You had to get close enough to smell his breath to do that."

"No, he made the mistake of getting close enough to smell mine," she said, breathless and defiant.

"You definitely are Robert's wife," he laughed. "I've never heard of anyone getting that close to a bear and actually take him out with a rock."

"Well, there is a first time for everything."

"Did you manage to do what you came out here for?"

"Barely," she scowled.

"Come on," he said. "I don't want you out here alone." He led her back to camp. "We're clear," he told them. "Lower your weapons. But I need two of you to go process that bear Kate just fended off for us. Bear meat is very edible if cooked correctly. And leave no trace for more wildlife to come and get us."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Jim heard the bear and raised his bow ready to fire. Jack moved to there he heard the bear his hands ready to attack but he relaxed as he saw Kate had it in hand cassidy and Jess staid buy the fire boiling some snow for water in case some one was hurt they were both relived and some what surprised when Kate returned with the bear in tow.

" wow nice kill Kate " said Jess smiling at Kate as she moved to help her with it. " cassidy and I will do our best to clean and skin it " she said taking Cassidys hand and taking her to the bear. Soon the skin lay spread out over a branch and the mean was in a pile next to the corpse of he bear.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 pm

"I really wasnt planning on killing anything," Kate said, as Angus poured her fresh coffee and handed a cup to her.

"You sure you're alright?" he asked her.

"I think so," she sighed. "He surprised the daylights out of me, though."

"You're lucky to have lived to remember being surprised," Lee said. "Well, we don't need to fish now unless we particularly want fish. Looks like we have plenty. Angus, you ever cooked bear before?"

"Only once, but it worked out alright," he said. He went over and stirred the stew. "It looks like it's ready." He dished it up and began handing out bowls of it to everyone. "You might want water with your dinner. Most of you haven't had much water today, and even though drinking something cold isn't top on your lists out here, we do need to stay hydrated."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Jess lifted a pan from the snow next to her. " its boiled and waiting" she said poring it into cups and handed them out to every one , Jess her self felt the need for some water and so drank it down. Cassidy looked at it and then slowly drank feeling happy as she then ate the stew.

"This is good Angus" she said enjoying the food and cool water. Jack ate his with Steven both liking the taste of the stew. Jess finished hers and picked some grass that sat next to her wiping down the bowl she threw the grass into the fire.

" we might be out in th4e wilderness but there's no need for us to not be barbaric" she said smiling
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:51 pm

"Thank you. It was nice having the potatoes and the spices to put in with the venison." He noticed Jess cleaning out the bowl. "Agreed," Angus said. "I'll clean up the stew pot." He reached for Kate's bowl and cleaned up his, hers, and cleaned up the stewpot. There hadn't been enough left worth saving. He pitched it a long istance from the camp.

Kate said," I hate to be a party pooper, but I idn't plan on killing something twice as big as me. I think I'll go to bed early. Goodnight all." She got up and handed the others back their sleeping bags and went into the shelter to her own sleeping bag.

"Sleep well, Kate," Lee said.

"I am not used to going to bed quite this early," Angus laughed.

"Rest up while you can," Lee said. "Tomorrow will be busy."

"That sounds ominous," Angus frowned.

"It should be easy for you all," he replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Jess nodded and so did cassidy " night Kate " she said and moved with her " I think I'll go two, best way to keep warm that way" said cassidy looking at them both Jess looked at lee and Angus knowing she was first watch Steven and jack did the same feeling their added warmth would help keep Kate warm threw the night.

"We'll get our heads down too for our shift" he said jack nodded and picked up his own sleeping bag and unzipped it liking it with Jess's own be fore he slipped in rolling close to Kate jack slipped into his own and did the same as he stayed by the doorway blocking some of the cold air off of Kate.

Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Kate was glad morning had come. She was finding herself a bit more restless. She was finding she had some sore spots from battling the bear and she hadn't found many places laying on the ground that were comfortable for all her sore spots.

Lee clearly felt sorry for them all this morning. It was decidely even colder and there were several more inches of snow that had fallen during the night. He waited until they all got up. Angus had not been able to sleep because he had taken the brunt of Kate's restlessness and he had gotten up and had taken over breakfast. Lee decided to let them have coffee this morning to stay warm. And he had given Angus a loaf of bread. Angus had made toast and had managed to flavor it with a bit of the spices so it didn't feel so dry. And it certainly wasn't flavorless.

Lee did notice the shift in Kate's moods. "Not easy beating a grizzly to death, is it?" he smiled.

"No," she replied quietly, sipping on her coffee.

"Here," he said. "Don't ruin my reputation by telling on me, will you? I'm supposed to be ruthless, you know." He poured a dose of pain potion into her coffee.

"Thank you," she said, truly appreciating his mercy.

"Just so you know," he said. "I dont' think one bit less of you for needing it. Nor will I lower your score. Any of the rest of us would have been feeling miserable this morning too. We'll wait til the others get up. We hae a change of plans this morning."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Jess stood up and stretched she had a kink in her back but it was cassidy who sneezed that made her laugh " got to use to the home comforts cassidy" she said smiling as cassidy nodded and sneezed again and sat down taking out a tissue from her pocket and blowing it as she then drank her hot coffee. Jack checked the area around the grounds returning happy nothing was out there.

" nothing out there the only prints were that of cassidy " he said and she rolled her eyes.

" hay en nature calls you answer " she said and sneezed once again " dam cold weather" she moved closer to the fire to warm herself.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 am

"Breakfast is ready," Angus told them. He fixed plates and handed them out to everyone.

"Toast," Kate smiled. "I forgot how much I liked it."

"Thank you, Angus," Lee smiled. "Its all very good. We truly have not suffered from having a chef with us. However, we have a shift in plans. We're expecting a severe winter storm to set in this afternoon. This is merely a training exercise. Not a real survival test. I see no point in us trying to weather out what could be near blizzard conditions. So--after breakfast, pack your gear. We'll be heading back. I want us back in the house before lunchtime. I know your usual amenities and having your magic back will not disappoint you."

"Not in the least," Angus laughed. "You do realize that you could give us our powers now and we could cast a pack spell and apparate back, right?"

"And what would be the fun of that?" Lee asked. "Here I thought you'd all be up for a hike."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:15 am

Cassidy was glad to hear they were going back taking some toast she ate it thinking it was the best breakfast she'd had in ages, Jess just chuckled seeing cassidys enthusiasm pick up, Steven moved and packed up all the hiking gear for every one as Jack took down the shelter throwing the branches on the fire soon there was no sign they were ever there. Steven made one last sweep of the area.

" still clear and a hike sounds good " he said smiling cassidy looked at him but smiled.

" yeah should be good build up an appetite for dinner " she said " and build up some muscles on the way too" Jess nodded and jack agreed.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top