Marriage is Murder - Page 32
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 32 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 32 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 66 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 32 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:21 am

"Well, thats a long list," Robert said. "But, James Roland loses every ounce of credibility. He wanted to be minister and that isn't going to happen now. He's backed the wrong horse with much too much enthusiasm and its going to cost him everything. He's willing to die for his cause rather than to be embarressed enough to admit that he was wrong. Forbes is just a mercenary and an assassin for hire. If Grindlwald loses, she'll just move on to the next wizard who hires her. As for his other followers, my guess is that they will either go back to the Death Eaters or go solo for awhile. One or the other. One thing is for sure--the Order won't have them.

"Most of my enemies right now are either enemies because of the organization or just because they're crazy enough to believe Fenrir Greyback's nonsense. He's been marketting his doctrine about werewolves being the next dominant race since before Remus was turned, and Greyback is just crazy enough that he believes his own salespitch.

"Either way, they see photos of Khaat in the newpapers all the time, and they see how strikingly beautiful she is--no thanks to my gene pool--and they decide that she is just altogether too tempting to leave alone. They become a bit melodramatic and decide that they can gain all sorts of atttention of they kidnap her or if they kill her or her children. And that is where 99% of the trouble and the danger comes from. Flat out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:28 am

Jim smiled and nodded when Robert spoke of Fenrir he nodded again " so the root of the trouble rears its ugly head , and you keep a wear on your staff even with all the uprising and trouble they caused you " he said and paused " forgive me, I brought my personal feelings into this, " he said as he noticed every one leave the cafe. " seems were the last Robert " he smiled "we should make a move " he said and finished his tea " I won't ask where your staying I already know where your staying " he stood up and waited " I have a room in an in close by its not much nor is it none to clean" he added and chuckled as thy walked back out into the street.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:50 am

"Cummings," Robert frowned. "I know you can afford better than that. Why would you not at least go to the Leaky? Its a respectable pub and their rooms are clean, and the owner doesn't put up with nonsense upstairs. Hell, I thought you knew that. This isn't your first trip to London, after all. You do know better. And don't tell me it was for the good of your case. Thats nonsense."

A server who was finishing for the night came over and handed Robert an envelope. "Mrs. Quinn's checks, Sir," the server said. "Lizzie said they've been accumulating here. She thought you might want to deposit them."

"Indeed I do," Robert said, putting the envelope in his pocket. "Thank you." He stood up and put the galleons for the tea they'd had on the table. "Let's go, Jim." He walked outside into the deserted street. At this time of night, Diagon Alley was pretty much rolled up for the night. There was almost no one here now, and certainly not much of anyone of much repute.

He heard some sort of a shout in the distance, but it happened too quickly for him to catch the words. The next thing he knew he heard a roaring sound and the windows of Khaat's bistro and all the shops around him blew out, sending glass in every possible direction. Time seemed to stand still in Robert's mind and then he saw nothing but a wall of flame moving towards him and Jim. He realized it was all happening in the fraction of a second, but for some reason, it had blindsided hiim, taken him totally by surprise. And then his mind began to flash to Khaat, Brian, his grandchildren, Remus--and his own beloved Kate. And the fact that he didnt expect to see any of them again after the next fraction of a second went past.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:36 pm

He smiled at Robert " you should know, best way to hear gossip is to go where they are, but yes I could have gone to the leaky " he said and smiled as Lizzie gave Robert and envelope he smiled taking another small pastry as he let Robert and Liz talk. Soon he stood up at Roberts suggestion they should go " of course "he said and they walked out of the shop as the serving girl locked up behind them.

As they walked Jim heard the faint swish of a wand, then as Robert turned he saw the blast, his wand as if on its own moved to his hand and he spoke calmly and precise. " Protego" he said and threw up a shield grabbing Robert he pulled him under it as the heat of the flames flowed over them both. A piece of glass hit his back but he didn't flinch as the shield stopped the rest , protecting them from the heat. once it had passed he took down his shield casting Aguamenti to dowse the flames around them. " That was close, too close my friend" he said looking at him as he saw other wizards do the same.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:57 pm

"That was no accident," Robert said, a bit breathless. He tried to regain himself and looked around but saw nothing but people now scattering. Either to run from the attack or to come see if their shops were intact. The pieces fell into place in his mind quickly. "They lured Khaat out on purpose to get me out. And I think I know where to look." It began to register with Robert that he had some pieces of glass imbedded in places. It was beginning to register with him that he was wounded.

He heard something off to his left that triggered his reflexes and he spun to his left. A second blast came almost simultaneously as he raised his contego shield. He felt pieces of brick strike him as the shield finally kicked in. The shield had actually gone up only a mere instant after the blast, but it had felt like lag time to him. "Not a second time," Robert shouted.

"Lupin, you die!" the threat finally came.

"Not tonight," Robert shouted back. He didn't take his eyes off where the shout had come from, but he spoke quietly now to Jim. "Perhaps it would be best if we got the hell out of here." He began to feel very dizzy, and things began to feel like they were spinning. He clutched onto Jim's coat lapel and apparated them out.

He had taken them right to Brian's living room. That was the last he knew before he fell on the floor, everything going black.

"Daddy!" Khaat leaped up froom her place on the sofa and flew to her father. "Brian! Now!" She shouted for Brian. She knelt beside him. It didn't take her long to find that he was bleeding badly from a couple of wounds. They were seriously deep. One was in his chest and one was in his back. Brian managed to make a dive and kneel on the floor beside Robert on the other side.

"Its not so bad," he said to her. "Looks like its more blood loss than anything else. And shock from some sort of a blast. He'll be alright." He and Khaat began to work at stopping the bleeding. "He'll be back on his feet by morning," Brian said. "It looks a lot worse than it actually is."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Jim could not react quick enough as Robert raised his shield he fired at the shadow he saw in a doorway causing it a glancing blow before Robert apparated them out of the alley and into a living room he felt Robert fall holding him he lay him down as he saw Khaat dive over to them ."I'm afraid your cafe is a smoldering mess, they tried to get to him" he said as he looked around he saw several men and two women . He wondered where Kate was he thought she would have come. He looked down at Brian and Khaat tending to Robert. " well nice place Brian" he said and looked at the two men with the two women. It was now he felt the sting from his own wound but just ignored it "Hows he doing ?" he asked as a tall man moved to pick Robert up.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:19 pm

"He's unconscious from the lack of blood. He'll regain himself in a couple hours when the spell finishes its work. Take him upstairs, Jack," Brian ordered. "I'll go, Khaat. Its nothing we haven't done before. For him, this is nothing. It's minor. You might tell your mother. Just do try not to rattle Angus's chain too badly when you do. Make yourself at home, Cummings. It will take us a moment to regroup. And then you can brief me." He followed Jack upstairs.

Khaat went up and found her mother simply making a quick dressing change for Angus. "Daddy's back," she said softly. "He has a couple of scrapes. Brian is seeing to it."

"It will be alright then?" Kate asked.

"Yes," Kate said. "And we have a guest. James Cummings?"

"Cummings?" Kate echoed, looking up. "I haven't seen him in perhaps twenty years. That is an interesting turn. I'll stop by and see your father and then go down. Try not to worry, Dear. When it comes to your father it will do you no good."

A few minutes later, after Kate had looked in on Robert, she came downstairs. When she saw Jim, she smiled. "Well, well," she smiled. "I guess neither of us is 30 anymore. Good to see you, Jim. You look good. Time has been kind to you. What brings you back around again?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Jim nodded to Brian as the large man took Robert up stairs he had just slipped off his jacket. As he laid it over the back of a chair he smiled seeing Kate walking down towards him. "Good to see you Kate , looking a beautiful as ever " he said and moved to hug her carefully " ah physically Robert,before that coincidence I followed a man and he lead me to Khaat after she had been attacked" he said with a sigh " wish it had been under better circumstances though Kate, if I had known he was in this much trouble I'd have come sooner" he moved to watch a cat run across the floor " and whose this?" he asked smiling.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:53 pm

"Well, it seems I should be glad you were there," she said. "We didn't know she was gone. But she's always been headstrong. And I'm not sure which one of her parents is more responsible for that--her father or me. It seems like a draw for me.

"Robert was just trying to wake when I was there. He suggests you stay. He will be sending Khaat on an errand in the morning--before daylight. And he wil not want her go to alone. It will be perhaps exceptionally dangerous and our family has become a band of walking wounded in the last couple of days. I'm sure you will find one of these men whos clothing is close enough to your size to fit you--if perhaps you forgot to bring a change, which I cannot imagine. It seems as robert has some ideas about what his next move needs to be, but then I know that would not surprise you.

" I'll have Jess see to that wound. Doesnt look like much but we should take care of it, if for no other lame reason than to keep you from making a mess," she laughed. "Cassidy," Kate said, "Jim will be staying for a few days. Please get a room ready for him." When Max came in, Kate smiled. "Ah, this is Max. I'm sure his pal, Mo, isn't far away. Max is a great babysitter. I hoping he will be alright with the footstools when Michael brings them."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Jim chuckled and took out a set of shrunken clothes " you know me all too well, never go any were with out a clean pair " he said and smiled kneeling down to stroke Max. "hi Max "he stood up and looked at a brown haired woman as Kate spoke to her watching her smile and nod at him before leaving for the kitchen. He looked at another dark haired woman who walked over and looked at his back soon he felt as if he had never been injured and turned to face her " a healer?" he asked and saw her smile and nod.

" Jess Dark heart" she said and Jim smiled at her putting her with the large man who had left with Robert.

" And the large man is jack black heart your husband, leaving the woman in the kitchen as cassidy Walker wife of Steven walker, I like to know whose with who " he said and turned back to Kate " I know this will be a redundant question, but any where I can wash and change, ow Margaret and the kids send their love, she told me ...no ordered me to tell you if I saw you both again" he said and chuckled.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 66 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top