Marriage is Murder - Page 31
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 31 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 31 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 31 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:40 pm

"Well, if you don't mind filling in wherever you're needed. I can't promise you any regularity, but then again, I don' know that I ever did. My first string squad for my family is where my biggest hole is. I have to rebuild my farm, and I can 't do that and run St. Mungos and go to war against Grindlewald, Brian can't bodyguard his wife and kids and work as an auror and run the restaurant they own. Khaat can't possibly raise five kids in diapers all that the same time, run a restaurant, direct this hospital, and retake her seat as the Chief Warlock. And my first stringers have much the same story. Multiple hats. Sometimes it just isn't possible for us to be everywhere at one time.

"You might find yourself on the farm doing something for the rebuilding one day, sitting in Khaat's office bored to pieces by watching her do paperwork the next and then changing diapers and wiping up spit up the next. Its just impossible to tell. And--don't let your bag get cold. We all have a bag packed at all hours. Even for the babies. You sure your family can stand that sort of irregularity for you? It isn't easy.

"Oh, and you might be housebreaking some furniture very soon. Hope you're not offended by taking being seen taking a pair of footstools for a walk."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Jim laughed and smiled shaking his head at Roberts last statement " Hay, I baby sat two Hippogriff remember, I'm sure housebreaking some furniture is no different or any odd Robert, besides Margaret and the kids are in a safe place and she understands." he said as they walked " so tell me about your first stringers, any good?" he asked as they walked down to the alley " I hear there is a great little cafe called sparks down here" he chuckled " her reputation proceeds her " he stuck his hand in his pocket as they walked and he listened to Robert he glanced around the alley and smiled it was nice to be back in England again. His eyes scanned ahead and the shops seeing people just going about there business, shopping and bartering.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:18 pm

"Well, you know Angus Donohue. Edward is coming a bit out of retirement in order to help us right now. James Blood is an alias. His younger brother is one of my first stringers. He was turned by Fenrir as a kid. He's learning how to stay consistent on his wolfsbane potion and learning how to follow Brian's directions. Brian is my real chief of security as well as the organizations chief operating officer. He specializes in not only auror training but physical training. Jack is a good fighter--always has been, but he has had a bit of a time with his temper and at times with wanting to be headstrong and wanting to follow his gut rather than following some of my unconventional orders. He is young, though. he has time to learn. He loves Khaat and the kids, though and I don't have a problem betting on him to come through for her.

"Steven is an American. Educated in Hogwarts, though. Returned to the states and worked as a Texas Ranger until his first wife was killed. Understands law enforcement. Good fighter, Usually has impetuous judgements about love, though. He does have issues with that. He's a newlywed--again. For the fourth time, I think. Third or fourth. He just throws himself into that pond headlong and gets himself in trouble.

"And then I have their wives. Jess and Cassidy. They're learning to be fighters, and they know how to hold their ground in the safehouses so that I can send the men out to frontline duty.

"And then, of course, I have backup with Kate. She is a force to be reckoned with all by herself. And Michael. Michael always shows up when we need him. Thaor. Thaor would gladly die for my family. I trust him with my life no matter what it looks like. There are some other wild cards that I know, without a doubt, I have their loyalty. And since no one suspects them, they can work as Death Eaters or neutrals and no one is the wiser--except me," he grinned. "You'll meet them in due time. And--just so you know, I do have a couple of kids--min ors--who are actually in my employ as informants inside the school. So--its all a great deal bigger than it looks. Thats been the beauty of all this. No one knows how far I've reached.

"Oh, and one more thing, Lee and Daniella have been providing the second and third striingers for me so that we always have backup. So there will always be Americans and Italians floating in and out. Now, are you confused yet?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Jim rubbed his head as Robert spoke and chuckled as he heard just how many worked for Robert " so, a werewolf in your stringers, he'll straighten out in time as for the American they have always been an impetuous bunch but loyal " he added at Roberts final words he smiled and shook his head " sounds like you got this whole thing covered " he said and pushed open the door to the cafe " still drink that flavored tea?" he asked moving to the counter and ordered two pots of tea " good to hear Michael is around still, thought he would have retired along time go, or did he" he said and chuckled moving to a table with the tray of tea.

Poring it out he looked around, the alley was just the same as he remembered all those years ago " this place never changes just the faces change" he said placing Roberts cup down in front of him .
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:55 pm

"Well, the nice thing about Jack is that if he lets his 'abilities' get out of hand, Khaat's necklace whips him right back into shape. Real fast. It doesn't like werewolf horseplay of any kind. Remus was very serious when he had Flamel design that. Jack has learned not to mess with it. It sits him on his can in a fraction of a second if it even questions his intent. As for Michael, he works for me. He always has. He still is one of the best in his trade. I have a ward who survived by being a thief. He's going to be 14. I've asked Michael to take him underwing and actually hone his skills. Not so that he can be a thief but so that his own abilities don't get him killed. I'm hoping he chooses a sensible career, but in case he doesn't, I dont' want his urge to swipe to kill him. He's a good lad. He's just going through some rebellious teen nonsense. I keep him on a short leash because he does have a bit of a temper.

"Oh. And Khaat's adopted daughter, Miseria? She's a werewolf too. You'll meet her daughter. Khaat has custody of her and treats her like her own child. So, you'll be surrounded by all sorts of people and things that are a bit different. You do realize that Khaat and Brian dont even really know you have ever worked for me. They've been living in fear of their lives for the last two years without any sort of a break. Jim, if they take a little bit to be entirely comfortable with you give them a little time. But I know you already know how to do that.

"And yeah. The tea here is my own blend," he said as Lizzie came over and gave Robert a bit of a hug around his neck and set a plate of pastries in front of him.

"You'll be my taste testers, right?" she asked. "Croissants--stuffed with different fillings. Some are sweet and others are savory. You have the mini sizes so that you can eat more of them."

"Lizzie, he scowled. "Kate will not be pleased. She intends for me to eat salads here from now on." Lizzie accio'd a bite sized piece of lettuce from the kitchen and put it on top of one of the croissants.

"There you go. Salad," Lizzie pronounced. "The tea is Peach Mango."

"Peach Mango? Did I make that?"

"Welll....uh...no."

"It smells wonderful. Who did?"

"Taste it first and I'll tell you later," she said, leaving the table.

"See what I get?" he looked back at Jim and then he tasted the tea. "Its excellent. But its clearly not mine."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:08 am

Jim listened to him as he sipped his tea he liked the subtle flavor " good, he knew his stuff Flamel but why does it not completely scare him away?" he asked and watched as a young lady walked up and he smiled " they sound delicious not had Croissants since I left Paris " he said and laughed as she placed a lettuce leaf on her Croissants, he shook his head " good tea " he said " really taste the mango, gives it a sweet flavor " he said and chuckled as he sat back in the chair and looked at the Croissants " so we going to try those?" he asked he watched some one pass the window he noticed how they seem to look in and watch them both.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:20 am

Robert waved to the young woman who had looked in the window. He motioned to her.

"Yes," he said to Jim. "Go ahead. That's my secretary. She didn't know I was back." He stood up and just that fast, Eve Bostwick came in and threw her arms around Robert and gave him a hug and a peck on the cheek.

"Robert! You didn't tell me you were back!" she beamed.

"Because it wasn't safe for you to be seen with me. Not with Gellert Grindlewald as your immediate boss."

"I couldn't care less. And besides, he hasn't shown up there in weeks," she laughed. "I see Forbes, but Forbes doesn't like anybody but herself. I wish you would end this and get back to work where you belong."

"Soon, my dear, if I have anything to say about it. Eve, this is another friend of mine, Jim Cummings. Jim, my secretary at the Ministry, Eve Bostwick."

"Very nice to meet you, Mr. Cummings," Eve smiled. "So how do you like Angus's tea?"

"Angus?" he echoed.

"Yeah. He's been sending a flavor or two for Lizzie to critique for the last four or five months. Just a few bags at a time. And Lizzie share them and her new pastry recipes with me."

"I should have known," Robert laughed. He looked at Jim. "Angus finished his training to be a certified executive chef. He is solely responsible for making sure my family gets fed."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:41 am

Jim smiled as he heard Robert talk to the woman " pleasure to meet you Eve " he said and stood up to shake her hand before sitting down again he motioned for her to join them " please join us " he said and refilled his cup " Angus always was a good cook " he said and smiled " glad he finished his training, was a bit disappointed he stopped "he said topping up his cup and reheating it. " so your planning on taking back the ministry Robert " he said taking a sip of it as he still watched very one come and go " sorry Robert, habit , been watching my back so many years its become habit now" he said and took another Croissant smiling as he found apricot inside.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:56 am

"Those are filled with dark Belgian chocolate and raspberry cream," Eve pointed one out to Robert. He tried it.

"Those are wonderful," Robert grinned.

"Its good to see you but I do have to see Lizzie," Eve said. "Nice meeting you, Mr. Cummings." She excused herself.

"The ministry," Robert redirected the conversation back to Jim's question. "Yes. Its the only reason we came back to England at all. We were actually doing very well outside England. I was..pursuaded...by my collegues like Lee that I could not stand by and let a criminal like Gellert Grindlewald rule over England indefinitely. Honestly, there was a time when I was tired of fighting enough that I was prepared to let him have it. But...some of my friends talk a good arguement. We spent a lot of evenins over firewhiskey talking over the alternatives. The final vote actually went to Khaat. If she and Brian had decided they were alright with not coming back, I wouldn't have. But she cast the final vote that broke the tie on it for me. So, we're in it to win it, I guess. No matter if that means one of us or all of us are lost in a war to get him out or not. The bottom line is that we know the risk and we're back to face it. I have instructions in place to protect my grandchildren if it comes to it, but my family--the adults, anyway--and my first stringers are prepared to go the distance."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:09 am

Jim listened and nodded he agreed " yep, hes like that snake in the grass, you know hes there, but you just can't get rid of him." he said then listened as Robert continued again. " Good , its good to have reliable back up " he spoke softly to him as he tried a dark Belgian chocolate and raspberry cream Croissant. He sat thinking then he spoke up " think me random, but what would all your enemies lose if you regained the ministry?" he asked placing his cup down " there has to be one person who will lose the most, I know grinwald would lose his power but not his followers" he took bite and smiled " hum, I prefer these"
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top