Marriage is Murder - Page 39
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 39 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 39 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:49 am

Jess was about to take when she herd Kate talk and smiled " I was about to say the same thing |" she said smiling and handing Kate a cup of coffee to her. Jess sat back down and watched them both " that's a good thing Robert but maybe its because your focusing to much on it, rest and see what happens, besides I think Kate's right Khaat needs rest and your company." she said sipping her own coffee gently just as Andrew walked sleepily in.

"can I have a dinky" he said and Jess smiled and picked him up giving him a sippy cup with some water inside it for him .

" your going back to sleep little man once you have had that " she said and he nodded

" only if grandad bobert does too" he said looking at him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:46 am

Robert managed a smile at the boy. "You do what your mother says," he said with a gentle tone but with a firmness beneath it. "I do need to check on Auntie Khaat. We're taking a bit of a trip later this morning and I will sleep them, once we're at Auntie Khaat's and Uncle Brians biggest house. Its all decorated for Christmas with the biggest Christmas tree you've ever seen in your life. You go back to bed now, and I'll see you a little later." He looked at the rest of them. "I'm going to check on them."

He went down the hallway and found Brian still in an exhausted sleep, and from Brian's awkward position, he knew Brian was going to have a mammoth kink in his neck when he woke. Khaat was still asleep in very much the same position she had been in over 12 hours ago when he'd put her there. He checked on her. She was in the very deepest stages of sleep still. But he felt that some part of her was not perhaps quite as weak. He hated to even consider waking her to take her to Clorado. It was a trip of only a few seconds but he didn't want to wake her.

"Robert?" Brian asked, far more asleep than awake.

"Go back to sleep, Brian," Robert said, going over to stroke his hair soothingly. "I was just checking. There's time."

"She's okay?"

"I have things," he soothed. "Rest. You deserve it. You've carried us all long enough. Go back to sleep." He looked down at Brian to see that Brian hadn't intended on giving into it,but he was asleep again. He understood Brian. The stress was getting to everyone. And with Lee protecting them by surrounding them with countless aurors, they were safer here than they had been in years. And with the organizaton operating the estate in Colorado, the security would be back in Robert's hands, with Lee's backup. That would give them all a break through the holidays. Robert also knew, but hadn't said, that England was sick of Gellert Grindlewald, and that meant he would soon most likely be needed to assist in overthrowing the evil wizard. And he had no intention of taking his family back to England to face war. if that came again, he would go alone and leave his family in exile and in safety. The only person who knew the extent to how Robert had provided for them all was Michael Tremaine. And he had made Michael promise not to enter the war or if he did, he had to swear to escape before anything ill happened--just in case Robert himself did not make it back alive.

He realized he was feeling like he was saying a final goodbye to his family, in his own way, long before there was any need to. He decided he was as tired and stressed as everyone else. He adjusted the covers on Khaat's blankets and checked his grandchildren before he went back to his office to continue his work.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Andrew pouted at Robert but his eyes lit up at the mention of Christmas decorations " missmus soon?" he asked and looked at Jess who smiled and nodded " yay " he bounced off Jess's knee and walked over to Robert with a quick leg hug he ran back to bed leaving Jess chuckling as she finished her drink of water.

"Don't stay up to late we need you feeling better as well" she said softly and moved to her room again. Next time she woke Andrew was bouncing on there bed.

" missmus missmuss " he kept saying and jack groaned. Jess patted jacks shoulder and chuckled." come on we are heading to Colorado today remember" she said kissing jacks cheek gently.

" that's not why I'm groaning" he said and looked at her to see her shake her head.

" do I have to smack you, for you to make up with Steven?" she said and he sat up.

" no I'll be nice this morning " he said and Jess smiled wrapping her arms around him.

" good now take our son for some food then change the twins" she said " I have to shower and change" she slipped from the bed and walked around it to face him " now play nice " she said chuckling as he pulled her to him.

" yes mother" he chuckled " your still as beautiful as the day I met you Jess" he kissed her and she moved from his arms to the shower.

" and your still as hansom my love" were her last words as she disappeared into the shower. Jack dressed and headed for the kitchen Andrew in his arms.

" morning, any breakfast?" he said chuckling.

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 pm

"There's coffee," Kate said, giving bottles to the triplets and juice to the girls. "Angus went ahead to Colorado to prepare us food there. I'm quite sure that he's up and fixing it now. By the time we finish packing our things and getting ready to go, he'll be setting the table. Robert and Brian and Angus worked out the timing fairly well, I think. You're welcome to coffee or tea before we go, though. Unless you're one of those that gets sick portkeying early in the morning."

Brian soon got up, feeling draggy and tired. He showered and shaved and dressed and then fired a shrink and pack spell on his things and Khaat's. He had no idea if or when they'd be returning to the safehouse in the tropics again again. He didn't know Robert's plans for that, and he had a feeling Robert wasnt' sure either. That depended largely on the political events with Grindelwald. He checked Khaat. She was finally in a lighter sleep. He was starting to consier other things that her boy just needed, period, in order to survive. He summoned two mugs of coffee from the kitchen.

It made Kate smile to see the coffee pouring itself and the two mugs floating down the hallway. "Brian is awake," she smiled. "I hope he's feeling a bit better. Yesterday was tough for him."

Brian put the mugs down on the nightstand and then sat down on the bed. He woke her slowly, tenderly, and then helped her just slowly enjoy her coffee. She did notice the shrinking and packing.

"So...we're definitely leaving today," she said softly.

"Yes," he replied. "Are you okay with that?"

"Colorado?"

"Yes."

"I'm fine with it," she said.

"When you're done with your coffee, I'll help you dress. You'll need to dress warm. We're going from the American desert to the bitter cold."

"You're not bundled up."

"I have a very heavy winter coat," he smiled. "And I have a new one for you. But nevertheless, I'm not the one who could use a little more protection against a cold. It will be bitter, bitter cold portkeying today."

When she was done with her coffee, he helped her with her favorite jeans, her boots and a green cowl necked sweater and heart shaped emerald stud earrings. He helped her do her hair and makeup with a simple glamour spell.

"You are always so beautiful," he kissed her.

"Thank you. Would you check on Daddy, please? Yesterday ha to be horrible for him."

"I saw him a couple of times duriing the night. I'll check once I help you to the living room." He flicked the coffee cups into motion, sending them into the living room, and he picked her up an carried her out to the living room and put her on the sofa. He sent their cups to refill themselves. They said good morning to everyone and then Brian excused himself to go check on Robert.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Jack looked at Kate and smiled " nope not me don't think Jess is ether " he said poring out some coffee and drinking it " god that's good coffee" he said and saw Steven walk out and stop watching him he moved to the living room and sat down his bag place beside his chair waiting. Jess walked out with the twins all dressed warmly and ready to go she saw Steven and sighed.

" Steven quit acting like a big kid and get some coffee " she said scowling at him as he stood up and moved to the kitchen for some coffee quietly. " great now I got four kids to deal with " she said placing the twins down in the play pen. Cassidy woke and sighed feeling the space next to her empty dressing she walked out and over to get some coffee as she touched the pot she felt Stevens hand under hers and she looked at him she could see he had not slept well and sighed.

" you me bedroom now this is going to be over " she said taking his hand and leading him to the bedroom again.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 pm

"What's that all about?" Khaat asked Brian after Steven and Cassidy left.

"He damned near lost his job yesterday," Brian said, sitting beside her. "Your father was exceptionally generous with him."

"Steven? What could he have done that was so bad?"

"While you were resting yesterday in between calling hours and the memorial service, I met with Paul. I ordered Steven and Jack to guard you. Steven defied me and followed me rather than protecting you."

"I see," she said softly, feeling now hurt by Steven's actions. Steven had always been her friend, but he left her when she was sleeping, when she was her most vulnerable. And to follow Brian when he clearly was on his game and had things well in hand. She didn't know if she could trust him anymore as her bodyguard. And she wondered if he really wanted to do that job anymore.

"Khaat," Brian began.

"I'm going to make this as clear as I knwo how to make it," she told Brian quietly. "You can leave me alone with any guard we have. But for right now, if I'm sleeping, don't leave me with Steven. Not if I am not awake or able to defend myself for some reason."

"I understand. I'm sure its a misunderstanding, but he'll have to earn your trust again."

"And you better not even let it cross your mind to let him bodyguard our kids without someone else to work with him. Not until I trust he won't leave them either."

"That's fine by me. Now,..." he kissed her slowly. "Get your mind of my work and onto something far more pleasant. Like, maybe...what do you want for Christmas this year?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Jess shook her head hearing Khaat and walked out to sit in the living room. " Jack will stay with him " she said softly and sipped her coffee. Cassidy walked out of the room and out side followed quickly buy Steven he saw Khaat and stopped to face her and Brian.

" I'm sorry for leaving you yesterday Khaat and for not following your orders Brian, I understand you not wanting me to be on my own with you or the kids, but I would never hurt you or them nor allow any one to do so" he said and looked out at Cassidy " I'm afraid our wedding is on hold for now, if not indefinitely. " he said the hurt on his face clear to see, giving a deep sigh he moved away and back to the room he had used.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:23 pm

"Mind if I ask why?" Kate asked. "Don't either of you know better than to not mix business with your personal lives? You can and you will disagree on business matters. But, from experience I know that you can't simply give up on your personal relationships because of that. I want to talk to whoever made that rash decision. Now." Her voice was not a request. It was an order.

"Steven," Khaat said. "I just need a bit of time. I need to rebuild my trust a bit. I believed that you weren't capable of ditching someone who's life might have been in danger--not for any reason. That's the guy who is my friend. I...I miss that fellow and I want him back."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Steven paused and looked at Khaat moving back he sat down his head in his hands. " I know Khaat I made a huge mistake leaving you after Brian had told me to stay, I used my brain and not my gut and it got me into trouble and it was Cassidy who said...." he was going to continue when he heard her voice.

" I said what ?" she said walking back in to stand her arms crossed looking rather angry.

"you were calling off the wedding?" Jess said and cassidy groaned and looked at Khaat.

" what I said was it might be best to hold off till after Christmas I did not say anything about cancelling it and I certainly did not say I never wanted to marry you, you big idiot " she said as Jess stood up between them both.

" ok this had been planned for the 13th, every one has worked hard on getting it ready for you both and its going to happen, both of you grow up and get it together or I swear I will lock you two in one of the holding cells here till you both work this out, more so you Steven , get your ass over there and remind her your a man not a wimp and work on your gut instinct rather your head from now on" she said rather annoyed jack couched from the kitchen door.

" um if I were you I'd do it mate she's never been like this before " he said motioning for Cassidy to go with him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:46 pm

"No," Robert said, coming out from his office where he'd worked all night. "If the two of them can't see what's really important instead of them both hanging their relationship on a work mistake, then neither of them are ready to marry. Perhaps neither of them should marry until they know what it takes to be successfully married. And maturity out of both parties is a critical thing. Now--I'm issuing an order and I expect you to all obey it. I want you to put your priorities back in order this instant. We need to get ourselves and the kids together and get our happy butts to Colorado. I'm going to take 2 minutes to go shower and shave and dress. You all have five minutes to get us ready to go, including putting winter garb on the kids. I suggest snowsuits and mittens and warm scarves over their faces. Get them into whatever child carriers you're using and let's get out of here. When I get to the estate, I'll disapparate all the decorations and refreshments and preparations myself. I've had enough of this." He turned and stormed out of the room. Khaat and Brian didn't say a syllable. They both understood exactly what he was doing. He was ever the father, the mentor, the boss, the trainer--and his staff had much to learn.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top